How come millennials cant afford to buy a home but foreigners can?

How come millennials cant afford to buy a home but foreigners can?

Other urls found in this thread:

freakonomics.com/podcast/why-are-japanese-homes-disposable-a-new-freakonomics-radio-podcast-3/
investopedia.com/ask/answers/08/broken-window-fallacy.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They fell for the college meme (at inflated tuitions) and not the stem meme

they rather rent them?

Because it will end up being cheaper to inherit a house when your parents die

Or have I got it wrong????

Bank Jews on suicide watch

Never saw the point in buying a big cardboard mcmansion in a shitty suburb

why does this image get posted in every fucking thread

God damn I want to own a home. Mow the lawn, have white neighbors, bbq without piling spices on the meat and calling it seasoned. I fucking hate the way my life turned out, oh well I'll be murdered in my sleep soon enough.

How the fuck is that a good thing? Living at home or renting with roomates forever is good? Fuck you.

>oh well I'll be murdered in my sleep soon enough

I would love to own a big cardboard mcmansion in a shitty suburb.

Job market is too dynamic to take out a loan for more than a decade in order to have a place to live.

Plus, there's plenty of cheap rent pretty much everywhere. It's not hard to find rent for under 600/month.

Hmm, piss and shit all over people and tell them it's good. Sounds like the liberal elite being their smug selves.

>mfw bought a house a few weeks ago, at the ripe old age of 23
>mfw I didn't fall for the higher education meme
>mfw my life

...instead they rent bedbug infested closets in "ungentrified" neighbourhoods for $1,000/mo, literally throwing money away every month

buying property is not about the house, it's about the land and its future value.

>Cousin bought a house in the 80's for 40 grand

It's not fair man.

Judging by the screenshot, the author of this article is a fucking moron. Home ownership is one of the FIRST things you should strive for.

Why? Because it's one of the ONLY assets the average joe can buy than generates equity. That equity can fund a whole multitude of things, which fuels an economy.

Fucking WaPo libcucks.

In Japan they rebuild homes since it's considered disgusting living in a used home.

I'll be 27 next year and will put down my share of a $50k deposit with my wife for an apartment in NYC that we'll be able to pay off, if we're still working at our respective jobs, in the next 5 years.

>tfw there are trust fund kids and youtube celebs that are able to do this and I actually have to work for a living

forever a wagecuck

I get your argument, but there is no reason to invest in the future as it stands now. The people smart enough to afford to buy a house also know how inflated the economy is at the moment. We are in the midst of the fall of Rome, and there's no reason to invest when its all gonna turn to ash.

what do you do for a living?

As soon as I build enough capitol I'm buying a few houses to rent out to dumbass millenials. After about 15-20 years the homes will pay themselves off while I laugh at the poor chumps living in my places.

>Falling for the land jew

Good luck with that. Maybe someday when you're not 12 that'll happen.

SYS
ADMIN

my wife's a painter

>falling for the cuckshed jew

Wow, I can't believe that's actually true.

freakonomics.com/podcast/why-are-japanese-homes-disposable-a-new-freakonomics-radio-podcast-3/

t. Non Australian

>falling for the agenda 21 jew

A painter?

Is this your only fucking image? You post this every time.

Those foreigners are filthy rich chinks who want to show off to their friends.

This. Job security for anyone under 35 is basically non-existent anymore. Remaining mobile isn't a lifestyle choice, it's a necessity. I've had to move for work four times in the last seven years. Sometimes because the company I worked for went under or moved jobs overseas and laid me off... other times I had to accept transfers to hold onto a position... I literally can't afford to invest in a house because odds are I'll have to move somewhere else or look in another city for work in a year or two.

I've lived in my current apartment for ten months now and I'm so fucking paranoid about it I haven't even furnished the place. Why fucking bother? I'm just gonna have to pack up my fucking life again in another six months when the company I'm working for inevitably decides to move to China or transfer me to another fucking state.

Christ all I ever wanted was a cozy little house to come home to, a cozy little wife to grow old with, and a cozy little family to love.

how did you afford the house if you don't have a position requiring the degree of a higher education?

wondering because I want

yep, she's making more $$$ than my wendy's C.S. meme degree, but i'm looking at switching over to netsec and becoming a team lead - i'm already making six figures with stock options and have been working here since my internship

it's good for the (((landlords)))

Not true. The only way the economy fails is if the currency hyper-inflates and/or collapses - which believe me, I believe is a firm possibility.

And that's EXACTLY why you want to own property. You're mortgages are fixed. You'll pay the whole fucker off with one paycheck if the shit hits the fan. Whatever rises from the ashes afterwards, you now own a completely paid off property in it - and you'll be light years ahead of anyone who doesn't.

The land I live on is worth more than my house.

I got the wife, and I've made my duplex comfy. It isn't cheap to make shit easy to move, but also high quality. Needs a LOT of real wood, and no poly-board.

Another cheap way to make the lighting warm. Getting a warm LED with some yellow/orange shade makes the room look really warm.

Man that's cheap. I pay 2600...

Im doing a social experiment conditioning you

Because it's literally the only image he has.

He couldn't post something else even if he tried.

I'm betting he thinks it makes us jealous but half of us are slope eyed gooks too so who gives a fug.

Not disgusting per se. Just less appealing than in your own custom-designed, very modern house. It has the advantage of keeping a huge number of people employed in construction.

>be millennial
>have two homes

Dont worry, Ill pick up the slack senpai

I pay 400/month.

>broken window fallacy

unfortunately, it was not purely earned by my salary.

I'm prior military and got my home loan with 0% down through the VA. I do have a job with paltry earnings of

sq ft./flyover state?

The Fuck?you live in a tent in someone's backyard??

>being a fucking pikey

>broken window fallacy
Not so - it's not wanton destruction, it's demolition of privately-owned property.

real estate is the best commodity in this country hands down.

He probably lives in an rv/trailer. I thought about getting a 5th wheel trailer to make my life better.

Link for shiny red button to click

investopedia.com/ask/answers/08/broken-window-fallacy.asp

750sq ft. Duplex Central heat/AC. Hookups for washer/dryer. Garbage disposal, stove, dish washer, and fridge included, along with an attached garage and a storage shed in the back yard. Yard care is included. Oh, and all wood floors.

And yeah. Fly over state. Obviously.

Forgot to add this.

If I sold either home I wouldnt get my down payment back as home prices in my area have only gone down since I bought.

Also property taxes have gone up.

Then one is being turned into a rental.

I would not have bought either one and would have just rented or lived with family if I had family with a big enough house.

Being single though I probably only really needed a condo but I fell for the homes are valuable meme before the crash.

>investopedia.com/ask/answers/08/broken-window-fallacy.asp

The broken window fallacy is about why breaking windows to replace them is a good thing.

It's not the same as demolishing an old house for a new house customized for you.

Plus Japan is notorious for hoarding cash, so that money spent on construction would probably not just be spent on other goods, rather just saved long-term at zero interest.

*a bad thing

>take out a mortgage for 20 years, believed the bankers and the mayor's office about "getting rich city"
>after 20 years, the city is bankrupt and there are no jobs
>sell the house at a price of firewood

I disagree

>The onlookers come to believe that breaking windows stimulates the economy, but Bastiat points out that further analysis exposes the fallacy. By breaking the window, the man's son has reduced his father's disposable income, meaning his father will not be able purchase new shoes or some other luxury good. Thus, the broken window might help the glazier, but at the same time, it robs other industries and reduces the amount being spent on other goods. Moreover, replacing something that has already been purchased is a maintenance cost, rather than a purchase of truly new goods, and maintenance doesn't stimulate production. In short, Bastiat suggests that destruction - and its costs - don't pay in an economic sense.

Destroying a perfectly good (used) house by choice is the same thing as breaking a window on purpose. It creates pointless work for the construction industry that could just as easily be spent on a number of other things.

You keep knocking down and rebuilding perfectly good houses while wondering why housing in your economy is incredibly expensive. Think of all the PS4 games, graphics cards, cars, clothes, fancy dinners and hookers you could own instead of knocking down a house and rebuilding it.

The Stock Market just crashed (and that's a good thing)
The Government declared martial law (and that's a good thing)
Russia launched it's nuclear stockpile towards the United States (and that's a good thing)
Civilization is collapsing in the midst of a Zombie apocalypse (and that's a good thing)

How come when something objectively bad happens, you get these condescending posts claiming that's it's beneficial to who-the-fuck-knows? It pisses me off to no end.

ThisWhat's the point of 'investing' in a house when you know it's going to be worth peanuts in a few years?

>Millenials aren't buying homes
>How come millennials cant afford to buy a home
>not buying =/= cant afford

What is lit like having an extra chromosome OP?

>buying homes
>moving jobs around
Yes, please lets have 5 of those for each job location, can you pack it together with my fries? And while you at it, pls 5 wives for each city of job. (if i can find time for all this shit)

That's the point, though, the houses aren't considered perfectly good, they're considered inadequate.

Houses are extremely cheap in Japan outside the big cities. They've actually been giving away houses and land in underpopulated areas. The countryside has huge systemic depopulation problem.

You japs sure have a crazy country. Giving away land while you have spending to GDP at over 200%.

>t boomer

Why would I buy a house when the bubble is going to break as soon as I get it ?

Well, it's no secret the economy is in dire straits

because foreigners aren't paying for tuition and white Americans are

And giving away land is going to help?

It's not that your country is in dire straits that makes your country crazy. It's that it is so obviously fucked, and the government and its people are totally fine pretending that it isn't, literally giving away land.

Yeah I dunno, I think they will just keep importing foreigners as the world runs down until the country is a shithole and no one even wants to come anymore. There may be a correction but no crash, the country is a tiny gleaming drop of pea in an ocean of poop. They will be merged apparently. So glad no kids, sad times this human race business.

So im planning on taking my Swiss salary over there, buy some plywood castles in a college town and milk Americans' for their student loan... Any recommendations?

It's the opposite colleges are pushing for more foreigners so they can get more out of state tuition. We are moving towards a system that exists to service non Americans with money.

Well, you're talking to a country which has a problem with people literally working themselves to the point of a heart attack.
Also one of the few countries with corporate sweatshops.

Young white people are lazy, vapid cunts who don't want to work. They've been handed everything their whole lives and can live as NEETS off the backs of mommy, daddy and the taxpayer. Foreigners are hard working and willing to do jobs that these cucks won't.

But they will claim its because: divercidy :DD

>That's the point, though, the houses aren't considered perfectly good, they're considered inadequate.

I still disagree. If I consider a car worn out after 50,000 km and have it destroyed despite it being capable of another 300,000 without major repairs the value of that 250,000 miles is wasted like a broken window.

Your next statement changes things though:

>Houses are extremely cheap in Japan outside the big cities. They've actually been giving away houses and land in underpopulated areas. The countryside has huge systemic depopulation problem.

Interesting I didn't know that. I was wrong in my assumption about housing prices. I must have only seen something about housing in big cities in japan.

Despite this, I still believe a functional house (even one for free) should not be destroyed simply for being used. It is still wasteful because the money spent on the house regardless of cost could be spent on numerous other things.

UK MUSLIM SCHOOLS ARE REBELLING AGAINST BRITISH CULTURE

You probably want to go to the Midwest. Big cities are too expensive and the south won't tolerate you for having a funny accent.

>tfw have 20% down payment but shit credit
Oh well, probably not a good idea to get a mortgage in a housing bubble anyway.

Why does a guy who spent 40 grand on his degree not want to mow my lawn? Welp, better bring in more spics since he's so lazy

The problem is obvious.

The japs need to fuck more. A lot more.

The south it is. I like confrontation.

I hope there is another crash maybe interest rates will go down again and I can refinance. I missed the boat 2 years ago.

Yeah. That explains their insane government spending.

>unironically being proud of being on goverment assistance

glad all you had do to earn that is sell all conscience of your nation and go kill people cause they had oil.
Your a true hero for killing those kids, well done, good job.

It's so hot though.

Come to alaska we have moose and fish and mountains and skiing and the best beer in the country. You'll feel right at home except there is more weed.

Just report this retard

College Station (Texas A&M). Texas has pro-owner eviction laws, students there aren't degenerates like in Austin.

Not That Easy.
It's an incredibly complex problem with their society.
Everyone spends all their days working.
Japanese are more introverted and because of this the Yakuza controls the population's sex drive with their sex industry meaning no one has any motivation to meet real women or men.

Yeah... No. Most foreign students (no matter where they're from) tend to be rich kids who pay full or higher tuition. Technically they subsidize American students.

One, you're not entitled to a job (even though you're white). Two, don't major in stupid shit (again whites should no better).

American society as it is today would fall apart if it wasn't for foreigners. They do all the low paying jobs that your lazy, pasty white ass won't do.

Some things are taking care of themselves. Millennials don't buy cars so self driving cars are becoming a thing and I fully expect no one will own cars in the future we will all subscribe to a service where we call a random car through our phones it picks us up and takes us whereever be it down the block or 3 states away. I imagine home ownership will be crowd funded more as 3 families will share a house together to make ends meet.

That's a lovely shed Sven.

>again whites should no better
>whites should no better
>should no better
>no better
>no better
>no better

Pretending to be a boomer?

I actually make more than 80k as a software dev... have fun making 40k bossing around your brown slaves, cunt.

Im trying to buy one but probably can't.

I am a full time student and my wife works at a $13/hr job. I don't have much saved but I'm applying for a loan anyway. I'd think that $60k is good enough for a fixer upper over the time that I am here (5yrs or more)

western civilization wanes as eastern civilization waxes.

No bank is going to give you a mortgage just FYI.

how did all the boomers and brown people get on Sup Forums user... they're making so many dumb typos (probably from their iPhones) and are really shitting up the board with idiotic Facebook tier opinions