New French rifle is the German HK416

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/08/30/breaking-next-french-infantry-rifle-german-heckler-koch-reportedly-wins-french-aif-rifle-competition/

I honestly think they choose the best weapon even tho I wish they made a french rifle but don't ask too much to our stupid politicians.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AGwkHktkTxU
youtu.be/M9-KnrvJ7Qc?t=57
youtu.be/STPaycKcXJw?t=9m11s
sadefensejournal.com/wp/?p=2975
youtube.com/watch?v=sXvUtvC7nxs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is the FAMAS being phased out? :(

Why do you care, are you in the army?
take this shit to /k/

thats an AR 15

We care because our previous governments decided to destroy our small arms industry

Might as well buy German weapons since your just going to give it back to them when your army surrenders.

Hahaha
I must admit i'm shaking from rage, but i guess it's to be expected that due to the demographics change we become subject to foreign nations and cannot maintain sovereignty
Hahaha time to emigrate hahaha France is dead hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Kek, had one in the army.
It feels and operate just like any other M16 but is like 3 times more expensive.
Good ausländer

haha i'm french and i laughed to this you see we have humor too xD

Along with your country so I wouldn't worry too much froggy

>buying muslim-made guns

Makes sense to me

The FAMAS was too difficult to use at the bataclan. The frenchies learned from their mistake and now they're buying guns that the freedom fighters are used to.

Francuck

So same as what the U.S. is working with?

>tfw the Clinton-Merkel NATO super-state is getting all it's personnel and equipment aligned uniformly

Whose first to get rekt? The U.K.?

Yeah, just don't come here Achmed. We don't need anymore tourists getting stabbed.

Is there a particular point in developing new rifles? I mean, there doesn't seem to be anything revolutionary about them compared to older rifles, so I find it hard to imagine it would be worth the cost to replace their entire arsenal of rifles, if the difference is only marginal.

>I honestly think they chose the best weapon

Nope, not even close. The best gun in that competition was definitely the Sig MCX. The SCAR was superior as well.
The HK416 was selected through lobbying and corruption, as usual, and that shit is going to cost us a fortune.

They were too proud to test the M4A1.

>He thinks anyone can out jew the H&K memes.

>Is there a particular point in developing new rifles?
Yes

>I find it hard to imagine it would be worth the cost to replace their entire arsenal of rifles
Correct, especially at the rates companies sell shit to governments.

Well, selling submarines and planes and boats makes more money I guess.

France is a small country on the world scale, it's better to be good at some things than mediocre at everything. That's the global tendency of the world market.

Gendarmerie
improved AR15
t.mad burger, sorry but keep you're m16 and m4 while we go for superior german engineering
it's not a big deal, german do good stuff, car for example

Nah, that gun lost out to the M4A1. It had less minor failures but more major failures requiring an armorer during testing. The M4A1 was kept.

>Obnoxious quad rails
>Improved

>The FAMAS was too difficult to use at the bataclan

we are using that gun sinse the 70's genius bataclan has nothing to do with the famas replacement
retard

Nah I know fully well we can't do shit against HK and the Deutsch qualitat meme. Most people in France are convinced anything made in Germany is the best in the world, be it a gun or a car, just because it's made in Germany and sold at a crazy price.

Here is a good example :

youtube.com/watch?v=AGwkHktkTxU

American TV endorses this weapon

youtu.be/M9-KnrvJ7Qc?t=57

Everything is constantly getting better. New materials and construction techniques will always appear.

>France has to chose the "Infantry weapon of the future"
>picks a german ripoff M4 wich itself is only a short M16A2, designed in the end 70'

kek

RIP le Clarion ;_:

>We have ze best gun in ze world
>Plastic cracks in the sun, gun falls apart.

While HK may make good guns, they are ridiculously expensive, and also the 416 really hasn't got much of anything over the famas, it still fires the same bullet, it still fires it at the same speed, and reliability is still similar..
It doesn't function the same way the m16 has a gas impingement system, while the HK has a gas piston system.

>Create EU
>Pissed that you buy things of another country instead of yours
Pick one frogs

Frogs should have bought our arx160 instead .

You should have think twice before buying f35. We would have buy scar if you bought Rafale

Don't take my word for it because lolnoguns, but I'd imagine that wear and tear on current stock would necessitate replacement every x years. Once it gets to the point where a replacement is near, surely it's more cost effective to put the contract out for tender and have companies compete over offering the best tech for the price as a replacement? Compared to repairing all of the current stock anyway.

That or it's just part of the regular military dickwaving
>Hurr my rifle is newer than yours

>bullpup was too difficult to use in confined space
Retarded swede, I bet you work for DICE on BF1

then how come none of the guys at the bataclan used it? that's right, because they thought it was too difficult to use
they had to buy foreign weapons online instead, that's not very welcoming of you, jean-pierre

I know, you already did that in the seventies, when we bought F16 instead of your mirage, so you decided to build your own FAMAS instead of buying our FNC's.

But I'm not especially complaining because you didn't bought the SCAR, it's your loss. Swiss arms, HS products and Beretta were all better than the HK german jews

>buying f35

416 is probably the best rifle on the market right now. Would be cool is they went for the 417 and bring back battle rifles.

>>tfw superior sig 553

Heckler & Cuck?

maybe because the first to arrive were cops with cops weapons and not assault rifles ? DUH
you are an imbécile

Rafale or F35...Both are overpriced shit when all you do with it is bomb retarded sandniggers

>GIGN and BRI only use assault rifles for close quarter
kill yourself dumbfuck, most of those units use a lot of diferent weapons because in close quarter 9mm or pdw calibers will do just fine, no units of that type in the world use ARs, its just overkill.

Does that mean that you guys can finally use 5.56mm rounds with the same load as everyone else?

Fucking called it!

Have fun with your essentially piston ARs France.

>standard issuing a bullpup gun
Glad you woke up, France

The French are going to be extremely pissed off when those pencil thin barrels melt

Same as Norway chose a few years ago... but 5.56 really is way to small - way to little stopping power

Should have chose HK417 as the main rifle

Is 7.62 really better against military grade kevlar?

It's better against everything. Only downside is added weight of ammo to carry around

Then why do most armies standard issue the 5.56? Hell, even Russians use 5.45

>tfw superior Valmet's & SAKO's

When will this meme die?

What fucking difference does a few kilograms make when you're already lugging around +50kg?

Answer; Absolutely none.

T: Jaeger

>HK G416
I think that's what we're getting too to replace the G36.

ever tryed to fire a full auto m14 ? 5.56 is superior because the average human being can properly manage the weapon

>Is 7.62 really better against military grade kevlar?
No, both will penetrate soft body armor but both will be stopped by good plates

>It's better against everything. Only downside is added weight of ammo to carry around
That's completely false.

7,62 has only and only two advantages over 5,56, range and penetration of light cover, that's all

When the Americans first adopted the 5.56 in the 1960s, the loading and bullet weight were different than the current NATO 5.56 round which allowed it to yaw and fragment at shorter ranges.

When 5.56 was adopted as the NATO cartridge in the 70s, a European loading was used because it was felt the wounds inflicted by the M16A1 in Vietnam were grotesque.

Fast forward to Afghanistan/Iraq in the early-mid 2000s and the new 5.56 ammo was effectively passing through insurgents without fragmenting.

What are you talking about? The cops didn't come first, the freedom fighters did. Were the freedom fighters using FAMAS? No, stop being so intolerant with your fancy bullpup rifles

Let's say WW3 breaks out, and country X suddenly shows up in their new Titanweave Flexicermaic Megadope Armor Mk. V

What caliber will be apt for the job?

>baguette thinks full auto is useful for anything else than trench cleaning, at which point aiming is redundant
>baguette thinks 7.62 kicks hard

Range and penetration is important you fucking non-country.
youtu.be/STPaycKcXJw?t=9m11s

7.62 has been supplanted by 6.5 for long range shooting in the USA anyway. Flatter trajectory.

By your definition my .22 rifle is an AR-15 because it looks just like one.

's that way l'ami

>It's better against everything. Only downside is added weight of ammo to carry around

Oh yeah sure it's important for the basic grunt to be able to shoot his ennemies 800m instead 600 through 1cm more thicker cover, stupid fingol

meant to quote
>Range and penetration is important you fucking non-country.

HK416 is german version of M4 wich is basically an assault AR15 so he isn't totally wrong

Depends on how good it is, senpai.
Unless a major breakthrough on the level of smokeless powder appears in body armor technology, the usual rounds will still be effective for all intents and purposes. What usually kills someone in a regular war is suppression, artillery, grenades and air support. Not just the rifle.

What have we become my old nemesis, what have we become.

It is, you mouth breather. If you'd ever fired a gun you'd know it.

Actually the guys stationed in Afghanistan complained that they weren't able to shoot attackers across the valley at distances of up to 1km while the Taliban didn't have that problem. They also reported that many of those shot with 5.56mm got up and had to be shot again.

They have .22LR BCGs and barrels so yes it can still be an AR15 chambered in .22

Kys

>HK416 is german version of M4
Not really, it's means of operation is a piston while the AR-15 in general uses DI.
A good quantity of parts aren't interchangeable between a regular US army M4 and an HK416.

I'll stick with our future lego rifles

I've heard war stories of people having to shoot negro combatants several times with the 5.56 (they kept living after being shot and did not fall) while the 7.62 G3 blew them away with one shot, or at least made them fall over before dying. Its only hearsay from army dudes though.

>pencil
That's the problem with combat. A combat rifle is good for combat within 100-250yards. It sucks for house clearing and it sucks for distance shooting. You want a larger caliber with more power behind it if you want to take out people from 300+. If they are engaging that far away, they should be issuing half of those soldiers with .308s

Fair enough.

Is that the new FAMAS?

Good decision goy
Im sure this gun won't be wo shitty like the g36

Seriously tho, it's a real nice gun you guys get there

The article also said that some soldiers got the old G3's back that were still in storage because they shoot 7.62x54mm NATO.

yes, but they dropped the "AS"

Ask any combat medic, 5,56 make wounds just as lethal as 7,62 (I'm talking 7,62x39 here, not 7,62x51 nato).
Also I doubt the storie of talibans being more effective at 1000m range with soviet surplus AK than western soldiers

They're cuties, and I am new to guns. what are they?

50.cal

sadefensejournal.com/wp/?p=2975

It's funny being in the Air Force and seeing all these armchair ballistic experts here argue about bullets.

>battle rifle
>5.56

huh?

Glad they're dropping the bullpup meme. That fad seems to be ending rapidly.

Although, isn't the HK416 pretty expensive? If they're ever in a situation where they're actually threatened it doesn't seem like they'd be able to put out a lot of them.

probably just a case of the writer being mildly retarded

There is absolutely nothing wrong with bullpup.

>reloading is slow

No it isn't.
youtube.com/watch?v=sXvUtvC7nxs

We're getting them too to replace the G36, so they will have to turn out a lot of them, plus spare parts for maintenance.

The price is a different one if you order as a military. Military specs aren't even close to civilian ones. That's why civilian market guns are always way more expensive.

>There is absolutely nothing wrong with bullpup.
I aim with my left eye.

Yes there is

>rear heavy
>blows half your face off in the case of a catastrophic failure
>offers a solution to a problem that doesn't exist

>ak mag release
>superior

piss off

rk62 is the best weapon in the world

He's not wrong when you want to expand the conversation, yeah. There is literally no difference between these guns to most people though. Leftys think and assault weapon is an AR-15.

I like DI much more than piston operated AR's, I think we should have come up with something new.

However, the HK design has a few advantages:

-can be put on safe when not cocked
-firing pin is springloaded (prevents dinging the first round again and again if you dont use it and unload the weapon again; this can lead to misfires or discharges)