Why are Americans so obsessed with guns?

Why are Americans so obsessed with guns?

Nobody needs a semi automatic weapon.

>Inb4 MUH CONSTITUTION

Nobody cares about you 250 year old paper written by slave holders.

Other urls found in this thread:

usnews.com/news/articles/2013/06/25/study-using-guns-for-defense-leads-to-fewer-injuries
businessweek.com/articles/2012-12-27/how-often-do-we-use-guns-in-self-defense
leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2012a/commsumm.nsf/b4a3962433b52fa787256e5f00670a71/5de089825c00843e872579b80079912d/$FILE/SenState0305AttachB.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Athens_(1946)
cdc.gov/men/lcod/2011/lcod_whitemen2011.pdf
cdc.gov/men/lcod/2011/lcodblackmales2011.pdf
brookings.edu/blog/social-mobility-memos/2015/12/15/guns-and-race-the-different-worlds-of-black-and-white-americans/
ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2014/crime-in-the-u.s.-2014/tables/expanded-homicide-data/expanded_homicide_data_table_6_murder_race_and_sex_of_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2014.xls
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes everyone needs a weapon

there are many bad people out there and the only person responsible for your life is you

when seconds count, the police are minutes away

Nice b8.

Stop being so paranoid, nobody is out to kill you and if your life is in danger you have the police.

>need
>14/88 get wasted

your need noukes!!

>guy breaks into my house with a weapon
>surely he will allow for me to pull out my phone and call 911 and have them arrive in a timely fashion

Kill yourself

>Need

>and if your life is in danger you have the police.

>wow if only we had some way to ensure that the criminal breaking into your house didn't have a weapon. Like a ban or something.

Who is to restrict me from having something I don't need?

You don't need anti discrimination laws yet you still impose them.

Guns are a tool for self defense. If you don't have one, you will be at a disadvantage because your enemy will - because they can

You going to ban baseball bats?

>banning things make them disappear, and guns are the only weapons that burglars use.

nobody needs freedom either.. but I'd prefer to have it.

>criminal
>ban

Why not 'low quality bait'?

pleasetellmeagainhowmakinggunsillegalwillstopacriminalfromhavingone.jpg

Let's just get rid of all the laws than because criminals can circumvent them.

Why do foreigners think americans are so obsessed with guns...and cupholders? Are you guys really that vulnerable to media?

> Implies all laws are the same

>nobody needs a SEMI auto

>ban assault fists and penises
>now he can't attack my wife when she's home alone
Shit, looks like she won't need a gun after all!

>Like a ban or something.
that's why nobody has illegal drugs right?

Move to another country cuckboi

I like guns, they are fun. All I want is a nice FAL to fuck around with but some people cant be trusted so we all need to pay

Cars are needed. Gun aren't.

Okay.

>all the laws
Only the ones that do fuck-all and leave law-abiding citizens at a greater risk since they can't defend themselves

Considering you put cupholders onto every fucking home computer in existence I think that point stands.

If you want assault weapons go to Somalia, Drumpster.

/thread

Why are cars needed? Mass transport exists.

Unless you come up with a magical device that removes all guns. Guns are needed.

>Cars are needed. Gun aren't.
cars don't protect life and liberty, guns do

Most americans are ok with this.

Faggot OP. They're for niggers like you.

Every single country above the USA on this list has a higher firearm homicide rate and stricter gun control than the USA
>inb4 those are third world countries they don't count
Hell, some cities in America resemble third world countries
IE the ones where all the shootings take place by majority black population

Fact of the matter, you're better protected with a gun than without

usnews.com/news/articles/2013/06/25/study-using-guns-for-defense-leads-to-fewer-injuries
>Citing four separate studies between 1988-2004, the assessment from the Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council says crime victims who use guns in self-defense have consistently lower injury rates than victims who use other strategies to protect themselves (other strategies include stalling, calling the police or using weapons such as knives or baseball bats).

>Hemenway finds more reliable an annual federal government research project, called the National Crime Victimization Survey, which yields estimates in the neighborhood of 100,000 defensive gun uses per year. Making various reasonable-sounding adjustments, other social scientists have suggested that perhaps a figure somewhere between 250,000 and 370,000 might be more accurate.

leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2012a/commsumm.nsf/b4a3962433b52fa787256e5f00670a71/5de089825c00843e872579b80079912d/$FILE/SenState0305AttachB.pdf

>Upon interviewing convicted felons, these researchers found that

>74% indicated that burglars avoided occupied dwellings, due to fears of being shot
>57% said that most criminals feared armed citizens more than the police
>40% of the felons had been deterred from committing a particular crime, because they believed that the potential victim was armed

I know this is a bait thread but I'd rather this information be out there

>automatics are bad
>semi-automatics are bad
You're right, we should all have shotguns.

>Guns are needed because others have guns. THats why we can't ban them because others have them.

Tell that to these guys

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Athens_(1946)

Remove niggers and America would have lower rates of violent crime than most European countries.

Laws are meant to punish criminals, not prevent.

No more than five rounds in a tube and only after atleast a year of training. Sure.

>Mass transport exists.
it does?
nearest bus stop is 65 miles away
nearest train is 240 miles away
nearest airport is 55 miles away
I've never seen a taxi, ever

>

So by training everyone you're endangering them when they decide to commit crime.

Nice.

dude if and when you ever get robbed in your own home you're gunna feel so dumb. you're going to be like damn i wish i had some kind of object that could have prevented that!

Let's compromise
No guns for niggers

White males leading cause of death 2011
15-19 #3 homicide 9.2%
20-24 #3 homicide 7.8%
25-34 #5 homicide 5.7%
cdc.gov/men/lcod/2011/lcod_whitemen2011.pdf

Black males leading cause of death 2011
15-19 #1 homicide 50%
20-24 #1 homicide 49.2%
25-34 #1 homicide 34.2%
cdc.gov/men/lcod/2011/lcodblackmales2011.pdf

U.S. firearm death by type and race
White firearm deaths
77% suicide
19% homicide
Black firearm deaths
14% suicide
82% homicide

brookings.edu/blog/social-mobility-memos/2015/12/15/guns-and-race-the-different-worlds-of-black-and-white-americans/

2014 UCR Expanded Homicide Data
White on White murders 2,488
White on Black murders 187
Black on Black murders 2,205
Black on White murders 446

ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2014/crime-in-the-u.s.-2014/tables/expanded-homicide-data/expanded_homicide_data_table_6_murder_race_and_sex_of_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2014.xls

I do.
A phone with 911.

I was hoping to get OP to respond with it's slow and ineffective and not always an option.

Exactly why the police are in relation to firearms.

*What, not why.

>oh wow i already got beaten and robbed
>police show up after 30 minutes
Yep he went that way officer!

i know this is bait but come on im not even trying

Black males commit crime because of republican policies that left them impoverished and desperate.

Not in republican controlled areas.

Strange, Democrats were the main supporters and enforcers of Jim Crow.

yeah.. if I called 911 right now and the police responded immediately, it would take a min of 25 minutes for them to get here. Our county only has two on duty cops and if they are already busy they would dispatch state police to respond and they are 70 miles away.

>self control and responsibility isn't real

Casting blame on anyone but yourself is cowardice.

Nope, last republican mayor in Chicago was 1931
Wanna guess the homicide rate increase this year alone?

Wasn't there a stat showing how the five largest cities in America have the strictest gun laws and the most shooting?

>What is the southern strategy for 500?

>Black males commit crime because of republican policies that left them impoverished and desperate.

I think you meant democrat policies. Nice try though. A for effort.

And when seconds count, police are only minutes away.

OP, if you hate firearms, guns are illegal in Mexico. Move there, you'll be happier. Guns are an American freedom, right and way of life. So get use to it because our gun culture isn't going away. Even with "madam cuck"

So kind of like how cops aren't always an option when confronted by an assailant.

>thinking a car is not a privilege

>Citing four separate studies between 1988-2004, the assessment from the Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council says crime victims who use guns in self-defense have consistently lower injury rates than victims who use other strategies to protect themselves (other strategies include stalling, calling the police or using weapons such as knives or baseball bats).

>Hemenway finds more reliable an annual federal government research project, called the National Crime Victimization Survey, which yields estimates in the neighborhood of 100,000 defensive gun uses per year. Making various reasonable-sounding adjustments, other social scientists have suggested that perhaps a figure somewhere between 250,000 and 370,000 might be more accurate.

>Upon interviewing convicted felons, these researchers found that

>74% indicated that burglars avoided occupied dwellings, due to fears of being shot
>57% said that most criminals feared armed citizens more than the police
>40% of the felons had been deterred from committing a particular crime, because they believed that the potential victim was armed

Also it's called the Bill of RIGHTS, not the Bill of NEEDS.

niggers commit crime because that's their way of life.

>>thinking a car is not a privilege

Granted by who?

Republican policies nationally have left black areas in a dire state. The war on drugs, Trade and Trickle down. Staples of the republican ticket.

Waiting for you to respond to my post and pic

>Appeals to racists.
>This impoverishes Blacks.

Hmm, If I appeal to gays does that erode family values?

Faggot OP BTFO

Maybe you should liaten to the feminists and teach black people not to kill...surely that'll work

Funny, those same policies don't affect white poor areas the same
You're really bad at this

>Black males commit crime because of republican policies that left them impoverished and desperate.
how can that be when they live almost exclusively in democratic run cities? They'd rather stay on welfare than vote republican.

>Nobody cares about you 250 year old paper written by slave holders.

It's that 250 year old piece of paper that allows you to shitpost on the interwebs.

You invalidated your own argument. Good job, moron.

this is a b8 thread. this guy is trolling. he isn't this stupid

I think you mean LBJ's (Democrat) war on poverty and Clinton's (Democrat) 1994 crime bill. Don't worry, everyone makes mistakes.

DINDU NUFFINS
WHITEY MADE US VIOLENT MURDERERS

I know... but its 2am and I'm bored.

We recently had a case where the police just straight up didn't go to a burglary, so you're not alone.

I bet that it still fires, oddly.

Is Sup Forums unironically THIS dumb to respond to obvious bait like this?

You misspelled democrat.
lol Chicago!

>Nobody cares about you 250 year old paper written by slave holders.

Maybe you're right. It sure seems like it most of the time. Maybe nobody cares about it anymore, if they ever even did, who knows. But it doesn't matter. The right to keep and bear arms doesn't come from the Constitution. It comes from being human. The Constitution is merely supposed to guarantee it. And that was done because the country was infuriated at the original, amendmentless Constitution that was proposed. Do you people never wonder why they were "amendments" in the first place? The rights already existed before the Constitution.

And they always will. No matter what law you and your evil cabal of American killing allies pass, I ain't giving up my guns. I'm just not gonna.

why are you obsessed with the right of people to get guns ?
If a sane lad wants to get a weapon to defend himself, that is n.o.t your problem.
stay salty

I'm just bored tbqh

what kind of a third world country is America where this is a regular enough occurrence that you need an assault rifle

Eh, often times I just like arguing so I can sharpen my skills

>at the gay club with my bf sucking cocks
>some qt muslim comes in and dances with us for a while
>he walks out of the club and comes back in with a rifle pistol and bomb vest
>cry and call the police
>in the 3 hours it takes for the police to arrive he has killed everyone

Bait threads are actually pretty fun.

Certainly better fun than some of the shit that gets posted here.

I've expressed I'm aware that this is a bait thread