I still can not believe this show was less successful than Man vs wild

I still can not believe this show was less successful than Man vs wild.
It just makes no sense to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ey68uVUuyvs
youtube.com/watch?v=QFDyyZYACOY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm not sure how the ratings went but he had some trouble IRL with his marriage and shit while filming so much. After he tried going "off the grid", his marriage fell apart. The few eps he did afterwords weren't quite the same as seasons 1-3. His filming style wasn't nearly as dramatic as Bear with his camera crew and simulated scenes. Les is the man though, him and that Primitive Technology dude should team up.

hes canadian what do you expect. bear could fuck him up

bump for les

Man vs wild is much more entertaining
I like les a ton but in most of his episodes he just goes out somewhere and starves for 7 days

Because it's just some faggot camping

>le piss drinking man beating up based les
Yeah, right.

>bear coming to fuck you up
>walk 1 mile into the woods away from hotel
>instant invulnerability

Who do you honestly think you're fooling. Even if you hate bear he was SAS and later was an instructor for SAS survival training
He can definitely take les who has no combat experience and is pretty scrawny

>one is a ton of staged bullshit where the host is never in any real danger, he's just off a freeway or outside of a city, and he and his crew spend each night in the nicest hotel within driving distance.

>the other is a literally a guy with a camera, wandering into the woods and handicapping himself to faithfully mimic a true survival situation. He does nearly the entire production on his own, down to the music.

Bear isn't fit to hold Les' jock.

>a fucking leaf beating up SAS
Lmao

This and Primitive Technology are outdoorskino

/thread

Bear is still a faggpts tbqh. At least Les wasn't fake as fuck on his show.

>the other is a literally a guy with a camera, wandering into the woods
>within a mile from an emergency camp

Les also usually allocates some time to being stranded somewhere, making camps, trapping things, what parts of a turtle that are good to eat. Then he makes his way out. He tries to setup a whole scenario where Bear just drops anywhere and is like this rock out crop has shit tons of birds, time to give myself an enema. Bear is more scene to scene with things where Les is more about like if you're in this specific situation. And I love the small things he includes like when he comes across other hikers while filming, he throws that in as 'see, even in the middle of nowhere trying to film, you might just get lucky'.

Does no one watch the Primitive guy?
>youtube.com/watch?v=ey68uVUuyvs

Bear is a super nice humble guy. His show got the highest ratings because he was unpredictable. Thats his whole thing. Dont like it? Most people obviously do
Les was also always within a few miles of a camp in case he got into trouble and would do the same things over and over again in every episode just in a different location
Les was comfy, but Bear was fun to watch

Bear doen't even know Fox Magic dropped

damn i didn't know about the marriage stuff but i know he said the way he filmed it was real and real isnt always entertaining bear grylls is a showman not a survivalist

the height of Dadcore TV-kino

>bear is fun to watch.

I'm not into water sports.

Love that episode. Really gives some perspective on how batshit insane making fabrics was originally.

Ed Stafford

The difference between Survivorman and Man vs wild is that MvW is for entertainment and not much more, while Survivorman is meant to be something that you can use because of its practicality (like surviving after a plane crash in the Canadian arctic).

>Primitive Technology dude should team up

I legitimately think that that guy is on the autism spectrum

From what I remember, the first 3 seasons went fine but by the time they were considering doing a 4th, his marriage was strained. He said he wasn't going to do a 4th and tried to go off grid. I guess his wife didn't like living off of solar and shitting in buckets, so he eventually did a few new eps but the format changed a bit. It was still him alone with a camera, but it wasn't quite the same. I have no clue what he's been up to in the last 5 years or so.

If you were ever in the middle of nowhere, you certainly wouldn't mind having him around though.

I've seen looms forever but never really knew how they worked, watching this dude make one, when he was starting to do his work I was like oh shit, I know what he's doing. His whole channel is great. He's Les tier but more intricate with what he's showing off. All his videos are great.

Les has drank his pee a bunch too
Les has also made rabbit poop tea

>If you were ever in the middle of nowhere, you certainly wouldn't mind having him around though.

wasn't insulting him. Just watching him slowly doing something continuously over the course of what must be hours purely as a hobby and seeing the way he writes makes me think he is honestly autistic

Turn CC on, he writes out what he's doing. He has a patreon too so he makes loot off of it. His channel is pretty popular now so while it may have been a hobby at first, he's doing it for dough now. Still very cool stuff imo.

I always read CC

he's really good at editing and directing his stuff though. I don't think people realize it but most of how good his channel is is from his editing and camera work

I love that he doesn't talk, just shows. I didn't even realize the CC thing until I saw a bunch of them. I guess for some people its boring, but its the exact same type of thing that makes me prefer Les over Bear. Les might not be dropping from helicopters, but it seems so much more genuine.

This show is comfy kino

My Dad and I were pretty big into scouts when I was young (his dad was an Eagle and he was an Eagle so I followed in their footsteps) and we only watched Survivorman because it was relevant to us. I actually think the very basic but pretty way Les filmed things made me appreciate film a lot more than shows like MvW ever did.

I think it's pretty obvious the guy is at least slightly autistic. Asbergers ish, though he's capable of focusing on tasks and projects for extended periods of time so I'm not sure. But regardless, whatever it is in his mind that allows him to do mindless shit for hours, good for him. It's entertaining.

His most recent video where he smelts(?) A lot of different things was pretty neat.

People really didn't get his last video. All the dumb commenters thought he was trying to extract iron or something when he just experimenting on different pottery glazes

O yeah that's what he was doing. I found it entertaining. Any time he does stuff with those makeshift kiln/forge and blower is fun.

wouldn't mind seeing him do a bit more with pottery. He's basically reached the end of aborigine stuff

The people expecting him to start smelting is funny, but it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up doing it as a result of the comments. Even with the pig iron he might be able to make, I'm sure he could come up with something impressive.

Isnt his biggest problem that creating enough airflow and a sustainable container for all that heat almost impossible with his current setup?

I think he said he wants to do an eel-hunting episode but I don't know if he'll ever do wild pig hunting, so making a bellows is probably not an option.

People like shit.

Les was getting tired of doing the show by the end, though. I guess it was starting to take about a month between outings for him to recover physically from the shoots. One of the most amazing things about the show: in the field, it was an entirely one-man effort. I don't think that earns enough recognition for Les as a documentary filmmaker as well as an awesome survivalist.

That's because Man Vs Wild is the Beats by Dre of survival shows

Airflow could be a problem but look at all the other things he's pulled out of his ass that you wouldn't expect to be possible. I just wouldn't be surprised if it happens. Some hunting eps would be great.

Les+PT guy, it writes itself. Why isn't this a thing?

he's never really expressed an interest in it outside of acknowledging peoples' desire to see it, it is "primitive technology" after all. Plus I don't think there's any iron deposits easily accessible to him

I don't think he'd want to try Primitive Mining either. A full fledged dam or watermill would be pretty neat but it would be pretty environmentally altering

>Les+PT guy, it writes itself. Why isn't this a thing?

They're both really solo shows, how would it work? Switching between them?

I remember reading at one point that he does all his videos on his neighbors property. He's not literally in the middle of nowhere or something. You can even hear planes flying over in some videos. So he probably gets permission when he's digging shit up for a shelter and stuff.

Still redirecting a stream and actively digging for metals (which would require primitive strip-mining) are both pretty invasive things on any property

The way they do things is similar, Les already being popular and bringing this guy in could be a way to reboot Survivor Man? I dunno. I feel like they're pretty similar, at least more similar than comparing Les to Bear or other shit like Dual Survival. I wonder what Les has even been up to since his last season which was 5+ years ago now?

He's probably limited his career even further now by taking the bigfootpill, truly /myguy/.

link

Watch his JRE episodes. He also made a whole show about it.

>those episodes where he went out with his son.
>his son is a lazy shit that complains the entire time.
>les catches fish for them. First meal in days.
>"no thanks, dad. I don't really like fish".
>les trying to wake his ass up so he can help gather wood, find water, help in any way.
>sleeps in until noon, complains he's hungry but won't eat fish.
>can't even keep a fire going.

You could see how sad it made les.

>You could see how sad it made les.

Forgot all about that. Ugh, right in the feels. Been there.

didn't his son have cancer though?

He should expand his tech tree into raiding and pillaging. That land is his, and the "owners" should know that fact.

last thing i saw les doing which is very sad

youtube.com/watch?v=QFDyyZYACOY

Because his show was B O R I N G. Les was boring. It's not a secret. Fuck knows the reason you enjoyed it.

PT man is cute and pure CUTE AND PURE!

Those guys in Duel Survival clearly sucked each other's cocks

PT man is a true gem

Last time I watched one of these "man in the wild" shows, a guy cooked a living turtle and I felt bad.