The thing I find scariest about this movie are the reviews. Should I even bother?

The thing I find scariest about this movie are the reviews. Should I even bother?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wK8kK4hY6PA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

did you enjoy prometheus at all? if so probably i guess. the movie has some genuinely good content that follows up on prometheus but simply awful generic horror shit with the actual alien.

Yes, reviewers have no idea what is good. They slated prometheus for the wrong reasons and then we got this as a result, of course the studio had a massive part in the clusterfuck too.

Both movies have good ideas ruined by bad editing and obvious studio interference. In covenant the designs, david and ending are brilliant - just go in thinking the colony team was a project to send the last of earth's down syndromes deep into space and accept that any attempt to cohere with past alien films or logic isn't there.

I recommend you go buy the Blu-ray, then shove it up your ass.

First act is boring, the characters are shit
Second act is somewhat meh
Third act is complete shit and there are two generic as fuck action scenes in it

youtu.be/wK8kK4hY6PA
it's quite a terrible film. I don't even think they had a real script, it feels like senile Scott shot it on daily whims like lynch doing inland empire

I have to say that the only thing that I liked about this movie was David, it's such a great character, but the rest is rubbish.

>did you enjoy prometheus at all?
Meh. I saw nothing related to Prometheus. It just looked like another Aliens movie.

>Yes, reviewers have no idea what is good.
I'm taking this as proof that this movie is dog's vomit. Reviewers DO have a great idea of what's shit. NEVER look at the professional reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. ALWAYS look at the people's score. Prometheus was stupid dogshit. They ruined almost all of the space jockey lore.

it was good
a solid 7/10 (for alien fans)
in my eyes they could have cut at least 30 min from the movie but that was ok because the ending was great.

I guess this new trilogy that Scoot is doing is more about David then the aliens....

the only good part was the flute scene

This movie makes no sense at all, just like Prometheus.

If you were watching a scifi movie with robots, then an identical robot shows up, What would you expect to happen?

no, even prometheus was better

Nothing interesting happens. None of the characters are particularly likeable.
The story is torn between trying to be a sequel to Prometheus while also trying to be more appealing to fans of the 1979 movie and Aliens, I guess.
The scariest moment in the movie is at the end and it doesn't feel intentional.
I'm kinda just rambling but overall I thought the movie was entertaining enough to continue watching but overall very disappointing.

I wish he would go back to the 'crew trapped in spaceship with the Alien' formula
throughout the second act after David drags them to his rape dungeon I kept hoping he'd send them 'safely' on their way not before slipping a cheeky Alien powder inside their pockets
better yet, just have David dead and make the characters learn about stuff through his notes and research, anything would be better than what we got

I loved Prometheus, was looking forward to it despite the negative reviews.
This movie is a mistake.. trying to please the fans that didnt like Prometheus, attempting an Alien flick within the previously set up frame.
Its extremely dull and pointless.
In my eyes, it just made everything worse.

David/Walter's scenes and interactions were pretty kino. Especially the beginning with Weyland. The ending was pretty good too. As usual the set pieces were top notch and it was a decent watch as long as you enjoy the franchise.

Don't go in expecting Citizen Kane or anything. It suffers from poor writing.

>The ending was pretty good though
You're not talking about the plot """"""""""twist""""""""" right?

Exactly, it's stuck in the middle of the two films and gets to be neither, and while it's not outright bad, it's just disappointing especially when it was supposed to answer atleast SOME questions that Prometheus brought up.

it cant decide whether it wants to be an ALIENS move or DAVID movie

also CGI aliens are nowhere as scary as practical effects aliens

Surely the people saying they liked the ending aren't talking about the 'twist'.

Cgi in this movie was terrible
The little white aliens were a joke

Aliens is objectively better than Alien. Only plebs think otherwise because they think the Alien franchise is supposed to be shitty horror, not good Sci-fi.

Fucking brainlets.