when does this get good? dropped it halfway the first episode

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6YTCfMyVx9M
youtube.com/watch?v=MT-7LCRpPVQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It doesn't , literal reddit garbage

>AYO SHEEEIT WE DINDU NUFFIN ITZ DA WHITE MAN BE KEEPIN US DOWN

stick to quipshit, brainlet

It's very reddit. It's the second most reddit show after Breaking Bad. Stick with Sopranos instead.

Dropped this on episode 4

You dropped Sopranos? The best TV-show of all times? Ok, maybe you should stay on reddit then.

The wire is the 1# pleb filter show ever made

git da fuggoutta hei!

>it's a police show with actual police work what the fuck is this, this isn't entertainment this shit is boring what the fuck REEE WHY ISN'T ONE PERSON SINGLE HANDEDLY SOLVING A CASE EVERY EPISODE

retards go and stay go

I've only seen a few episodes of this show but I have no idea how anyone could make the argument that it's "reddit." I can see how Rick and Morty is Reddit embodied but how is the Wire even remotely reddit? Can someone explain this to me?

It isn't - it's plebs who can't handle a show that doesn't have explosions every 10 seconds so resort to calling it reddit because it's popular - at least it is to people with functioning brains

The Wire is still the benchmark for TV

Patricians only.

It's a well-made show but pretty overrated. Season three gets fucking ridiculous, season four is boring, didn't make season 5.

We aren't talking about GoT dude

If this isn't bait and you truly think this you are an idiot.

Sure, it shows some of the social dynamics which force decent people to use violence/commit crimes, but the series is filled with unromanticized. dumb, cruel and hypocritical (black) characters. It shows black corrupt politicians. It paints a white cop who accidently shoots a black cop as a sympathetic idiot who explicitly isn't motivated by muh racism, it shows police violence from all cops, whatever their color.

Unless you consider everything that isn't stormfront-tier to be Reddit, you are full of shit.

the show makes way too many excuses for nigger behavior

This

How much of a brainlet would you have to be to actually watch the show and still believe this is the case?

How bad can this board get before they start banning the Sup Forums simps

>don't watch Wireddit
>watch Sopreddit instead

>implying anyone living in the jungle that is baltimore's inner city slums has even a remote chance of being a well adjusted human

Those kids that the one black cop tried to work with through the school program didn't even know how to order food without screaming like a retard.

S1 and S2 are some of the finest things ever put on film, but later seasons were mediocre.

The way S1 and S2 weave one story of one city and its citizens is amazing.

YO OMAR COMIN OMAR COMIN

dude criminals are people too lmao

Breaking Bad: Reddit
The Wire: Kino

yfw Sup Forums has ruined this board

a lot of people i've spoken to about the wire couldn't watch past a few episodes but then came back to it and started to enjoy it

sticking with it is your best bet

>one of, if not the greatest Sup Forums shows of all time
>can't be discussed on Sup Forums because it has black people in it

I wish Sup Forums would start the mod policy it had in 2005-2008 which was to ban people who responded to trolls.

How does one acquire ADHD? I hear you get drugs for free

Sup Forums has destroyed the whole internet by now. I want to go back to WinMX, AOL promo discs and playing Diablo 1 over dial up. It was a simpler time

What shows aren't reddit? Is the walking dead reddit?

>my wireddit is better than your breaking reddit

It was bait.
M
Kill yourself.

quarry and the knick are not reddit

All shows are reddit, television is a reddit medium. Being proud of watching and following a show is reddit and it is what has led us to the state we are in today, both real world and here on Sup Forums. Look at all the Dr Who and Game of Thrones and Walking Dead and Sopranos threads. Its reddit and it has to go.

You're reddit

This post is reddit

all tv shows are reddit, and you are calling me reddit because you know this. you go on reddit to discuss these shows, that's why you feel the need to attempt to insult me when I have insulted the media you consume and the situation the media you consume has brought us in.

>i don't like this
>therefore it's reddit

>discussing tv shows is reddit
>discussing tv shows has ruined Sup Forums
>we should go back to the good old days of discussing carrots and cheese on Sup Forums - before the blight of reddit came to this board created for the discussion of television shows

nigger propaganda

Not necessarily a bad show, but it's as reddit-y as they come. Stick to Breaking Bad if you want something cool.

>Sup Forums elected trump
>Sup Forums is the primary cause of the soon to happen race war in america

The lesson to be learned here is that you don't underestimate a bunch of fat virgins on internet forums

kill urself

*blocks your path*

it should just be movies discussed, because that is an art form. Now we are filled with movies the emulate tv-shows such as capeshit and other reddit movies.

>social dynamics
what that means?

I don't really care about American politics. I just wanna discuss certain movies and shows without the thread being derailed by drooling retards who think they can't get a woman because of black people

Would you?

the show is great but it would be better if the criminals would get more screentime than the police, and fuck the newspaper shit

Just HOW reasonable was he really?

this chick is a legit criminal, with jailtime and all that jazz

no way in hell

I think I knew Snoop was a girl somewhere during season 4, when someone used "her" to refer to her.
Tbf I don't think I remember any attractive black woman from the show aside from the girl used as bait to lure Marlo.

This kid knows how to party

questions like that keep me awake at night

I really enjoyed the show except for the last season. It's been so long so I don't exactly remember why I was disappointed by it but one thing I guess was that McNulty and the older black cop just went "FUCK IT" and did some pretty insane out of character shit that would have meant jailtime for both if it didn't work out. After all those seasons with regular human behaviour in both the cops and the criminals, seeing this "oh shit we gotta wrap things up" attitude by the writers and making the cast do unnatural shit was pretty disappointing

>y-you see, the actual city itself is a main character!

>The Wire is reddit
>reddit reddit reddit reddit reddit
I hate what Sup Forums has become.

I would've liked to see Marlo get spic'd

You know that if she dress like a woman, put make up and act like a cute girl YOU WOULD.

She has a pussy and tits behind the t.shirt you know.
I would love to see the transformation.

Ok now?

There's a Funny or Die skit where she puts on a dress I think. The Wire The Musical I think

looks like one of my traps I usually fap to. Would work I guess

Nah, there's only one picture of her in Google where she looks remotely fuckable, and it's artificial as fuck.

Life is reddit, smell the life

youtube.com/watch?v=6YTCfMyVx9M

youtube.com/watch?v=MT-7LCRpPVQ
Because it is you brainlet.

How did Madame LaRue manage to help Cole save the case? Why didn't all the cops just go to her?
I thought the show was supposed to be authentic but these sorts of plot holes just wind me up so I dropped the show

Very since he realized fucking men is superior to putting up with women

Wait, that's a girl?

I've heard that people always say to him
'Bill Rawls - you are a reasonable fucking guy'

Did they mean he's a reasonable fucker of guys?

w..what?

This post is bait right?

Right?

>M

What does that mean?

How do I find a cute trap that doesn't end up having a deeper voice than me?

I mean storylines that support the notion that criminals are formed by their surroundings, which at its worst is treated by 'liberals' as if that means that criminals are actually victims and misunderstood souls and deep down are angels and potential rocket scientists, and is treated by 'conservatives' as pussy excuses for absolutely evil and irredeemable born sinners who would have always been evil no matter the external influences.

Reality, in this case, lies somewhat in the middle, which The Wire shows better than enything I've ever seen. The surroundings do matter, but people still act very different in comparable circumstances. The failures of institutions and how they squash the individual is the larger theme of The Wire.

The stereotypical Sup Forums poster might see The Wire as if it were defending the simplistic SJW liberal version of socialization, while it's much more complex than that (e.g. whitey suffers from the same institutional obstacles as blacks do and there is a white supremacist conspiracy to keep the kangs down).

*there isn't a white supremacist conspiracy

Goddamnit.

So much this, one of the few shows to pull this off and at the same time keeps the viewer engaged with the characters. A must see for every regular /tv visitor.

When someone calls a show "reddit", it simply means that they heard about it, tried watching an episode, didn't understand it/have the patience for it and so then they assume that it's popularity was a meme, and therefore spread via reddit.

The Wire could not be further from this. It is truly among the most well written TV shows (or film, for that matter). Much like The Sopranos is a reason that it comes up again and again, all these years later. It isn't an easy show to get I to either, I wasn't very entertained for the first few episodes but stuck with it, by the halfway to two thirds mark you are hooked, and the show more than pays off for this investment. I've seen the whole thing twice, and it was great both times. There's reason they have had college courses on this show.

>There's reason they have had college courses on this show.
Yes, the low level of the college education.

the wire has some good memes and bane guy, but it really is unwatchable

Literally the opposite

The dindu tries to become a whiteman and fails miserably. The other dindu looks at him like an idiot

Game of Thrones is geek culture oriented kiddie shit like capes.

Sopranos is Sup Forums though. Been established for a long time bud.

lol no. I watched all the seasons of The Wire and still thinks it's reddit. Watch all of Breaking Bad and Rick and Morty too. It's still reddit.

they have a course on this show in harvard

I agree. I remember a leftie asking me if I read The Miserables, and thinking about it, it also predicates along the same lines as The Wire.
You have Valjean and Thenardier. Both are in very dire and similar situations, but even if they are both changed by their environment, one is virtuous and the other is sinful, which goes to show that environment is neither irrelevant nor inescapably deterministic.

It's great from the start. A little slow? Sure, but that doesn't mean it's bad.

Maybe I'm used to slow shows now, but I finished it a few days ago and it didn't seem slow at any point.

People always bitch about how The Wire's nothing happens the show and it's first season was a bit slower than the rest, but the build up was worth it and I never felt bored with the show throughout all seasons.

fuck harvard

never made i past episode 3. what a shitty show.

Thanks for your insightfull critique, come again!

most reddit show is stranger things though also westworld

Its a great show. If you really can't appreciate it then I honestly feel bad for you. Try watching it without looking at your phone to shitpost

It's shite op, don't bother.

Do cops make dolls furniture while they are at work? Sounds so realistic yeah.

>he doesn't give a show 3 episodes to git gud