Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0506149/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZhUQRN5Y2hs
youtube.com/watch?v=8ESMg_2EIWw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Iggy Pop was in a kids show
You know Pete and Pete are older than most of the posters here

this show was good

Thst song is so good I can't even listen to it right now. I can't handle the feels

Most people on Sup Forums are 25, they grew up with late 90s/early 2000s shows, so they wouldn't really care about early 90s shows like this one.

I'm still pissed about the lack of season 3 DVD.

YOU'RE LOOKIN POSSIBLY DERANGED.
BADOBASHIMBEA

Definitely the best live action show Nickelodeon made.

>Most people on Sup Forums are 25
how deep down into your asshole did you have to go to dig that one up

Love the theme song but never got to really see the show. I was very young when it was airing. Born in '92. Although I always remember the theme song and it brings up fine, nostalgic, happy feelings of the time. Just never watched the show.

I bet it's hard to find, isn't it?

>25
haha keep dreaming, gramps

I remember I used to watch this show, but I don't remember shit about it. The only thing I can remember is the one kid threw a paper ninja star and apparently it was very dangerous, but some retarded super hero kid jumped up at the last second and caught it in his mouth and chewed it and swallowed it.

I have found memories of watching this show with my older sister. I went back a few years ago and it amazes me how it still holds up, hands down the best kids show ever made

i only remember the brothers and that wacky neighbor or janitor or whatever who apparently was super strong. literally all i remember. i don't even remember any specific scenes or episodes.

There were DVDs of seasons 1 and 2, sadly out of print. Season 3 never made it to DVD (although I heard a rumor that they were actually produced and ready to ship, but due to some licensing issue never made it out of the warehouse).

There's a a full series torrent with DVD rips of season 1 & 2 and low quality TV rips for season 3 plus all the shorts that were made before it got greenlit for a full length series.

I would love to find that. I'm very interested in seeing it, after all these years. I've read that it's a very well-written and heart-felt show.

This was by far my favourite show when I was a kid. I still hope one day it will come back.

>According to co-creators Will McRobb and Chris Viscardi the season three DVDs were actually pressed and are sitting in a warehouse
>"It's packaged, it's recorded, we did commentary tracks with a bunch of the cast, there's all these special extras on it. They pressed them, we saw it. Nothing."

Wow.

It's fantastic. It's possible the pinnacle of all of Nick's 90s live action shows, when they were producing unique content rather than cookie-cutter sitcoms. It was surreal and absurd but it never pushes it in your face, it treats the strange as normal and that's what endeared the show to so many.

This is something I'm still butthurt about. I bought the season 1 and 2 DVDs as they were released, and I kept waiting to hear about season 3. Then I saw that.

Im 32 years old

Season four when?

At least the podcast is pretty interesting sometimes.

Got you beat, I'm 35.

don't ever wish that

This whole album is really good

Just turned 31

31 here

Last time a Pete & Pete feels was posted I ended up high listening to Polaris crying like a bitch muffling my life regrets with a pillow and screaming WHYYYY. Fuck nostalgia, never again.

Seconding this. Mark Mulcahy is a seriously underrated musician and songwriter. If you haven't, you should also check out Miracle Legion and some of his solo stuff. It's the same music, he just had to use a different name for the show because Miracle Legion was in record company limbo at the time.

>tfw 28

me too brother. i used to think i was gonna leave this place

Artie, the strongest man............ in the world

29. None of my friends or family know I come to this awful place.
>sitting at work on break
>laugh at a picture
>"Hey user, something funny on your phone?"

I will always remember the episode with the telephone booth and the melting street.

Is that when Mr. Tastee left?

What was the picture?

Just do it user. Its a bittersweet pain but Im happy knowing I lived through this time period
Just turned 29. Tell me senpaitachi, 30 isnt so bad right..? Also I just realized something, there really is this many older folk on Sup Forums shitposting all these memes

dunno :3
imdb.com/title/tt0506149/

JUST turned 29 and I know i'll be here for the foreseeable future, and im fine with it.

M8 I'm 28 and I like this show a lot, reminds me a lot of comfy suburban life in the late 90's/early 2000's.

YES. I got that tape in a cereal box mail in or something.

Yeah at this point after a decade on here I've come to realize this is the only forum I can really talk on abd probably will be for years to come.
You guys may be faggots but you're my faggots.

n-no

Would you a grown up Ellen

It's the only place for good bantz desu. I can only see my real life friends a few times a week at this point.

Thats sort of an average. There's probly better sets or categories of posters.
>GoTspam
>Reality TV
>Unironic Rick & Morty
>Oh my god have you ever heard of this ?
They're like 16-18 probly.
Sup Forums trolls maybe early 20s max.
The 2deep4me filmschool wannabes in their maybe 22-25 range.
Then the old people who just talk about niche shit that happened 20+ years ago that are higher.

twice as hard

>tfw they don't make fun upbeat tv shows anymore and instead make dark and cynical shows like rick and morty

this

>tfw all my real life friends live in other states

It's a shame, can't make anything without it being cynical or political these days.

Pete & Pete was pretty dark and cynical. I mean the Wrigleys were a shining light in that twisted wisconsin universe.

>That one episode where Mom's Plate came in handy with the garage door remote controller.

whole thing is on youtube.

I was born in 90 and watched them all back in day

>implying i wasn't born in '84

It's there waiting for you
> youtube.com/watch?v=ZhUQRN5Y2hs

you should know by 25 that anything past then means nothing

The songs and the atmosphere capture living in the suburbs in the 90s better than any medium in my life.

Straight fresh grass sundowns and inter tube air

You know you hated this show as a kid but only pretend to like it because of nostalgia.
Don't @ me.

Yep just closer to accepting death every year even if you have what you want a family money or what have you.

@u I had a huge crush on michelle trachtenberg. Still do, come to think of it.

30 fag here... idk what I'm doing with my life

I dont know a single person that hated this show or could give a convincing reason why they would.

30+ crowd represent!!

Why are the elderly so cringy

Cause its absolutely hilarious to us when we embarass children.

NOBODY KNOWS
NOBODY KNOWS

>look at me im a contrarian 4chinner

>I was born in 90 and watched them all back in day
Same here. Pete and Pete was my favorite show on the network by far.

33 here

Like 90% of the supporting cast was random musicians and rockstar types. Iggy pop taught little pete to play guitar.

Exactly.

Also grandpa's bowling ball was one of my favorites, with the briefs inspector.

95% of the people on this board probably weren't even alive when this show aired

Gay. Play some Marmalade Cream.

Would you have answered it?

No, closure is overrated but mystery is forever. Sucks about petes' mom's plate problems though.

Pum

right in the feels.

>circa 25 years later
>still no official instrumental version

youtube.com/watch?v=8ESMg_2EIWw

anyhow, you now remember her.

Sheit. Maybe there's hope.

Hope is always there, user.

But it needs you to act.

Why don't children get shows like this anymore? Everything these days is on some cheap set and never on location..

If you believe... we've got a picture perfect plan. We've got you fooled, because we only do the best we can.

Maybe the dvd audio tracks have dialogue separated out. Maybe.

Ah, no the dvds are basically tape rips. Well jewed, nick.

74 here. They told us we shouldn't use the computers but fuck those boomer caretakers.

Most of us were born in the 80s.

I haven't watched Pete & Pete since it used to air on Nickelodeon.

they must have played this on reruns or something, because I just looked up the shows run and it was from 92-96. I'm positive we didn't have cable until after 96. Hell I remember hearing kids talk about rug rats and thinking it was a show about actual rats running through sewers or something. There are only three episodes that I can remember off the top of my head. One where older pete does some drivers training simulator thing while trying to get his drivers license. One where they put a penny on a train track and think they are going to derail the train. The last one being when some food critic eats ribs with a fork and knife. damn haven't thought about that in a long ass time.

>tfw 37

I have to be honest.
I'm 30 now, but Pete & Pete was too weird for me as a kid. Now that I'm older I can understand the humor and the genius of it, but as a kid I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be funny or serious. So it sort of creeped/weirded me out and I didn't watch it very often. I think it's amazing now, though.

Probably saw it at someone else's house.