Why havent you bought a motorcycle yet?

Riding a motorcycle is one of the most fun passtimes you can do.

Pros:
>Get out and about for no reason other than to ride
>Go to new places
>Meet interesting people
>Feel manly because you service it your self
>Gets bitches wet
>Uses less petrol than a car
>Can lanesplit though traffic

Cons:
>Weather sometimes sucks
>Run risk of being squished
>Get targeted by cops
>Speeding fines negate gas savings if you get caught

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eBQQ2xhdOtg
youtube.com/watch?v=JrLFxCs7UtE
youtu.be/eBQQ2xhdOtg
cdn2.cycletrader.com/v1/media/578eeb66b33a227f499a827f.jpg?width=512&height=384&quality=60
youtube.com/watch?v=e6LRvj6-7OQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I can still walk and not feel short of breath
>I go lots of new places, just not with a lot of noise since I got enough attention as a child
>Fat old flabby narcissists with ego failure are interesting from a non-clinical perspective
>It's just a feeling
>Those are aging bitches with bacterial vaginal discharge disorders - its not wet its infected
>Are you poor and live in a trailer court
>Saw a guy recently with half his face hanging off his face

The main reason is I'm still young, I make enough money, young girls pay attention to me, and don't need this sense of validation for everything I do by forcing people to listen to noise like some nigger with a ghettoblaster.

I always wanted one. I want to build mine myself though. But right now for me it is guns and coins. For 1 dollar I cuouldn't help myself and bought a 1940 zinc 3rd reich coin. Shitty phone is shit

You don't build your first bike, you buy some shitty used piece of scrap that you can (and will) drop repeatedly, and probably wreck. You build your bike after you have enough time under your ass that you know how to not fuck it up.

Only degenerate stormcucks ride motorcycles

>Why haven't you bought a motorcycle yet?
I'm fat and wouldn't look good on one
i'm doing everyone a favor by staying enclosed by a car

>Said the dick sucking canadian

I've been riding for 14 years now.

Riding every day.

I have three.. bought my first road bike in 1986. Started riding dirt bikes when I was 9.

>passtimes
Pastimes

Winter.

There is no winter here.

I live in Alaska and own 2.

Got to buy me one of these

>riding the 2 wheeled jew
>getting bitches wet while being a paraplegic

DRZ400?
Noice, used to have one. I wish Suzuki would just modernize it already and use fuel injection.

Don't have one currently at the moment. Saving for a fz-09 when there are more used models for sale. Would like to buy a KTM 1290 Superduke or a 990, but hardly ever see any for sale in my area.
Sportbikes are a shit.

Because I'm not suicidal.
youtube.com/watch?v=eBQQ2xhdOtg

Having a motorbike is such a bad idea.

You're putting your life in the hands of some of the absolute retards who drive.

It is made for one purpose and one alone, Dank woolies.

>falling for the two wheeled jew

DR650

Every time you drive your life is in their hands anyway, bikers just get comfortable with the idea of their on inevitable death. :)

I do ride a motomahcycle.

The risk is way higher, a simple collision can end you.

not everyone needs a safe space from life.. I have over 300k miles on two wheels

I really want to buy one, but thanks to laws and idiots the insurance price is over 200% until i'm 30.

so can a slip in the shower but people do it every day

Oh shiny, are BMW's really as notoriously fail happy as the popular opinion goes? All the guys I know who ride the bmw sport bikes always seem to have some kind of breakdown.

Whats a good beginner bike that has a classic ww2 look to it? I want one where my body is positioned upright like a bicycle. I'm a manlet (5'9) so I feel like these types of bikes are best for my size.

True story:

I have been riding a motorcycle for over 30 years. I have been riding a bicycle (as an adult for fitness) for 3 years. I have almost been hit by cars on the bicycle more often in just 3 years than on the motorcycle for 30.
Conclusion:
Bicycles are much more dangerous than motorcycles.

I spent years looking for shit in dirt ball countries that goes boom and kills people. Every day, for three years.

I'm pretty comfortable with the risks of riding a bike.

Because people hate "lance" more than they hate squids.

I learnt to ride because it's easier to pull teeth than find parking in my neck of the woods tbqh family.

Depends on the model and how long they have been making it. Truth is BMW got too fucking tech happy and couldn't keep up with quality control. Lot's that techy shit was still pretty still in beta.

Planning on getting one of these as a first bike.

Am I going to die?

Dying is my biggest fear. Wish I wasn't such a pussy and could go through with buying a bike. Looks really fun.

>Get out and about for no reason other than to ride
that's just retarded and unproductive

>Go to new places
you mean it's a mode of transport? no shit

>Meet interesting people
hardly, in Brazil only the poorest literal liveleak monkeys and douchebags are into motorcycles

>Feel manly because you service it your self
the feeling of manliness comes from self-reliance and doing things with your own hands, which applies to many things

>Gets bitches wet
in third world countries motorcycles are for poor people, so it doesn't work that way here

>Uses less petrol than a car
at an increased risk of death and fines outta the ass

yes you finally got it, the only reason to drive a motorcycle ever and why I'm licensed to drive one: if the city you live in has gridlock traffic

Yeah I spotted this in a parking lot and at a bike show last week met the guy who rides it. It looked sexy as hell then I saw the single fork rear swingarm shaft drive combo and it filled my head with thoughts of "Nope!"

That seems like way too complicated a collection of moving parts that if ever something goes wrong would cost me a new bike worth of maintenance.

>Street Triple
>First bike

yes and no

don't you have to start with a smaller cc bike in AU?

Don't you aussies have to start out on 125 or sub 250 cc bikes?

Do they even make a triumph street thumper that small?

>single fork rear swingarm shaft drive combo

>I can still walk and not feel short of breath

More like you're incapable of learning how to operate a vehicle and are being all sour about it.

>Only poor people are into motorcycles, here.

Funny how cultural attitudes can shift, isn't it?

this baby here together with a sidecar

I'd rather not have hemorrhoids.

Street Triple 660 is learner approved as the max cc for a learner is 660.

DR650. IMS tank, TM40 flatslide pumper, FMF powerbomb header and supertrapp silencer. I think the DRZ400's are currently fuel injected. This DR650 has proven itself to be nearly indestructible. It's great for commuting over the "paved" roads in my area.

>This thread

I hate you fuckers so much.

I raced quads in my youth and I get the appeal to motorcycles but stop fucking doing this shit then crying foul when one of you gets dismembered.

Recent bought a DR350 to minimalist tour on.

Shame motorcycles are going the way of cars in becoming overly-complex and impossible to work on yourself in an economical way.

The rear fork has only one arm. Inside that arm is the shaft drive, and it is also connected to the rear suspension.

First of all shaft drives are a power loss. And the occam's razor of mechanics is that the less complicated a machine is the more reliable it is.

So while a chain and sprocket provides the most direct power to the rear wheel it requires the most maintenance but is hard to fuck up. Belt drives are similar but have less maintenance. Shaft drives are the most complicated least maintenance and when they fail or break are the most expensive.

you can see these people all over youtube in fail compilations

youtube.com/watch?v=JrLFxCs7UtE

half of these videos are from brazil, it's a fucking disease in the poor countryside

my cousin got into a motorcycle accident and spent 40 days in coma (fooling around without helmet), his lucky ass survived the public healthcare system without any brain damage some fucking how

please do not do this

Shaft drive is simpler than chain. less moving parts too. It does rob some power, but it's negligible. Single swing arms have less weight and moving parts. They are the new norm on modern bikes.

If it is anything like my MT09 or the MT07 i would caution against it. Lots of torque in the low gears can rip the seat out from under you especially if you're not comfortable with the throttle control. Rip it too hard and the bike jerks causing you to either panic break or twist the throttle off and on sharply making the bike "buck"

I haven't ever ridden the 660 though so I don't know what the engine is like.

...still putting it together. Got a crazy deal on a used sheepskin I cut into a custom seat cover. Need to modify rack to move bags back to give more seat room, and then I'm taking off to Latin America for the Winter.

You wot m8?

Unless you're counting every individual linkage you have 3 moving parts, the gear on the engine, the gear on the wheel and the chain.

Even a simple shaft drive has more than that.

there are still a few old tech bikes
honda xr650
suki dr650
kawi klr650
all 20yr old tech.. and all about $6k new

And here is the particular shaft drive on that BMW... tell me that this is honestly less complicated than a god damned glorified bicycle chain and gear.

youtu.be/eBQQ2xhdOtg

Haha I'm ahead of you my man

10/10 cucked.

Bought my ZX-14R / 215 hp bike at 19 with a temp license.

>650
>Too much power

Numale faggots.

>Cons:
Getting hit from behind by a driver who was busy texting

>you do realize in hospitals, nurses and doctors refer to motorcycle riders as "organ bags", right?

I consider it sometimes, I dick around in the woods on an old 250 2stroke trials bike a lot.

But I also don't want to die when some dipshit runs a stop sign or tries to merge into me.

fugg

i'm literally poor as fuck but i need a motorcycle

what's something cool I can get for minimal money

Nice bike.

because webm related

Old motorcycles can be crazy cheap, even in very good condition.

Nothing more american

>petrol

non-American faggot

ok cool where can i find these? craigslist?

which brands are shitty/trashy?

I have this one

cdn2.cycletrader.com/v1/media/578eeb66b33a227f499a827f.jpg?width=512&height=384&quality=60

(its google pic link dont worry)

THE LIGHT WAS FUCKING RED

so you are scared of a bike because running red lights is dangerous? that crash was the riders fault 100%

Confirmed niggadry.

Unless you modded that shit the bike makes like 170hp at the wheel and it's torque is in the high gears. Stock naked bikes like the street triple and FZ/MT bikes have a different style of transmission making them quicker to start but drop off at high speeds.

The number of cc's and hp means fuck all when comparing the actual performance and fuel mapping. That the triumph and MT series especially are known for very "snatchy" throttles that dump a lot of power very quickly making them not ideal for a beginner where that ninja with the slower roll and smoother delivery is easier to handle than a bike with a very abrupt fueling.

Dude do you even ride?

Yeah, people live outside the USA, retard.

Get a 70s honda CB, good starter bike.

If you like the Triumph and it's your dream bike, I'd say make it your second, so you can wreck the first one and not feel like shit.

Not sure how the aussie market is but here that triumph will run you twice what a japanese bike will in the same class.

We call em donorcycles. I work in the ED and I see way too many MCA deaths to even try getting on a bike. Granted, Im exposed only to the negative aspects of riding but collisions on a motorcycle hardly end well.

a motocycle is just a glorified mobility schooter that the shart in marts use

I have a Paris-Dakar. Stupidly powerful bike, more than I need, but fuck is it fun

Said the nobike cunt

Does your wife's booyfriend know you're a faggot?

Had the licence for like 8 years already

Last bike was stolen out of apartment garage and I haven't bothered replacing it yet.

Fuck I miss it but no time to ride with a five month old baby in the house.

>The risk is way higher, a simple collision can end you.
My city is half full of Asians. I'm no safer in the cage desu senpai

The rule is basically any four-stroke under 250cc (and some two-strokes but the wild 250s aren't allowed) and anything from 250-660cc that falls under a power to weight limit. There's usually a list for each state of what's allowed but the bikes on the list are added/removed based on the power to weight rule.

It was basically just dirt bikes and smaller cruisers in the past but I think Europe has a similar rule for some licence class so manufacturers started selling learner versions with an ECU remap to cuck them down to the prescribed power limit. Torque isn't restricted so they're probably still pretty fun though.

What a complete non-argument that is.
I have a drivers license and choose to not drive, because I don't need to.
I live near where I work, near the city center, near my friends, near a supermarket, near a bus stop, near a park.
I walk everywhere, and if I need to go somewhere unusual or the weather sucks I take a taxi, and my yearly spending is much lower than it would be if I owned a car, plus I don't stress out about its condition, cleaning, parking, traffic and gas and so on.

Protip: not driving doesn't mean you can't drive.

Do aussie regulators know that you can reprogram them to uncuck the bike these days?

The only bike I would get.

Would never buy a bike anywhere near a metropolitan city, seriously

Fuck yes. HEIL to the classics.

Hmm, for a classic standard that isn't half bad.

>falling for the meme-jew

>uses less petrol than a car

Bullshit. A lot of larger bikes actually have worse economy than a car.

If that's an argument you want to use, you'll never go above 400cc.

I have a old Honda CG125 (because all roads here are tiny country lanes and nearly third-world tier quality) which I got for £400 when I had L plates, and decided I'd ride it until it died.

Still going, will hit 60K in the coming months.

or you can do what everyone does here after a while and swap the ecu for a stock full-power unit

enjoy the real deal and swap back when you sell it because learner-legal shit commands a higher price

it's all illegal of course but no cop is going to spot it on a roadside inspection (so you're fucked if you crash it and insurance finds out, but that's about it)

>That the triumph and MT series especially are known for very "snatchy" throttles that dump a lot of power very quickly
Triumph triples from the pre-ride-by-wire era were the friendliest engines around. Fucking ride by wire throttles are cancer though. Why can't fuckers just give us a straight 1:1 mapping on them instead of fucking around trying to make engines feel ballsier at low speed/small throttle openings? They're annoying in a cage but at least you've got all that weight to smooth things out - bikes don't have that so the results are always awful.

reeeeeeeeeeeee

My grandpa sold one not so long time ago for 10000 rubles ($150) because he lost keys.

stay mad mondeo man

Urals are pretty swell.

youtube.com/watch?v=e6LRvj6-7OQ

I go used to the FZ09 and the triumph that I got to try out felt similar to the B mode on the fz. It might have had a flash job done to it.

considering that it is twice the price they have to justify that price point somehow.

Duke 390 master race here.