But last thread I got 37!

Yes, yes, but some of the replies are quite a bit bigger than last thread

Here's an extra (you)

FINE DAY FRIDAY
WHY IS THAT Sup Forums?

no mods on sunday

No normies on friday

RIGHT YOU ARE user!

Why didn't the "wizards" just cast themselves out of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.
Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.
a-at least the books were good though
"No!" The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."
I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

No blasted normies today!! no sir! not one single bloody normie, not one!!

Dudley's disappointment perfectly mirrors that of anyone forced to endure one of the dullest franchises in history. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>But last thread I got 37!

In a row?!

When can we expect the atlas shrugged thread, watson happa?

I don't care how big they are

Right you are Sup Forums

Nailed it.

Reminder that Dudley was so spoiled that he had a PlayStation in summer 1994, half a year before it was even released.

bretty good opener user

Say what you want about Rowling's writing, I fucking hated the Dursley's guts, they were masterfully crafted. Then of course there was the regular school villains and of course Rita Skeeter.

>I fucking hated the Dursley's guts, they were masterfully crafted.
I liked how they were handled throughout the books and I especially love their farewell to Harry. Vernon never stopped being a dick even at the end, but Dudley seemed to be genuinely upset at a life without Harry, like he couldn't comprehend it. And then Petunia almost turning back and saying something to her sister's orphan, but deciding not to in the end. Always keeps you wondering what she would've said to him.

>Then of course there was the regular school villains and of course Rita Skeeter.
Malfoy and Skeeter was great to hate but Rowling's true masterpiece villain was Umbridge. I don't know if I've ever disliked a villain so deeply.

I'm reading the books now, and I forgot how short they are. Might be the films messing me up but the first and second films for the most part capture the books 1:1.

If I recall it is Azkaban onwards that starts to deviate.

That's true. The first two books especially were quite short so it wasn't hard to adapt them nearly page-by-page. Only thing that springs to mind is that Neville was there when the main trio first discovered Fluffy.

Azkaban was great but they did cut some stuff they could easily have kept it.
It's Goblet of Fire onwards where they started to deviate massively.

Anyone listen to the audio books? I find them extremely relaxing when commuting, during long travels or when in bed just before sleeping
I must've gone through all of them about ten times over the years and I never get tired of them

No baneposts on sunday

>the deleted scene where Dudley was confused as to why Harry wasn't leaving with them
A real human bean

have a free (You)

It's pretty easy to write a character that is perfectly unlikeable to the point of being almost inhuman.

DAMN good thread
outSTANDING work

there's a number of differences in the first movie. who goes to the forbidden forest, who takes them, neville's overall importance and involvement etc.

they just don't feel as messy or glaring as some of the changes later on

I LOVE YOU BASED HARRY POTTER POSTER

I listen to them too for the same reason. It's really comfy and makes the time go by a lot faster. I go for the Stephen Fry version because I hate the Americanized one.

made me lel

good opening line

>stealing me (You)s
:(

Stephen Fry's the one I listen to as well. I've never listened to the American one so I can't judge but I just feel like the series should be read in a British accent, an American accent would probably completely take me out of it.

It was nice to see a side from him that showed that behind the bullying and tormenting, there was an actual human boy. Dudley and Harry did grow up together from birth basically, so suddenly being separated forever isn't something to take lightly.

True, there's a couple things. Sneaking Norbert to the castle roof so Charlie and his colleagues could smuggle him out was cut as well come to think of it. But yeah, they're not huge details or pivotal to the story so it's not as glaring as some of the things they cut out in later films.

The Dudleys were brit to the core, not a big feat to hate them.

>atlas shrugged
>god tier

good man that Dudley

you're still getting 37 this year you whiny cunt

*sees a possible cookie or wafer*

Harry Pottery

Why didn't the Dursleys just put Harry up for adoption?

What about Chamber of Secrets? Can't think of any big differences apart from Nick's Deathday party

We did it reddit, over 37 replies

Dumbledore made the situation pretty clear to them, especially Petunia. Don't forget the super complex protection he put on the house.
Besides, he kept an eye on Harry in various ways and if the Dursleys ever tried to get rid of him he'd have a plan B ready.

Why do so many children's books focus on an orphan who gets treated like shit by his guardians? It's like something straight out of a Roald Dahl book

Almost exactly like something out of a Roald Dahl book.

well done

WHERE WAS PEEVES AT? WHY DID THEY CUT HIM?

He was even in Batlle of Hogwarts.

cutting peeves was one of the biggest mistakes desu

I remember it being shocking that they had Harry sleeping in a cupboard under the stairs, but when I went to the United Kingdom 3 years later I found out they have all their small children living in broom closets and shit.

biggest mistake was killing fred offscreen by the way, and ruining weasly reunion in general

Too bad you fucked up the opening to one of the dullest copypastas in the history of Sup Forums shitposts. Each post following the simpleminded shitposters and his pals from /lit/ as they post assorted shit has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the repetitive image, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of originality and ineffective use of humour, all to make Sup Forums unintelligent, to make posting seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when OP vetoed the idea of killing himself; he made sure the copypasta would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously annoying cross-posting for his boards. The Dullest Franchise series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Navy Seals Copypasta series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the first few posts were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the post was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a Harry Potter thread was posted, instead of contributing the OP wrote that the series was “the dullest franchise”

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that copypasta was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. OP’s mind is so governed by cliches and shit taste that he has no other way of posting. Later I read a lavish, loving response of the copypasta on r/Sup Forums. They wrote something to the effect of, "If anons on Sup Forums are reading this copypasta, then when they get older they will go on to read r/Sup Forums." And they were quite right. They was not being ironic. When you read “Dullest Franchise Copypasta" you are, in fact, trained to post on reddit.