Between the David Lynch movie, and the mini series...

Between the David Lynch movie, and the mini series, why the fuck is it so hard for people to just stick to the source material?

Do we have any hopes for legendary to do right by the books?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nQKbXDz9_9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the David Lynch movie was good. it wasn't Dune, but it was good.

Villenuve will save us

DUDE and then he turns into a worm and lives for 3500 years LMOA
These fucking books I swear

it was pure lynch, but it wasn't a good movie. it had good scenes, and got some scenes from the book right though.

The mini series did stick to the source material, but it did it in such a shitty and annoying way that we tend to forget it

we don't even know how blade runner is going to be. i have high hopes though, since the aesthetic is right.

i'm watching it right now, characters that never meet one another meet in the beginning before leto even dies, like irulan at the house dinner, and stilgar with idaho. liet and kynes are two different identities for the same person for no good reason, rabban showing up in the very first meeting instead of it being just the meeting between piter, the baron and feyd

like the result is all the same, so why fucking change any of this shit, it's like D&D tier writing.

>creates the best space opera setting filled with political intrigue, mystique and rich lore
>makes it all pretty much irrelevant on the end of first book with MUH PROFECHY shits.
This could be GoT in space, but instead we got some wormgod shenanigans.

Childhood is when you want a good Dune film or tv series.

Adulthood is when you realize the only thing that matters is God Emperor, and if you can espouse its principles and ideas in any far-reaching format whatsoever, Dune-related or not, then it is your solemn duty to see that done.

wormgod shenanigans were the best part though

Because when you stick too rigidly to the source material, you get most movies based on YA novels now. Any decent screenwriter could turn the shittiest dystopian novel into a semi-passable film if they are allowed to deviate & create their own vision.

It's actually probably incredibly difficult to hew close enough to the original storyline while having some sort of cohesive vision. Like I imagine the balancing act they'd have to achieve is almost impossible.

Remember that short proof of concept video a couple years back for a movie where people were hunting flying alien whales on another planet? Reminiscent of Dune. Haven't heard any new info about it.

Not OP, but I remember it. I've watched it a few times. It's done so well, I wish something would come of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=nQKbXDz9_9s

Nigger the reason the book is so revered is because it's practically painted like a movie for you. Every thought, facial expression, piece of dialogue and sequence of action is completely spelled out for you. Lynch got parts of it right but he went off the rails with the voice ray gun nonsense. It really isn't hard. The pacing of the book is so perfect for a movie or mini series. All you have to fucking do is just stick to it. that's all.

There it is! Thanks, yeah that looks pretty neat and the effects are very good for just a proof of concept video. Wonder what the status of it is.

Pleb

>unironically defending "DUDE shai hulud LMOA"

nigga they mentioned it since the first book. you knew it was coming

I want a miniseries about MaudDib's Jihad

Worry not, Vanillavue will bring you greatness.

agreed

Fun Fact: Alleged waifu, Natalie Dormer has part of the Litany against Fear tattooed on her forearm.

that just made me cum