Is leasing a car stupid?

Is leasing a car stupid?

yes

Was that car undercooked?

Just man up and buy a car. Leasing is for the feminine gendered.

it can make good financial sense under some condition. The vast majority of high price imports are leased. At least 95%.

>owning a depreciating asset
>not driving a new car every 3 years

Expensive cars are stupid, generally. That's why Warren Buffet drives a 2003 Honda Civic.

You can finance for 36 months you know. And get a new car every 3 years. Its no different.

>poor person detected

>buying shit on credit
>calling others poor

This. It depends on the car. Something expensive that costs a ton to maintain and isn't going to be a status symbol after a few years? Leasing is better. An electric car that is going to be obsolete in a few years? Leasing could be better. A reliable compact car that isn't expensive and you can get your money out of? Buy that Corolla and use it for the twenty years.

Leasing is only for two types of people:
Morons who want a 'nice' car they couldn't afford to buy/finance.
Rich people who have an image to maintain and need to be driving a new car every few years and know buying any car over $25k is a waste. (Unless you're an ultra billionaire like Buffet, maintaining an image is important to your career. Read 'The Millionaire Next Door', it's pretty good at explaining why you wouldn't trust a surgeon driving a 10 year old civic)

A normal person shouldn't lease.

>not understanding how financially intelligent people use loans instead of buying.
>not getting that having a 36 month loan with 0.9% apr is better than having $15k less in investments with far better returns.

>(Unless you're an ultra billionaire like Buffet, maintaining an image is important to your career. Read 'The Millionaire Next Door', it's pretty good at explaining why you wouldn't trust a surgeon driving a 10 year old civic)
>A normal person shouldn't lease
im confused

No. Prove me wrong.

>Giving away capital assets that can gain you interest and investment growth when banks will give you zero % financing.

you sound like a 3k civic driver for life

Basically, if you're in a profession that we, as a public, associate with money and success, we expect you to reflect that. The 'surgeon with a civic' example is because we think a surgeon isn't a good one if he's driving a peasant car (even one has nothing to do with the other). Sales/brokerage/etc is even worse. Nice suits, nice car, expensive watch, they're all part of the game.

When I say normal people I mean average guy in average job who doesn't have to subconsciously convince everyone around him he's hot shit. I mean, if you absolutely want that Lexus go for it, its your money. But if you lease it, yea it'll be cheaper monthly payments but after 3 years you have nothing.

ONLY POORFAGS RENT SUPERCARS

>HERE IN MY GARAGE

GORDON WILL BE COOKING FOR HIS BETTERS FOREVER

Gordon has 5(6?) kids and a hot wife. Leasing was probably a compromise to buying cause she would have kicked the shit out of him if he bought it.

Even ultra rich people get loans to buy expensive shit dumbass.
Less taxes + your private bank gives you freebies in exchange for doing business with them.

Good to see fellow /biz/raelites

Cars are for normies. Bike 4lyfe nigga.

haha nice try poorfag

this logic might work for tax attorneys and dentists, but many brilliant surgeons, engineers, etc, are frugal as fuck, and won't buy a new car until they run the old one into the ground