Holy shit what a shitty movie

Holy shit what a shitty movie
>movie completely shits itself during the last 30 minutes
>ending is a LITERAL deus ex machina

Why the fuck does this shit have such a cult following and why the fuck is everyone so hyped for the remake?

Why the fuck does this shit have such a cult following and why the fuck is everyone so hyped for the remake?

Nostalgia

For Tim Curry

cue the new IT copypasta...

Yeah it's pretty gay now but it blew your mind watching it in the 90s as a kid.

Even back then though I thought the ending was retarded. It does give me nostalgia though especially the music at the very end.

This is the only answer. It doesnt have a cult following, tim curry does and he was the only reason to watch the mini series.

Creepy clowns are pretty much universally reviled and there havnt been many evil clown horror movies (surprisingly)

The new it looks like it might be good so people are hyped

I always think of Curry as the Lord of Darkness, which is a better performance and a more iconic villain, in my opinion. I'm too young to have watched It when it aired, but so is all of Sup Forums. so I don't understand the Curry circlejerk.

>muppet treasure island
>RHPS
>Clue
>fern gully
>the worst witch
>the pebble and penguin

And thats off the top of my head, hes always entertaining as fuck even if the movie hes in isnt awesome.

Stan was a boy scout. As an adult, they should have made him a tough military dude. Green beret or something. Then when he killed himself, it would have driven home the thought "man, that guy was a badass who probably saw horrible things, and IT terrified him. How scary is IT, then?"

What is this cinematic stare trying to convey?

not freaky enough for ya?

Why have you seen all that garbage?

>Clue
>Shit

Sorry gotta pick one or the other there buddy.

2ndpbp

It doesn't have a cult following. People have nostalgia for the Pennywise scenes. The reason people are hyped about the new one is because it seems like it's going to be good. Despite what Sup Forums thinks of Stephen King the book could make for a good movie and the new one seems to be closer to the book.

Most of Sup Forums likes the novel. It's got everything an edgelord could possibly want.

>doesn't have a cult following

My mom won't stop talking about the remake

Pennywise was popular but the movie never had a cult following. Compared to Nightmare on Elm Street or Halloween it doesn't have shit.

Well i was a kid for some of them and RHPS is entertaining as it is nonsensical. Besides the worst witch, all of those are completely watchable if youre not taking them too seriously. And again, tim curry is the reason to watch them.

Oh and i know youre not shitting on muppet treasure island. Because that would make you a stupid faggot.

JUST FUCKIN TELL ME WHEN THEY HAD THE SEX ORGY

NEVER EVER. These movies don't do any fun sex stuff outside of Bev's dad being a maniac.

Nobody is hyped for the remake only people who pretend to remember this one but haven't actually seen it.
Mediocre at best

OP here - I didn't see the movie yet, but its what I imagine it will be like.

His name was Tim Curry.

There is no remake. There's another adaptation of America's most famous epic.

6th grade gang bang

the new IT film will fix all this

It was a different time.

>I thought It had a shitty Deus Ex Machina ending
>Then I read The Stand
Holy shit. Literal glowing hand of god magically appears at the last wecond and saves the day by setting off a nuclear bomb. King is a big fan of using themes of god/fate controlling everything to mask his shit writing.