youtube.com/watch?v=EDKpNTldEKA
youtu.be/jTKiWl1Ppbw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

UK, it's not close.

Never found ricky very funny

"Brent mused.and then replied..."

US, I fucking despise Gervais

people who watch sitcoms should be killed

hard to say, both versions are great. however, michael scott is the best fictional character on television

Was this supposed to change my mind
Look how he reacts in that its just cringey

I feel that people who say the US version is better simply don't understand the UK version

I think the US version is much more an in your face and slapstick kind of comedy whereas the UK version is much more subtle

plus I think you have to live in the UK to really get it, everyone has had or knows someone that has had a boss like david brent

Does Ricky Gervais in UK office have some sort of speech impediment or is that how real life english people talk? I really cannot understand half the words he says

UK

I watched the whole of the UK version never watching the US version.

I have no desire to watch the US version after watching the UK one.

>hasn't watched both
>has the gall to post in my thread
No one gives a damn about your uninformed opinion. Get out

i dont know how you can call the UK version more "subtle"

it relies more on awkward humor and goes vulgar a lot sooner (the giant inflatable dick is not exactly subtle)

the US one becomes extremely caricaturized and slapstick by the end, but the prime isnt really that way, they just ran out of shit to do and flanderized

do you mean you don't understand basic english? it's ok pablo you'll learn how to man the till at the 7/11 soon

He's mumbling and stuttering like a retard the whole series. It's hard for someone with a different dialect to understand.

Its not even a debate

Office UK is the diamond in the rough

Office US is the polished diamond

not really m8 he's speaking normal english

if you can't understand it there must be something wrong with you

God would you people shut the fuck up with this "You just don't understand UK comedy it's so sophisticated and subtle" it really isn't. I've watched the UK version, it's alright but its just a more dull, grey, slow show compared to the us version. Which is perfect for Brits because you tend to be dull and grey. It has nothing to do with lack of comprehension, it's just a cultural divide. I just find British comedy to be boring. It has nothing to do with "not getting it". Hell, look at any British stand-up routine, you'll almost never find any of the audience roaring with laughter, just Mildly bemused chuckles at some anecdote that goes on for too long and ends with a soggy disappointing punchline.

youtube.com/watch?v=1ESHXxInoAs

youtube.com/watch?v=EDKpNTldEKA

classic finchy

oh dear looks like we might have caused a bit of butt hurt x

UK series is actually fun, I hate Ricky Gervais in everything else though

US series, especially after S1 is just sentimental rom-com garbage

it's because we don't laugh our nuts off at the slightest whiff of comedy

we laugh properly when something is properly funny

UK, but Gervais is an annoying cunt
Character and irl, go listen to all the XFM radio shows

Peep Show's office bits especially S1-3 are a better The Office than either

de-bait me

youtu.be/jTKiWl1Ppbw

ah yes

american comedy

never watched either so i don't care

Can't, Peep Show is just better in every way
Including a unique and uncopyable direction format

The Office filming format has been done to death at this point and the only good version of that style are UK office, and Trailer Park Boys

Why are you here?

Daft cunt yanks clapped and whooped at an eclipse a few weeks back, so using the "audience roaring with laughter" line isn't really a good barometer of any show's quality.

They're different shows really. UK office was fairly novel for doing the 'mockumentary' thing with a deadpan office with just two weird characters, with the interest being (i) The interplay with these characters and everyone else and (ii) Tim's life/relationship with Dawn, the fact he hates his job and ultimately acts out because he's so frustrated and miserable.

The US office was almost immediately a sitcom. Everyone's a bit quirky and odd to varying degrees (with Jim and Pam being the more normal). There's no real victory arc for Jim because he's already good looking, confident and successful.

Ultimately UK office was better because it told a story and got out (shitty Gervais cash-in movies notwithstanding), whereas the US one did what so many US shows do and drag itself out to became a self-parody.

US, and thats coming from a bong.

Gervais is a cunt. Granted the US one went on about 5 series too far

Brits cant handle the banter
Agree with u

for the (you) thanks user

>The US office was almost immediately a sitcom.

starting in season 2

season 1 was played way more straight and jim was more pathetic. he has success with the purse girl but he's still getting megacucked by roy

Yeah Jim was unsuccessful with Pam, but also slamming purse girl who was really hot. Tim had real moments of frustration that Jim didn't get. He always seemed like a winner with one-itis. Tim lived with his parents.

Plebs: US
Patricians: UK

UK. US basically turned into a cartoon after they were adapted all the material they could.

despite literally being the same formula, strangely they are too different to compare.
UK office was supposed to be relatable for anyone in the UK who's worked in an office, and most of the humour comes from having once had a boss like brent, colleagues vaguely like tim and gareth etc

The UK, but the US one is one of the comfiest shows I have to rewatch

Except after season 5 (the entire second half) which is trash

No it was to tell you you're a gaylord.

this triggers the yanks

Both for different reasons.

UK had Gervaise acting a fool & had loads of heart.

US had funnier characters aside from David Brent.