Why

Why.

"not asian" doesn't mean "white", polsworth

Same reason all the other Asian characters were recast as white. Also, his performance had to be the best part of the film.

*breaths in*
HAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHA

this movie is so edgy
ITS REALLY GOOD!!!

We at yo momma's house!

Easily the better actor of the movie, after Dafoe.

He was the best part of this shitty movie

I thought he was alright.

It's not a shitty movie you asshurt weaboo.

tyrone is really mad

I'm not an anime faggot but doesn't Light pretend to be L later on? How does he do that when one is a big nog and the other is white?

Nigger washing

L should not be an angry nigger fampai
Running to catch Light was so fucking out of character

This film just uses the core elements but totally diverges into its own story. Ryuk is more sadistic, Light is less of a sociopath that wants to stop with the Desthnote shit when he's faced with killing cops, it's pretty good if you don't try to compare it to the anime.

t. contrarian babby

He's a great actor but the movie was fucking garbage.

Better question..why was light replaced by an ugly Jew cuck????

I actually agree with this, dude wasn't bad.

Caat them.

I'm sure they cut that all out. In the anime no one ever saw L's face. From the trailer of this movie it looked like he was standing on the steps of the courthouse speaking to crowd wearing his BLM mask.

Not in the universe of this story. If you're mad it's not like the anime, watch the Japanese live action films. Seriously, this film is like the first Silent Hill film. It borrows key plot points and ideas but it does it's own thing. Stop bitching that it's not like the original story when it very clearly isn't trying to be.

Near - Jaden Smith
Mello - Zendaya Coleman
Mikami - Idris Elba

>it's pretty good if you don't try to compare it to the anime.

Pretty much.

I enjoyed the movie. Probably because I never watched the anime/read the manga/seen the other adaptation.

>it's pretty good if you don't try to compare it to the anime.

It really isn't though. It's contrived the whole way through and has countless plotholes. It's a terrible movie even on its own.

This.

Example of plotholes please?

he did a good job, and was probably the best performance in the movie. manbaby Sup Forums racists can't handle black people in movies without having hissie fits

It still sucks.

Why the fuck does he squat in chairs like a turbo autist?

because the character is a turbo autist

false flag

Because the key character traits of L is that he IS a turbo autist crime solver.

imagine preteding to like one of the shittiest movies this decade just to le spite /po/

>If I take that off will you die?

weaboos eat up anime shit no matter what

a surprising amount of normal black people eat up anime/capeship/vidyashit when it has a black mc

they're getting that nigger money.

He never mentioned Rogue One or The Force Awakens though.

it was a 6/10, it wasn't horrible. it's just that Sup Forums doesn't give a fuck about the protagonist being horribly miscast, and instead go for L because KANGZ

was less responding to the OP and more to the mega autists that spam KANGZ whenever this movie is bought up

Light was written to be a wuz.

>protagosnist was horribly miscast
>somehow L wasnt
what logic is this

in the other adaptations of death note, light was a smart handsome college boi, in this he's an angry beta school shooter dropout

Because L, despite being played by a nigger, acted pretty much like the character from the manga and anime, and made the whole autistic thing believable somewhat.

Meanwhile Light in the movie have nothing in common with the character.

i think the L casting wasn't good, but light was way worse in comparison. i think the actor for L did a good job, but he doesn't look nearly weird enough

script =/= casting dumb redditor

>itt: trying too hard is good acting

Well, it's for an american audience and american protagonists usually are portrayed as the underdogs, the outsiders, the losers that eventually get to rise to the top. It's the whole american dream of anyone being able to make their own luck.

yeah, that's fair enough desu

Death has to be the most retarded western remake in history.
Horrible script and every main actor terribly miscast.
I wonder what goes wrong with Netflix, and if they're trying to bankrupt the company on purpose.

Blacks have a higher tendency to be turbo weeks than whites. All black guys I know grew up watching Inuyasha and DBZ, 6 of them are weeb as fuck. My white friends, I've got like 2. So seeing a black guy being autistic with a Japanese handler speaking Japanese and being a weirdo seems more natural to me than if a white guy was in the same exact role.

this has to be the worst excuse for a miscast in the history of excuses

>turbo weebs

It's only miscast because you don't like forced diversity though. I thought he was fitting. Also bear in mind he was an orphan in a weird experiment to produce genius kids, and Watari took him under his wing and then took him to Japan. The character of L could've been any race under the sun, and you're just pissed because that race isn't white like everyone else in the film.

>its only miscast because he doesnt look like the source material at all
fuck off back to /got/

ooga booga

All movies have to have at least one black main character now or they get shut down by the diversity police.
Interestingly this only applies to black people. Nobody cares if you don't have any mexicans, asians, or arabs.
And for every ginger you have, you have to have an extra black person. Which is why they always replace gingers first.

A black person can play a white character and that's OK.

A white person tries to play a character of color and the universe implodes.

Why?

Why was the movie so fucking awful? The only person that was correctly cast was Willem Dafoe

Sup Forums becomes so fucking cancerous when it comes to defending niggers miscast. I've only seen one thread about this shitty movie on Sup Forums for the whole time and it didn't even reach the limit. It's not some Sup Forums-psyop if people are dissatisfied with a nigger playing L of all things.

All the characters were miscast then because none of them are fucking Japanese. Watari is literally the only accurate portrayal by your logic. This is an Americanized adaptation. Black people aren't a weird thing to see over here. God forbid at least one black guy snuck into your favorite manga when America got it's hands on it.

almost every character in this movie was a white person playing asian characters, and nobody screeched about it

How is it possible for one man to be so dank?

Watari wasn't Japanese in the show or the manga, so he's miscast as well.

The fact that it's solely because he's a nigger and not because his performance was bad or anything is what makes you a retarded though. This nigger easily gave the best performance of you actually watched the film, bud.

is this nigger washing???

>Everybody says the movie is shit
>only people saying its decent are saying it because they like the black guy even tho hes the worst miscast in the movie
you just like the shitty movie because you can self insert, keep on ruining movies tho

Misa was the worst casted and worst written.

L and Ryuk are the best things about the film

Oh well. It's almost like it's it's own thing and not to be scrutinized for not following the manga.

>man did a normal job in the worst movie to come out in years
>GIVE HIM AN OSCAR HES BLACK

Best Part of movie, I never watched the cartoon but he is my favourite character in this adaption.

I think most people criticize it cause it's shit, not cause it deviated race wise.

The reason why the show was great, it's cause L and Light were two geniuses that competed with one another. It was really fun to see them outsmart one another.

Where were the mind games in this movie? The only plan that actually happened was the autist Light Turner wrote what he wanted to happen in the Death Note and it came true.

this. he was actually great in it

What? Ryuk was butchered hard. Instead of being neutral he was an evil chaos god who goaded Light into murder. He even wanted to kill Light because he didn't murder enough and always wanted Light to hand the notebook to someone who wanted to murder even more.

Why?

All I ever said was his performance was good. Way to project your disdain for blacks and people who are fine with them some more.
>everyone
>multiple people it saying it was an alright flick and L and Ryuk were the better parts of it
>I'm projecting

I thought the L guy did good. He's black but he did a good performance so I'm not seething at the mouth like you guys. And Ryuk was my favorite, L was my second. Fuck outta here.

Netflix is so incompetent in their casting it's practically comedy.
I can't wait for the Witcher.

He was actually pretty good, until they made him spaz out at Light's house. That was totally uncharacteristic.

>Anime: Hmm... I am 7% sure that Light Yagami is Kira. No matter how small the lead we must follow it.

>Movie: AYO YO BITCH ASS SON IS KIRA CANT YOU SEE CUH? TEAR THIS SHIT UP

Yes, Ryuk wasn't completely like the Manga/Anime adaptation, but he was still the most entertaining thing about the film next to L, Ryuk stole every scene he was in.

I actually preferred a normie getting the book though. Your argument is all up to taste. The fact that Light was losing his shit and everything was falling down around him was interesting to see. Also, they had so little time to get the plot moving I doubt they could had mind games like you suggest without sacrificing other key scenes. Light did act smart, with his Watari plan, and his final scheme to save his life/clear his name. Again, from the perspective of a only slightly smarter than normal teen.

>Ryuk is literally Green Goblin
EBIN SIMBLY EBIN

It was already shit with westeners being cast. The nigger was just adding insult to injury.

Unironically this.

I don't see the reason why Ryuk was in this movie, he didn't do anything except provoke Light to murder which Mia already did. In the anime Ryuk explains the notebook to Light and is an extension of the audience where he just wants to be entertained and leads Light to doing that, not murder for sake of murder. Better role for him.

Except there were plenty of "western" people already in the manga and the show.

In my opinion, the notebook is Ryuks, and he is still a death good, but he is something skin to Discord and the goldnen apple, and he gets off to chaos and destruction. It's implied that he clearly has been giving the notebook to people prior to Light, and he isn't anything special. Just another malleable human for Ryuk to have fun with.

Not him, but i can think of a couple.

>light panics when finding out his name was written in the notebook and doesnt just burn the page himself
>light writes that mia would take the notebook, despite wanting to use it as a test of her love. It made no sense

Then there is the smaller shit that arent plotholes but were poor choices.

>Light does everything but say 'im kira' during his encounter with L
>"Lord Kira" random save
>lights dad finds out and is apparently ok with it
>'ambiguous' ending in case it does well enough for a sequel

Light was just as bad.

So you like shit, then?

He was good when he was acting like L.

I don't know what the fuck happened in the second half.

Westwashing must stop

L and Light both love their father figures a fuckton, Light flips his shit on Mia for even suggesting killing his dad. Meanwhile Watari fucking disappears and L can only assume he's dead or going to die. Of course he was going to flip because Light made that shit personal and he needed to stop him before Watari was found dead. How is the weight of this situation too hard for you to understand?

>Except there were plenty of "western" people already in the manga and the show.

And they were evidently the worst part of it. Should have given the director a hint.

I literally refuse to believe that anyone that isn't racist and watched the movie would have a bigger problem with L's casting than with Light's.

Why is his nose a sphere?

The nose knows.

Was there a reason as to why black L was dressed as a goth ninja from 2013?

>Light flips his shit on Mia for even suggesting killing his dad.
>flips his shit

Betaboy said please don't do that and completely forgave her when the succubus said I love you

Mia was showing to be a better use of the book than Light, Ryuk's disdain for his being a pussy only made this more apparent. Ryuk was probably planning to give her the book when Light gave it up.

There was absolutely nothing special about his performance.

AHAHAHA THIS IS LIGHT TURNER

>acted pretty much like the character from the manga and anime

Maybe for the first half. In the second half he was nothing like the anime or manga character.

Light and Misa were horribly done as well.

>L acted like the character from the manga and anime
humm lets see
>L in the manga.
wait not gonna bother explaining how this nigger acts like a whiny little bitch all the time
WE WUZ DETECIVZ and SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

>There was absolutely nothing special about his performance.
It didn't have to be for him to still have easily to best one in the film.