/Trek/

What was his major malfunction?

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/tv/2017/06/27/star-trek-discovery-jonathan-frakes/
trekmovie.com/2017/06/27/jonathan-frakes-to-direct-episode-of-star-trek-discovery/
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Cause_and_Effect_(episode)
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1502091792108.webm
imgur.com/a/XwHGU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

FULLY FUNCTIONAL

MULTIPLE TECHNIQUES

When The Orville ultimately blows out STD, how is the Star Trek community going to handle it?

S3 Archer gives zero fucks
He just robbed our boy Casey

Those quads though. This is going to be a good thread. I can feel it in my feeling bone.

I would imagine by making lots of excuses.

If the opposite happens, how will /trek/ handle it?

You people have been promising me for 2 years that STD would be shit.

They're both going to be mediocre and forgettable

Trekfags, I never watched the series, but I remember watching one episode on television like 13 or so years ago.
The ship was stuck in some sort of groundhog day, the day kept repeating and they kept getting destroyed by an enemy ship.
In the end they finally managed to send a message trough time or something and escape their destruction.

I fucking loved that episode, can anyone direct me to it? I'd love to watch it again. Ever since I catched that I have a thing for time travel stuff in films/series.

Name one (1) thing you've heard about STD that has you excited for it. FFS, the show's abbreviation is STD.

He was TOO human, unlike his brother

I'm watching TOS for the first time. Every episode I've seen so far could have easily been a half hour. Especially this Harry Mudd episode with the girls that won't fucking end!

Fine. Many trekkers are saying Orville looks more like trek.

Nicholas Meyer

Someone said Frakes was directing an episode

Absolutely. It was a different time of television. >Density< is a modern concept.

ew.com/tv/2017/06/27/star-trek-discovery-jonathan-frakes/

Yep.

trekmovie.com/2017/06/27/jonathan-frakes-to-direct-episode-of-star-trek-discovery/

he is directing some episodes for both the orville and std apparently

>when you realize Star Trek V has the second best waifu selection of any film

we'll ignore it just like we do voyager or enterprise

Probably Cause and Effect

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Cause_and_Effect_(episode)

Joe "Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra" Menosky in the writers' room.

(You), your eyes uncovered!

Ladies, get you a man who looks at you the way Will Riker looks at Dairy Queen

I'm rewatching DS9 right now. Season 1. Despite being Season 1 and I know it gets better, it's still really good.
ENT, DS9, TNG are just good television.

this is the worst meme to come out of any general since that sneed bullshit in the Simpsons generals

That would probably be my second suggestion, I think he's recalling Paste Tense, from DS9.

You know how Discovery will be shit?
No Jeffrey Combs.

Thank you. :)

This character existed to be sexually assaulted.

ATTENTION BAJORAN WORKERS
also kira a private message for you
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1502091792108.webm

Oh shit that's actually a good point. I can't imagine a world without him.

I'm writing fanfic on my break just to spite you now.

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs"

>ages 30 years in a decade
Life was hard on poor GLW.

You posted this exact thing a few days ago, either here or on the /tg/ thread.

Read it again.

>never heard of /tg/ before
>go there

>Watch it Picard

>I want to fug Ardra

>I am Tosk

I am still slowly crawling my way through my revisitation of DS9. Why were these aliens able to just bypass the stations shields? During the shootout on the promenade they were absorbing phaser fire with Their arms. That seems like some novel technology for some novelty gamma quadrant bitplayer I'm sure we'll never see again.

>It's just a hunt bro!

I missed the prozac discussion, just wanted to re-enforce the never go cold turkey comment, its fucking horrible

They're more advanced than the Dominion but pay lip service to them because a war would be more inconvenient.

Wasn't there a race like that in Babylon 5 that the shadows left alone, or am I mis remembering something else? After

I'm watching TNG's "Final Mission" as we speak. God damn do I hate episodes where teams crash or are unexpectedly delayed on an away mission. These episodes highlight the incompetence of Starfleet away mission and shuttle emergency planning. They don't carry even near the kind of sustainment supplies a modern military or government mission would carry, say nothing of not carrying things like transporter intensifiers as standard.

Why even start it in the first place unless you are tard?
If everyone tells you it either doesn't work, it stops working, or they go to stop it and start having terrible withdrawals, then why in the hell even start the stuff?
Really tumbles my noggin'

The old men here defend TOS to no end but they forget how incredibly long and laborious it is to finish some episodes. Hell TV was still relatively new in the first season of Trek and commercials were much shorter than they are now.
Everyone was excited just to watch TV, much less some campy sci-fi.
Season 2 is pretty good but 3 is too wacky and 1 is a task.

I didn't know I was suicidal and the doctor proscribed it, I'd never do it again, one of the worst experiences of my life, it feels this constant minor electric shock when your trying to get off them, yes it was stupid but I chose to blame my doctor

If you find TOS too long for you then nothing is stopping you from watching TAS.

>And you are not the father!

>I didn't know I was suicidal
???

oh for fucks sake, you pedantic shit,
>I didn't know (about the withdrawal effect), I was suicidal

and anatomically correct

Hottest Vulcan ever shown on screen?

sorry sweetie

My third suicide attempt left me hospitalized and they wouldn't release me without it aaayyy lmao.

I really did think you somehow didn't know you were suicidal.

You have to be over 18 to post on this board

T'Pol's all white uniform was GOAT.

See, this is the typical old fart response to legitimate criticism towards TOS: ad hominem or something other than giving some form of refutation that addresses the poster's points.

TOS has aged terribly, the episodes have a tedious pacing, long drawn out scenes at times that are there if only for some mild atmosphere but really to fill time, and then it slowly catches it's footing towards the end of the first season.

It hits it's stride in season 2 then by the beginning of the third season it crumbles into a campy lampoon that is mostly one bad episode after the next.

I'm not saying it's bad it's just a chore to watch some episodes which I can't say the same for TNG or DS9.

lol
lol

Nope.

is this nigga serious?

I actually enjoyed ENT, yet I still find your choice of Vulcan... disturbing.
Pic related, literally the only worthy ENTbabe

If Bashir wouldn't allow Kurn to kill himself, why do you think he'd give you permission to do it?

#LiveForJulian

Fuck off with your butthurt, I'm just saying that it'll be easier for you to watch TAS because TAS has fewer minutes in every episode.

Watch it, Katty!

Let's hope your next attempt goes smoothly!

>that time he accidentialy walked in on Miles trying to bite it

>butthurt
I'm hardly upset, I thought you were implying that I watch a children's show, which I have no intention of doing.

The TOS that's good is some of my favorite Trek, I just can't be arsed to sit through some of the bad stuff (which there is far more of than most are willing to admit)

I was a teenager and was told that meds would solve all my problems

>I'm hardly upset, I thought you were implying that I watch a children's show, which I have no intention of doing.
TAS is for everyone, including adults.

Star Trek in general is for children though. Most people in this thread watched Trek in their childhood, I'd wager 50 quatloos on this.

The minimum dose of Zoloft actually did solve all my problems.

I hated Trek as a kid, started watching it when I was 22.

Can I get them episode guides for next generation and ds9?

imgur.com/a/XwHGU

TNG: S3-S7
DS9: S1-S7

You're welcome.

>real fans watch it all

>reddit spacing

fite me

>skipping TNG S1 and 2
When will this meme end

Would you a Maquis?

Thanks dog, me and some buds are watching pur favs tonight

When I watched TNG as a kid, I was only interested in the space battles and the rest I couldn't care for. It wasn't until I got out of college and had a lot of downtime that I started watching it again and realized how good of a show it was and why I didn't like it.

Most Trek is boring to a child, even a teenager. It's an 18-42 - ish demographic I'd wager.

no problem. we are all friends here

There's only one Maquis I'd want to bang

Save me from the rape gangs, daddy data

For a nu-trek audience I'd say skipping S1/S2 is pretty much essential for them to acclimatize to TNG properly.

Once they've adapted to it though S1/S2 is essential, and after that maybe they can even go onto TOS.

TNG.S3+->S1/S2->TOS isn't a bad route into classic trek IMO.

Voyager fags need to be careful around 9ers, bad things happen.

T'pol is my favorite, with Selar as a close second.
T'pol looks best in the later seasons when she adopts Selar's hairstyle