Admit it, season 1 sucked

Admit it, season 1 sucked.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YJGJzrGUDHw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Did you mean season 11? Season 1 is the ultimate pleb filter among Simpsons fans because it lacks le wacky hijinks xD

No wacky hijinks are necessary, characters are just boring, unfunny and undeveloped. Also wacky hijinks do happen like Homer accidentally becoming big foot and everyone in Springfield being dumb enough to genuinely believe he is the creature.

nope
Krusty gets busted is one of my favorite epsidoes

reminder, sneed poster is an underage spammer

go to bed you faggot

you're not my mom.

>obvious cliched "confession to make post" b8
>You spam this post thinking it's real

I have a confession to make
literally anybody can claim they made a meme.

>implying sneed posting started a few months ago
God, the worst kind of underage is the kind that tries to blend in. I thought summer was over, what the fuck are you still doing here?

I have a soft spot for season one, I remember getting the DVD box set for Xmas one year. Watched that shit on my dad's laptop on vacation bundled up while it was snowing outside. Comfy as fuck memory I suppose, but plenty of memorable moments.
>bart's Albanian foreign exchange student discussing wealth distribution with the Simpsons
>episode parodying full metal jacket, Patton etc
>old Homer

Huh? Season 1 has more wacky hi-jinks than season 2.

Stop making up shit in an attempt to make a point.

Honestly, season 2 wasn't even that good. It's incredibly dated, and not in a sweet nostalgic way. It feels so incredibly old-fashioned that I'm stunned the show was ever criticized for being amoral/obscene. And depending on your social/political views it's flat-out depressing. For example, in the very first episode of Season 2, Bart Gets and F:

>Bart prays to God for a miracle (delaying the test) and says he'll study if a miracle happens
>God obliges and sends a miracle to Bart (snow day)
>Everyone enjoys their snow day, everyone in Springfield having fun together. Burns and Homer have a snowball fight while laughing for fuck's sake.
>Lisa reminds Bart the next morning that he made a promise to God
>Bart actually studies
>Still fails (by one point), cries his eyes out about how he truly worked hard and still failed
>Edna wants to reward his hard work and bumps him up a point
>at the end of the episode he says that his (barely) passing grade belongs to God

It's like watching a tv show from a completely different country. It's absurdly wholesome. There are still funny jokes. But if current Bart met Season 2 Bart, he would punch him in the face and call him a loser.

ALL THE VODS HAVE BEEN DELETED

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

yes the consensus is that the good seasons are from 2 to 9

Even in season 4, Homer not going to church is a big deal.

>every day we stray further from god's light

Season 1 was the best.

The Simpsons got better with some of the wackier plots around season 8, in my opinion.

A lot of the old stuff seems really dated and even toothless.

>we will never get animation like this on television on a regular basis ever again

Current Bart is a whiny faggot

Matt Groening was too autistic to like the fluid animation and made them change it.

that's the only scene that's animated like that.

in fact this episode was a mess to make and they had to cut out a bunch of parts including 5 minute long segments.

you look at any other season 1 scene and it's animated like shit, that was one of the biggest criticisms the series had back then.

Disagree. 3-5 were the best seasons

Fuckin pleb detected. That episode is pure kino

I agree, episodes like this are too saccharine and make me wonder how the show was ever considered edgy.

It's still a good episode, but it wouldn't be out of place in Full House or something like that. I much prefer later seasons when they aren't afraid to take characters away from their comfort zones and put them in silly, but still relatively realistic situations.

Pure sakuga.

guy who invented the dubs meme here
AMA

can you get dubs every time now?

Season 1 is great dude

nah

And fucked.

how disappointing

The show didn't really pick up until a year or two before The Simpson's movie. If you go back, most of what came prior is unwatchable.

(You)

It's true. The show peaked right when it switched to HD and the art stopped holding it back, but a couple seasons prior to that were very good too. Like said, you go older than that and it's just dated.

Hey little guy, have a (You) on the house. You can spend it across the street at Sneed's.

The show didn't hit its stride until they renamed it The Sampsans

>referencing that vintage outernet entertainment
Oldfags, the lot of you!

Didn't Matt Groening hate this bit?

Admit it, every season is good.*
Ftfy

Yeah it really felt like a normal sitcom

If you consider 6/10 to be a positive score (no judging), then yes, you'd be right.

Season 1 is kino. Incredibly cinematic and subtle.

youtube.com/watch?v=YJGJzrGUDHw

Something you ADHD Rick + Morty retards don't know what you're missing.

Simpsons as we know it (or remember it) was born when Swartzwelder hit his stride, and died when he left.

>John Joseph Swartzwelder, Jr. (born February 8, 1949)[1] is an American comedy writer and novelist, best known for his work on the animated television series The Simpsons. Born in Seattle, Washington, Swartzwelder began his career working in advertising. He was later hired to work on comedy series Saturday Night Live in the mid-1980s as a writer. He later contributed to fellow writer George Meyer's short-lived Army Man magazine, which led him to join the original writing team of The Simpsons, beginning in 1989.

>He worked on The Simpsons for fourteen years as a writer and producer, later contributing to the program's 2007 film adaption. He is credited with writing the largest number of Simpsons episodes (59 full episodes, with contributions to several others) by a large margin.[2] After his retirement from the show, he began a career as a writer of self-published absurdist novels.

>Swartzwelder is revered among comedy fans; his colleagues have called him among the best comedy writers. He is famously averse to press.

>Incredibly cinematic and subtle.
I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not.

I never watch the pilot episode of a show because they are universally trash, but a lot of the time I wont say that season one of something sucked, but almost everything I've seen follows the pattern that seasons 2 and 3 are the best. ATHF, venture Bros, Parks and Rec, etc.

A rare exception would be Seinfeld, which hits its peak more around 4-5.

Star Trek TNG also had a shitty first season.

>Riker grows his beard in season 2
>episode quality dramatically improves
Coincidence?

Season 1 is better than Zombie simpsons.

but that's like saying the Flu is better than Cancer.

I don't know if I made it but I forced "is this a jojo reference?" and suddenly it appeared everywhere.

You can force anything desu

Summerfag spotted, go back to school child.

flu is better than cancer...
what a shitty analogy. go be a pseud on roddit or something

>using information from 2012 to prove a point about neo Sup Forums
I'm pretty stunned you seemingly graduated high school.

You are using a retarded old meme that never had any proof of its validity you dipshit.

You Sup Forumstards people spout "summer" every day of the year.

Hypocrite, "summerfag" is from even earlier than that so by your logic you shouldn't even be using it since it's outdated.

>THAT much
you played yourself mate