Let's talk cinematic universes

Let's talk cinematic universes

Why does some don't while others do?

Marvel and Monsterverse work

but DC and Dark Universe suck

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8zrgkKjVnPI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Monsterverse has precedent, it worked just fine back in the day. Plus, you need multiple monsters to make a series about any one of them work, who would watch a bunch of movies about Godzilla destroying cities over and over again without any other monsters?

I'd watch the shit out of a Dark Souls cinematic universe, but it'll never happen.

Monsterverse is too early to say if it actually works yet.

Blizzard cinematic universe. Diablo movie (following the hunt for the dark wanderer), continuation of warcraft and/or jumping straight to frozen throne, starcraft ghost movie

>Evangelion, Gamera, Ultraman, and Patlabor all become part of the monsterverse

What do you do?

Conjuriverse>Monsterverse>DCEU>>>>MCU

The monsterverse has had two mediocre movies and neither has grossed even $600 million. I wouldn't call it a success yet

I could see a dark fantasy series in the same vein working, though I seriously doubt a legit dark souls film series would be plausible.
There is hardly any dialog in the games and most of the story and lore is told through item descriptions.

>marvel works
>DC sucks

Is this a bait thread? Nice job

>trying to cash-in on le marvel universe
>not absolute desperate dogshit by default

Each movie has to be good.
Each universe has to contain more than one protagonist
Each story has to be separate, yet compliment the others

Its a tall order.

I think it could be done. Just off the top of my head you could do:

>Gwyn's war with the dragons/Seath's betrayal
>Oscar's journey
>Ornstein's journey
>Sorcerers of Vinheim
>Artorias's fall
>Vendrick and Nashandra

>DC is fun
said no one ever

At least DC will be better in the comics

i belive there are already enough slow and clunky movies out there

and videogames

I would watch a cinematic universe of this. What would be the plot/characters?

>Marvel and Monsterverse work

???

mouses?

Monsterverse hasn't been too hot.
>Godzilla (2014): 4/10
>Skull Island: 5.5/10
Godzilla 2 is the only one with potential. Godzilla vs Kong is being handled by the director of Netflix's Death Note.

Correct. Well Marvel atleast

Grossing over $1bil in two movies is pretty great though. Not even Marvel did this. Giant monsters also aren't quite as marketable as superheroes, so I don't expect their movies to gross exponential amounts individually. Except Godzilla vs. Kong which I expect to be pretty big $800mil-$1bil.

just downloaded shin godzila 2016

hopefully its kino

Monsterverse and Marvelverse have good movies. It's that simple.

>Not even Marvel did this
prove it

also prove DC didn't do it

I think actors are important too.

Marvel has Evans, Chris Patt, Olsen girl, Scarlet Johanson, Sherlock Holmes dude.

DC has...huh

Dark Universe has only had one movie so far, we can't really make the call about whether or not it sucks.

Incredible Hulk: 263.4 million
Iron man: 585.2 million

as opposed to
Godzilla: 529.1 million
Kong: 566.7 million

Which for a start, that isn't bad.

>DC has..
A jew

Iron Man did like $585 mil and Hulk did $260mil.

Man of Steel was like $660mil and BvS was like $850mil. But I never mentioned the DCEU which is a critical failure.

The Monsterverse makes above average money and gets above average reviews. It pleases the hardcore fans. It does just what it needs to but isn't stellar in any category.

MonsterVerse sucks right now. Only Japs can make monster movies.

Marvel is setting back hero films with unoriginal story structure, bland dialogue and plastic cinematography

and films (even Suicide Squad is better than every MCU movie)
Marvel wins on the small screen. No, I don't mean the cartoons. The cartoons suck for Marvel and DC. Don't you dare claim DC's animated movies are good.

Still waiting on Gamera reboot

How are they going to make monster movies work with their leftist SJW propaganda agenda? These seems problematic.

dc animated movies are fucking amazing
fuck you

But BvS is the best film of all the franchises mentioned. That's 2/3 for DC whereas monster is 0/2 and Marvel is 30% st best.

>Marvel wins on the small screen.
Gotham is better than over half their shows you cunt.

>Even Suicide Squad is better than every Marvel movie
Imagine being this delusional

I don't have any faith in Daredevil Season 3 if it doesn't stop with the ninja crap.

Fuck off retard

Mask of Phantasm is good. Return of The Joker is good but with bad animation. The rest are crap.

>18+

RW needs to be made with claymation or with Dark Crystal tier puppets. Would look insane.

So what constitutes for "cinematic universe?" I always assume essentially "crossovers" of titles, but I hear that X-men is a CU, though I suppoe that's now due to Deadpool

You make this thread every week. Why do you always make it so baity? You don't think people would sincerely like to discuss Godzilla and friends?
I've never seen any Conjuring except the forgettable first one. I stumbled on this scene. I like it. youtube.com/watch?v=8zrgkKjVnPI

I actually do want to see the crooked man film, but only just because I really like the poem

It's better than anything in the Monsterverse desu.
Pure kino.

A Jew, a Muslim, and a Christian walk into a bar...

Could you be any more wrong?

Please never post again

this is an advert for a survival video game called City Shrouded In Shadow

Would watch an Artorious movie

Because Lionsgate and Marvel are making one film at a time. They have a roadmap of where they want to go and where they can go, but they didn't shove Captain America and Thor intro Iron Man 2 so they could skip ahead to the Avengers.

>Only Japs can make monster movies.
>unironically saying this after the diarrhea that was Shin Godzilla

Shin Godzilla is the best monster movie in decades. Period. Sorry if you didn't understand it.

>Shin Godzilla is the best monster movie in decades.

>Shin Godzilla is the best monster movie in decades.

If it had any other name than Anno's attached to it people wouldn't pretend to like that piece of shit.

>Shin Godzilla is the best monster movie in decades

> Shin Godzilla is the best monster movie in decades.

Name a better monster movie. I'll wait. You're going to need the time.

Godzilla: Final Wars and Peter Jackson's King Kong

Every single one before and after it.

Japan: analytical discussion over the themes portrayed in Shin Godzilla, huge box office success, wide critical and fan acclaim

America: REEEEEE TOO MUCH TALKING ONLY ANNO FAGS LIKE IT MOMMY GIVE ME MORE DINOSAURS

Samefag

Stop lying to yourselves. Accept that you're wrong and move on.

damn i totally forgot about that game. hope it lives up to the concept

people are trying to include Dracula Untold

THE DIGITS

GMK
>better music
>better godzilla
>more relevant political message despite being made almost 15 years in advance
>mostly healthy balance between human interaction and monster action.

Prove. Me. Wrong.