So, Sup Forums, we can all agree that the fucker did kill his father and Henry Fonda was just a contrarian, right?

So, Sup Forums, we can all agree that the fucker did kill his father and Henry Fonda was just a contrarian, right?

yes. Fonda should have been kicked off the jury once he broke the jury rules by bringing in outside evidence to sway the other jurors. Its a stupid movie. Great acting though.

>should have been kicked off the jury once he broke the jury rules by bringing in outside evidence to sway the other jurors
This, but unironically

100% this.

Not that it would have mattered in my state. You only need 10 jurors to agree for a conviction in which the death penalty is not being sought.

I don't remember. What evidence?

Yeah he was a bleeding heart liberal faggot.

Hey, he was great in once upon a time in the west

Henry Forda was the murderer.

in a sense he was, because millions of people have watched this movie thinking he's a good guy for saving the man's life. isn't the whole point of the movie how fukked up the jury trial is? fucking fonda bamboozled everybody

The death penalty was being sought though.

There was no outside evidence he brought in.

He didn't bring in any outside evidence

knife similar to that killer used

ITT: Right-wing retards ignore the faults of the modern court system and bash the movie that pointed those flaws out perfectly.

no the point of a jury is deciding whether or not there is enough evidence to convict based upon the charge. There wasn't, just multiple layers of assumptions based upon prejudice

i'm aware of what a jury trial is. maybe i didn't word that well. I'm saying the point of the movie is that the jury trial as a concept is fundamentally flawed.

The point of the movie was that the evidence was inconclusive. You are the contrarian OP you stupid faggot nazi

I think bringing in outside evidence to swing the jury's decision is a pretty big fucking flaw.

You're reading way too much into this.
The movie is meant to show how the american justice system works and it does it flawlessly.
p.s. fuck left wings and libshits

A point of contention was that the prosecution asserted that the knife was super unique or something. Fonda's character wanted to be sure and he found another one just like it.
That nigga damaged the table though

it doesn't matter what side of the political spectrum you fall on; a flip-flopping jury is a pretty strong indication that the system isn't working, no? that's how i've always read the film. doesn't matter what the outcome is; the mere fact that the jury flip-flops is condemnation enough

They took time to think and deliberate and actively partook in the civic system instead of rubber stamping it and going to a baseball game b/c of one dude.

The Racist old guy was literally hitler

It doesn't matter if he did it or not. There was reasonable doubt, and reasonable doubt means you're innocent.

Le,

12 angry white bois

It means you cannot be found guilty.

Not that you aren't guilty, or that you're innocent.

You all missed the whole point of 12 Angry Men entirely.
It doesn't matter is the kid actually guilty or not. The movie just shows that we need the "innocent until proven guilty" system if we want to keep the actual innocent people out of prison as much as possible, with the cost of letting a small number of guilty people free.

Did he do it or not doesn't matter, that's just a plot device for the narrative.

Based on how you're actually supposed to run a jury, there was misconduct within the room.

Based on the movie, yes, there was reasonable doubt.

BUT, being found not-guilty doesn't mean you're innocent, it means the prosecution failed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant committed a crime.

It's called "innocent until proven guilty" for a reason

>it was a vehicle for the plot
What did he mean by this?

Who else shit their pants watching this scene?

the reason is because it reads better than using the word guilty twice.
technically its tediously incorrect.

when are they making twelve angry women?

2/10

They tried that already