youtube.com/watch?v=C_giRlA-U90
youtube.com/watch?v=yS6m6NM_Md0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

PTSD 6
youtube.com/watch?v=WSYPYq9D_No
Pegasus

Gauis did nothing you wouldn't do

>>episode
Final Cut (aka the episode where Gaeta became a character)

>>character
Colonel Saul Motherfucking Tigh, the most badass man in the universe.

>>track
The song playing in the bar when Lee and Dee's marriage finally collapses, which was another Bear McCreary song from a film he did a few years earlier: youtube.com/watch?v=O4zlihY2axQ

>>ship
The Raptors, such a classy and utilitarian design, always the overlooked vehicle in any conflict, which is why they escaped New Caprica, and destroyed the Cylon Colony ship.

>Passacaglia
That's basically cheating m8, it's impossible to deny that that's the best song, so I posted the second best.

>Punished Tigh
>A Fallen XO
>Why are we still here Bill? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my eye. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna smash those frakking toasters

honestly, I could see some logic behind that scene
the Cylon don't give a cap about being killed, they'll just respawn and as evidenced by their genocide, they also aren't near moral enough to care about what happens to anyone other than themselves.
Also given they're immortal, imprisonment just loses its meaning not to mention that any sort of humane prison would allow them to kill themselves quite easily.

so prolonged torture, be it psychological or physical, is the closest thing to consequences you can inflict on the tin cans

Is it even possible for Exodus Part 2 to be topped by anything?

>The Adama Manoeuvre
>The Pegasus at Ramming Speed
>The look on Saul's face after he saves the human race and Adama gets all the credit

I'm still mad

>>The Pegasus at Ramming Speed
youtube.com/watch?v=so10dKbhorI#t=7m19s

>YWN REENTER A PLANETS ATMOSPHERE JUST TO LAUNCH YOUR FIGHTERS THEN JUMP THE SHIP TO HYPERSPACE BEFORE SLAMMING INTO THE GROUND
BSG IS BY FAR THE BEST TV SPACESHIT

THE SURVIVAL OF HUMANITY HANGS IN THE BALANCE SO THERES REAL URGENCY TO EVERYTHING UNLIKE MOST OTHER SPACE SHOWS

THE CGI SPACE BATTLES ARE AWESOME, THE AESTHETIC IS GRITTY AS FUCK AND THE PLOT DODGES ALL THE NERDSHIT

ITS AMAZING SYFY PUT OUT SUCH A QUALITY SHOW, WAS A FLUKE THEY'LL NEVER TOP IT

And yet your image is from the worst episode in Season 3
Go figure

>worst episode in Season 3
Dubs confirm

Unfinished Business was an absolutely superb character study, especially between Roslyn and Adama. The Woman King is the worst season 3 episode, I fucking hated Helo and nearly every 3 or 4 episodes he did something worthy of getting airlocked but Adama always forgave him.

Dr. Robert actually did nothing wrong though. Fucking Sagittarions ruin everything.

>an absolutely superb character study
Nigga they ran out of money to fight Cylons so they spent the rest of the season doing nothing
>Ron, I've got some bad news
>What is it?
>We, uh, we used up our entire CGI budget for the season on the escape from New Caprica episodes
>Guess we'd better have some character-driven story then

If it wasn't for the fact he was a race traitor, Helo would've been best boy
When Tigh was busy getting on the piss, he stepped up as XO

>Followed by The Passage
>Followed by The Eye of Jupiter
Sounds like you're making shit up bro, those were packed with CGI.

Stock footage, shot for shot basestars and fleet
Don't believe me? Compare with season one. It's the same planet Starbuck crashed onto with a different color palette

I can't check those at the moment, but the entire passage and all the supernova and temple stuff definitely wasn't stock.

>Implying Saul cared about the credit.

What you're seeing is the utter despair a man only feels when he finally finished an impossible task, and in doing so only just realizes in no way were his sacrifices worth it.

youtube.com/watch?v=UgHUUbm4ePM

Goosebumps every time.

First time rewatching since 2009. Only have DVD's for the miniseries and S1&2. Just run out of episodes. Lay Down Your Burdens pt 2 cliffhanger ending with the fleet making an emergency FTL jump the fuck off New Caprica and and abandoning the survivors. Baltar being a treacherous slime and surrendering instantly.

Forgot how fucking brilliant this show is lads. I love it. Some of the GOAT TV right alongside LOST.

Best episode
>No Exit from S4. That Cavil deconstruction of a man scene...

Best character
>Baltar. His redemption in S4 is art. James Callow also masters the "talking to someone only he can see" by this point - straight out of Quantum Leap.

Best actor
>Katee Sackhoff. So underrated.

Best music
>The Shape of Things to Come/Passacaglia

Best ship
>Galactica

I wouldn't trust a hot chick that wanted access to government secrets because I've heard of spies before. For a smart guy, Gaius was really dumb.

She seemed legit.

The lore in this show was inspired. Kind of similar to the greater Stargate lore utilizing ancient mythology. And they don't dump it onto you either. It's just weaved into the background of the show.

James Callis.

Fuck smartphones.

Have you seen how hot she was though

>Crossroads Part II
Many people hated it for it being too far out there, but Lee's monologue and that ending was insane.

>Baltar
Great redemption arc, deep down we are all him, or at least we want to try and be him

>Violence and Variations
All the western orchestral tracks are geat, but I love how this intertwines the Lee&Kara theme as well as the passacaglia/shape of things to come theme

>Basestar
I just loved them floating with the piano music

Shape of Things to Come is a refined Passacaglia

youtube.com/watch?v=x8zsE5zdlsQ

This is the biggest case of JUST in human history

The character or Callis himself? He's voicing Alucard in Castlevania which got picked up for more episodes

Blackbird
Tom Zarek
Mandala in the Clouds
Resurrection Ship, it's like a space gothic cathedral

Why are they releasing a game 10 years after it was popular?

GOAT soundtrack, bar none.

Also, did people realise this was Tigh at the time (on the right)? It's very clear in the blu rays but HD TV was still very expensive at the time so I dunno if people would have been able to tell.

He was great in Eureka S4.... and had a few failed pilots which were all good. What the hell happened to his career?

At least he has his nice family (not as cute as Jamie Bamber's girls though)

Development hell. Lucky to get it at all.

Also the studio is looking to reboot the IP as a movie series.

£30 is way too fucking steep for me :/

he knew she was using him but just thought she was working for some corporation trying to maneuver for a government contract.

I honestly love that little details to characters and character relationships like that. It's all well done but I wish the writers had fleshed out the technology and culture of the colonies a bit more, I don't mind technobabble at all.

I never realised they used the actual actors! Typically it would just be stand-ins. That's awesome for amateur detectives.

>GOAT soundtrack, bar none.

That isn't LOST.

>Tom Zarek
Criminally underused character, I was rooting for him all the way.

RIP, Best Apollo.

Blu-rays? You can pick up the season box sets on DVD at CEX for about £3 each now. No joke. Hard to find the miniseries though.

huh, never heard about it. It looks pretty cool though but it genuinely looks less interesting than that BSG mod for Homeworld 2

it looks like a completely missed opportunity that you can't jump into and take control of a random Viper in the middle of a fight

So,uh...what's deadlock?
Is it a new bag show/movie?

vidya set in the cylon wars

his bit about how fucked up their labor force is and how they need to retool everyone in the fleet for new jobs really got me

Roslin was a custodian not a President

The lack of technobabble is what makes the show good. Infinitely better than DS9 or Stargate Universe (which are the two most similar shows).

There's a lot more worldbuilding in the show than you may think, it just isnt highlighted or is in the background. Freeze frame things! Plus even more details are in Caprica.

Nevermind,just found out.
ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohnboy

A straight answer?
On Sup Forums?

New RTS game set in the first Cylon War 40 years before the miniseries events. It's all canon too.

It's happening

>shows himself to be a competent XO
>is passed over for XO of Pegasus and ultimately CO

this was some serious bullshit. Re-watching the series and it shocked me how much of a spoiled little bitch Lee Adama is. Also bugged me how few recurring tertiary characters there are and how small the cast of secondary characters were. Not SAAB-tier but close

at least we can finally find out what officially Colonial support ships look like. It's been almost fifteen years (of the reimagined series) of people coming up with them and giving them dorky names

Yeah they kind of seemed to write his character out, which actually paid off big time during the coup because you can imagine how much he hated being pushed aside because of Adama favoring his son

>Episode
The Hub

>Character
Tyrol

>Character
Dr. Cottle

>Track
Shape of Things to Come, especially the piano version: youtube.com/watch?v=C_giRlA-U90

>Ship
Raptors, pic related.

Struck me when Lee meets the CAG of Pegasus and invokes his father almost immediately. Was totally unnecessary. Plus cucking Billy

Makes sense I just wish they gave him more of a presence, you see so few of the senior officers on the ships

I've just been reading that apparently the game devs went directly to NBC and the origibal showrunners to help with the designs of the ships and the extra lore of the 12 colonies. The designs look pretty fucking great too! Especially for the new, massive Cerberus class carriers.

>>Character
>Dr. Cottle

>Would you mind not smoking in here?

Legend. And I'd agree with Tyrol too, but only pre-Cylon, he turned into a little bitch after that.

Good point.

I'll probably get the game

I've been writing background and lore for the series as a hobby for the last few years. Will be neat to see new material to work with

Has really solid reviews on Steam (85%+). You can tell it was a game aimed directly at BSG fans.

That sounds really interesting by the way. What sort of details have you focused on? I always wanted to know more about Caprican/colonial society and the prior civil wars and political status/structure.

I just wish Caprica hadn't been cancelled to be honest.

>tfw no cally gf

Seeing them go on the offensive like this was so fucking cool and satisfying.

Linguistics, history, and culture of the various peoples and planets. It's part of an AU where the series up until right before the New Caprica stuff takes place at the same time as modern Earth. Don't know if I'll ever quite get around to writing a full story of it outside of summaries of episodes but I've enjoyed all the notes I've written.

it's gotten pretty autistic at points but I've had a lot of fun with it. Funny that no one else will probably see my notes in their entirety

All the fight scenes in BSG are cool as fuck, I even really like the shakycam style, despite it probably only being there to hide how bad the CGI is sometimes.

The distance is perfect too, normally sci-fi shows are far too close combat, like Star Trek.

>your wife and her son

was cute sometimes, was disinteresting others

all the female pilots were hot as fuck though

Dude don't worry. I used to have a massive obsession with physically drawing hyper-detailed maps of fictional cities/states in an eagle-eye view. All on A4 paper with black biro pens, stitched together. I did this for years and years. I developed my own style and methodology for drawing various types of object. They have interconnected infrastructure, neighbourhoods, subway and highway systems and regions have their own internal history (street names, parks, geographical elements etc). I even considered dams and water supply alongside other facilities for residents scale.

I enjoyed every second of it even though only a handful of people have seen them. Very peaceful to create. The autism is very real.

Biggest problem about Star Trek's space battles is the framing. They inevitably look static and always go the same way (disable shields, disable weapons, disable warp drive, blow up monitors, photon torpedoes at nacelles = dead).

Might be a holdover of the submarine-warfare design of battles from TOS/TNG.

Stargate Universe stole BSG's entire aesthetic 1:1 and it worked there too so you know it's good.

I still haven't re-watched it completely since the finale, I always stop short because I remember how disappointing it was.

Yet I can re-watch LOST completely and actually forgive it's finale because most of my anger towards it was silly and unfounded, but Battlestar's ending has little redeeming qualities, it's just a complete mess of wasted potential and terrible writing decisions. That end sequence and then the montage are forever seared into my brain, so fucking dumb.

I seriously can't even begin to describe how disappointing it was to watch that shit live as a massive BSG fan at the time.

>tfw nothing in the series surpassed this moment

battlestars >>>> basestars. It's said in one ep that one battlestar is equal to 2 basestars.

Cylons weren't as ahead technologically as either side thought. Why they had to be so underhanded

I don't worry about it. It's just funny that I've spent a lot of time on it and don't show it to people yet they can tell I'm doing something else.

I'm also writing an unrelated series of novellas that I show to my gf and friends

>I still haven't re-watched it completely since the finale, I always stop short because I remember how disappointing it was.
There can be only one response to such evil maddness:

youtube.com/watch?v=yS6m6NM_Md0

If the series didn't have the Final Five and gave a real explanation for all the god stuff it would have been 10/10

Needs more webum

Wow, so there's like 1 or 2 good moments out of a two part finale that stinks of shit.

I'm pretty good friends with pic related who was in the series for a few eps

Cylons capabilities confused me, as robots they could've exponentially expanded since the end of the first war. Yet ultimately seem to have fewer or comparable Basestars than the Colonial Fleet has Battlestars. Then the civil war and blowing up the homeworld-thing miraculously decimates their fleet and production capabilities, seemed like a massive cop out in writing

really liked his character for some reason. What's he like?

maybe, outside of portraying a hopeless and bleak situation really well the last season was pretty bad writing wise to the point that the finale really wasn't bad in a vacuum. It was the end cap of a weak season

>gave a real explanation for all the god stuff
What more needed explaining? God manipulated events to try and stop the cycle of 'man creates machine that kills its maker that makes machines that kills its maker' by hybridising them, and used a couple of angels to mindfuck some pivotal people into getting it done (Balthar, Six and Laura).

I enjoyed the ending. But LOST had a kino ending. On that note Fringe was excellent too.

On my first rewatch since 2009 and i've just finished S2. It's fucking great.

>really liked his character for some reason. What's he like?

big bro. is a jockchad who likes to do gay shit. we play magic the gathering.

Do you live in Vancouver? You meet so many sci-fi actors if you're there long enough it's crazy.

Expansion requires resources
given they were in control of no major planets it's not unreasonable they were actually running out of resources by the time they launched the war, and the way they ended it would have rendered the resource gathering capacity of the planets quite low for the forseeable future

>we play magic the gathering.

I had magic cards but never learned to play the game right, always just liked collecting them. Once played a round with a friend's older cousins and didn't understand a thing

does he ever talk about BSG? like it? I know he was also in a goofy urban fantasy series too

Wasn't it implied that the Cylons were deliberately blockading resource-rich planets for water/minerals from the colonials? In seasons 1&2 anyway.

The Cylons' biggest advantage was resurrection. They didn't have to retrain fighters or lose intel because of death. They could adapt and evolve constantly.

honestly getting rid of shields was the best damn decision that could have possibly been made

turns out people don't really care if your ships survive because of a magic shield or magic supermetal, but the latter opens up vastly more tactical choices which can then be exploited

they had better jump technology and their side of the treaty seemed to give them a much greater area of space than the colonies to exploit

which is why for the series to make sense, they'd have needed some heavy resource restrictions
all the resurrection in the world isn't going to help if you can't physically build the ships

For the most part the story was great - the whole idea of superstitious robots looking for meaning was nice. But then miracles started fucking happening, with zero explanation. And on top you had to suffer through fucking Starbuck being a fucking sack of shit 15 minutes of every episode. I swear this series had some of the worst characters in the history of television.

Fuck.

I agree. In space shows where it's done well, removing magic shields and other cheap number-based plot devices like warp drive/speed boosters from the equation is a great move.

In shows where it is NOT done well (i'm looking at you, ENTERPRISE) the magic supermetal plating might aswell be a magic energy shield (one hit = hull plating at 73%!)

Fucking lame.

>But then miracles started fucking happening, with zero explanation.

that's what a miracle is though. The original series had even more direct religious overtones too

they had a whole universe to explore basically, but all of it virgin
meanwhile the colonies had massive amounts of infrastructure already present
for the first century of 2 of it's colonization, all of north america combined was worth less than some individual european cities, despite said continent containing vastly more resources than western europe, even if we only consider the resources a 16th century civilization could exploit

eventually the Cylons could have gotten their production capacity way ahead of the Humans, but doing so would have required dedicating entirely to developing their area of space, which in turn would have reduced their capacity to maintain a fleet and would have left them vulnerable to a potential colonial attack

they knew it and they instead chose to dedicate themselves to a single genocide attempt

yeah but the series was both trying to explain why all these things were happening while also throwing a bunch of completely unexplainable things in. in the end it turned neither religious nor logical, just a mess of both.

like god had been plotting together with the final five to do half of their job for them.

The miracles/prophecies/religious allegories where intrinsic to the show.

Also the worst characters in a sci-fi show ever? Hyperbole much. That honour goes to crap like SeaQuest DSV, Continuum and Sanctuary.

what's also interesting about BSG is that, while they did crazy things, it was never handwaved.
With any of the Star Trek ships you could usually rest asure that whatever problem they had would be fixed by the end of the episode, probably with some brilliant last minute solution before the reactor went critical.

Not so with the Galactica: she took a beating often, but every single time she did, she came out of it worse and the show decided to embrace it. We got to see the maintenance personnel try their best to keep her going (it's telling that they made the chief one of the main characters).
And course as we all know, by the end of the show she was on her last legs and eventually broke them.

Sure you could say that they managed to do this because it was a plot driven series so an ending was expected and as a result they could actually afford to have her fail, but it also makes for better drama.

The phrase you're looking for is RESOURCE DEPLETION. Absolutely crucial to the believability of a SURVIVAL show. It's why Voyager and some story arcs of Stargate Atlantis were so terrible. Consequences of mistakes and sinpe restrictions like finite ammunition or power supply simply didn't exist.