ZIKA PANIC THREAD

>The CDC is almost out of money to fight the Zika virus, the agency's director said Tuesday

>Four out of five people with Zika have no symptoms

>Zika can also be transmitted by blood transfusions and through sexual contact, particularly oral, anal and vaginal sex, and even by secretions left on sex toys

>Can have no symptoms, but people may experience:
Pain areas: in the back of the eyes, joints, or muscles
Whole body: fatigue, fever, chills, loss of appetite, or sweating
Also common: eye redness, headache, skin rash, or vomiting

Other urls found in this thread:

cdc.gov/zika/geo/united-states.html
straitstimes.com/singapore/health/just-how-worried-should-singapore-be-about-the-zika-outbreak
cnsnews.com/news/article/cnsnewscom-staff/obamas-zika-advice-america-use-condoms-properly
businessinsider.com/the-military-tested-bacterial-weapons-in-san-francisco-2015-7
independent.co.uk/news/science/zika-alzheimers-effect-adults-symptoms-causes-what-happens-latest-study-a7198876.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_biological_weapons_program
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-experimentation_in_medicine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unethical_human_experimentation_in_the_United_States
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Whitecoat
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Drop_Kick
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_May_Day
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Big_Buzz
post-gazette.com/news/nation/2016/08/29/CDC-Woman-got-Zika-from-partner-with-no-symptoms/stories/201608290083
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

current areas affected

lacking america

US States
Locally acquired mosquito-borne cases reported: 29
Travel-associated cases reported: 2,487
Laboratory acquired cases reported: 1
Total: 2,517
Sexually transmitted: 22
Guillain-Barré syndrome: 7

cdc.gov/zika/geo/united-states.html

Sadly no one cares about it and the areas affected are poor middle class areas like Aljunied and Sembawang.

I'll probably get it. I got H1N1 in 2009 and my hobbies/work often involve mosquito bites. And there was a confirmed case in the nearest metropolis.

I dont have kids or plan to have kids so I just dont care.

Tfw we're gonna see a world that os Children of Men

It causes temporary paralysis in males and anything you stick your dick in gets it

>Worry about a virus which will affect your children
>On Sup Forums

Something isn't adding up here

>tfw you will be dead before shit really hits the fan

most of those cases have no travel history

the real number is probably closer to a few hundred

as usual theres hand waving and "theres nothing to worry about"

straitstimes.com/singapore/health/just-how-worried-should-singapore-be-about-the-zika-outbreak

Guys isnt zyka totally not fucking important at all so long as it doesnt make babies retarded long after the symptoms stop, which only lasts a month or two?

Why dont we all just get zyka and get it over with

>The CDC is almost out of money to fight the Zika virus, the agency's director said Tuesday
They might have more if they didn't waste it on researching the 'disease' of being sexually assaulted or trying to get permission to research the 'disease' of gun violence.

My bad. Should mention that Ive never had sex and probably wont.

We need moar in Africa pls

France is suffering enough.

Viruses like this fuck you up way beyond what you might think

For example, Herpes increases your cancer risk

it has the potential to damage your brain even if you are not pregnant or having kids

>Zika has also been linked to neurological conditions in adults, namely Guillain-Barré syndrome, a disorder that can cause temporary paralysis and permanent nerve damage.

>4 out of 5 cases have no symptoms

the olympics was a big fat mistake

Zika stays in the body of up to 2 to 4 years

No its permanent retardation in most cases unless i was being jewed

It's not as exciting as Ebola-chan unfortunately. The most I can see it doing is making 3rd worldfags even more willing to emigrate to our countries.

Is there a Zika-chan yet?

I wonder if a mosquito can carry the Zika virus and Ebola at the same time?

if you cant die from it isno big deal
i bet river nile is 3 times more severe

Zika is fucked up brahs. All my family has had it, it usually means a week in bed from the pain. Also, doctorfag here, seen fuckers die of zika and couldnt do shit about it. Also read up on Guillain-barre syndrome and its connection to zika, we are more fucked than you think.

>Obama’s Zika Advice to America: Use Condoms Properly

In his weekly address released on Saturday, President Barack Obama criticized the Republican Congress for not assenting to his request for “emergency resources” to “combat Zika,” and said that Americans should protect themselves from the virus by, among others things, “using condoms properly.”

“Because Zika can be spread through unprotected sex, it’s not just women who need to be careful--men do too,” the president told the nation. “That includes using condoms properly.”

Obama also advised Americans: “Stay in places with air conditioning and window screens.”

"And as long as I’m President, we’ll keep doing everything we can to slow the spread of this virus, and put our children’s futures first. Thanks everybody."

cnsnews.com/news/article/cnsnewscom-staff/obamas-zika-advice-america-use-condoms-properly

Its understandable that there will be side effects that no one knows about yet. For zika to wreck humanity though, we are gonna have to get it to mutate.
Im hoping for a kick ass mutation that causes
Ophiocordyceps unilateralis. Wishful thinking though, its never gonna happen.

I get that. I've been on a 2 year dry spell and it will probably continue until I die. But if you live in the south the mosquito species that carries the disease is prominent and stings primarily at night. Florida is going to fuck us all in the end so you don't have to die a virgin.

what a cuck president

When it comes to zika breeding include all of the southeast. Its been so fucking hot and humid its perfect skeeter weather. Once it really takes off shits gonna spread fast as fuck.

>Wishful thinking though, its never gonna happen.

with digits like that, you never know

>we are more fucked than you think
No Dominican Republic. You are exactly as fucked as you think.

Zika has symptoms of million other diseases. So if i drink too much alcohol i have same symptoms as Zika.

protip: they aren't

>The history of Zika virus

The virus was first isolated in April 1947 from a rhesus macaque monkey that had been placed in a cage in the Zika Forest of Uganda, near Lake Victoria, by the scientists of the Yellow Fever Research Institute. A second isolation from the mosquito A. africanus followed at the same site in January 1948. When the monkey developed a fever, researchers isolated from its serum a "filterable transmissible agent" that was named Zika in 1948.

>literally extracting diseases from the jungle

>And as long as I'm President

What did he mean by this?

Hahaha

Yellow fever is also what Americans most experimented with. US army released yellow fever many times around USA during cold war.

Linked does not imply causation, and 4 out of 5 not reporting symptoms is pretty good odds to me.

You really panic whenever the media tells you to? Next you are going to say Ebola was an actual threat.

Kek

>going outside
>having sex
>having babies

Get the hell off my Sup Forums

These are just things we know of.

>'One of the largest human experiments in history' was conducted on unsuspecting residents of San Francisco
>>businessinsider.com/the-military-tested-bacterial-weapons-in-san-francisco-2015-7

why monkeys create all the big viruses?
shouldn't we just harambe them all?

Zika affects adult brains.
I posted this shit yesterday, but the thread got slid.
independent.co.uk/news/science/zika-alzheimers-effect-adults-symptoms-causes-what-happens-latest-study-a7198876.html
>Experiments on adult mice engineered to mimic human Zika infection show that the virus seems to attack immature cells in the adult brain. Those same cells are vital to learning and memory – and so losing them could have disastrous effects, comparable to those experienced by people with Alzheimer’s.
>Over time, the gradual attack on those cells could lead to shrinkage of the brain and major impairment of cognitive processes, the scientist behind the study said.
>Professor Joseph Gleeson, from Rockefeller University, said: "Our results are pretty dramatic - in the parts of the brain that lit up, it was like a Christmas tree.
>"It was very clear that the virus wasn't affecting the whole brain evenly, like people are seeing in the foetus. In the adult, it's only these two populations that are very specific to the stem cells that are affected by virus. These cells are special, and somehow very susceptible to the infection.
>"Based on our findings, getting infected with Zika as an adult may not be as innocuous as people think."
Who would have thought?
>article is from 19 August
>Rockefeller University
>Experiments on adult mice engineered to mimic human Zika infection
(((They))) most certainly knew all about Zika affecting brains of infected before the Olympic games even started.

im not going to risk brain damage just to be 10% edgier

>zika this close to Australia
PANIC

I don't know about the rest of the south but at least in Texas our first big mosquito die off is in late September. Then we have six months until they come back and better have a solution. I just don't want to be paralyzed, I can't fap or shoot guns while paralyzed.

>through sexual contact, particularly oral, anal and vaginal sex
Uhhh, what other kinds of sexual contact are there???

Wait till the Olympic cunts come home.

It was the plan all along anonocunt.

make sure to bang a lot black bitches and jews

fisting

Other presidents will deliberately try to infect everyone with Zika.

Ears and eyes obviously

Mutual wanks? Sharing a dildo?

>not understanding or acknowledging any part of my post
>worried about brain damage

Life will forever be a mystery to me.

fisting what exactly?? pretty sure thats covered in anal and vaginal, unless your talking about fist to fist and thats just fighting.

So you really can rape someone with your eyes?? shit, who knew!

mutual wanks??? wtf is that?? what is even the point, i can guarantee nobody knows how to wank me as good as i do, i know all the right buttons to push, ive had plenty of practice. As for dildos im pretty sure thats covered in vag and anus.

THANK YOU BASED ROCKEFELLER.

We will probably have something akin to mad cow disease cases with Zika. Two to five years from now people with history of infection will start to get Alzheimer's with a lot of new cases in people not even 30 years old.

Whelp we are fucked.
Heres to sexbots hopefully being a thing before the
mosuitozikapocalypse.

Went on a giant walk around Aljunied 2 weeks ago. I wasn't even Pokefagging, this was legit fresh air and exercise.

And now I'm going to fucking die of HUE AIDS thanks to it.

Let this be a lesson to always stay indoors playing vidya.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_biological_weapons_program
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-experimentation_in_medicine
>The principle of informed consent was first enacted in the U.S. Army's research into Yellow fever in Cuba in 1901. However, there was no general or official guidance at this time.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unethical_human_experimentation_in_the_United_States
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Whitecoat
>Some volunteers, under experimental protocol, were also given investigational vaccines for Q fever and tularemia, as well as for yellow fever, Rift Valley fever, hepatitis A, Yersinia pestis (plague), and Venezuelan equine encephalitis and other diseases.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Drop_Kick
>Operation Drop Kick[1] to test the practicality of employing mosquitoes to carry an entomological warfare agent in different ways.
>In 1958, the Corps released 600,000 mosquitoes in Avon Park, Florida.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_May_Day
>The tests were designed to reveal information about the dispersal of yellow fever mosquitoes in an urban area.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Big_Buzz
>The operation was a field test designed to determine the feasibility of producing, storing, loading into munitions, and dispersing from aircraft the yellow fever mosquito (though these were not infected for the test) (Aedes aegypti).
Same mosquitoe type as with Zika.

It's more of a "wow look at us we're a couple of faggots in a blossoming romance in a fanfiction written by a heterosexual woman!" thing.

I have never done it nor plan to do it, but a good assfucking is always fine with me.

i think you misread. 4 out of 5 isnt a good thing. it doesnt mean 4 out of 5 dont get the disease. It means they can get 100% infected with it but show --zero-- symptoms. So you can have contact with someone that seems 100% healthy but he gives you this brain paralysing illness.

and because 80% dont have symptoms, the real number of infected is way higher than what is reported.

post-gazette.com/news/nation/2016/08/29/CDC-Woman-got-Zika-from-partner-with-no-symptoms/stories/201608290083

HOLY FUCK I THNK I HAVE ZIKA
Seriously, those symptoms make me laugh. It's like they were specially tailored for hypochondriacs

I wouldn't worry about the brain damage.
Symptoms are patient feedback, it's what you feel when you have a disease. Hence why a doctor asks you how you feel, he is looking for symptoms.

Hence 80% feel any way which would reflect being infected with any sort of disease. Those that do, report mild headaches and such, with a handful of extreme cases reporting short-lived paralysis.
I would take those odds any day of the week you total retard.

This is why you need to stop taking the media at face value, the wording changes between biology/medicine and everyday use. They intentionally abuse this fact.

80% don't feel*

ew, batty!

The US government are the most evil pieces of shit in history, more news at 11.

>use condoms, we don't need your babies anyway when we can just import slaves educated enough to be used from third world countries

Go back to Jamaica and make my weed you cunt.

>, with a handful of extreme cases reporting short-lived paralysis.
>I would take those odds any day of the week

just because its extremely rare to get hit by lighting doesnt mean u should walk in the open during a thunderstorm

besides i live -really- close to the hotzones in my country

If I got this one day I will become a race traitor and start raping mudslimes, niggers and other shitskins.

>Implying the Zika virus isn't an attempt to create Deltas and Epsilon human beings
>MFW we're going to be living in an era of sub humans like brave new world

do you think he makes michelle wear a condom when she fucks him in the ass

This isn't as fun as the ebola outbreak.

I think life is too dangerous for you if these odds are too crazy.

Lightning is literally an order of magnitude less likely than a fatal car accident, and lightning is more likely than dangerous/extreme Zhika symptoms.

Walking up/down a flight of stair, using a toaster, and putting on small trousers in a small room are all also statistically more dangerous than cars.
So yeah, maybe you should just off yourself now to save all of the abstract terror you feel towards media hyped non-issues.

australia has tropical jungles too

you are fucked too, frendo

better hope the australian desert forms a good enough barrier

>taking a thread like this to the nth serious degree

tip your fedora?

>tfw don't live in Aljunied
only a matter of time before it spreads though

>repeatedly proven wrong after pushing Jewish lies on Sup Forums

>"t-tip fedora memes right lads?"

You are a disgrace to the human race.

oh you are right, i should have made another worthless slide thread instead of sharing a happening topic with /pol

>autism

we told you last year what stage we were at with our testing in order to preserve the longevity of Human Culture and technological Advancement. we've had several stages to proof of concept for controlled population reduction amongst varying avenues. We've been very successful so far so I'll share our next stage with you. We have been working on splitting the genetic code of key viruses to enable high pathogen penetration with low population awareness. Basically there are two independent pieces of the virus that are capable of reproduction and transmission separately. however when the two keys meet in the host they merge to create the full viral strain. this always for maximum population penetration without population awareness and will make it nearly impossible to eradicate since the two keys propagate independently with out negative effects and only when two independent populations of strain a and strain b meet will the full viral infection express itself as the new ab strain.

>happening topic
>worth in this thread implied

We just disproved this, you remember that right?

>Autism meme
I would pick Autism over whatever you have, all day, everyday, if God came down from heaven and gave me a choice.

Dont worry my American friends, just as we are being told terror attacks in Europe is the new norm

Soon your leaders and media will tell you, deformed babies and mass Zika are the new normal in America
Then people will start defending it on social media and calling you racist and ableist for not wanting deformed babies

>40 posters in this thread

if its worth nothing people wouldnt be discussing stuff at all

and who made you the arbiter of threads to be had on /pol?

>I would pick Autism
yeah seems like it

Im as English as they come mate, 500 years of Yorkshire blood runs in my veins.

I love you Zika chan. Get out of Texas, please.

I WANT TO FUCK ZIKA-CHAN

NOW

40 other retards like you, who genuinely believe everything that shows up on the colour box in your living room.
I was trying to save some anons from looking like retards in real life, by talking about this infront of someone who actually knows how to interpret it.

My bad though, I will cease to try and help you be less retarded, enjoy looking like the disabled person in your group of friends.

>Seems like I would pick
>Genuinely believes God recently came to Earth to ask me if I want Autism or a shitty education

Wew lad, this is getting sad.

>taking threads and 4chin --this-- seriously

>presumably wastes thousands of hours of his limited life on an image board
>pretends not to care about it or the posters on it

I am laffin so hard now

me on the left

>see local news of zika
>mildly interested in what Sup Forums has to say
>reading some quips from fellow anons
>a random aussie gets triggered about a zika thread out of all things and doesnt know when to stop posting

if you wanted to win the Sup Forums thread award so badly you should have said so at the start

>Hawaii not currently affected
Wew. Doubt that'll last, we have a huge mosquito problem here due to nigger locals not knowing how to not leave stagnant water.

>hears what Sup Forums has to say
>"you are retarded for genuinely worrying about this"
>gets butthurt by this
>tries to save face by shitposting repeatedly
>tells other user to leave
>tells other user he has autism
>tells other user he takes Sup Forums too seriously

It just seems like a classic case of butthurt OP to me.

i wasn't shitposting, i was calling you out

"you are retarded for genuinely worrying about this"

>literally -no fun allowed- im the play pretend nazi mod here

when it comes to the risk of your child being a mutated stillborn freak, its better safe than sorry.

>"user you are no fun"
>"user what are you? a mod?"

Still posting? tried sitting on an icepack?

also, just because you arent concerned or immediately affected by it doesnt mean the rest of us dont care or cant have a discussion on this topic

zika has permanent health effects

>Dubz will it