Meme drive is real, passes peer review

>EmDrive: Nasa Eagleworks' paper has finally passed peer review, says scientist in the know

>An independent scientist has confirmed that the paper by scientists at the Nasa Eagleworks Laboratories on achieving thrust using highly controversial space propulsion technology EmDrive has passed peer review, and will soon be published by the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA).

ibtimes.co.uk/emdrive-nasa-eagleworks-paper-has-finally-passed-peer-review-says-scientist-know-1578716

All white Proxima B colony when?

Other urls found in this thread:

translate.google.de/translate?hl=de&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.golem.de/news/em-drive-der-warp-antrieb-muss-noch-warten-1606-121641.html
tjjs.casic.cn/ch/reader/create_pdf.aspx?file_no=20160220&flag=1&journal_id=tjjs&year_id=2016
youtube.com/watch?v=Rbf7735o3hQ
youtu.be/Rbf7735o3hQ?t=3m57s
youtube.com/watch?v=dEaecUuEqfc888
youtube.com/waitch?v=TttHkDRuyZwjl
youtube.com/watch?v=wRsGPq77X0Q8
pastebin.com/iAWRb7Mx
sciencealert.com/this-new-hypothesis-could-explain-why-the-controversial-em-drive-works
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Could someone explain the technology in 2-3 concise green-coloured sentences for me?

I remember reading about this once before

Also, 1.2 mN/kW

>shiggy

i knew choosing aerospace engineering as university was a good choice :^)

This please

Translate

(((Einstein))) BTFO

basically propelling yourself with microwaves that get reflected in a bell-like structure untill they provide thrust.

It literally just needs voltage to function.

*Newton

On Earth you move by pushing against the Earth. In the air, a plane moves by pushing against the air. In space, there's nothing to push against. So you gotta carry stuff with you and throw it out the back if you want to move (rockets throw fuel out the back to move forward).

Because fuel is heavy, our space rockets only have enough to give us a push toward the place we want to go. So if we want to go to Mars from Earth orbit, the rocket shoots JUST enough fuel to let us drift there. But getting a big push and then drifting there takes a LONG time.

The EM Drive is special because it can move in space WITHOUT throwing anything out the back of it. You just need electricity.

So instead of getting one big push at the start of your trip to Mars and drifting the rest of the way, the EM Drive gives you a very small constant push that will push you all the way to your destination. Since Mars is so far away, this constant little push ends up being MUCH faster and cheaper and carrying more stuff.

> falling for the peer review meme

Seems like no one can explain how or why this violates conservation of momentum though

All the results so far seem pretty doubtful, i.e. explained by other spurious effects

>engine generates microwave light using electricity
>microwaves reflect off of a bell-like structure
>engine produces thrust

i.e. as long as you have electricity you will have a means to accelerate or generate thrust

It doesn't. It works by interference patterns in the EM radiation making magnetic modes. The momentum gained is equal to the lost efflux.

Interesting but what about what that guy in a wheelchair wants to do. You know get push by a laser?is that a better idea?

It has been proven wrong. Peer review my ass!

>translate.google.de/translate?hl=de&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.golem.de/news/em-drive-der-warp-antrieb-muss-noch-warten-1606-121641.html

>tjjs.casic.cn/ch/reader/create_pdf.aspx?file_no=20160220&flag=1&journal_id=tjjs&year_id=2016

where are proof

your flag is sideways

just for the illiterate pol-browsers, in the article I linked, they were able to measure thrust in a specific direction, even when the totally tilted the engine - which even you might find strange.
The whole thrust came from the magnetic field around a cable - so it wouldn't work in space at all.

>Drive converts electrical energy into microwaves (light) projects them out the back end and generates thrust
>nobody thought it would work
>some hermit/scientists said it did and got them to test it

it doesn't, people were just yelling that when it wasn't confirmed by peer review, because, let's be hones, we're so jaded by false discoveries that we're skeptical whenever we hear of any important breakthrough.

>magnetic field around a cable - so it wouldn't work in space at all

wut

magnets work in space dude

magnets!? how do they work?

So even though there's a small push the entire way (in space) you would continue to gain speed the entire trip, correct?

When something is accelerating (speeding up in one direction or changing direction at the same or higher forward velocity), in it's own frame of reference, it will get warmer.

This change in warmth is (in simplified terms) "blackbody radiation". The longer the wavelength of BBR, the "cooler" the radiation.

What the article seems to be saying is that because the acceleration imparted by the microwave radiation is so immeasurably small, and because the wavelength of heat it would generate would be physically impossible in this universe, instead of that acceleration being expressed as an increase in warmth (BBR), it becomes "quantized" as a change in the object's inertia (the object gains "movement"/"push" in a certain direction).

Ostensibly, doing this at a high frequency would manifest a measurable change in inertia/acceleration.

I.e. if this work then all you need to move around Solar System very fas (compared to todays speed) is ships with nuclear fission/fusion engines to produce electricity.
I beg Kek for this to work.

Conservation of matter/energy you mean? It does require electricity, but since its output is electromagnetic waves, it's battery power doesn't require as much fuel as a rocket booster. We can easily generate more electricity in space using solar power from the sun. It's a much easier to generate power than it is to make rocket fuel in space, making this engine a real breakthrough.

Also a weapon of mass destruction.

those were the results of previous tests right? We already knew that, surely that paper will tell us something else

Yep, this space train would have no brakes

i pray it doesn't work. the jewish parasite must be confined to this god-forsaken planet.

Imagine the universe as a forest, patrolled by numberless space-jews. In this forest, stealth is survival – any ayylmaos that reveal their location are prey.

yes

no, that were the results of a different team (specialized in µN forces). Two external teams have now disproven the results.

Good think Lockheed is working on a small fusion reactor.

Any intelligent race could exterminate jews without a problem.

>Generates electromagnetic waves
>powered via electricity and memes
>propels itself with no reaction mass because AFSFASDASGFASFASF which is a natural reaction due to GJEGURHFJRJ law

Well shit. How do they explain that? Something must be off if you can't control the direction of thrust.
I was thinking that maybe it interacted with ambient magnetic fields too before. I didn't know there was a cable.
I don't understand any of this desu...

Just voltage? Not even current? So this thing could run without power loss? I find that hard to believe.

the engine was pushed in thrust direction away from the magnetic field of a cable. You would need a cable connection your space ship and the earth for your idea.
or pic related

the paper passed peer review you niggertit, that doesn't mean the memedrive works.

The paper doubtlessly proves the memedrive is a big metal Jew and the chinks who tested it were morons

You'd just have to throw your lunch next to the engine for a few minutes to heat it up! Astronaut hotpockets!

The how the fuck would you get it to stop?

You don't want to crash land to your destination

starting now too?

>So if we want to go to Mars from Earth orbit, the rocket shoots JUST enough fuel to let us drift there.
TIL

I didnt know space travel was like that

>the copter never stops
>infinite coptering nomad race

yep, suspected it was this all along. repelling a nearby magnetic field, all newton's laws are safe

Spin and reverse thrust at half way, perhaps? Have you ever read any sci fi?

Costs thousands of dollars for every pound of weight sent into orbit so of course it needs to be cost effective

yeah I meant it's not from that peer review paper, if it ever exists and isn't full of memes

Which we should be though. It's good to be extremely skeptical until a claim has been backed up and checked

The cable was nearby and the engine wasn't shooting out a beam of pure meme energy from its nozzle, the whole unit was being repelled by a nearby magnetic field from some equipment

so can we travel with it to alpha centauri?

Doesn't the entire ship stop the moment the engine turns off??

>Pakistani education

You're assuming this would work like a compass? If so, then simply would need two cables, since Electromagnetic waves are not locked to objects and instead pass through them, there would be no resistance generated against the engine since thrust is reliant on microwaves.

Who needs colony drops when we have meme drives?

I advise you to read Honorverse books, there ships move exactly like that - speed up, then spin and speed up to opposite side until they stop.

Science is really fucked up now
What happens when you let people from bangalore get a grant

It's not real because kek hasn't blessed this particular meme drive.

>bring two EM drives
>have one facing the opposite direction
>turn it on to cancel out force of the other in frictionless environment

Some guy made one at home

youtube.com/watch?v=Rbf7735o3hQ

So its essentially like reverse Solarsales just that the particles are harnessed in a magnetic field like pattern?

all of science is based on lies because all scientists are financially motivated to pass their own work and peer reviews don't matter, science is a jew myth

t. Sup Forums

Too much energy would be required to do something like this

Just look up what hawkin and co did some weeks ago they send a small chip with laser thrust towards some star cluster couple eternitys away

Weight of about 0,003g or something and they had to use a really strong one for it to work

But to be fair our laser tech is crap atm

>EmDrive

here's when he actually turns it on

youtu.be/Rbf7735o3hQ?t=3m57s

He has been BTFO for a while.
QM
youtube.com/watch?v=dEaecUuEqfc888
Electricity8
youtube.com/waitch?v=TttHkDRuyZwjl
"Gravity" Black Holes
youtube.com/watch?v=wRsGPq77X0Q8

pastebin.com/iAWRb7Mx

best bait this week

>You will never be buried on an alien planet
Why even die?

Not that fact that you need an additional cable is correct, but the fact that you WOULD NEED A FUCKING POWER OUTLET WITH IT! AND A WALL AROUND THAT OUTLET. AND A HOUSE. AND THE FUCKING EARTH ATTACHED TO IT.... RRREEEEEEEEE

oh, I also drew a nice looking graphic to explain the force (red), coming from a fucking cable. I know it's too simple, but here you go.

>real
>defies all known models of physics

it's basically some shit about resonating that creates thrust/motion, but it's not real

It's looking good so far, but reminder that no one "actually" knows why this works - there's a few theory's but it still has all the scientists scratching their heads. The experiments so far show that it works, but on paper the numbers don't add up.

One of the theories I read about today was that it is actually exploiting a "bug" in the universe. I don't even understand 1% of it, but due to something called black body radiation - it's attempting to produce a wavelength larger than the universe, which isn't allowed. As a result, the universe is sort of doing a "rounding error calculation" and converting the wave length into something that's "allowed", aka momentum and that's why it goes. Sounds like fucking magic to me, but apparently some scientists think this is actually what might be happening so who knows.

>tfw possibly the only major achievement since ww2

possible proof that we live in a simulation?

The universe is such a complicated thing as a whole, that the more I read on the subject the more nihilistic I turn every day

>rounding error

So we're in a Matrix simulation.

---

I think the EM drive is just using anti-gravity propulsion or something. Lockheed knows what's up since they have Ayycrafts from Rosewell that used gravity propulsion.

It's crazy to think their could be a God of some sort that designed this universe. really makes you think

>white
better hurry up
facebook com/developspacesa/

>the more nihilistic I turn every day

I want off this ride...

pure motherfucking magic

>tfw intergalactic space jews

>What is the Internet
>What are supercomputers
>What is space exploration
>What are particle accelerators
>What is stem-cell research

except that this God is a group of advanced humans that built a computer

>start meme drive up out of orbit
>work it up to a relativistic speed
>crash into target

Yes, but only if you shutdown the atoms

Are you the deactivated atoms guy?

sciencealert.com/this-new-hypothesis-could-explain-why-the-controversial-em-drive-works

You can read more about it here. I don't pretend to understand it.

I wanna podrace with one. for those of you that dont know this thing is only capable of incredible speeds in a vacuum and cant vector or steer. it would be good for maybe sending jettison launch junk away from our orbit

If you've seen planetes or played kerbal space program, you can rotate the ship using some method like rcs thrusters and then start applying force from the the engine in the direction of your trajectory to slow down.

Portable fusion power is a meme.

Fusion generates more neutron radiation than fission and thus requires retarded amounts of shielding by comparison. Something like 50% of all particles radiating out of a fusion reaction are neutrons.

And no, Helium-3 is a fucking meme too at this point. It requires producing temperatures in the tens of millions of degrees range. And it still produces about 25% of it's particle emissions as neutrons.

>bell like structure

>humans

I hope this shit gets patched. No more meme drives 4U

>nazis develop EM drive
>Third Reich about to be overrun by ruskies and burgers
>nazi scientists build space craft with said EM drive
>they flee to another planet

Nazi return to Earth when?

makes sense they would simulate their past or an alternate universe

Yeah I've looked into the EM-drive thing. As you said, I don't understand even 1% of the science involved either, but somehow it seems to work, so why not research the matter some more.

That explanation would basically mean
"Copenhagen interpretation confirmed"

Which confirms that we're living in the Matrix.

>syrian education

Unless it can generate real speed in a short amount of time I couldn't give less of a shit.

We already have slow output engines for satellites and other stuff like that.

So the first step towards a nuclear powered space ship. Great.

only if you activate your almonds

Source for universe bug? I'm intrigued but terrified.