Every fucking time I apply for a job, I need to spend 2 hours filling out some retarded digital form...

>every fucking time I apply for a job, I need to spend 2 hours filling out some retarded digital form, even though I have a resume and cover letter but NOBODY ACCEPTS JUST THOSE
Why is applying for jobs so FUCKING RETARDED?

Because there are billions of people on this planet and they need a way to weed out applicants so this gets rid of the mouthbreathers.

>they need a way to weed out applicants
Ahmed you dumbass that's what HR people are for. You act like no one got a job before computers. Jesus.

Wouldn't accepting personal resume's handed directly to you in an organized manner be a better mechanism than accepting them randomly on the internet where those billions of people can try to access it at the same time?

>mouthbreathers
Fuck you. I'm sick and can't breathe through my nose.

It's not going to decrease the number of job applications received by employers.
It's more work for everyone involved.
Since I have a long and impressive resume, I think they should just increase requirements instead of asking us a bunch of irrelevant questions ON TOP of sending our resume.

You don't seem to understand

The business that is hiring has hundreds of potential applicants. They set the standard for how they find the best candidate. It takes a single person maybe an hour to fill out their form. Versus their HR people spending 200 hours reading through mostly horseshit lie filled self wank resumes that don't answer the questions they need perfect clarity on.

Why should the business spend extra time and resources reading through all the aimless uncoordinated none uniform resumes when it is you who wants the job?

>live in america
>wonder why everything is retarded

SHART

your resume is still important but the forms are way more important in the early stage of the process, you are often up against hundreds of applicants. also, depending on the type of job you are applying for a resume doesn't matter at all.

It's because Millennials were never taught formatting.

guess who's pompous ass isn't getting hired, here is a hint, they are a huge faggot with the initials O.P.

You couldn't make an HR department large enough to deal with the influx of applications. Recruitment, especially for low-level work, is a game in reducing the number of viable applicants using every criteria possible, preferably automated, in order to save time and money employing HR personnel to look over applications, Tyrone Banderez.

Of course, seeing as you're probably a nigger or a dago, you've never had experience with how recruitment works aside from hanging around your local drug dealer, or being the one selected to illegally lay pavement stones on some suburbanite's patio.

Because a HUGE surplus of labour means that organizations get swamped with applicants for any positions advertised. A long ass, pointless questionnaire, aptitude tests, psychological evaluations, drug tests, 2nd, 3rd, and 4rd interviews are all by-products of a job market with a horrible supply and demand ratio i.e. we get fucked.

>It takes a single person maybe an hour to fill out their form.

It really shouldn't take applicants an extra hour per job applied to when they've already put considerable time into their own carefully-typed resume and they also need to apply for hundreds of other jobs per week in order to even have half a chance of getting a call back. On top of maybe working a part time job to make ends meet while searching for a better job. All this process accomplishes is selecting for people who find meaningless data entry to be fun.

>who's

It's true. I got fired almost 3 months ago and I haven't been able to get a job since.
It's so fucking ridiculous too, since I haven't had a gap in employment in the last 10 years that I've been out of school.
Plus, I am trying to work at places that I have already worked at before. They should have my shit on file somewhere so I can get back to work there.

You better find a job soon or your parents are kicking you out of the house.

start your own business

the internet has made the barrier to entry very low, and you have millions of customers at your disposal

you don't have to pay somebody else the bulk of your labor's value; you rise and fall on your own merits. work hard and smart and don't give up. you'll make mistakes; that's how you learn and improve

>that filename

It's you.
Nice.

Because it's easier for people like me who need to sift through 100 CVs to get down to the 5 who actually have the experience to do the job.

It's an efficient way of rooting out the morons who think good boy points are a valid form of currency

I am an adult that lives on my own and has for years, but I'm still trying my savings by being out of work continuously.
I'm having to budget super tightly to try and minimize expenses, and after 3 months, I am getting very tired of living a minimal lifestyle.

fuck me sideways this isnt ACTUALLY A RESUME that ACTUALLY GOT HANDED IN. right? right? please tell me im right..

>Apply for government job
>Get to first interview
>HR calls a few days later and says that they're interested in a second interview
>But I have to take some tests that they'll send over
>IQ test, stress test, personality test
>Get to second interview
>They're satisfied with the result, but now reveal that the job I applied for isn't real
>Interview is really for a position at PST (Norwegian equivilent of FBI)
>Pay is about 60% of what I was expecting for the job I really applied for
>Tell them to fuck off for wasting so many hours of my time with interviews and tests

Fuck these people.

If the job isn't important enough for you to spend a little time to do it their way, why in the name of dick would they hire you?

>I'm so qualified!
So qualified you cannot fill out a simple sheet of paper? The resume matters but they are not going to read every fucking one. The job application form is a means of thinning the herd so they can see who is even remotely competent enough to give a 2nd look over. You are sounding very autistic going on like this is somehow an injustice. If you cannot see why businesses do this then maybe you are not as clever as you think yourself to be.

It's why the rest of us have to itemize our work experience and education in an hour-long data entry process now.

top kek, please tell me it's real

shit but i know how it is

>Cuckadian internet cant stay up for more than 45 min at a time without crashing

>i enter all that fucking data just to have to re-enter it when the internet craps out

fuck that. last time i got a job i just took the resume in on paper and put it right in someones hand. next day they called me and said they would interview me in 2 days and all said interview consisted of was
>this is what your job will consist of
>you still want it?
>good. sign all these papers and BTW youre hired

I worked with a top of the line HR person who gave job advice to CEO people and they barely read shit.

First of all they send your resume and letter through a scanner to pluck out keywords to the job at hand.

Now this really only applies to spots to where there are mass applications.

If you want a good resume create a master one. Then tweak it for the job you are looking for. Look for job advertisements for that position then use words from the advertisement to trigger the scanner to pick your resume. That is the first big hoop and the best way to have someone read your shit.

The whole 200 question shit on computers is cancer as fuck. It is a way to find dumb lemmings to fill the ranks. The problem with this is lemmings don't learn and arnt risk takers. This leads to shit companies unless mega huge like walmart.

We truly are fucked at this rate.

T B H I would rather live in a world of colorful horsefucker resumes, than have to dig up a 5 year old reference and track them down for a shitty garbage temp job to hold me over until I can get another job in my field.

>spend a couple of hours filling out an online application form
>invited to interview
>arrive at interview
>asked to fill out a paper application form

>interview at bennies office
>passport a week or two out of date, waiting for replacement
>sorry, we can't accept that ID, this interview is over
>collect my bennies from same office a week later

Shit's retarded yo

If you weren't a retard it wouldn't take you more than about 10 minutes to input all your education and dates of previous employment. You should be tailoring resumes and cover letters to every job/place you apply to anyway, which will take some time.

>wah wah I'm spamming irrelevant shit out to anyone who's hiring and I wonder why I can't get a job
>wah wah it takes me half a day to do a small amount of data entry and I wonder why I can't get a job

Fucking useless NEET scum.

>you're lazy
>be thinned from the herd
>you're autistic
>you're stupid

We get it. You got promoted to hiring manager last month and you think that you need to look down on everyone else in order to have the attitude required to hire the correct people.

Typing ten unique cover letters per day in addition to plodding through ten of these online application forms takes hours and hours of my time. The time it takes to fill out a single application is not arbitrary.
>but you're just a lazy ass fuckhead who sits at home with nothing else to do besides watching anime and masturbating
>what else would unemployed people do, not like I'd know, hehehe

Did you not read my post, asshole? Busting my ass working "part time" driving Uber from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. Every hour I spend applying to just one job that generally won't call me back anyway, is money lost, and even if I work all day long, it's still barely enough to pay the bills. Swallow a glass of muriatic acid.

>mostly horseshit lie filled self wank resumes that don't answer the questions they need perfect clarity on.
That's what all these digital and online forms are. The personality tests too.

>Why should the business spend extra time and resources reading through all the aimless uncoordinated none uniform resumes
Why do businesses think some unscientific 1-hour-long "personality test" is a proper method to decide whose applications to look at?

It's real. Each of those tests I was sent took between 45 and 60 minutes.

Best fucking part? They couldn't go into specifics about what my tasks would be before I received a security clearance.

FUCK.OFF.

What is extremely retarded is that I was denied unemployment for no good reason.
They told me I was "easily employable" and that I could easily get a job if I wanted to, and denied me unemployment.
That was about 2 months ago and I can't get a god damn job ANYWHERE for some fucking stupid retarded reason. Makes me furious because it makes NO SENSE.
Except I have to fill out every tiny detail of my work history for the last 10 years, and there was a point where I worked 8 different jobs in less than 1 years time.
So I have to track down a bunch of random people from 5 years ago every single time I do a job application.

you fucked up m8

you could've been an insider

What retarded jobs are you applying for?

Hey, at least they didn't blacklist you.

>be 20 year old me
>looking for job
>parents tell me i should apply directly at places i want to work
>find an ok job application
>go to their office to apply
>get told i HAVE to go throuh a temp agency
>get told at temp agency i am blacklisted by that company
>temp agency blacklists me too

>uploading resumes to various job sites in order to apply for certain jobs because that's where they're posted
>suddenly 200x more spam to my email than average

Anybody else notice this? It's all caught by auto spam filters, but still annoying.

The amount of times an interviewer has said to me
>I'm surprised you've been out of work so long with this CV...
Fucking galling.

I'm shit at interviews

where the fuck is that pic from?

Companies see job applications as a way to get out of advertising fees.
VDAB (a state ran employment office) their website has only about 20% real job applications

I've gone as low now as fast food and similar retail work. Still nothing.
Interesting. Maybe I am blacklisted.
It would explain how I went from comfortable long-term employment to nothing in a matter of weeks.
I'm sure they sell our info like crazy. When they receive thousands of applications for a single position, they might as well get some money out of it.
Some random stock image from google.

Why do you have to contact people for every job application? Just contact them every couple of months checking that they're still OK to provide references - unless you have to provide the references yourself, which surely doesn't happen.

living a minimal lifestyle. lol, go see how they live in %90 of the world like India and China

I'll let you in on a little secret that some HR fag I knew a few years back told me, after I told him the story about me being offered an entirely different job than the one I applied for. He had worked in HR for Nike in the US, Holland and Norway, and knew the inside of the industry.

Something like 60% of job listings you find online is false. It's either advertisement or used to sell your personal information to third parties for profit.

The marketing value for job ads is insane. You pay something like $100 to put your ad up, and you have thousands of people writing a fucking essay about why your company is the best thing since the invention of Coca Cola. They tell their friends and family that they applied at X company, and thus the brand is spread.

This cycle just continues for a lot of companies. Some positions are real, but if they're not hiring, they'll most likely still put out job listings only for advertisement purposes.

They time how long it takes to fill out the form. If it takes to long they figure you are too stupid to hire. 2 hours sends your data right into the table named 'trash'

8 jobs in one year... guess who I don't want to put time and money into to train because they'll probably leave within a month.

This happens in the UK too. Either companies advertising themselves or recruitment agencies posting fake jobs just to get you on their books. And then there's the "jobs" that are self employed sales scams.

I almost fell for that twice.

>receive little to no junk mail
>do a spree of job applications online
>mailbox now flooded with junk mail
>inbox flooded with junk mail
>delete old email forward, get new one
>mailbox still flooded no matter how I complain to the distributors

When you apply for jobs the people you send your application to usually receive the rights to do what they please with the information you are sending, legally.

I do realize. It's just that I haven't entirely slaughtered the part of me that expects others to behave ethically.

> horsefucker

why is it always this? that guy is smart and creative and likes something, and you turn all mean.

I know a lot of ponies and very few of us have strong sexual reactions to the show.

just fucking grow up already.

>very few of us have strong sexual reactions to the show.
Protip: THAT'S THE PROBLEM.

You're a grown man stuck in a fantasy world, not growing up, not having kids or contributing to society.

Not him, but my issue isn't that there are some people sexually attracted to cartoon ponies. It's that you find entertainment from a television series created for and marketed to little girls.

You would get just as much shit if you were still into the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that was all the rage when we were little boys, and the fact that some people were jerking off to April O'Neal would just be an added disgrace.

Go ahead. Whip up a TMNT Resume, or a Power Rangers Resume, and post it on Sup Forums. See if we treat it any better than that Pony Resume.

WE need more insiders. Go back and take the job.

>lacking the attention span to complete a job application

tqfh i hope you never get a job user. people like you are an accident waiting to happen.

it amazes me how people can put their arms inside their shirt and look so unreal.

Remember when you could just walk in and get hired?

Application processes are a fucking joke.

>Remember when you could just walk in and get hired?
You mean like a Mexican or Syrian refugee? These days they ask you how much salary you want to have at job interviews after you already done what OP has done. Yeah well i want salary like Soros if we are equal.

>yfw you were actually going to get paid 200% but they were just measuring the amount of jew in you

>this entire fucking post

you retarded or something?

Maybe you are the retarded one.
Do Mexicans even speak English?

There aren't jobs like that it's to put up an image to the public

Go on Craigslist look on there for general labor job openings

Maybe you're just a retarded fuck in interviews, or maybe you just come off as cocky as you do on here.

Or maybe just maybe your resume is a steaming pile of garbage, like the majority I come across

>t. Hiring manager for a mid size software company

Too many people chasing too few jobs these days.

If you have the skills and can apply for jobs that have few applicants, the process is usually much easier. Or even better: get the skills that hardly anybody has, get yourself known and you'll be headhunted. I appreciate it's easier said than done, especially at the beginning, but that's the way it is.

Get their email. Fuck those forms

In the 90s
>Want a job
>Go to company and say you want to work
>Get a job

In the year 2016
>Want a job
>Go to company and say you want the job
>They say they don't take resumes
>Register into 4 different job seeking websites filling their own criteria to put your work experience and skills
>Some companies, after filling the form from the website, ask you to go to their own database and fill their own form
>Nobody gives a fuck about answering you or telling you if you're not qualified or why
>If someone answers (usually after 2 months or more) it's to make you do a test proving you can do the job
>Then you can go to an interview and they ask you stuff that clearly shows that the person interviewing you has absolutely no idea what she (usually it's a young woman) is talking about
>If they hire you they offer you a shitty salary and they even go ahead and tell you you'll be tested for 6months, having the ability to fire you at any time if they're not happy with you and obviously earning even less than what your normal salary will be

Won't work, those forms actually serve a purpose.

>every fucking university uses the same application website
>no way to export it and import it into the next one
FUCK YOOOOUUUUU
IT TAKES 7 HOURS TO FILL IN THESE STUPID FORMS
Seriously you need to craft the tailored cover letter on top of spending hours dropping down boxes for your various dates. Job start/finish dates, dates of birth, disability checking forms that won't even be read (I'm bisexual on all of these just in case).

So much this holy fucking shit.

Jeg tror du lyver.

What do you think a real life job is like?

They are repetitive and monotonous sometimes, gee golly do you think maybe they take that into account in their forms?

>real job
>university
Come on now.

any other tips senpai?
I will shortly be looking for a job in every western country

The answer is simple; an increasing work force (population) among an increasing automation and productivity boost.

More people than ever when fewer are needed each year.

Labour shortage. Of course this is why we must open our borders so work can be reduced to paying people in peanuts because profits just aren't high enough. :^)

>be MLP animator
>forever branded a horsefucker
A moment of silence for this kind of people

>yfw you realize VDAB is in contact with all the temp agencies and even with the people who "help you find a job"

Do you have a job? I wouldn't be surprised if you're blacklisted at one and ignored by others because you're blacklisted

Need to catch your breath there buddy?

Yes I know the reason.
Still doesn't justify the way they can afford to treat you, but that's the biggest purpose of massive immigration, treating people like third worlders.

>tfw you didn't elevate to the upper class before the country turned into a shithole

>Jeg tror du lyver.

Tro hva du vil. Utlysningen jeg hovedsakelig sokte pÄ var som okonomirÄdgiver hos Utenriksdepartementet.

Never apply online. Get an intro to the hiring manager. Even if it takes you a week, it's time better spent. Plus, whoever intros you gets a referral bonus, so they're going to ensure you at least get an interview.

So I have to spend hours of effort on making specialized application forms for different companies in order to compete with others for a chance to lose all your freedom in order to do something you actually hate? And I don't do this I am shamed?
Fuck off, this is why I'm NEET and killing myself at 30.

>work at federal agency
>about 20% of our positions are unfilled and are perfect entry level jobs
>all you need is 15 credits in statistics and above a 3.0 in college and you'll get hired

I was shocked, I thought there were no jobs for entry level grads. Apparently the HR department (100% negro) controls who makes it into the interview and their "goal" is a (((diverse))) workforce.

I thought affirmative action was a meme

Hey man leave Oscar Pistorius out of this, he dindu nuffin wrong

You could've easily gotten a raise, user.

FROM MY EXPERIENCE a lot of those jobs don't have people apply because they assume it's competitive and they won't do well vs other so why bother.

Why?

>negro
>not teen girls
What

30... interesting, I was gonna do 34 for me, 30 seems kind of young though

It's just a nice even number and the first year when I can no longer pretend to be young and still have time to fix everything.

33 from overworking myself master race.
>tfw working 10h+ daily

Go out moonman style plz

If you can't be bothered with a form, you're probably too lazy to be a good hire, or you don't want the job enough to be a good hire.

ah I see you taking the dubs way out

the funny thing is that if you survive your 30s, you start to learn that all that stuff that made you suicidal at 25 - 35 does not matter at all.

Find a job. Any job that you can stand. Find a place to live. Live your life on your terms, and you will find that all those assholes don't matter any more.

Same here. Enjoy the shit out of my life, rack up as much debt as possible, blow my brains out at 30. Fucking life slave losers staying alive slaving away paying for all of us, don't know how to cheat the system :^)
Might even shoot up a school of mudslimes when I check out and doze off to eternal slumber

so literally what I'm doing now?

I've already calculated that I will have done everything I ever wanted to do in life by 34, there's no reason to be a burden to society.