The Wall isn't magic, the White Walkers just didn't have anything big enough to knock it down with

>The Wall isn't magic, the White Walkers just didn't have anything big enough to knock it down with

BRAVO HACKS!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/E6XNRVKP-es?t=7m23s
youtu.be/OjJuZCECRu4?t=10s
youtu.be/uU0DNCV22dU?t=1m23s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

CHECKED

Azor Jon!

the wall is magic. they literally say that in the show

Why didnt the white walkers just create an ice bridge over the wall?

If the wall wasn't magic the would have just broken down the doors and passed through, geek.

>so much gets
What is happening in this thread

He is dressed as if a member of the Order of the Dragon.

Coincidence?

Okay. Then how did they knock this magic wall down?

We will rebuild the wall and the NK will pay for it

there's a fucking bridge on the other side of the wall called the bridge of skulls. if the wall isn't magic then they could have just used the fucking bridge

With a magic beast.

.....with magic. dragons are magic. you fucking idiot

D&D literally said you're wrong, and that they just needed something big enough to knock it down. Stop trying to defend them, they don't want your help.

With magic fire from a magic creature that was magically resurrected? I DUNNO

I would let her spit on my face and drown me on her piss if you catch me drift

what did he mean by this

When?

>The Wall has kept these things out for 8 thousand years, there's no real reason it can't keep doing that, unless something puts a hole in the wall. There's one thing on the board that's now big enough to do that, and that's a dragon
youtu.be/E6XNRVKP-es?t=7m23s

Where exactly does he say it has anything to do with magic? Where? Please, let me into your autistic reddit headcanon world. STOP DEFENDING BAD WRITING! WHAT DO YOU STAND TO GAIN FROM THIS?

In the 'Inside the Episode' for the season finale.

>Where exactly does he say it has anything to do with magic? Where?

The show and the books.

It's this a leak?
Where is this from?

Dan Weiss says that in the books? What page?

The guy who wrote the episode says the dragon broke the wall because it was big, literally fucking says it in the video featured in the comment you are responding to, and yet you still defend him. He says nothing about Dragonfire negating the magic in the wall. This is something that exists ONLY IN YOUR HEAD! Why are you defending D&D to such an autistic degree? What's in it for you?

I meant that I would brush my teeth with her menstrual fluid

It's already been stated multiple times that dragons are magic beings. They managed to come back into the world because magic was stronger. Anything dragons do, it's magic

WATCH THE VIDEO YOU NIGGER!

wasn't there dragons in large numbers only one generation before the start of the story? why couldn't they breach the wall then?

>Everyone disagreeing with me is autistic
>What exact page in the books does it say giant flying lizards breathing fire are magical

You need to chill. What do you normally do, take your shoes off? Do the Evangeline Lilly eye and ear thing? What ever it takes to calm your aspi self, just do it and don't come back till you're semi functional again.

Okay, sweet pea, I posted a video that you are evidently not watching in which the man who wrote the episode clearly and unambiguously that you are wrong. Maybe in the books it will be different, but Dan fucking Weiss just stated that the dragon was able to knock down the Wall not because of its magic, but because of its size. Watch the video. It takes less than a minute.

Can you not just admit that this was EASILY the best season of Game of Thrones so far? Why is this so hard for you?

Except it literally is a magical barrier, otherwise they would just walk/swim around the edges.

>justturnyourbrainofffam.exe

1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 7 > 5 > 6

BY KEK

fucking kill yourself

season ranks go

1 > 3 > 2 > 4

MASSIVE POWER GAP

5 > 6

LITERAL SHIT TIER

7 was boring, a little irritating at times. Seasons 5 and 6 are probably some of the worst TV I've ever seen though.

I don't give a shit what that dude's headcanon is

>not making a giant wrecking ball with their bodies like Antz

>Targ Dragons had been getting smaller/weaker/more deformed from generations of being chained up
>the entire continent south of the wall was for better or worse united
>for all we know NK could have been waiting for his powers to charge, or for him to gather enough helpers, or for the perfect shitstorm of a winter in 1000's of years

Best time to ever strike if you're gonna do it pretty much since the various wars have drained mostly all of the armies of Westerios and everyone still alive hates each other to much to make a united front against him.

If theres not a certain amount of time that someone can have been dead before the NK can't resurrect them then the white walkers could literally just stroll south and gain 10's of thousands more from every battle.

Nice quads, but it's well established that dragons themselves have magic properties, so it makes sense they could rip through the walls magic

idiot

czechia

soooo close...

a shop from the Dracula movie where the guy has that armor

if they could go underwater to wrap the dragon up in chains, then why can't they just walk around the wall like in Pirates of the Caribbean?

good one

They have giants and mammoths though. They could have just used to Giants to rocket wights over the wall. They could have used the mammoths to ram the wall until they made a hole or at least ram one of the doors. It's an even dumber plan to wait for a dragon because now they have competition. If they crossed before they would instantly win.

If this season didn't make you drop the show for good, you pretty much just enjoy eating shit.

Or we just realize there are 6 episodes left and stopping now isn't doing much.You watched 67 episodes but can't stomach 6 more? Weak.

>They could have just used to Giants to rocket wights over the wall
Destroys the wights

>They could have used the mammoths to ram the wall until they made a hole
it's too thick

>or at least ram one of the doors
They can seal the tunnels

>be within a stone's throw of the sea
>enslave dragon to pew pew the wall
>not just build a bunch of boats and quietly paddle past

>The absolute state of showfags

how the fuck did you not make the connection between magic and dragons being alive?

it's literally spelled out in s2 by the warlocks.

Wait. Did they really reuse this armor?

> Destroys the wights
Wights only die with fire, dragon glass and valeryon steel. Landing in snow shouldn't kill them. If may break them into pieces but they'll just crawl and nibble people to death.

> it's too thick
T H I C C. Nah, They have had hundreds of years. They could have made it.

> They can seal the tunnels
that is true.

Bran being touched the the Night King will probly inconsequential from now on as well.

Are you retarded...?

No.

The last episode is Bran and the Night King in court and Judge Salsa is asking Bran where the Night King touched him, demonstrating on a doll.

>either crawl and nibble your way to King's Landing or spend hundreds of years tearing down the wall

ineffective

No, after you kill the people at that watch station. Turn them into wights. Open the door and let the rest in. Problem solved.If they can swim and connect big ass chains around a dragon and pull him out of ice, they can unlock a door.

Jesus don't have a heart attack you kike. We need autists like you to keep pointing out the obvious.

It's called photoshop, user.

>D&D did nothing wrong

6 wasnt nearly as bad as 5.

They used photoshop to make Jon's new armor?

They couldn't climb over the wall because of the magic. They had to destroy the magic by destroying the wall.

Agreed. I fucking got sick to my stomach when 7x6 came out but the show is still highly watchable.

That makes 0 sense.
> "It's a magic barrier that kills wights if they try to cross"
> "How do we get past it?"
> "Ummmm, Just break it"

They destroyed it with dragonfire, which is clearly magic. The wall is magic, you just need something magical to bring it down.

Yes, the even reused the same background and had an extra wear the same costume as in the Dracula movie.

It only makes sense if Bran is the NK. Personally I think (hope) that the NK is a red herring for Cersei/Euron/Mad-Dany

I marathoned 1-5 and started watching week to week with season 6. They traded quality for hype. They used to be able to put 2 characters in a room alone and have a fierce war of words. Scenes with no physical action, just verbal sparring were amazing. Now it's gone to the old tv plot of "punch it till it's dead". Literally, all their problems are gonna be solved in the exact same way. Stabbing and punching. Shows for meat heads now.

that's a big dog

You're probably right but I'm still hoping for a S8 twist end villain like Euron. Pretty much the only way I'm ever gonna keep my HBO sub/buy GoT after its over.

Wight Walkers are also magic though. Children of the forest are Magic. Bloodraven was magic. Cold hands were magic. None could break past the wall, but dragon fire can? If dragon magic is so powerful that it can easily break the wall, how can the Night King one shot a dragon?

It's a magic barrier built into the wall. By destroying the wall you destroy the barrier.

Maybe wights couldn't even touch it without being killed, so they weren't able to destroy it until they got a dragon who could deal tons of damage from a distance.

At no point in neither the books nor the show has it been established that Dragonfire would negate the magic in the Wall.

> you just need something magical to bring it down.
This is a rule you just made up. And again, the man who wrote the episode is literally shown in a video that aired immediately after episode saying that the White Walkers just needed something big enough to take down the wall. Why are you denying this simple reality?

Ice magic isn't effective on an ice wall. He needed fire magic.

Why did the NK not just start building ships a couple centuries ago?

They introduced the 'Kill a walker and all the wights die" thing this season. I"m assuming that was the only purpose of this season as well as to put all the "good" guys on one team. They could have done that in 3 or 4 well-paced episodes, instead, we got what we got. If the Night King doesn't speak or do something other than start a killing spree and die, then this entire show was a waste of time. I don't own HBO. I just download the episodes individually as they come out. It's the only thing on HBO I watch and they don't care to write good content so why pay for it?

You say that, but I'm pretty sure Bengin told Bran that the magic goes deep under the wall. So destroying the top part of the wall still wouldn't let the wights through.

>Maybe wights couldn't even touch it

Maybe not. And maybe dragonfire could break it. And maybe ravens can fly at a rate of 800 miler per hour. The problem is, none of this was established. If the White Walkers can't touch the Wall, then the show should fucking say so. It's not hard. The viewer should not be forced to invent ways for the show to make sense.

Wasn't that dragon using ice magic though? The wall wasn't melting, it seemed like it was breaking apart like it was being pelted with high powered ice.

Yeah. Ships of ice. Ice floats on water. They could have made it past centuries ago uncontested.

Oh right, they could've build boats to ferry their army just past the wall. Why didn't they do that ? It seems they have some advanced ice tech, I'm sure they could've built a bunch of boats for their UD army. Never thought about that one.

No, the show is good. You're just stupid. Clearly what is happening is that Quaith and the Children of the Forest are manipulating time, which explains why everyone seems to be teleporting. The Night King knew that Dragonfire negated the magic in the wall. They said so in a scene I made up. The show is perfect. Flawless. The best thing on television.

Exactly. Even better, show and not tell. Like when Sam killed that Walker with dragon glass and they learned that dragon glass can kill wights. They should have had a Walker or wight chase someone up to the wall and deconstruct like at Bloodraven's cave. They had several opportunities to do that.

I swear screenwriters are getting really lazy. How hard is it to tell a cohesive story?

5 was the worst. Barristan dying was the single worst scene in the whole show.

Something about the field generated by a living organism. Nothing dead will go.
I didn't build the fucking thing!

its a magic wall, it needs magic to be destroyed, dragons are magic

Friendship is also magic.

To be fair, that wall is one of the most bullshit constructs in the entire show and it's only right it gets taken down in a bullshit way.

>dragons are magic

So are the White Walkers. If it's as simple as, "a magic thing is needed to break another magic thing" then what is the fucking problem?

Why didn't they just walk around the wall? It barely went out into the sea

Why didn't they just stack themselves up and form a ladder?

youtu.be/OjJuZCECRu4?t=10s
youtu.be/uU0DNCV22dU?t=1m23s

how would the white walkers have destroyed the wall then? i dont think those ice javelins will have the intended effect

i dont think the white walkers have any friends

> youtu.be/uU0DNCV22dU?t=1m23s
exactly

Cold world indeed

It took out a full grown dragon in one shot. Are ice javelins hard to make? I imagine with an undead army that never rests you could easily put them into an assembly line of making/throwing ice javelins. Might take a little while, but it's better than sitting around for 1000 years