Tolkien btfo

Tolkien btfo.

Christ, Americans are dumb.

>amerifats in charge of understanding literature

This is actually a very interesting question, what WAS Aragorn's tax policy?

God I hate that fat fuck.

His fame got way WAY into his head.

Also, Aragorn probably did murder the fuck out of every last orc because they were twisted beings literally formed by the dark magic of Melkor. The actual primordial source of tangible evil in Middle Earth.

>OH NO HOW COULD HE DO A GENOCIDE!!!!11!one

>wtf i love orcs now!
fucking lmao people are big enough cuckolds to watch this garbage

George kinda comes across as a teenage nerd who learned about one thing in medieval history that wasn't shown in games or movies much so he has to bring it up as often as possible.
>call our banners, call our banners, call our banners

Know about as much about Aragorns and Daenarys tax policy btw.

And Tolkien did consider what would happen after, even wrote some about it, but he wouldn't write further stories since they'd just be pessimistic.

>inb4 grrm writes an economical analysis of westerosi rulers since aegons conquest

kill the rich, tax the poor, fuck elves

But Michael Moorcock doesn't like Tolkein and he's an English writer

have they ever talked about tax policy in got

All Orcs fell into the hole at the end of the movie so they're all dead.

>taxposting

how many weeks did this meme survive?

He has cock in his name though

>shitting on Tolkien for not talking about specific details of his world when Tolkien actually created whole alphabets and languages for his world, as well has a complete cosmological system.
wew lad

Well the fat hack is right, but at the same time he also didn't write about king Robert's tax policy.

>GRRM doubting the strength of men through such times
It's because he is a product of decadence himself.

I hope you don't actually believe that.

Now I really want a wonky tedious followup novel about Aragorn's final solution war of genocide against the Orcs. Slaughter the baby orc in the cribs. Complete with massively boring descriptions of tax collection procedures, excruciatingly detailed descriptions of legal punishments and policies, and trivial listings of army regulations and personal complete with detailed biographies of officers and soldiers we never hear from and are mentioned only once. All this punctuated by extreme bouts of ultra violence, rape, incest, debauchery, and genocidal ecstasy.

>taxposting
Gods it was strong back then

Arent orcs born fully grown in the mud like uruk-hai?

Fuck elves, marry poor, kill rich.

he's a retarded communist, what do you expect?

THEY ALL FELL END OF STORY

Do you have proof that's not what happened?

you can literally see that not all of them fall in...

Why is he shitting on Tolkien when the only thing he goes into detail is food?
Tolkien has a much more detailed mythology and even family trees.

GRRM is a massive fan of Tolkien, it's kind of annoying to see some posters assume that he's got some kind of major problem with Tolkien or Tolkien's work. He just wanted to do a more "grounded" high fantasy story.

Orcs were formed from corrupted elves, but I'm not sure how more of them are produced since there don't seem to be any female orcs. Do they just rape humans? If so, wouldn't that eventually lead to an army that's essentially human, since they started with a set number of orcs but humans keep reproducing constantly?

>"grounded" high fantasy story

So, low fantasy?

yeah basicly, like game of thrones actually feels like historical fiction with magic elements

Dragon tax muh lord.As he fat heart is a ticking time bomb of books never being finished.

that may have been something unique to uruk-hai

>muh realism
Realism is for video games and occasionally historical accounts or retellings, and even then only in a minority of cases
'Unrealistic' is as valid a criticism of fiction as 'boring', fucking off yourself if you've ever had that thought process

>Oh, no, did Aragorn pursue GENOCIDE against the demonic hordes of death and destruction? Even the babies?

Appropriate dubs.

>just turn off your brain lmao

These were actually answered in the supplemental material

>tax policy
Simple land tax per farmstead
>did he maintain a standing army
Yes
>did he pursue a policy of genocide against the Orcs
No but he did very strongly enforce the borders of the realms of men against their remnants

thats because he literally just plagarized history and intercut it with shatting

He also borrowed many things from Dune.

The Fellowship were the real villains all along, at last I truly see.

I always thought of low fantasy as a completely normal world that fantastical elements pop up in and interfere with. ASOIAF is a high fantasy world from the outset, with things like The Wall, the Targaryens' dragons, the Faceless Men, they're all accepted as normal parts of the world or at the very least as history. Low fantasy is like Twilight or something.

Sauron just wanted to settle the Orcs in a safe place away from their volcanic wastelands but the racist humans wouldn't let them

>realsim
>Icemen and armies of Zombies
>Giants
>Giant Wolves
>Dragons
>Magic
>Mass Teleportation

powerful, and really made me think

Underrated meme.

I feel bad because i dont know shit about taxes so i couldn't meme well.

Neither can write literature, just storytelling.

>Realism is for video games
started reading here

That quote is just as retarded as this

Our approach to Shelob and a lot of these characters is that they're spirits. They're effectively angels or gods, and they take on different forms depending on what their needs are. Shelob and her mother are these elemental spirits, so she can take on the form of a great spider, because that's absolutely terrifying, but she can also take on other forms, ‘fair forms,’ if she's communicating with Talion or Sauron

Firstly, it's important to understand that de Plater's approach to Shelob comes from an interpretation that she and Gollum are, in fact, the unsung heroes of The Lord of the Rings. Put simply, it's his take that Frodo fails to cast the ring into the fires of Mount Doom at the crucial moment - instead Gollum succeeds where he cannot (albeit tumbling into the fire himself along the way). According to de Plater, that weakness in Frodo was something Shelob sensed, making a pact with Gollum and hastening him on his way to Mount Doom and the final confrontation that saw the ring destroyed. It also goes some way to explaining why Shelob tried to eat Frodo in The Two Towers

Sure he did. It's mentioned numerous times that Robert was a tax and spender who left Westeros with ruinous debt.