Howard Stern:

Howard Stern:
>three shows a week when he's not on vacation
>he's on vacation half of the time
>washed up old bastard
>total sellout, he has become what he used to make fun of
>kisses the ass of every talentless, flavor of the month, hack celebrity who walks in
>mean, and not fun to listen to
>the reason a SiriusXM subscription has to be $20 a month

Jim Norton and Sam Roberts:
>five shows a week
>when they go off the air for a week, it's because Jim Norton is on a comedy tour
>super comfy interviews with extremely likable and interesting people
>they actually respect the people who work for them
>they seem like they'd be great to hang out with in real life

There's only one morning show worth listening to.

how about talk radio is for spunks and it's dead of dying look at sirius xm stock. your about to lmao at what their markets caps used to be compared to now.

I don't find Jim Norton funny and stopped listening to Howard Stern ages ago. Still, Howard Stern invented the culture that Jim Norton is trying to propagate. Yup, Jim Norton is a straight-up Howard Stern descendant. So, you can hype Jim Norton all you like -- even if I personally can't stand him, I guess he has fans -- but he's a disciple and not the master.

Jim Norton will never be the master.

But Jim is the one I prefer to listen to. I didn't listen to Stern or Opie and Anthony in the "golden eras" but I can tell you that Jim Norton, at least right now, is not a shock jock. He and Sam just come across as really nice guys who enjoy talking to guests. Stern is always angry. He's a good interviewer though, but Jim and Sam get better guests.

>Howard Stern invented the culture that Jim Norton is trying to propagate.
Hoo hoo, I invented radio, Robin. That mic you're talkin' into... I invented that. Comedy... I invented that too.

>but I can tell you that Jim Norton, at least right now, is not a shock jock.
Jim was never a shock jock. He was always a sweet, little cherubish boy.

>I'M THE KING OF ALL MEDIA!

You're not even the king of radio. Rush has been on that throne for a long time.

Jim Norton fans, apparently, are also not very funny. It's okay though, you can like what you enjoy. NOT FUNNY THOUGH

>$20 a month
>For radio
What in the fuck.

They offer cheaper subscriptions for fewer channels, but for the whole package, it's $20 a month. And of the three main packages, the most expensive one is the only one that includes Stern. I think the channel with Jim and Sam is included in the package that's five bucks cheaper, but that doesn't include streaming, and I gotta be able to listen online.

But also, I've heard they're like a cable company. Call them once in a while and threaten to cancel, and they'll give you a discount.

Who's the lesbian on the right?

HOO HOO ROBIN

why did people like stern?
he was always a fucking hack

>ITS NAHT FUNNEH

Jimmy is one of the only genuinely funny living humans. He is also a quintessential, undeniable, /ourguy/.

He isn't funny and he isn't my guy, though, of course, you're free to appreciate him

Fuck that whole miserable, whiny boomer NYC radio station asshole scene.

All those guys are a bunch of irrelevant, unfunny, mean spirited, washed up cunts 20 years past their prime that care more about drama and money than being funny.

I mostly agree, but Jim and Sam aren't mean spirited at all. They're pretty nice. And Craig Ferguson has a radio show now during drive time, and it's super comfy. It's not all bad.

Your post suggests you only know the genre through age old clips.

This is the sort of response you receive when you criticise L. Ron Hubbard to a Scientologist

>HOW DO THESE PODCASTERS THINK THEY'RE EVER GONNA GET ON THE RADIO WHEN THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO DO COMMERCIAL OUTS
>IT'S ALL ABOUT BEING ON "THE RADIO" GUYS, WHO CARES THAT PODCASTS ARE FREE AND THAT YOU CAN PAUSE THEM WHENEVER YOU WANT
>PEOPLE SHOULD ONLY BE ALLOWED TO HEAR YOU IF YOU GO THE TRADITIONAL RADIO ROUTE AND HAVE SOME CORPORATE GATEKEEPER SAY YOUR OPINION IS WORTH HEARING
>MILLIONS OF PODCAST DOWNLOADS DONT MATTER BEACUSE ITS ALL A BUNCH OF INTERNET NERDS AND ITS NOT REAL BECAUSE THEY ARENT ON "THE RADIO"
>THIS SATELLITE RADIO THING IS THE FUTURE AND IS TOTALLY NOT SOLELY SUBSCRIBED TO BY BOOMERS THAT DON'T KNOW PODCASTS EXIST

are J&S paying you are is this an unpaid internship?

are you okay?

Fine weirdo, I'll give you more detail.

>Whiny boomer NYC radio station asshole scene
I assume you mean at least, Stern and O&A. The sheer amount of time spent not being miserable or whining on both shows is monumental compared to the tone yo are referring to.

>Irrelevant
Compared to what? Definitely more irrelevant than their prime.

>unfunny
For O&A, but some of the greatest comics of our time have hours of content on their show. I think its ok to say you are objectively wrong.

Sterns has had every single person considered funny in your lifetime on the show, and some really good bits. Again objectively wrong.

>mean spirited
lel

>washed up
Relatively, I guess. That's like saying Daniel Day Lewis is washed up, because he isn't doing shit anymore.

>care more about drama and money
Howard still makes bank. Cumia does it for fun. Neither is combative at all anymore.

Chip's gotta fuckin pod-a-cast
You FUCK!

Every time I hear one of those guys on a podcast or something I can't stand them

They're just so damn BITCHY and catty about everything, literally everything bothers them. They're aggressive assholes to eveyone and wonder why they have beef with so many people.

God I hate their stupid NYC "tough guy" schtick where they talk a bunch of shit and then always back down when it threatens their money. They always say some retarded polotical shit and never stand behind their opinions about it and try to weasel and backpedal out of it.

Their anecdotes seem to involve some random retard on the street being retarded and then they escalate it and get triggered and let it ruin their week instead of walking away. What a bunch of miserable fucks, they only think about boring, surface level negative shit.

Sorry I'm not New York enough to "get it". Bellyaching and being le angry ignorant alcoholic depressed 50 something is not entertaining to me.

People on Sup Forums seem to like them because they have Sup Forums lite political opinions and they just learned the term "SJW" last week and give their hot takes on idiot rando internet feminists that the ret of the world ignores.