>the masses are finally realizing how shitty it was

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pWvoFE7W288
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Proof?

it made money at the cost of destroying Star Wars' culture clout and nostalgia

this trilogy will keep making money but keep destroying it further

people pretended to like tpm for a few years too

yup Disney is going to drain every last drop out of star wars until it's as worthless a franchise as any other forgotten fantasy series

Disney is like a parasite, they can't produce anything quality anymore they can only suck the life out of still relevant properties.

Wasn't a big fan when it came out and have lost all interest in seeing The Last Jedi.

Do I even need to say it?

desu there's this girl at work I have a thing for and I found out she's super duper big into this new star wars trilogy and all things new star wars and it honestly makes her less attractive in my eyes.

1 thing I fucking loved in this movie. Jagged Kylo's lightsaber effect.It was showing how unstable are sith/dark side users artifical cristals used for making them. Imagine this as Vader weapon in OT. That would be great

Itt: delusion from shut ins

I was a massive fan who'd consume anything Star Wars, no matter how terrible, and Episode 7 just made me stop caring about it. Didn't even watch the trailer for Rogue One.

This is exactly how Disney executives think of their stories.

why is George so smug?

Sorry Georgie

Disney's Star Wars is soulless and derivative, but is it really worse than the prequels?

I know I sound like a contrarian, but at least the prequels were trying something different for as horridly shit as they were.

why did you fucking sell it
why

you were supposed to make another triology to fix the mess you made

you were supposed to bring balance to your own movies not to sell them to greedy jews

you were an artist lucas. we loved you

They were trying something different, but they weren't competent.

Yes. Much worse.

it was all basically George Lucas' ideas though, even if those came out as terrible and no one reigned him in. The elements of the current trilogy is chosen through a hodge-podge of the OT, and is just a purely business strategy

>got cucked by the chandelier man

As morally bankrupt as the new trilogy is, it has better movies in terms of cinematography and writing. The score is the only technical aspect the prequels do better.

remember remember the leaks

youtube.com/watch?v=pWvoFE7W288

As terribly as they were executed, they had 100x more care and thought put into them than Nu-Wars.

I wouldn't say it was shitty, just a big fat nothing.
>Two years of, "FUCK OH MY FUCKING GOD STAR WARS YAAAAS"
Then
>Eh, I thought it was okay, I guess

glib facsimile

Fuck off Nabokov

>Friendly reminder that all of the aesthetics and design of Naboo designed by Doug Chiang were completely plagiarized from Dinotopia

>it has better movies in terms of cinematography and writing
Both of which are terrible compared to actually good movies. I watched Star Wars to lose myself in this awesome universe with cool new planets, military technology, and force users. All of which was lacking from the ANH remake Disney released.

I couldn't care less about Star Wars' attempt at cinematography and writing, and never have.

Made me realize even all of the dumb shit in EU is still leagues better. At least the Old Republic stuff.

oy vey shut it down

the person drawing that never been close to a waterfall, imagine the noise and constant water saturated air dripping eveything constantly

no worder, all Star Wars movies is 1 big plagiat of many various things. This is well-known fact. It just sums up these things.

It's really not.

Prequels actually FELT like star wars, regardless of if you think they are shit. There is a certain pace that doesn't feel so damn rushed, there are lots of slow scenes with goat Williams music.

ep7, rogue one don't feel like starwars at all. whoever said that if they released that movie with a title like guardians of the galaxy, nobody would blink a fucking eye, hit the nail on the head.

I know what you mean. It feels like they're part of a hivemind or something.

to be fair, i think the guy lost his mind or went senile. Old age kept him from completing it. I really wish he could have.

plinket was right...the lack of sexual feeling honestly is creepy as fuck

>It feels like they're part of a hivemind or something.

They are. People want to belong so much, they can't even call bad shit bad anymore. They're so afraid of voicing their own opinions, they choose to be afraid to think. Their subconscious is ruling over them, this is why media is working subliminally.

Makes me feel like shit. Where did it all go wrong lads.

Rogue one was bad but it definitely more like Star Wars than tfa

In the '70's. The 1770's.

t. mousekeeter.

I watched Rogue One and I literally don't remember any of it.

Shut up, moron. The prequels were dog shit and never felt like star wars.

I remember the courtroom scene but that's it

he still could have done it. he probably started to hate star wars due to the fan base. we've all seen the eu wiki. star wars enthusiasts are some of the most autistic monkeys around

this. Prequels felt like Star Wars.

Lucas fucked up when he started with Anakin being like 7 years old. Anakin should have been a teenager, like Luke, when he was discovered/ it would have felt more authentic when Yoda said he was too old to begin the training.

Qui-Gon, as much I liked him, was unnecessary as a character. Obi-Wan should have found Anakin, and raised and trained him from the beginning. Episode 2 could have been about Anakin and Obi's close friendship. Episode 3 could have been more about their fallout. Padme could have died at the age she was supposed to (a time where young Leia could have remembered her. Ep.6 Leia says she remembers how sad her mother used to be).

The most important aspects of what the prequels should have been about felt rushed because of Ep.1 with half the fucking movie being a podrace.

Origin of the Emperor and the Empire was the best executed part of prequels. Obi/Anakin/Padme relationship dynamics felt rushed. Luke and Leia should have been toddlers when Ep.3 was concluded.

fuck you, the death star scenes were great and gave the original death star more of a presence than it had at first and krennic was a good villain.

Naboo is a waterplanet?

>Doug Chiang
>Chiang
what else is new. when isn't a chink stealing

Maybe a bit of this... I've seen he speak recently, seems like he has a hard time putting sentences and thoughts together. Not even trying to be an ass, i think age just caught up with him.

Possibly the pressure to sell it as a propaganda vehicle got to him as well.

I really wish his name coulds have been on all 9. Oh well.

funnily enough it was the same kind of delay people had after Episode One released in comparison to the original trilogy

Can't really blame him for selling it. He put up with years of vitriolic fan backlash toward the prequels. By selling it he was no longer responsible.

>implying star wars wasn't already destroyed 20 years ago with the special edition and caring positively or negativily about disney's Star Wars is retarded.

I literally don't know what scenes you're referring to. I remember the old cgi guy and how gross that looked. I just honestly did not retain much of that movie. I was actually impressed by how much it made me check out. I guess the Darth Vader scene was neat.

I was still a kid when Episode 1 came out, so I can forgive myself not noticing it immediately. But how can actual adults with proper functioning faculties actually still cling to TFA?

>The score is the only technical aspect the prequels do better.
The score of the new movies was so incredibly soulless. I guess Williams is just phoning it in.

Yes, it's worse in the sense that it's a lazy cheap copy of the originals. The prequels are objectively bad but for fuck's sake at least they tried to introduce new concepts, new planets, etc. In Episode 7 we got

>Our hero grew up on a desert planet but it's not Tattooine
>The giant superweapon is totally not the death star!
>The rebels won but somehow they're still the rebels!
>Remember Han? You guys all liked Han, right?
>This midget alien imparting wisdom totally isn't just orange yoda
>Remember the cantina scene? You guys liked that, right?
>Remember the trench run? How cool was that!
>Remember when the Death Star blew up a planet?
>Remember when the bad guy and good guy were related?
>That's totally not Coruscant they just blew up!
>Hey look she's got Anakin's lightsaber, how, well that's a story for another time lol

There were some things that were done well, that could have led to interesting places. Rey's backstory, having never known her family, was a major departure from the shared Anakin/Luke theme of "muh dead guardians". Finn managed to be comic relief and a half-decent hero, coming across as good guy with genuine flaws. Kylo Ren actually seemed like a complex villain. The foundations of an interesting story was there. But the whole thing falls apart because of the shitty derivative writing.They had the roots of a solid story and abandoned it for "dude remember this thing from the originals?".

this was testing for special effects for the upcoming prequels. But it pisses me off to no end they won't release the original unedits. But it wasn't the end of the franchise user.

Being sold to Disney was truly the end.

guys just give it up the normies are always going to eat this shit up because people are just looking to have talking points during conversations and keep it positive so because nobody likes that guy who shits on the movie nobody will ever be that guy and pretend to like anything that hasnt been certified rotten so that they can have a polite laugh when one of the normies makes a joke about a "bad" movie and also fuck periods my sentences are as long as I want them to be this is america have you ever even read the declaration of independence its like 4 long sentences I mean who decided the cadence of fucking speaking anyway bunch of stupid faggots need pauses to keep track of an extended thought because their brains are too underdeveloped to grasp a complex idea

>Blaming "normies" for everything
>Stupid, autistic rambling
>Weebshit reaction image

Yep, it all checks out.

Hey George how's it going?
Sorry all those heart condition-afflicted manchildren took every opportunity to shit on your movies when they weren't watching their Familiy Guy DVDs for the 25th time, but for what it's worth, I liked them. How about a diet soda?

fuck off normie suck my feminine penis what are you some kind of faggot?

John Boyega the madman!

No, they aren't. That's the problem

hes right tho

Girls love black guys, get over yourself

there was a courtroom scene?

Honestly I didn't realise how bad it was until I watched the original trilogy

>Rey's backstory, having never known her family, was a major departure from the shared Anakin/Luke theme of "muh dead guardians".

You know damn well they're going to cheapen out on this in the future.

>Turns out Rey's grandfather is actually Obi-Wan!!!!

Stay turned for OBI-WAN: A Star Wars Story

leaving the theater i told my sister there was a small chance Rey could have been Obi-Won's granddaughter and not the super obvious Luke's daughter. We'll see. I thought the Obi-Won movie got memed into existence but that was probably naive.

This. Doesn't matter how bad the prequels were, they were still Star Wars. TFA was the most un-Star Wars movie ever with the name Star Wars slapped onto it. Rogue One did feel like Star Wars imo, but it was more of a fan made movie filled with fanservice for nostalgiafags.

Apparently the new Canon is that dark side users are raping sentient crystals with their hate or some shit and that's why they're red.

>why did you fucking sell it
Cause all you faggots were bitching about how bad the prequels were.

no its just reddit and Sup Forums being contrarians

5>4>6>3>1>R1>2>7

Rogue One, Episode 2 and Episode 1 can compete for second worst. Episode 7 didn't really feel like a Star Wars movie.

Relevant.

The prequels at least a had vision and tried to do new things. This didn't even try to do that.

The OT and even the PT were pretty awesome. People are sick of having (((SJW))) bullshit shoved down their throats with the new ones. It's that simple.

characters existing that aren't white men isn't shoving anything down anybody's throats. and people aren't sick of it

back to Sup Forums

>people are just looking to have talking points during conversations and keep it positive

You imply that people hate boyega because of racism.
Yet no one complains about Lando, except for the fact he wore the same clothes as Han.

I like Lando but that was weird as fuck, you think he tried to black leia?

I'm sorry George

>muh dick

Sorry George.

Nothing in Marvel Wars will ever compare to the Maul battle or the Asteroid field in Clones or the intro of Sith and the following Sidious scenes. It will always be soulless Marvel garbage. It can never be undone. It can never be good. The new SW made for little girls and online SJWs. Gone are the stories and thrilling battles, replaced instead with agenda.

He's really a woman.

I seriously doubt that.
The new piece of trash sequel will still break a billion without problems.

>Eh, I thought it was okay, I guess
That was definitely my initial reaction, but the more I watched it, the more I hated it. All TFA is good for is being a dumb popcorn flick nearly in the same tier as the Fast n' Furious franchise by virtue of the dumb, sweeping action.

DUDE ITS THE SAME BUT WITH DIFFERENT CHARACTERS LMAO

If Luke doesn't try and do the right thing by killing all the force users than this series will go from retarded to dumpster fire.

Will George Martin become our times George Lucas?

Don't worry. 10 years from now when episode 10 some college kid will make an article about how the second trilogy was a hidden masterpiece as evidenced by the use of "square theory" or some shit.

third trilogy*

Yeah it's bad but, Disney doesn't care because this shit is for kids. For every Gen Z kid this is the first time they've seen a lightsaber and a stormtroopers. It's the first time they've ever heard the word Jedi. The old movies are plainly better movies. Of COURSE they are. Disney didn't make a better film. It just made modern blockbuster clusterfuck that is meant to blast images at children at super-high velocity.

Once a nigger always a nigger

I unironically still legitimately enjoy the first 30 or so minutes of TFA. Same with Revenge of the Sith.

>Krennic was a good villain
He was utterly pathetic. The performance was "meh" tier. Better than most of the other actors in the movie, but not memorable overall.

Sorry George, but the force is female now

Fuck off you fucking hack

Because TPM was catered to a new generation of kids who didn't really "grow up" with the OT which upseted manchildren, TFA did the opposite and cradled their balls. Not to mention a lot of the adult "fans" are just people bandwagoning on the nerd fad, they'll eat whatever Disney markets to them.

the force is whatever gets the assess in the seats