New Report Once Again Points To THE BATMAN Being A Standalone Movie Minus Ben Affleck

>Talking about Warner Bros.' plans for future DC Comics adaptations, the trade says they will "have non-traditional takes on the heroes and villains of DC" and "War for the Planet of the Apes director Matt Reeves is developing a Batman stand alone that, according to sources, will not star Ben Affleck, who plays the caped crusader in the DC Universe movies."

>(Warners and Affleck have denied he is being replaced). The plan is to launch a separate label for these projects to distinguish them from the rest of the DC films. (Warners executives are acutely aware of the risks of audience confusion.)

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/leonardo-dicaprio-joker-movie-warner-bros-wants-actor-role-1034392

WB have gone full JUST

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.Sup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

New report 2 days from now
>BEN AFFLECK SAYS HE WILL PLAY BATMAN IN MATT REEVES NEW TRILOGY

Are Sup Forums posters retarded enough to believe literally any bullshit clickbait article posted in shitty sites?

B-B-BUT MY DC CAPEKINO

DCEU Batman was dead on arrival. He was a huge retard who kills people and where the fuck do you go once Batman is going toe to toe with Superman? How the fuck is Solomon Grundy going to be a challenge?

boards.Sup Forums.org/tv/thread/ you sure do love your clickbait site huh?

Meanwhile all this was confirmed fake news by Reeves on twitter but I get you need those rupees OP. Keep posting, we'll play along

(((sources))) vs. Reeves himself. Okay. sage

>according to "sources", will not star Ben Affleck
>Warners and Affleck have denied he is being replaced

This is totally news you guys

this is a discussion board dipshit. nobody has to believe it to report on it. obviously this is a smear campaign

>>(Warners and Affleck have denied he is being replaced)
Now someone please convince me this isn't a smear campaign paid by Disney after Wonder Woman cucked them out of the summer. I'll wait

another day another news article proving DC is a massive fucking failure

how have the 3 retarded DC fans not killed themselves yet?

JUST

Like it was a conspiracy when he said he would direct it but now he won't, or when he said he'd write it but now he won't?

We'll have to deal with this bullshit everyday until Ben kills himself.

>The plan is to launch a separate label for these projects to distinguish them from the rest of the DC films.
absolutely fucking savage

Oh my life. What sad bar steward made that?

>MUH FAKE NEWS
god you're pathetic

>The DCEU is so bad that even WB wants to separate themselves from it

>separate themselves from a guaranteed money making franchise where the worst one made 700 plus without china

retards literally say this shit and mean it too when the last 3 flicks made great cash

No, like this being confirmed fake news and you guys being Indian shills paid to spam it

>according to sources
you mean disney's anti-dc team?

You're speaking to a brick wall. Ben Affleck realizing too late that directing The Batman would be too stressful gives these shitposters all the ammo they need to forever deny everything Ben Affleck, Matt Reeves, etc says.

You don't understand how these properties are financed, user. The was supposed to be a cash in on a 60-70+ year property that would establish a 2 decade cash cow, but instead, they got a short term cash in that now everyone laughs about.

post yfw Fatfleck dies in a drunken car accident

>autism

Why does he have the skintone of Donald Trump

>greentexting

>short term

>aquaman almost done filming
>WW2 guaranteed
>Shazamn gearing up
>Batgirl, Nightwing, SS2, GCS, Mad Love, Flashpoint, GL Corps

tell me more dumbass

Who fucking spends these days on these retarded as rumors that never go anywhere? It's so transparent and retarded every time. Give it a rest shills. The DCEU is here to stay and the MCU is facing diminishing returns. Blame your overlord Kevin Feige for refusing to write new scripts.

HEs not wrong you know

Yes, they are making those, but those aren't guaranteed hits like they were hoping. BvS did not get people excited for those properties. They are basically having to start over and try to convince people to go see their movies. Wonder Woman has been the only character to do that. I don't think you understand how I was using the terms "short term" and "long term" in the context of success or failure for this Studio, user.

The DCEU made 1 billion more than Marvel in the first Phase of their respective franchise. Warner Bros had their second best year result in 2016 thanks to the DCEU

BvS didn't hurt the franchise, the next movie in the DCEU was a massive hit, making 750M without China.

Suicide Squad didn't hurt the franchise either, the next movie in the DCEU, a solo movie about a character introduced in BvS no less, has made 810M and it's going to pass Civil War in the United States by the end of next week

Affleck is tied by contract, he can't leave even if he wanted to. Considering he has nothing else going on and that he could go full Johnny Depp, it's unlikely he wants to quit DC at all

An oversaturated market is bad for Disney. We meme a lot but a year ago everybody thought GotG2 and Homecoming would break a billion. Both made less than BvS

George Soros is a major investor in Disney and wasted million on Hillary's campaign too, while Steven Mnuchin, BvS producer, works now for Trump's administration. Even Wonder Woman was financed by the Koch brothers. Ike Perlmutter, the only right wing person in Marvel, was kicked out of the MCU and now he's embarrassing himself with an Inhumans tv show

These are the facts, just so we put these fake news on perspective

>ben affleck signed a 3 film contract bvs justice leauge and the solo batman film
Keep hating mcucks after justice leauge comes out youre gonna have to eat those words like with wonder woman

my motherfucking nigga

Also according to sources, Affleck won't direct either. But Warner and Affleck have corrected the record, he will. Oh, wait, that was months ago and those sources turned out to be true.

Thor Ragnarok will make more money than JUST League. It will have a higher critic score too. Eat shit and die.

Josh Trank's Fantastic Four is a great movie, there's even going to be a Fantastic Four vs. XMEN! Must be true because the people with a vested interest in it being successful and don't want you to know that it was a fucking behind the scenes disaster said so!

Continue user, you definitely dont sound like a retard...

>movies that came out a decade later made more money

woah dude shocking stuff

call us when a DCEU movie actually breaks a billion lmao

>Thor Ragnarok
the desillusion is strong with this one

see then proceed to fuck off

>that never go anywhere?
Suicide Squad was edited by a trailer company because Warner thought it was a disaster (just like was "rumored") and Affleck was literally talking shit about how he wants to leave the project on the talk show circuit before it was announced he wasn't directing (just like was "rumored")
The denial is on the same tier as the Ghostbusters leaks

Fake news
Ben is definitely still in the DCEU but he's going to play Batgirl

>Affleck was literally talking shit about how he wants to leave the project
Source on this? I swear to god almighty if it's some "insider source" bullshit...

The user below you was courteous enough to BTFO of you. you should thank him

Yeah sure it will no ones even talking about it on Sup Forums facebook instagram or any other media outlet
Plus i dont see kids dressing up as the characters of thor 3

>The DCEU made 1 billion more than Marvel in the first Phase of their respective franchise.
What is their "first phase"? How is that delineated?
>BvS didn't hurt the franchise
BvS is widely regarded as a poorly made film. It was also Warner Bros. Ace they had. A batman versus superman film had been in the works for decades. It was a guaranteed money-maker. They made back some money, but it was a critical failure. When you lose audience enthusiasm for a property, it diminishes future returns for sequels/spin-offs.
>Suicide Squad didn't hurt the franchise either,
Another critical failure with the added weight of big stars that don't want to be locked down by 10 more years of middling films.
>a solo movie about a character introduced in BvS no less, has made 810M
Wonder Woman is the exception that WB should be paying attention to. It succeeded by not being chained down to the "universe building" and just made a standalone entertaining film.
>Affleck is tied by contract, he can't leave even if he wanted to.
Affleck has been trying to get a directing career going for years now. He is a guy who wants to become a prestigious film Director. Maybe the idea of playing an iconic character energized him, but now that he's been so keen to take a full hands-off approach to the role, he may be trying to find a way out. He isn't getting any younger either.
>An oversaturated market is bad for Disney.
This is true.
>George Soros is a major investor in Disney and wasted million on Hillary's campaign too, while Steven Mnuchin, BvS producer, works now for Trump's administration. Even Wonder Woman was financed by the Koch brothers. Ike Perlmutter, the only right wing person in Marvel, was kicked out of the MCU and now he's embarrassing himself with an Inhumans tv show
All that this says is that corporate execs are now more than ever in charge of creative decisions in film studios and they wonder why their properties keep failing.

>Evansposter
Is there a faster way to spot a mentally ill mouseshill?

affleck was talking about batman for decades, even agreed to Daredevil as it was as close to playing batman as he could get
and now he can finally play his favorite comic hero and you think hes looking for a way out?
he will never get out

>When you lose audience enthusiasm for a property, it diminishes future returns for sequels/spin-offs.

But that didn't happened, since Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman were financially successful.

He has also been a directing guy. Read his reviews. Follow his career. He got into the industry as a writer. He's always wanted to be a director, and he can be. The industry wants him to be their next big actor-director type.

>Joss Whedon at Marvel
>Amazing, powerful feminist director

>Joss Whedon at DC
>A full blown creepy rapist almost on the level of Bill Cosby (who also didn't do anything)

Really makes you think, doesn't it?

Good aflek was terrible and so was joker. Axe him as well. Axe Harley while you're at it.

I feel like Disney knew about Whedon shenanigans for a long time and was waiting to use his ex-wife as a weapon against him if he ever crossed over to the competition.

Critical success is just as important when you are trying to build a brand. You start out with small narrowly focused character films that can deliver a simple, satisfying story to an audience and then build from there. This is what all the other studios are failing to realize is the key to Marvel's success. Yes, you'll make money by making a movie with an established character like Batman or the Joker, but audiences won't keep coming back if the movies are just okay and are lacking in story or content. I'm not saying Marvel makes great movies. Most of them are pretty shallow and silly, but they have the formula down pat. They started with simple movies so that the audience would invest in the characters and then started doing the big ensemble event movies after.

>What is their "first phase"? How is that delineated?
All the movies leading up to an ensemble movie. Casually, or maybe DC is following Marvel's model, it's 4 movies each
>BvS is widely regarded as a poorly made film. It was also Warner Bros. Ace they had. A batman versus superman film had been in the works for decades. It was a guaranteed money-maker. They made back some money, but it was a critical failure. When you lose audience enthusiasm for a property, it diminishes future returns for sequels/spin-offs.
Batman&Robin hurt Batman as a franchise, and we know this because Begins, years later, didn't do all that great. Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman came after BvS and I mean shortly after, and they are both massive box office hits. Both of them have sequels in the works too. BvS didn't hurt the franchise because the franchise isn't hurt at all, according to the actual numbers
>Another critical failure with the added weight of big stars that don't want to be locked down by 10 more years of middling films.
According to some fake news I read before, Leto was very mad about WB considering other people to play the Joker. The guy has been hinting Joker stuff on social media ever since Suicide Squad was released. Will Smith and Margot Robbie seem to be happy about it too. I don't know what unhappy stars you mean
>Wonder Woman is the exception that WB should be paying attention to. It succeeded by not being chained down to the "universe building" and just made a standalone entertaining film.
But Wonder Woman was introduced in BvS, that movie everyone hated according to you. You can make the argument that Suicide Squad wasn't all that connected but not with Wonder Woman.

Lose enthusiasm yet they were cultural hits?

You are a fucking idiot. Stop posting. It's been showing the whole thread

The fact is that the DCEU movies haven't brought diminished returns yet. So anything is mere speculation.

Apparently it really isn't important since they are still banking. The brand is built moron. It's rolling whether you like it or not.

Transformers have been critical nightmares since 2. Hasn't stopped them. Won't stop this either but pls continue with your delusion

I'm talking about building a franchise. The franchise that WB is trying to build hasn't been built yet. I'm saying they already hurt their franchises' potential by doing a short term version of brand building. They are using their iconic characters to sell the movies rather than the movies themselves. If their goal is to have the next MCU then they've already failed, in my opinion.

This is getting pathetic. Literally none of the garbage you are spewing has shown for DCEU. And your mouseshill is starting to show

>4 successful movies in with at least 7 on the way
>franchise isnt built yet

Want to know how I figured you were retarded?

>I'm saying they already hurt their franchises' potential by doing a short term version of brand building.

How?

So a transformers-esque shitshow of a franchise for DC characters would be preferable to you over a good quality DC franchise if it meant it was profitable?

I havent even read this thread but look at this post. How delusional are you. WB is unhappy, affleck is unhappy, leto is unhappy, BvS was a failure. Not everything is money, people aren't hyped about these movies.

If scorsese or leo will accept DC's offer, they're literally retarded.

Why'd they leave gal gadot but change everyone else?

>Affleck has been trying to get a directing career going for years now. He is a guy who wants to become a prestigious film Director. Maybe the idea of playing an iconic character energized him, but now that he's been so keen to take a full hands-off approach to the role, he may be trying to find a way out. He isn't getting any younger either.
His director career is pretty fucked after Live by Night, that kind of bomb shuts a lot of doors. He has a directing project with fucking Sony, last I hear. He probably don't want to be the Batman for ten more years because he's pretty old but he's going to be in the Batman and saying otherwise is just fake news and not knowing how Hollywood contracts work
>All that this says is that corporate execs are now more than ever in charge of creative decisions in film studios and they wonder why their properties keep failing.
They are in Disney, that's why they hire yes men from tv shows and no one says shit. DC is trying to attract big names to capeshit and that's why they're having such a hard time. Remember these guys have the HBO so they could have the best tv directors in the world if they wanted them. Tim Van Patten, Jeremy Podeswa, Allen Coulter... All those guys are better directors than the fucking Russos by a country mile. That's not the route they wanted to take

>dat gyno

The Universal Dark Universe has a bunch of films on the way as well. That's modern studio franchise shit. That doesn't indicate success.

Your opinion is the epitome of rubbish since everything you stated hasn't proven to be true by the mere success of each succeeding film. Just baseless conjecture and MCU praise. It's rather sad. Keep this up and you'll be the laughing stock of the thread

>Not everything is money, people aren't hyped about these movies.

But it is, and they are.

They've built their franchise on a foundation of big ensemble event films. You have nothing to build up to now.

Success is the goal moron. Guess what profit means?

Transformers has shown steady decreasing returns over the years while DC is showing increasing returns. Not the same case, bud

I haven't praise the MCU once, but I guess in order for it to feel like you're "winning" on the internet you have to frame it into some bullshit consolewar debate. Stop quipping in every post, it's actually embarrassing.

No, you no what does? Their track record of successful films. Dark Universe bombed from the jump. Terrible comparison. And the post you are responding to is a response to DC having short term plans when their film plans stretch over many yrs. Keep up before looking silly

>You have nothing to build up to now.

Not if you've big name producers, directors and actors in your movies. People will come flocking to see the movies based on that alone.

That shit is going to get scrapped while WB's problems with DCEU is how to make MORE DC movies, not less

>His director career is pretty fucked after Live by Night, that kind of bomb shuts a lot of doors. He has a directing project with fucking Sony, last I hear. He probably don't want to be the Batman for ten more years because he's pretty old but he's going to be in the Batman and saying otherwise is just fake news and not knowing how Hollywood contracts work
He could get out of that contract if he wanted. He's a big enough name. I honestly don't think he will, but I think that as long as he is under contract Batman's (or his Batman's) role will diminish. His career is in directing though. That's where his heart is. I don't see him stepping away from that ever.
>They are in Disney, that's why they hire yes men from tv shows and no one says shit. DC is trying to attract big names to capeshit and that's why they're having such a hard time. Remember these guys have the HBO so they could have the best tv directors in the world if they wanted them. Tim Van Patten, Jeremy Podeswa, Allen Coulter... All those guys are better directors than the fucking Russos by a country mile. That's not the route they wanted to take
All the studios are fucked. WB's head is a fucking former Toy executive. I have very little hope in the US film industry. And the guys in HBO are not the best directors in the world by a long shot. It shows how fucking embarrassing the state of American filmmaking is when you hold those guys up in such high esteem.

Shitty films?

You've literally been getting shit on this whole thread. Now you call others a joke? That DCEU is in trouble and not a built franchise yet? When everything has been proven otherwise? Just baseless conjecture? You are delusional

Are you like some studio exec or some shit? Why are you acting like that would be interesting to you as a viewer? I'm just arguing for better DC films. The current ones are shit, success or no.

Ben Affleck won't leave the role of Batman, because playing that role means that Warner Brothers will always give him chances and liberty to do whatever project he feel like it at the studio. That's something every actor-slash-director wants.

Specially after Live by Light bombed so hard. He needs that kind of opportunity.

Concession accepted. They are successful no matter how much you whine

Why are you acting like discussing shit on the internet is a big dick game? I just don't get why you keep vehemently defending a really mediocre to shitty series of films.

>Why are you acting like that would be interesting to you as a viewer?

Because it is. Viewers care about big name directors and actors. Specially actors they like.

Go ahead and keep talking shit aquamen comes out next year shazam is in pre production wonder woman 2 is slated to release in 2019 suicide squad 2 has a new really good director slated to start production in fall of 2018 will smith is still deadshot nightwing is gonna get made
Dceu is in full effect you cock suckers also ben affleck is contractually obligated to do the batman solo movie

Not on a critical level, mr. tough guy

Do you go see movies based on who produced it? Big actors? I'm talking about you personally, not "people".

You said it yourself, Hollywood is fucked. Affleck won't have that many chances being 50. Depp is one bomb away from killing himself, Cruise signed up for the Dark Universe thing that looks 100 times worse than the DCEU, Will Smith is arguably bigger than Affleck and walked into the DCEU eyes wide open. Directing is even harder because niche, prestige movies don't make money, most of them are vanity projects. You need to earn those gigs, and capeshit is where you do it. Affleck will be Batman for Reeves first movie and I'd bet he'll be Batman for the entire trilogy he's planning to make

>All the studios are fucked. WB's head is a fucking former Toy executive. I have very little hope in the US film industry. And the guys in HBO are not the best directors in the world by a long shot. It shows how fucking embarrassing the state of American filmmaking is when you hold those guys up in such high esteem.
Best TV directors, as in directors doing tv shows. I'm saying WB could have any of those guys directing committee movies like Disney does (not only with Marvel) but they chose not to

Yes. If a director or actor i respect do a new movie, i give that movie a chance basely sorely on their involvement.

Why are you being so insecure? I hope they are actually good films and not shit like the ones they're following. That's really my concern here. Calm down.

DELETE THIS

You've been sitting on this thread for at least an hour making autistic post after autistic post about autistic corporate shit. You're a hypocrite.

Nigga I've been driving 80 miles to see Jarmusch kino this whole century, most people go see movies because of the people in it

*Jarmusch kino on opening night

>You said it yourself, Hollywood is fucked. Affleck won't have that many chances being 50. Depp is one bomb away from killing himself, Cruise signed up for the Dark Universe thing that looks 100 times worse than the DCEU, Will Smith is arguably bigger than Affleck and walked into the DCEU eyes wide open. Directing is even harder because niche, prestige movies don't make money, most of them are vanity projects. You need to earn those gigs, and capeshit is where you do it. Affleck will be Batman for Reeves first movie and I'd bet he'll be Batman for the entire trilogy he's planning to make

I'm just saying that based on Affleck's career, he will lean towards directing more often than acting (or both if he can). These big superhero films are killing all the good talent in Hollywood by sucking them up into a franchise blackhole. That's why all the good actors are coming from outside the US.

I have little faith in the WB or any American studio having the ability to make a good decision about directors. At least Disney goes fully cynical and just hires puppets to "direct" their films.

Let me preface this by saying I truly believe Affleck will be Batman, Leto will be Joker, and Scorsese will produce.

But where there's smoke there's fire.