Narcos S3 General

Just finished season 3 and im impressed.

i thought it will drop in quality after pablos death, but it didnt. The pacing felt a little off sometimes but even that was not a problem at all.

what i found most interesting is that i had sympathie for both sides and was unsure who to root for. pablo himself was portrayed very charismatic, but he was just a massmurderer, it was easy to see him as a villain.
but the cali cartel didnt seem like villains, they were just businessmen, which made it harder to root for the DEA.

Overall great show, looking forward to the next season.

best show on netflix, with not much competition if you dont count documentaries like chefs table

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bc7hkM8M16A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also: why was he such a cunt?

I had my doubts abut Peña as narrator but I was pleasantly surprised.

Loving it so far. Thin Pablo is my favourite, also Pacho is the new Omar.

When he showed up I was like "why the fuck is a child there?"

he was so based

why is nobody talking about this

Whats the deal with Navegante? he looks like a white man.

It came out yesterday, not everyone watches it in one go instantly.

>which made it harder to root for the DEA.

>rooting for the DEA

What did he mean by this?

After Escobar's terror tactics I found it hard to root for him. Also, Javi is a charismatic bastard.

Which wife would you share your weekdays with?

>rooting for a terrorist who killed thousands of people and blew up a plane

he seems like a cool guy

I'm really enjoying Jorge's plot, the descent into cartel politics, backstabing and assasinations.

I think the lack of a "rising to power" segment for the cali cartel hurts the show compared to Pablo's seasons. I don't care about the villains this time.

True, but the Cali cartel characters are colorful enough to make me give a shit about them. Honestly, I think the second season spent too much time trying to humanize Pablo, almost every single episode had a scene of him spending time with his family after doing something unspeakable, it got old.

They really hit the jackpot with the intro. The music goes along so well with the imagery. Possibly my favourite opening credits of all time.

his wife was the hottest girl of the season

Go back to your shithole

bump

kys

P-plata o plomo?

bit early for these threads I guess

started a little slow (because its starting over), but picked up by E4.

The problem with S3 and beyond is that is (has to) sprawls past a few characters because of the scope of the Narco empire and enforcement. Therefore, single characters have to become personifications of entities. One guy is "Mr. CIA" another guy represents everything done by the DEA, another guy completely encompasses all the actions of the State Department. It makes it a little cartoonish at times, but still a very good story, which makes it worlds better than anything else out there

>Me everytime Navegante appears in a scene

>we need you to look, act, and talk exactly like Pablo from the previous seasons

>Rooting for drug dealers

You got a problem with blowing up planes??

He's the ultimate sperg sicario, a mastermind and autist at the same time.

SOY EL FUEGO

navegante is /ourguy/

I had this idea for a website that is like ESPN but for Mexican Cartels, and when one would kill anothers squad it'd get reported on and if someone took territory it would update the map, every cartel would get its own page with a cast of characters and I'd update it with little personal details and gossips.

The only reason I haven't done this is I don't want to die.

I was happy he survived the Pablo wars for S3 mischief. Glad the CIA guy is back too

Brb stealing your idea

I was watching tv the other day. There are 4 pablo sicarios free at the moment, 2 of them dissapeared from public life(one of those is the guy that did the bomb in the plane thing)

The other two are popeye, who has a youtube channel, and the guy responsible for all the bogota bombings, reporter was walking with him right next to the places he bombed, nobody recognizes him.

Sweet, gonna binge watch it tomorrow.

Why is Pacho being gay suddenly such a big part of his character?

literally Elblogdelnarco sans that map update

>but for Mexican Cartels, and when one would kill anothers squad it'd get reported on and if someone took territory it would update the map, every cartel would get its own page with a cast of characters and I'd update it with little personal details and gossips.

Weren't there some bloggers a while ago who wrote about Mexican cartels, and they end up being gutted (literally) and hanged from a bridge with their intestines out?

Guess the lesson is if you're gonna be a drug dealer don't have a hot wife that your boss will kill you for.
Wish someone in Columbia would have the balls to put him in the ground.

He dresses like a black guy.

We want the Buzzfeed audience

>tfw no qt colombiana gf

i don't believe anything anyone says about netflix shows here until at least a few months after they've aired because netflix are the most blatant shills the board has ever seen

so i just wait a few months and then test the waters and then torrent the show if it still sounds good

What's keeping you from torrenting the show now and deciding whether you like it or not?

sheer spite

So why did that cuck investigator think the threat was about the relationship, and not exposing it to everyone?

well most of the original netflix stuff is horrible, but Narcos is genuinely one of the best tv shows out there

best season

I really hope you guys don't fall for this shit.

WOOHOO, SEASON 3 IS OUT? I RETURNED LAST YEAR FROM HOLIDAY AND FOUND OUT ABOUT THAT SHOW, I WAS LUCKY I HAD 2 SEASONS TO WATCH. NOW I KNOW THERE'S SOMETHING TO WAIT FOR.

I 'm out now because you fuckers will spoil it.

>dubs say good
>trips say bad
I just don't know who to believe

Do CIA's always act like niggers?

>tfw no motorcycle assassin duo gfs

narcobumb

>Pascal's parents were Allende supporters, and they were involved in the opposition movement against the military dictatorship of Augusto Pinochet in Chile around the time of his birth.

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

>parents are brave cia opposers
>grow up and siphon american dollars while shitting on the cia in one of the best series of the decade
>shit on america whenever you can irl
what an alpha man

>Do CIA's always act like niggers?
CIA is a canard.
IRL CIA is contract operatives like Hasenfus
These guys aren't filing W9s as "CIA employee"

>Pascal parent's oppose free helicopter rides
>End up be in a show about free helicopter rides

Poetry...

Let me be honest here,
I know what you all thinking, but fuck Enrique, he shouldnt have called his gf, he should've known better.

Who else got hyped when Javi shows up at the Colonel's door?

t. CIA nigger

it wasn't until the gay scene that I realized that when they were introducing the Cali cartel that he was checking out the guys ass when he walked out of the jacuzzi

Because the fact that he can be openly a faggot in a society as traditional and violent as the Colombian is a testament to his power.

t. Commie Cuck

It was fine for the dance scene but what's the point of all of those subtle hints like and the scene with him and the Mexican waiter?

I was tired of pena in season 1, and him going vigilante to protect his father's ranch is gonna get old.
teared up when jorge watched him get bagged, desu. Should have just let him leave the cartel in the first place.

Because the west doesnt know how to do gay characters. They just do extremely flashy and obnoxiously long scenes to hit you over the head with it. That dance scene was so excessive, it hurt.

Can't wait for the North Valley Cartel focus, if they ever do one.

m8 what
North Valley was in shambles by the end.

Didn't they say they were doing a 4th season?

It is entertaining though, because its a story full of betrayal and bloodshed.

they're obviously going for a mexican season next. the dude that revoked pedro pascal's resignation said so.

Is it? When does the season end? Early 2000s?

I like how in the intro the woman is laying a rose on Pablos grave while next to it is the Time issue on Cali.

Newman?

>ywn see a prequel set during La Violencia
Feels malo man

The Spanish they speak in the show is so damn goofy.
I can't take them seriously, it just sounds wrong.

What's wrong with it?

aren't most of them actual spanish speakers with the odd portuguese speaker and american latinos? is it a matter of accents?

t. lisping Castilian homo

Its a mix yeah, but outside of say the guy who played Pablo or Pacho, most are Colombians.

I don't know, they emphasize the wrong syllables.
I remember in one episode one character says "video" and he puts the accent on the "deo", when the word in Spanish is literally written "vídeo", leaving no room for ambiguity.

Did they mention the whole FARC vs paramilitaries conflict that was going on during this period?

are you spanish or latin american? most of my spanish friends say the accent on the other side is very very different.

Just watch it with English subtitles, I'm Colombian and that's how I watched it.
It's much better than all the narconovelas we see every other year

As graciously pointed out, I'm a Spaniard.

Just seems to be a Columbian thing with soft starts and hard ends. Like the way he said "columbian" in the babershop scene

Yeah they touch on it a fair bit.

there were farc subplots in the first two seasons iirc, and the made a brief appearance this season, but I wouldn't say the conflict is explored on any meaningful level.

that's probably it. for what it's worth, I prefer the lisp, but your spanish accent is incredibly annoying unlike latin americans,

What about those right wing partisans?

they were in the first two seasons as well I think, again mostly as side figures used by the narcocriminals as plot devices.

Because one of them was murdered in the 2000s so I wonder if they even mentioned that in S3.

I don't remember any mention of the right wing groups in this season, but I wasn't paying particular attention to that and it's easy to miss things when you binge watch. still, if it's there, it's no more than a footnote.

RIP
youtube.com/watch?v=Bc7hkM8M16A

Rip Fluffy

Why people do not give him enough credit from saving Colombia from the clusterfuck of the 80s and the 00s.

He is the one deserving of a Nobel Peace Prize, not Santos with his phony "peace" with the FARC.

Expected Javi to bang the blonde chick