Hey you know that video game adaptation of that novel adaptation of that short story collection that adapts...

>Hey you know that video game adaptation of that novel adaptation of that short story collection that adapts east/central European folk tales
>Let's adapt it into a TV series

If it gets the budget it could be a comfy as fuck show about hunting monsters. Could also have a lot of tits if they go unrated.

I imagine it will be absolutely shit, but I guess we will see.

>If it gets the budget it could be a comfy as fuck show about hunting monsters.
Unless it's actually a cartoon there's no way it'd have the budget. Also if it's based on the books there won't be much hunting monsters.

>if it's based on the books there won't be much monster hunting
I think an interesting development would be to give it an x files monster of the week format. It could help develop the world of the witcher by having him take a contract each episode.

you forgot
>lets fill it with black people

I wouldn't mind that but think monster of the week type shows would absolutely tank with normies

>Netflix
Oh, its shit.

Please no
The games were cringe worthy enough

Way beyond the budget. And again, not in keeping with the series. The only reason people think the Witcher is about hunting monsters is because most people are only familiar with the Witcher 3 video game.

Normies love that shit. it's the format of almost every 90's supernatural show.

You say that like all the past adaptations have been bad....

The Witcher 2 is probably the best written RPG ever made.

Only Played 3 ma dude
Was laughing at the voice acting and mary sue characters

Writing was top notch for Vidya. You are just being a literal gay faggot

>Only Played 3 ma dude
>starting with the last game in a series
You are the cancer that is killing vidya

>voice acting
Literally one of the only things about the game that was beyond reproach you contrarion faggot.

>Mary Sue Characters
they totally butchered Ciri though, granted

>Writing was top notch for Vidya.
Not in TW3. I mean the dialogue was pretty good but the plot was abysmal. Lots of RPGs equal or beat TW3's plot, including other Witcher games. Only well written story arcs were the Bloody Baron stuff and Hearts of Stone. Main plot was shit. Well presented shit, but shit nonetheless.

You'd have to have a really good actor as Geralt, otherwise he'll come out as flat as a board.

I think a younger Liam Neeson would have been the perfect choice.

Preaching to the choir

Stay mad
Witcher 3 blows and Geralt will always be a shitty Elric rip off

It won't.
It'll be shit and everyone will bitch and complain no matter what happens.
Dead on Arrival.
Everyone should just kill themselves.

Digits dont lie

Hey Moorcock, on a scale of 1-10, how mad are you at how popular Tolkien threads are on Sup Forums?

I hope it reaches enough success to generate a three way meme war on Sup Forums between bookfags, gamefags, and showfags

>Netflix adapting an anti-SJW series

This'll be great.

i want it to be good. i just want a comfy fantasy show where the main character goes around killing monsters

Trips confirm

The game is boring fuck but I would watch the shit out of a tv series desu.

They'll just make it SJW and take all the irony out of Philippa and the Lodge's portrayal. Also add in forced love triangle where Geralt is a total retard (fair) but Triss and Yennefer are both totally reasonable and hate being in love with him

I just hope the drowners don't look too fake

>Geralt will always be a shitty Elric
wtf...
>hurr durr...both have white hair...hurr durr...must be a rip off
kys faggot

They have that; it's called Berserk.

Oh look more media for braindead autistic manchildren with no taste who are living inside a permanently infantalized bubble of pop culture.

>comfy
Please stop using this word.

This nigger knows what's up

netflix will ruin with all the pc bullshit and niggers in it

Hey this was a franchise with substance before The Witcher 3 came out, be nice.

Has any of you read the books? There is a chapter where Yen takes Geralt with her to her other boyfriend and when Geralt finds out that she was fucking another guy he is just wandering around the city all sad.

There is a chapter where Geralt is literally (LITERALLY) seething because of the racism around him. His hands are shaking with anger and shit.

The Witcher series has always been what you would perceive as SJW bullshit.

How can you blame us when there is nothing worthy left for us in the real world?

It's gonna be a Death Note tier adaption, isn't it?

>Geralt (Idris Elba) is at Dol Blathana, where the elves shower him with gifts and song
>The White Wolf smiles, enjoying this valuable cultural experience
>a cry is heard in the distance
>suddenly, the camera pans to the thundering
stampede of a thousand men on horses
we see Emhyr (Tywin Lannister) driving the men to fight by cracking a flaming whip
>"FORM RANKS, YOU DOGS"
>in the distance, peasant women and children are burning, the soundtrack a high screaming wail
>"TAKE THE WOMEN FOR OUR THRALLS,"
Emhyr shouts, "FEED THE BABES TO THE
FIRES"
>"Yes," cries Yennefer of Vengerberg (Eva Green), "The White Flame hungers!"
>Geralt looks on, his burned face grief-stricken
"Goddess save us," the White Wolf whispers, "they're even making the women and children pay the Iron price!"

hype?

Bravo Dan

Why is he wearing a bustier?

>The Witcher series has always been what you would perceive as SJW bullshit.
Well maybe what some of Sup Forums and Sup Forums would perceive as SJW bullshit but in context it's totally the opposite.

>ANYONE DIES WITH A CLEAN SWORD, I'LL RAPE HIS FUCKING CORPSE!

I don't think letting Raimi in as a guest director was a good choice...

the game was boring???

>adaptation of that novel adaptation of that short story collection that adapts east/central European folk tales

You know that entire Geralts story spawns for 6 books right? By all means it's not short

Side effect of potion abuse is male breast development. Read the books faggot.

You know it just started as short stories scattered across different small publications that put a dark and edgy spin on fairy tales because that was original in 1980's Poland right?

who would play this glorious motherfucker?

Powers Boothe after a strict workout routine used to be my answer but he died this year ;_;

Yes

I would rather just have a Hellboy show if that were the premise.

after death note I won't be suprised if this is going to be geralt

>Has any of you read the books? There is a chapter where Yen takes Geralt with her to her other boyfriend and when Geralt finds out that she was fucking another guy he is just wandering around the city all sad.
If it were SJW shit then this would have been portrayed as a good thing instead of a huge low point for both characters.

>There is a chapter where Geralt is literally (LITERALLY) seething because of the racism around him. His hands are shaking with anger and shit.
But the elves were an advanced and civilized race that became decadent and fell due to a naive open borders policy, leading to demographic death via a savage race of fast breeding primitives. Sup Forums will eat that shit up

How would you cast them?

Idris Elba as Geralt
Christina Hendricks as Triss

> Also if it's based on the books there won't be much hunting monsters.
The best books were the two first and those consisted mostly of that.
After that, Ciri Sue arrived and the whole story went to shit.

>The best books were the two first and those consisted mostly of that.
Sword of Destiny was the best book and it was almost all drama. Second best book was almost all politics.

>After that, Ciri Sue arrived and the whole story went to shit.
Ciri is only a Mary Sue in the games. But they'll probably make her one in the show so i guess it's a moot point.

Idris Elba as Geralt
Harambe as Yennefer

>HOW MANY MORE CAN THERE BE

Triss

>Sword of Destiny was the best book and it was almost all drama. Second best book was almost all politics.
I agree that there was more to that, but there was much more monster hunting to spice it up than in the other books.
I liked how it was more centered about the universe than on the characters too.

>Ciri is only a Mary Sue in the games. But they'll probably make her one in the show so i guess it's a moot point.
It's not as bad as it seems in the videogames (I haven't finished them yet), but still, she kill a bounty hunter that killed three witchers, can travel in space and time, deceived the kingdom of elves.... I felt like the series jumped the shark with her and reading through her chapters was a chore.

It's been really long since I read those books tho, and all in all I don't remember those being particularly good.
Maybe the translation didn't do it any favor tho.

Triss

what the fuck happened to this lady's face

Being a Mary Sue isn't just about super powers. All that really sucked and thanks to her upbrinding she's a huge psychotic bitch that by the end of the books no one liked but Geralt, Yennefer and her rapist gf. Plus everyone she gave a shit about ended up dying in the end and she just fucks off to nowhere before the game retcons it.

>Maybe the translation didn't do it any favor tho.
The fan translations were terrible.

>racism towards elves is bad
>"strong" female characters
>Ciri is the savior of the universe
>all the shit geralt goes through for yennefer

I think netflix is a perfect place for this shit

It's not an adaptation of the Witcher 3.

>racism towards elves is bad
Elves are white, dhoine are shitskin invaders

>black geralt
>muslim dandelion
>mexican yen
>asian triss

>all the shit geralt goes through for yennefer
Yeah going to sleep every night with his mouth on a hot sorceress' tit in Touissant while Yennefer was getting tortured was pretty rough.

>changing a white actor to asian
>triss even being in the first season
kek

>Being a Mary Sue isn't just about super powers.
Yeah, I might be a little harsh because I hate her character and her arc, felt like she ruined the serie by taking all the attention.
At least some parts of the journey to get her were good.

>The fan translations were terrible.
I'm French so those weren't fan translation, and it's long since we have those books.

read the books faggots

haha no.
identical personality, name, abilities, physical appearance, both named the White Wolf etc etc etc
> inb4 muh lore explanation
If DC made a character called the wolf that had blades coming out of its knuckles, healing factor and regeneration it would be a rip off of Marvels Wolverine
Stay mad

>felt like she ruined the serie by taking all the attention.
I kept hearing this before I read them and was surprised when she was barely even in Baptism of Fire. could have used more Geralt and Yennefer in the other books though yeah.

>I'm French so those weren't fan translation, and it's long since we have those books.
Oh. No idea how the french translations are. The English ones started out pretty hit or miss really. The fan translations were just even worse.

Once she grows up a bit she could be Ciri

They're both albinos with the nickname " white wolf". That's literally it. Geralt isn't royalty of any kind, doesn't have a soul eating nothing personnel rune sword, isn't a reincarnation of the Champion Eternal, can't travel between worlds or use sorcery, has no ties with a Chaos God, isn't sickly, has no jealous family...

So Dante is a ripoff of Elric too?fuck off faggot your series is shit even more than the Witcher books

Doubt the show will even last long enough to introduce Ciri but if it did this post is still retarded because it's based on the books and not the games. Ciri will top out at 16 and be much younger than that for most of the series.

>>inb4 muh lore explanation

Be nice now

>muh lore

>personality, backstory, character arc, abilities are totally different but it doesn't count because I said " muh lore"

There's a reason even other fantasyfags laugh at Moorcockfags.

ciri is a little girl n the beggining (and they are ding the short stories)

Ciri will be a strong independent blackwomyn and one of Geralt's three waifus to normalize poly amory and incest

>Moorcock's name can be literally translated as Niggerdick

kek

I am ready for whole years of Trissfags bitching that their waifu isn't in the show, but not sure I can take whatever bullshit Netflix pulls to shit on the books.

Correct. The DC rip off of Wolverine could have a different backstory character arc but it doesn't change the fact they're the same character
Personality and Appearance are more important than your backstory excuse
Elric rip off always will be

Cast him.

But their personality and appearance aren't similar either.

>backstory and character arc are irrelevant to a character
what did he mean by this?

Who, Silas, Finn, or Kaedweni Soldier #5?

Sup Forumsmmunists need to stick to their containment board

Been reading the books, I like them so far. Will give it a shot. Netflix filling it with niggers is a genuine concern though. They have a shitty track record as of late.

WE WUZ MAGES N SHIEET

>it could be a comfy as fuck show about hunting monsters
Not if there's a bunch of edgy sex scenes and rape scenes and the dialogue is full of edgy dick jokes.

Isn't it being done by the guy that did TW2 and TW3 cinematic trailers? The slavs will stop them from doing this. Right? Right?

Ciri

>edgy sex scenes
I am ready for 0g Eva Green titties.

> Geralt doesn't look like Elric

Ron perlman