Pool
Darts
Vidya
Target shooting/archery
Fishing

>thinking man
>sports

Lynching

American football is watching chess masters duel with mandingo pieces.

Both savage and calculated.

'tis for gentlemen and scholars.

Competitive Smash.

>Vidya
>Sport

Professional wrestling

Competitive bull prepping

Competitive Hearthstone

Cricket

Baseball. Because he can think about something else 99% of the time he's watching.

It's this. Gridiron is the ultimate sport, so much deeper than that bullshit game of soccer.

Shitposting

ice hockey

youtube.com/watch?v=kK5TQSKmS3o

Sex

I like that nobody said basketball. What shitstain excuse for a sport.

>be freakishly tall
>jump
>put ball in hoop
>repeat 86748396543 times
>ooga booga

War.

>manlet who can't hoop

agreed

ape hoop is fucking retarded

good answer

anal sex

brazilian jiu jitsu

Martial arts like Judo/Karate/Taekwondo/Jiujitsu
Shooting sports

>implying basketball is the only sport where certain physical traits are extremely advantageous

Fucking retard

where are the mongol finns giving me (yous) for hokei

It used to be a gentlemans sport, it hasn't been that for like 20+ years
It's a good sport but i wouldn't call what it nowadays is, a "thinking mans sport"

also all the finns are asleep, its 5 am

curling

[spoiler]Just think it through.[/spoiler]

I like Chess Boxing but what I'd really like to see is MMA Go.

really makes me ponder

A few of my personal favorites...

>Target shooting (mathematics, physics, mechanical engineering, intuition)
>Archery (same)
>Equestrian sports (psychology, veterenary medicine, animal biology, philosophy, kinesiology, physics, intuition)
>hunting (same as target shooting/Archery, but with ethics...a good practice of patience and spatial/situational awareness...it is impossible to hunt without thinking critically and staying alert)
>fishing (see hunting)
>swimming/running/rowing/weightlifting/any repetitive cardio (honestly just gives you a fuck load of time to think while exercising)
>not really a sport but scuba diving, hiking, or any sort of solo/small group exploration activity is absolutely fantastic for the mind

NFL/NCAA football is the most complex sporting event. Interrupted as opposed to continuous-play means you can get set in different formations before every play, where you can then audible or make pre snap reads and adjustments, then you have all the post snap reads.

There's a reason why in every other sport besides football, the coaches are just strolling on the sidelines etc.- perhaps they make roster decisions and do some macro game planning, but in football you have 20 different coaches with head sets, signal cards playbooks, near live replays, grease boards, etc. all frantically trying to get information to the field and micromanage each of the unique positions before every single play. Thousands of different plays hundreds of formations etc. I'd consider myself a lifelong student of the game, and there are still some finer areas I am clueless on. It really has a chess-like aspect to it.

Having said that, if you are looking for mental stimulation, play chess or poker. Sports aren't really for that.

Also - forgot to mention martial arts and fighting sports. Great for learning human psychology under pressure and kinesiology.

>NFL/NCAA football is the most complex sporting event.

>this is what mart sharters believe

Rape

Automobile racing, specifically when u are your own crew chief.

I was gonna say this but it's not a sport

Which one of the glorified exercises you call "sports" would you suggest is the most mentally stimulating?

I disagree, I think it's even more so of a gentlemens sport now days.

It's a great combination of skill/agility/toughness/grit/intelligence

Have you ever seen an NFL rulebook m8?
Its not kicking a poverty ball around for 90min

PONZI SCHEMES

Chess.

Browsing Sup Forums really makes me think, also.

Ooooookay bud. You're really reaching there.

>most players just run into the guy in front of him every play
>i guarentee you those big old nogs aint doing a hell of a lot of thinking just "I hit em really hard like you said coach"
>man to man coverage is endemic to football but not so in many other sports
>the large number of coaches is more because teams have absurd amounts of money
>thousands of different plays is an incredible stretch, most plays result in an incomplete pass... wow such strategy at work!
>the field of play is incredibly simplistic, just a 100 yard field

This thread is for sports which require thinking above athleticism, I'm sorry but you're just brainwashed

FRISBEE GOLF

>American football is watching chess masters duel with mandingo pieces.

That is the most beautifully accurate description of football that I've ever read.

football

>darts

more like the drinking man's sport

>fishing
>implying it's not a degenerate cruel practice carried about by cowards

>What is the thinking man's sport
The American public

/thread

it's pretty good fun m8

There are three sports

Mountain Climbing
Motor Racing
Bullfighting

Everything else is a game.

(attributed to Hemmingway)

Protip: Formula 1 drivers the most physically perfect professional athletes. Can run marathons without additional training or prep work.

Sustained heartrate at 180bpm for 90 straight minutes. Lose several kg of water weight in a 90 minute race. Do it again in 2 weeks.

All the while, they are keeping a car sliding at 200mph on the road; they are having a radio conversation with their crew; they are working out in their heads what the other drivers ahead and behind them are doing.

It is like playing chess while being subjected to 3-6Gs of shifting load at all times.

Chess is not a sport. It's a game.

This is good b8. Much like chess, football operates in interrupted sequences, which allows for each side to position themselves and respond to their opponents positioning strategically. The most important part of the play occurs before it even begins. Meaning it's not just third-world backyard sport. Continuous play = minimal opportunities for strategy. Soccer is a glorified game of chase the man with the ball continuously for over an hour. I could explain soccer to someone who had never heard of it in 15 minutes. I couldn't explain the fine points of one particular offensive scheme in NFL if I had a month long course to do so. Every play, every position, is calculated.

The nigs are conducted by their leaders on the field and their positional coaches. They may not be geniuses but they have literally spent their entire lives learning these schemes, and in many cases, it's the only thing they actually do know. The finer strategic aspects of the game are handled by coaches and some key players however. They are just pieces (to be positioned) that can execute a task.

i'd say chess or something. If you mean a sport that involves the body then i don't really know. most likely it is something that involves being alone. Maybe rock climbing or something like that.

but really it depends on the person.

F1 has been shit for at least 3+ years now, with all the retarded rules added

Clearly have never played the sport

F1 (Finland 1oses again lol) is the best sport ever invented.

F1 drivers are pansies compared to NASCAR drivers. You need to manhandle a stock car. F1 the car is designed to be easily derivable. The handling is perfectly responsive.

Stock car racing > purpose built racing every single time

>brush off one persons opinion as bait
>go on and say the same level of retarded shit about another sport

Football (not Handeggball) has a plethora of strategic plays aswell, but compared to handeggball, the player actually have to figure out on their own which one to use.

Granted, handeggball might be more sophisticated due to the fact that the have more pre-planned options due to the games nature, but I'd argue that this doesn't contribute to being a thinking mans sport, except for the coach, the QB and maybe 1-2 others. The basic nature of everything being pre-planned plays is that it contradicts to "thinking".

This kraut is correct. All you handegg fags can say is >muh chess game

Sport is meant to resemble the hunt, which means continuous thinking. You must be on your wits at all times. Being able to think in spaced out segments is easy. I would say that continuous action actually requires more thinking.

Jerking off. Or code golf.

>but compared to handeggball, the player actually have to figure out on their own which one to use.
>what is an audible

eurocucks always manage to make fools out of themselves when the subject of superior ameican football is brought up

A

I guess it says alot about each of our side of the arguments that I reflected on both sports, gave them both credit while you resort to calling others "cucks", which is funnily enough the most meaningless word on any board nowadays.

Have a good night

ch-checked

Muslim shitposting. Just ignore and move on

Starcraft 2 now that Brood war is a dead game

>NASCAR
nice b8 m8

they still play brood war
tastosis has even casted it on gsl for the past month or two as well

standup jetski racing

youtube.com/watch?v=Lz5Im7qr1og

lankletts not allowed

Let's put it this way- if Mexican dirt children can play the game correctly with four garbage cans and a stick to draw lines on the ground- it's not a truly modern game. Soccer is the lowest common denominator. You may as well just go do some bare-ass wrestling like the ancient Greeks, or go see who can throw big rocks further or something.

Ah I see, you're of "that" kind.

So by that logic, if I draw two lines opposite of each other as TD zones and two Chicago slum kiddos run around with a deflated handegg, that means American Football is shit?

You can break any sport down to some idiotic primal form, that's why those sports are so popular - kids can just pick em up and play them everywhere.

basketball, fighting sports, anything that has a strong 1v1 component.

No not at all, that's a common back yard game called "kill the man with the ball." Or as known elsewhere- Rugby.

Point taken, there are back yard versions of all sports, but soccer is particularly simplistic. There's not much difference between the backyard "pickup" game and the real deal. It's literally the most barebones sport you can imagine strategically. The simplistic nature of the game is evidenced by its popularity amongst the world's most poor and backwards nations.

You are basically playing Pong, and we are playing Stronghold Crusader.

Biggest issue with soccer is that there are too many players and the pitch is too big, in your average game there is not much on the fly strategy. This is why indoor soccer is much more interesting to watch.

I'd strongly argue against the claim that professional football is basically the same as kid's pickup game, but oh well, I doubt I'll find a common ground with you, since you honestly seem pretty determined to see your preferred sport as the better one.

How can there be too many player whilst the pitch is too big?

he said thinking man's sport, not brain dead man's sport.

poker
you can sit there and clean out someone's savings account without ever having to hack them

too hard for a single player to regularly move the ball from one end to another due to the size of the pitch and because there are too defenders

>Fishing
>Cruel
>Practices by cowards

How many gallons of semen do you ingest daily?

sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/08/130808123719.htm