Would you like a movie about pic related?

Would you like a movie about pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

alexmagnus.free.fr/Picsou/42 - The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck 7 - The Dreamtime Duck Of The Never Never.pdf
alexmagnus.free.fr/Picsou/45 - The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck 11 - The Empire-Builder from Calisota.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=P9VA-uHpAfQ
amazon.de/Nur-keine-Sentimentalitäten-Entenhausen-Deutschland/dp/3896674064
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Disney even coming close to the source material
nah

Agreed, it would just be neutered and would end up being a disappointment

I am literally dying to see a movie like this and I still wonder why the hell Disney has never made a big budget animation movie on Scrooge. I know he isn't that popular in the IS but he is a bloody household name literally everywhere else on the world, and it is not as if it is a completely unknown IP to Americans anyway

US

That was a pretty funny typo. Also, does anyone like the Carl Barks Donald, and Scrooge stories from way back when? Also, is anyone from this thread from the Nordics?

The visual novel is pretty fucking fantastic, one of my favorite things in fiction.
However seeing that it's a fucking mouse they'd make it terrible.

Ultiamtely the only chance is if it was a passion project for some very rich person.

No they would just fuck it up.

Brazilian-Amerifag here. I have a ton of Carl Barks comics, I always thought they were the best

Yes, he is very popular here.

I'll be meeting Don Rosa in Baltimore in a few weeks, I'm excited.

Swedish don rosa here

I inherited a collection of Barks comics as a kid. Read them, loved them, treasured them. Passed them down to my youngest cousin who immediately sold them all on ebay

What if you take the story, the visual composition and just replace characters names and make it live action?

I think it would work well.

French here, Don Rosa is best CONFIRMED

What a cunt. I will never give away the boxes and boxes of comics I have in my basement. I want my kid to have that.

Even with the embedded values of self-reliance, experience(s) and hard work and the positive overall theme of money = memories, it's still a story about a literally white old rich dude. That would not compute for contemporary producers.

This is a frequent topic on Sup Forums. Not that I mind, of course, since Scrooge is pretty much the single greatest character in all of fiction.

But no, I would not like them to make a movie about Scrooge. He is too good for contemporary comic book adaptations. There is no way in hell that it could do the source material justice. Firstly, his story is too epic and grand for a two-hour movie. Secondly, there what this guy said. The Scrooge we all know and love is simply unpalatable to modern producers, maybe even modern audiences. He's an unapologetically masculine INTJ, and normies don't like unapologetically masculine INTJ's.

Also Disney could suck a duck.

>too epic and grand for a two-hour movie
What about a 15x1h tv series?

No, but I'd love a television show.

Yes and yes. Norway here.

I wanna see series of cgi animated movies imitating Rosa's sttyle about the series
Then some other Scrooge adventures by Rosa once those are done
Fuck MCU and DC movies, Duck cinematic universe when

I'd love that. I know this stuff is for children, but they are literally some of the best written stories I've ever seen.

There's still the problem that they would make him a nu-male.

To be honest it would work really well, would have more mainstream appeal as well

Don Rosa made awesome comics but I don't think a movie would do them justice.

daniel day lewis as lead

Fuck, even half hour to hour long episodes as TV series would probably work if they had budget to make it look great

At least the Donald has options after they impeach him.

Call me pessimistic, but I think it would be Ducktales all over again, at best. Decent, but overall vastly inferior to the source material, lacking any real depth or grit.

>tfw it's written but it will never be released because Disney fucking shits

Fucking hell

TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN

imagine him saying "the goyim know" in that voice all the disney duck characters have, kek

Just imagine a Miyazaki-directed 240 min. 2D epic in the style of his early funny-animals work

I liked Don Rosa more than the original. But that was because Don Rosa was amazing.

Does this involve a million stories about the Beagle Boys trying to break into his tresor?

Both are amazing, but in completely different ways.

It's funny how Rosa can be such an autistic fanboy about the Barks Lore, but still produce comics that are 100% different in every way, from the artwork to the general tone and storytelling style

Seeing as the comic was totally episodic I don't see how it would work as a movie. Would be better as part of the new duck tales

Ask him who isn't favorite Duck Tale is

And they are all AWESOME

Only if he was cast as a black women

Life and Times? No, but their on his path.
Honestly, just read the damn thing.

IMO Rosa's comics are masterpieces and Barks' are just ok. Don Rosa would slap me for that but I think he kinda has some problems with acknowledging his life's work.

These two chapters really show the arc of Scrooge's character.

alexmagnus.free.fr/Picsou/42 - The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck 7 - The Dreamtime Duck Of The Never Never.pdf

alexmagnus.free.fr/Picsou/45 - The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck 11 - The Empire-Builder from Calisota.pdf

This. Barks wasn't bad though.

It's the stories of how he made his fortune, from his days as a shoeshine in Scotland, to a Riverboat captain on the Mississippi, to a cattle driver in the old west, to a gold panner in Alaska and beyond.

>
I loved those comic books. They were just the greatest thing. Donald Duck comics was what I read when I was a kid. Didn't really get into superhero comics. It might be a European thing. Besides Don Rosa and Barks, I also enjoyed Marco Rota comics. It must be fifteen years since I read it, but I vaguely remember one of his stories which was about a Saracen town facing a tsunami.

This thread soundtrack:
youtube.com/watch?v=P9VA-uHpAfQ

Ok what comics constantly feature the Beagle Boys then because I remember reading a lot of those

The best way for it to be made is with the current Ducktales series.
Every few episodes, he sits to kids down and tells them one of the stories of his youth.
String them all together after a few seasons and you'll have Life & Times: The Animation.

The series also tells the history of the Beagle Boys.

A lot of Scrooge's comics have them, it's just that this specific one doesn't feature them that much. They're still there, but his biggest nemezis is time and ambition.

That would be great and I don't even mind the new art direction though it would be fantastic if they made animation out of Don Rosa's highly detailed drawings. I mean, that would be plain gorgeous.

Never think about the family relations in Duckburg, or you will lose your mind.

Life & Times does have a three stories with the Beagle Boys.
How Scrooge met and fought off their father, how they came back when he claimed his land in Duckburg and fought off Teddy Roosevelt and the a cavalry, and how Scrooge, Donald, and the boys met for the first time at Christmas and drove them off once more, igniting the flame in Scrooge's heart again.

> Steamboat craziness
> Anaconda Copper mine race and melee for the claim
> Motherfucking swordfight in Castle McDuck
> Commandeering a multi-species stampede in the Transvaal out of sheer anger
> Huge flash flood and Dream Cave shenanigans in Australia
> Each and every scene set in the Yukon, including the Dawson rampage

There's tons of setpieces that would be awesome to watch in film version, but nah, it's never happening.

Don't post Scrooge, you'll attract F*nns.

how is the new duck tales? Ive been wanting to check it out just because of Sam Riegel

also
>tfw you can still cry just remembering this panel

The new DuckTales cartoon doesn't seem to make him a nu-male.

There's no way in hell you can neuter Scrooge McDuck. He's the rags-to-riches story pursuing the American Dream. Scrooge earned his wealth through work and persistence. And he usually did it square.

The original 80's cartoon taught me the most important lesson in life: Work SMARTER not harder.

You forgot taking on the armed forces of United States of America (and junior woodchucks) led by Teddy Roosevelt and winning.

It's pretty good, honestly. The humor is spot on and David Tennant is perfect as Scrooge. I also like how they try to give each of the nephews an independent character instead of hivemind triplets we had so far.

Two episodes for a single hour long episode, and it's pretty good.
You'll be able to tell apart Huey, Dewey, and Louie quickly, even if they sound a little older than they should.
Webby's not as annoying, and sometimes endearing now.
They've got Donald good, and he'll go into a berserker rage often enough.
And Launchpad is back, and Darkwing is confirmed.

>tfw you realize those threads are created more often than before because shills are at work because we're really getting Life and Times within this new DuckTales

Most of the stories either riff off films like Citizen Kane or wild West stories (novels).

Grandfather.

Do you live by Scrooge's words, Sup Forums?

They reference them for a couple of panels at best.

Superhero comics are lazy, childish, filled with clichés and never tell a real story with real characters, just the same lazy shit over and over again.

No not really no everything about Scrooge is Kane. There's entire Sherlock Holmes story in there too, just with Ducks.

I also love Marco Rota. Those are the three big ones right there.

i still have that comic

jesus christ so much nostalgia

I do mind the aggressive blandness of the animation and visual style and the character "improvements", but what the hey.

How would the chronology from TLaT would work if the new show is set in modern times and Scrooge isn't fucking 150 years old though?

Not that far, "The Richest Duck in the World" starts off like Citizen Kane, and the entire title is an Homage to The Life & Times of Judge Roy Bean, going so far as to feature him in "Prisoner of White Agony Creek".

>What's going on in there isn't illegal in Texas, or any other state for that matter!

I try to, but it's hard to make an honest dollar because he's absolutely right that there's a fuckton of people that will fuck you over.

You know how Sup Forums likes to meme about The Founder movie? Roy Kroc partially succeeded because he had persistence; just like that self-help recording in the movie. Business is cutthroat and it's dog eat dog.

It's admirable that Scrooge made his fortune fair and square, but guys like him are outliers in the business world.

Hon hon hon!

Ducks in the wild have been known to live up to 200 years.

As a norwegian, I can honestly tell you they're not that bad. Sure, they're autistic and they smell bad, but they're fun to be around when you drink, they're nice enough and they're honest.

I've read that episode, that's basically Inception before it's time.

No, I'm a lazy cunt. I admire him though.

Carl Barks fanboy here

>Miyazaki making Lifetimes of Scrooge McDuck
I want this. What is worse is that it will never become reality. Truely the darkest timeline.

Barks was a genius on a totally different level.
Rosas was a dedicated, perfectionist. Barks shat out page after page.
Granted, because of that, barks has amassed a big pile of garbage, but the top 25% transcend disney comics.

Rosa is first and foremost an action adventure comic artist, and disney artist second.

And that is coming from someone who has a signed life and times next to him right now

Donald Duck cinematic universe when?

Post a must read Barks comic

What happened to Donald's sister?

Erika Fuchs did a fantastic job translating all of these to German. I love that style and it isn't even hard for children to understand eventhough it is sophisticated.

If you like Rosa type adventure stories,
>Pipeline to Danger
>The Status Seeker
come to mind

Died in a car crash I believe?

Well, maybe for Germans Barks' stories have a bigger appeal precisely because of Erika Fuchs. She polished the gemstone to the sparkling diamond we know today.

I can only recommend you this book if you are interested in the subject:
amazon.de/Nur-keine-Sentimentalitäten-Entenhausen-Deutschland/dp/3896674064

I think she died somehow.

>don rosa
>not superior carl barks

I don't recall this, but it's heart breaking.

I literally cried while reading this comic and I was 24 then

Norway here. I liked the italian stories better. The adventures were funnier.
There's one where they go inside the earth, and earth is hollow.