Free movement of labour between the U.S. and Canada

What would happen if the U.S. and Canada had free movement of labour (no need to apply for work visa to for citizens of either country to work in the other)?

Would Americans or Canadians benefit more from this arrangement?

As a Minnesotan, I'd be down for it. If Canada is going to be America's hat why not get a little more intimate with it.

SHART
IN
MART

Nah, you're thinking of the South. Minnesota is basically Canada Lite.

>wanting anyone from Ontario in our state

Minorities would probably swarm the areas with the highest minimum wages.

All the Canadians I've met canoeing up in the BWCA have been pretty great. I have no qualms with them.

Then Canada will be full of Mexicans

So, BC and Manitoba will be swarmed with American latinos and blacks wanting that sweet $11.25/hr minimum wage?

Which moron came up with this idea? This would just lead to a single currency and annexation

It would destroy the Canadian economy since there would be even less of a reason for any companies to be based here or any factories to be here.

Er, we have shart in mart here too.

fuck this pussy shit america should invade already and fulfill destiny

Is that in freedom dollars or monopoly money?

we cant even get free movement of labor between our fucking provinces. do you know any tradesmen? you can't build hours towards your trade if you aren't in your registered province. there's no fucking work in BC for my trade but i can't go to, say, Manitoba because fuck me for some reason.

Fuck off, Ontario. It's high time the West separates and joins the union.

This has been proposed. It wasn't talked about much on the (((MSM))) but obama, Trudeau and President Taco were laying groundwork for EU open borders between the US, canada, and beanerville

All Canadians should be shot on sight

Right now it would benefit Canadians since our economy is in the goddamn tank.

Long term it would just drag Canada down as millions of gibsmedats headed north for the free healthcare (which would undoubtedly collapse under the strain)

tbqhwyfam i would be ok with this.

Do you really want Americans' coming in for social benefits? You know its gonna happen...

This agreement could leave out eligibility for social benefits at the place of residence unlike the EU freedom of movement deal.

I'd go to Canada and slay SJW bitches in Toronto then never talk to them again.

They like to be dominated. In fact they crave it so subconsciously it's practically legal rape.

You can do that right now.

Americans can stay up to six months in Canada with just their passport and even extend the stay indefinitely as long as they don't work in Canada.

monopoly

Most of you icebacks would invade, and I don't like the sound of that. I'd rather annex Canada and Mexico, put the populations of both nations into work camps to pay off their debts, for bad shitposting, through forced labor. Fuck ice backs and wetbacks equally.

Hahaha that's not how these people work. You're not getting this deal for economics sake, you're getting it for progresses sake. And you can bet your Canadian do gooders will want compensate the workers for what they add to the social security through the tax they pay and the value they produce in that time.

Did not know this! I'm coming for your beavers, leafy.

I grew up in Northern MN about an hour from Canada. I've been told I sound Canadian more times than I can count.

What's wrong with it already? When I was in Canada and I drove to the US all I had to do was stop at the border for maybe 30 minutes.

Then you go to the camps as well, user.

Currently, Canadians working in the U.S. and Americans working in Canada pay into social security and unemployment benefits schemes in their host countries, but aren't eligible for unemployment benefits if they lose their jobs. If anything, they have to get another job quickly if they don't want their work visas to get automatically cancelled.

Free movement of labour agreement could just remove the "lose job and get automatically kicked out in two months" clause of the current system.

US annexation of moose land when?!?!?!

Doubt it. I'll be operating the ovens.

Only in the summer
The winter is cold and the pests freeze