Is he right?

Is he right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lgIhGgrhQeE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I never really thought about it... Is it a racist song?

Just got hired, huh?

How about fuck niggers and we shackle the cunts again and put them back in the fields

Wow omg really got the organ between my ears firing on all cylinders

No

Makes 0 sense to compare modern standards to the 18th century. So nope.

Key, the song's writer was a slave owner and an anti-abolitionist. I guess the guy has a point, if slavery bothers you.

>Only 1.4% of Americans owned slaves at any point in time

>Rich and Powerful

>portion of slaveowners were (((Nonwhites)))) and freedmen

Guess we gotta cross Peanubutta off the list now guys rite?

>it matters who wrote the song

Still a good anthem

Better than the African National Anthem by Unga Bungawonna

Slavery was common everywhere at that time. "Land of the free" is rather relative. In 300 years, people then might scoff at the idea of our time being considered a the land of the free when we still have prisons. In 1000 years, they might laugh at the fact that we think our society is free because kids are still forced to go to school and listens to their parents.

eek! a leaf!

lol busted.

As it related to the anthem, blacks back then hadn't really proven that they were worthy of freedom. In fact, they hadn't really proven that they were even human. Think about it from a white guy's perspective. He goes to Africa and sees all these uncivilizaed savages running around, chucking spears, 1/2 naked. Living in shitty huts, no written language, no advanced technology, no infrastructure, etc... Meanwhile, by this point, his people have conquered the entire world, done amazing and wonderful things in the arts, maths, science, etc... What is he supposed to think? That these Africans are his human equal? Keep in mind that this was before the mapping of the human genome, the theory of evolution, and other scientific and medical advances that demonstrate that blacks are in fact human. This was before all that. What was he supposed to think?

Why do you follow that autistic mexican?

Delete this thread, you're being too obvious.

You know your ID shows up when you reply to your own post?

>liking the song means we're defending every single thing the songwriter ever did ever
How do these people avoid drowning in the rain? Do they injure themselves putting on a t-shirt?

you god damn right it is nigger

youtube.com/watch?v=lgIhGgrhQeE

>teaching shills how to shill
Literally what's wrong with you?

>I don't like this country because it was founded by slaveowners
>I don't like this national anthem because it was written by slaveowners
>I'm not a slave but my ancestors were and I can't get beyond that
>so I guess technically I'm a slave
>where my reparations
>oh wait I'm a millionaire from playing niggerball
>uhhhhhhhhh... BLACK LIVES MATTER
>(please ignore the fact that I converted to Islam recently)

It's sort of Ambiguous. He wasn't writing the song about himself.

The land didn't belong to those who weren't free.

This, screen cap this, because it is 100% the truth.
It's like one day finding out tigers are actually equal to us, and people in the future start bitching about how tigers were kept in cages and as pets and forced to perform for gay Las Vegas stage shows. There were people living on par with people in Africa, but they weren't living on an entire resource-rich continent like Africa, so it's reasonable that they would have been puzzled.

We can always open up one-way passage to Liberia again, so they can get away from this vast land of racism, but that suggestion itself would be viewed as racist. There is no reasonable way to win with these people.

Suicide is really your only option right now m8

>revising history
>further destroying western history
>because niggers sold their defeated enemies as slaves to le happy merchants

>In fact, they hadn't really proven that they were even human

You're implying they will?

yea i think this anthem ordeal is going to be the last straw for a lot of people. if this connects with the nigger hivemind we might start seeing lynchings again

>because niggers sold their defeated enemies as slaves to le happy merchants

I love the contemporary defense for this
>t-they didn't know the horrible t-things the white man would u-use their prisoners for! S-slavery was a lot different in Africa!

lol yeah, because that somehow excuses selling off your POWs, criminals and social outcasts of your society. Suddenly, holding another human being in bondage and selling them to another human being like a common commodity, is not that bad because you didn't know that the other people, who were obviously also going to hold them in bondage and sell them like a common commodity, would make them work in fields.

Give me a fucking break, the Arabs had used slaves as fucking human shields in warfare and deliberately fed them to the meat grinders of battle, to spare the soldiers they cared about, for hundreds of years. Meals, medical care, and a roof over your head, in exchange for planting and harvesting crops, often times shoulder-to-shoulder with your master, was a fucking vacation compared to what the Arabs had been doing, even then, and for hundreds of years prior.

Also, importation of slaves from Africa was banned in the US in 1796. It was literally one of the first felonies we ever created once fighting with the British died down and the US patrolled its waters regularly looking for violators of the law. The penalty was a YUGE fucking fine, and the seizure of your ship and its cargo, including legal cargo. Being caught breaking that law made you a felon and destroyed your livelihood as a maritime merchant. It was the RICO act before RICO even existed. No one ever teaches this shit, though, because muh BLM and slavery!

We just had our national anthem changed to be more gender neutral.

You're next burgers.

AND, there was another law implemented in 1809 that made the penalties more severe than the 1796 law. That shitty map of the Trans-Atlantic Slave Route they showed everyone in school to make you feel bad, didn't mention that ALL of those ships were bound for South America, primarily Brasil.

I really don't know! Isn't pol where we have discussions like this!? And I'm not hired by the Clinton campaign, BlackLivesMatter or anyone
Else I have no ide what you're talking about

>Is he right?
No, he's a faggot leftist idiot attacking the history of the nation to destroy it.

>"b-b-but muh slavery"
Most of these niggers have no fucking clue. They were born with more rights than they'd have if they were living in Africa right now. Chances are about 1-3% of them would be enslaved BY ANOTHER AFRICAN.

This is racist and you're Mexican too!!

>'This is racist because you called him Mexican!'
>Proceed to call that user Mexican

I would be surprised is you get paid any shekels from this shit show you put on here, OP

free as in free from the english. The US was create by whites for whites.

This isn't true stolen from the Indians built off slaves... Wouldn't a new national anthem be great gesture to blacks/poc?

>Stolen from the Indians

Bought from poop-fucking subhumans that ate their children.

If they do I'm leaving the country forever. That's where I draw the line.

Kind of impossible to take the moral high ground when you're in America illegally.

FPBP

But a black man was the first slave owner in the americas.

year zero when?

Trying to have a discussion here is like
Trying to feed an autistic kid

kinda hard to give a fuck about the opinion of some spic who never accomplished anything in his life.

niggers leave

shut up faggot.