The War for Late Night

Who was in the wrong here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o7o69Vw7-yM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Leno for politicking
Letterman for being a bitch about it

I liked them both but where they were was just fine. Dave wasn't a good fit for tonight show. Jay was friendly, dave was an uptight old bastard.

nice forced meme dipshit

pro-tip: meme's cannot be forced, they either meme or not meme

you are not meme. have fun.

>pro-tip: meme's cannot be forced
Tell that to the sneed shitposting. It's easily one of the more unfunny things you fucks force on this board.

I miss them both along with Craig

sneed's seed 'n' feed (formerly Chuck's) is perfect meme material

you need to go back to meme school sun.

>Dave wasn't a good fit for tonight show.
Carson disagreed.

He made it clear that he wanted DAVE to be his successor.

Letterman.

I'm a Letterman guy, but Jay was a fucking team player for NBC. Wherever they needed him (promotions, affiliates meetings) he was there. Jay barely even negotiated his contract. NBC would just write down a number (a big number, yes) and he would agree.

Letterman on the other hand wanted to own the Tonight Show like Carson did, he wanted a huuuuuuuge salary, more days off, and he was a constant pain in the ass to NBC.

>Carson disagreed.
>He made it clear that he wanted DAVE to be his successor.
Not him, but I agree that Dave was the perfect fit for the Tonight Show, HOWEVER, if Johnny really cared about Dave getting it that much, he could have written it into his previous contract that Dave get his spot.

>I will never hear Jay shout STAY TUNED FOR CONAN while I tuck myself in get ready to fall asleep to Conan

>Jay was a fucking team player for NBC
Because he was always a corporate whore. He shilled fucking doritos for years.

He got paid a great salary, did his job, and kept his employers happy. That 'corporate whore' shit makes you sound like you're 17

>Because he was always a corporate whore. He shilled fucking doritos for years.
He was, yes. But this was the battle for the Tonight Show and Dave was like a fat girl at a Miss America pageant while Jay was the hottie giving blow jobs to the judges.

>Leno fucks Carson
>Leno fucks Letterman
>Leno fucks O'Brian
>Married since the 1970's
>No kids
Why is his wife the only person he won't fuck?

It's atleast as funny as baneposting

BTFO by and

>Carson disagreed.
>He made it clear that he wanted DAVE to be his successor.
Citation needed. I think Johnny would have changed his mind after it was all said and done.
Jay was a likeable guy. Dave wasn't. And it's still the same today. Leno is a better human being. I've met letterman in public. He's a miserable cunt.

>Doesn't realize Carson was an even bigger miserable cunt than Letterman
youtube.com/watch?v=o7o69Vw7-yM

I'd shill for Doritos for free tbqh

Easily Leno. Better jokes, better guests, better band, better sidekick, better studio. Letterman was a cranky old drunk until Leno retired then he started not giving a fuck.

Leno was comfy.

>better studio
This claim is so ridiculous it leads me to believe you worked on Leno's Tonight Show.

The audiences.

Leno was always mediocre. Letterman was phoning it in by the mid-90s. I'd say I'd be glad they're both gone but somehow their replacements are even worse.

Wish Norm MacDonald would be given a full show and Conan would just do travel shows and Serious Jibber-Jabber.