What is the most reliable non-restricted firearm for a Canuck?

I don't hunt, so shotguns are an option. What does Sup Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

gunsamerica.com/blog/why-does-everyone-love-the-remington-870/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The four firearms any man should have (or their ecquivalent)
>Glock 19
>Mossberg 550 12g
>Ruger 1022
>Remington 700

Sks

if you kill the enemy they win

>never forget

Nothing wrong with any of these but Americans should first get an AR and AK because they likely won't be around for very long. That's what I did and my list of next guns is exactly what you listed.

Shotgun is the best and safest home defence option

Love tis reditbal

sweden yes. thx man

>buying a firearm in the country with the lowest murder rate on the planet

Fuck off to America and don't come back.

All handguns are RPAL in Canada, and we're not allowed to have either AKs or ARs.

The most reliable semi-auto rifle available to an average citizen for a fair cost is an SKS.

Beyond that, shotguns are probably still the best for home defense.

good luck with the race war

Look into the Ruger Mini-14. Its functionally an AR-15 and fires 5.56 aswell but it has none of the "ermagerd assault weapon" look, unless you want it to.

as a 21 year old student, you think its worth it to get restricted, or more hassle than its worth?

We can just use hockey sticks.

Relax fag I'm leaving in a year, I just want to make it that long

SKS

will do, don't care about the dressing

/k/ shits their pants about the Ruger Mini-14. Allegedly they were poorly made and are rife with issues like jams, poorly bored cylinders, cracking, etc.

And even if you got a decent one, we still have laws that force us to have magazines pinned to 5 rounds. They also start at a minimum of $1000 here, instead of $200-$400 for an SKS.

Unless you really, really want to have a pistol, there's no point. You can never use it for home defense, you have to have paperwork to transfer it to and from your gun range, etc.

do most places really make you leave your guns at the club/range if restricted?

You can get your Restricted license extremely easily, get it with your non restricted. Also rifles (with certain exceptions) are 5 round only, so your best bet would be either a shotgun or a handgun.

its semi-auto rimfire long guns that have no limit on mag capacity if I'm right. Reading about it now. Are these few and far between?

Good enough to kill a bunch of kids at summer camp with. If 5 rounds is all one can get, for self defence a shotgun is the obvious choice. Bird shot. Buck would kill easier but honestly, I'd rather die quickly from buck than die slowly from exsanguination/shock with birdshot. With rifles I still gotta lean towards the boltaction rem700. since it can be used for hunting better.

Hah, I wish they would. It's the other way around.

>apply for RPAL
>many places will make you show that you're a member of a range, because literally no where else to use a restricted gun
>range will force you to take their "range security course" to jew you out of a couple hundred
>finally get RPAL
>buy expensive overpriced gun that's maybe a third of the price in the States because no one buys restricted here
>buy expensive ass transportation case for your handgun so it's locked and safe when you bring it from your house to the range
>make sure you buy your Transfer Permit so the RCMP know where you keep your handgun and where you are bringing it, and to show you have permission to do so (This is getting rolled into the RPAL soon or might have already, I haven't checked in a while)

Now you're finally ready to pay exorbitant range fees to shoot your handgun at targets! And you need to shoot at least 30 rounds a week with a handgun to be any good at it.

IT'S NOT WORTH IT BRUH

If you use a handgun for home defense in Canada you will get fucked inside out and see life in prison, I guarantee. It's because of our reasonable force defense laws. Your handgun is supposed to be locked in a safe, separate from the ammunition.

Any prosecutor worth his salt is going to bring up that despite being in fear for your life (home invasion, assault, whatever), you chose to open a safe, get a gun, open the ammo storage, retrieve the ammo, load the gun, and THEN go confront your would be assailant. They have you dead for mens rea and will fuck you raw in court. You're supposed to be a good little cuck and call the police or run away, or both.

Rimfire is trash. Don't waste your time. Might as well throw knives at them.

jesus fuckin christ. This cucked country. If a nog comes at me I don't wanna be stuck solving Rubik's gun case

remingtion 870

gunsamerica.com/blog/why-does-everyone-love-the-remington-870/

We're allowed to have AR15's, they're restricted though.

You're right, I can't recall a successful home invasion defense with a handgun in which the homeowner didn't go to jail.

There are very few exceptions to this law. Funny thing is if you use a 10 round magazine for use in a handgun and it fits in a rifle, you can legally shoot 10 rounds out of your rifle. People do this with LAR-15 magazines (10 rounds) which fit cleanly into the AR-15.

>/k/ shits their pants about the Ruger Mini-14
Because you can buy two AR15s in America that will function better and have practically infinite aftermarket support for the price of one Mini14.
Even ruger themselves sells a good quality AR for a few hundred dollars less than the mini 14.
As an American there is no reason to buy a mini14 other than aesthetic preference or if you live in the few States where t would be your only alternative because no AR

I've read this is the case. But that nowadays, with regards to legality, they go based off of what the mag was "designed" for.

As a side note, in Alberta, if someone breaks in and I feel my life or my housemates lives are in danger, and I shoot a nog, do I still go to jail? (obviously I'll look it up for myself but I'd like the "word-on-the-street" opinion)

>Its functionally an AR-15

Fucking what? You need to stop posting Sven. Go prep your bull and leave the gun talk to the adults.

SKS for 7.62
Mini-14 for .223

This, 2bh.

Get an SVT-40 to kablat your enemies

Ruger Gunsite Scout. It uses a Mauser action. It's light. You can balance it on your finger. It's short. It has iron sights as per standard. It has ten round magazines which can be loaded while attached to the weapon.

It's everything a surplus bolt action wanted to be.

remember if you kill your enemies they win

We aren't Japan. If you want to be a gunless little faggot, no one will stop you.

M1 Garand
M1A (Norinco M14)
VZ58
SKS

I 2nd this, along with every man owning a muscle car that can tear up the road, along with being able to modify and fix it, think mad max.

Get a crown Victoria (cvpi) from craigslist, even if it's a shit box on wheels you still get a v8, and you get to learn from Google how to fix a broken vehicle, which you will need to know.

fuck i always wanted a crown vic. Mainly to scare the shit outta stoners

You're in luck, it's the moist nugget of cars, at least in the delmarva peninsula. There are a few state troopers who aren't letting theirs go, which I understand, but pretty much everywhere they've upgraded to the Taurus.

Go get you one

Oh shit M1 Garand exempt from 5 rd mag rule! I can get EIGHT in that bitch, EIGHT. That's 3 more dead niggers!!!!

Most probably, honestly if someone breaks into your house and you really want to dispatch the intruder, you'll have to use melee weapons. Shooting someone with a gun inside your own home, regardless of the gun, is just asking for a lengthy trial.

Is killing someone with a 15 inch bowie really any different for my case?

Found the quebec faggot.

Yeah, the moment you open fire you'll have mobs of people with flaming pitchforks ready to crucify you just because you used a gun. And if the intruder doesn't die you'll get sued to high heaven, on top of jail time probably. I'm sure many people will also be jumping at the fact to push for harsher gun laws. Whereas if you just used a knife, bladed instrument, broadsword, zweihandler, etc people generally consider it a piece of metal you can pick up anywhere.

hmm, I understand. I have some relatives in the states that live out in the country. They say if someone is trespassing with intent to do harm, you shoot to kill, and drag the bastard in the house if you have to.

>can't have AR's

except that's wrong asshole

owning a gun for the purpose of home defense is illegal, too

Yeah some states have fantastic castle doctrines, as long as they're in your home you can basically do whatever so long as they don't live to tell the tale of how they just smashed a window and was dragged through it and shot thrice in the head. Case gets wrapped up much faster too, especially if the perp is a troubled youth of basketball american descent.