youtube.com/watch?v=udWx9jKVcj8
youtube.com/watch?v=u_hI0wrGBBA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's great.

It's not, Britshits can't make good TV

The type of comedy that makes you go
>hmm that was clever

>Americans
>Trying to understand the innate non-aspirational nature of British sitcoms about broke retard losers

>LE FALLS THROUGH BAR XDDD

The undeniable GOAT sitcom.

>tfw family member calls you Rodney again

It's shit

Only Fools and Horses is unironically one of the greatest British comedies of all time.

Genuinely funny but had some touching moments too.

>that scene when Cassandra has a miscarriage
>Grandad's funeral
>that lift scene where Rodney breaks down

The best moments of OFAH always get overlooked in favour of UNE BAR and DINNER DINNER DINNER BATMAAAAN

lol, ok dear white people

HE

And that fucking chandelier

LOL DEL BOY FALL THRU BAR xd so funny XDDD

vimeo.com/141220204

Sullivan's propensity for soap opera histrionics didn't always work but Grandad's funeral did for the obvious reasons. Del taking a gangster beating for Rodney was surprisingly effective too.

Me on the left.

Literally the funniest moment in any sitcom in history.

The fact that he falls through the bar isn't even the joke you idiot. Imagine being this dense

>STICK A PONY IN ME POCKET
>ILL FETCH THE SUITCASE FROM THE VAN

GARY

It's literally the comfiest tv show created.

No matter how many countless times I've seen it, the bit in "Jolly Boys Outing" where Trigger says "And I've lost my dolphin" always makes me laugh.

That episode is probably the comfiest thing ever created for television. So many great gags in it

youtube.com/watch?v=2AzEY6ZqkuE

EVERYBODYS TALKING AT ME

i wish i was on that couch

:(

It's a national treasure. It's just tainted by the fact that the "falling through the bar" scene has been voted the most hilarious scene in sitcom history, and people can't look past that and appreciate the rest of it.

It's like Dad's Army and the "Don't tell them Pike!" line.
youtube.com/watch?v=bhY-Y0I8DkY
Although really funny, the fact that people praise it as one of the best moments ever actually harms the show, because people will look it up on youtube and make up their mind about the entire show.

Same thing happened with Four Candles.

you do realise its nearly FORTY years old

Do people unironically dislike this show?

Yes, but no justification or ill-will towards it. I just don't enjoy it.

>that one guy desperately trying to justify making his shit thread

Y-YOU ALL AGREE RIGHT GUYS? GUYS? R-RIGHT?

>tfw wanted to go to prison as a kid because a tv show made it seem like top bantz

Around the time The Office made non-laugh track sitcoms super hip, OFAH was suddenly held up as an example of everything unfashionable about british comedy. It was always a mainstream show and sat apart from alternative comedy, but it took a real revisionist beating during the early '00s. Hipsters really shit on it despite it being one of UK's most loved shows of all time.

meant for

Thats my favourite as well. Just perfect.

Pic related is the most kino however.

>Maria leaves the show and is replaced with a blonde midget

Sure, it was funny, but Maria was always the hottest little French minx in the show.

the first few seasons were good. Then, like everything else, they tore the arse out of it

four candles is fucking brilliant

now that was an awful 'comedy'

This isn't true of all Britcoms, but most of the greats were about people in a hopeless situation.
>Adrift in space, millions of years after everyone you ever knew died of old age.
>Travelling through space in your pyjamas because that's what you were wearing when Earth was destroyed.
>A father and son sharing a house while running their rag and bone business.
>A market trader living in a flat with his nephew and uncle.
>Mismatched flatmates from university still live together while they both fail at their mismatched lives.
>Young prisoner sharing a cell with an older prisoner.

This is very different to most of the big american comedies that I've seen. The closest would be the put-upon dad Married With Children type.

Do you mean four candles or fork handles?

>shitting on quite possibly the greatest sit-com of all time

This time you've gone too far Television & Film.

youtube.com/watch?v=OQOWkHyl1t0

I want to go back.

comfykino in its best form

>our bus just blew up

What happened to stuff like 'Allo 'Allo, Dad's Army, Are You Being Served, It Ain't Half Hot Mum, etc.?
Modern sitcoms don't even come close!

>tfw some of family are from East London
>tfw going to Southend, Great Yarmouth or Brighton as a kid

Brings it all back

Times changed, audiences changed, alternative comedy overtook mainstream comedy and became mainstream itself

And even then Al had a hot wife and a nice big house. The US can't celebrate being poor, ugly and stupid, they're not programmed for it. Their shows understand self-deprecation but they're always tinged with an undercurrent of success and/or glamour.

you have stuff like Miranda, Citizen Khan, Mrs. Brown's Boys, etc. It's all shite. the BBC cannot produce a good comedy.

the drama though, the drama is always amazing. I feel like at any given time there's a top-tier engaging, gritty, suspenseful drama on the BBC.

I don't know why the drama is so consistently good while the comedy so consistently appalling

I might be wrong but I believe most, if not all of those sitcoms were written by the same guy, who is now dead.

Sitcoms are dead. Panel shows are the new comedy. I agree about drama though, the Beeb is very consistent at producing top quality dramas.

Criminally underrated sitcom.

Loved 'Allo 'Allo.

Murder in Successville had me in tears in case anyone was looking for something new

parodykino

It was pretty shit honestly but I always tuned in on the chance one of the women would flash some lingerie
The gestapo guy was pretty funny though

youtube.com/watch?v=svuPbOHWF-M

FOUR
BLOODY
ACES

I loved it, I used to come home every day and it'd be starting just after I'd get in. Good memories of it. I haven't seen it in a while though, so it might not be as good as I remember it.

I disagree.

Yeah, even their losers are doing well.
Frasier would lose every week but he had a radio show. lived in a stylish apartment with a great view, and occasionally banged a 9.

Compare that to Dave Lister. They were hopelessly lost in space with a hologram of a knobhead, a male robot and a male humanoid cat.
A constant reminder that anything that survived from Earth would have evolved into something else by now.
But even before Lister was in this mess he was still a loser, even by Sup Forums standards.

Hell, compare UK Lister with US Lister. He goes from being a gerbil-faced Liverpudlian to a 6'2" male model

Still never seen that pilot. I got hold of a copy ages ago but it was a low res 100MB glitchy wmv of a shitty VHS.

porridge is such a comfy show

And Rising Damp was nearly kino apart from that darkie

The house is comfy as fuck

The only copy I've ever seen is pretty terrible, but the show itself is surprisingly not terrible. Not a patch on seasons I-VI of the UK version, but better than one would expect given the horror stories. If nothing else it's a fascinating look at television cultural divides

>Biggus Dickus
can someone explain this joke to me?

The Young Ones house is the all time god tier sitcom set
I just wanted to go inside the TV and explore it

A few good British comedies...

Red Dwarf
Only Fools and Horses
Blackadder
Fawlty Towers
I'm Alan Partridge
Till Death Us Do Part
Drop The Dead Donkey
Steptoe and Son
Father Ted
Rab C. Nesbitt
The League of Gentlemen
One Foot in the Grave
Dad's Army
Porridge
Bottom
Desmond's
The Young Ones
The Vicar of Dibley
Spaced
The Thick of It
Yes Minister
The Office
Rising Damp
Garth Marenghi's Darkplace
Men Behaving Badly
Phoenix Nights
Black Books
The Fast Show
Peep Show
Green Wing
PhoneShop

>The Bucket residence... the lady of the house speaking.

I'd also throw in
Nathan Barley
Ever Decreasing Circles
The New Statesman
Extras

I take it none of you ever watched IASIP

Why does everyone shit on Mrs Brown's Boys? I don't watch it much but it gets a giggle out of me when I catch it

>No you may NOT have a number 47 with egg fried rice!

>american """comedy"""

youtube.com/watch?v=XUFhVp9pkp0

>I take it none of you ever watched IASIP
I haven't but I just googled some of it and I saw a bunch of tanned Hollywood-looking guys with good haircuts, which kind of proves my point. No matter how depraved or self-defeating a US sitcom character gets, they always have a upbeat sensibility, a positive materialistic or aspirational quality to offset character flaws

It was like when they tried to remake the IT Crowd in the States.
UK version
>Roy is played by schlubby Chris O'Dowd
US version
>Roy is played by Ryan Seacrest-looking Joel McHale

I've only chosen the comedies that I've seen multiple times and that I love. I do like Extras and Nathan Barely though.

You know Del and Rodney are brothers? The best comparison between British and American sitcoms are the episode of Frasier where he gets the tape of his lost show off of his biggest fan with the episode of Alan Partridge where he visits his biggest fan's house pretending it's his.

The best premise for any sitcom ever devised is three priests on a little island, I've loved it for so long and I wish to God Linehan wasn't suck an unbelievably gigantic cunt or at least I'd never found out because it genuinely tarnishes it for me knowing such a prick had anything to do with it. Even worse he's also in that episode of Alan Partridge.

my favourite comedy of all time

Best Carry On films

Carry On Nurse
Carry On Doctor
Carry On Cleo
Carry On Behind
Carry On Don't Lose Your Head
Carry On Follow That Camel
Carry On Camping
Carry On Loving
Carry On Up the Khyber
Carry On Girls
Carry On Matron
Carry On Regardless
Carry On Camping
Carry On at Your Convenience
Carry On Dick

People Just Do Nothing is great but got stuck on a channel that got shitcanned, there was a similar thing recently I forget the name of about two 'chav' type people that was very funny as well.

Set phasers tae malky

>No Carry On Abroad

C'mon m8

>tfw a 24 year old Brit and haven't watched a single episode of OFAH
Is it kino?

Yeah, PJDN is great. The new season of it hasn't been great

Such a comfy thread

Also, The Limmy show

your shit

youtube.com/watch?v=ZWDJlPZ8vuk

The track Id like to pass on I think has got to be the theme from Grandstand by Keith Mansfield. I remember hearing this when it debuted back in 1975. Id been eating a plate of beans at my kitchen table one saturday lunch time, and I suddenly stopped mid mouthful, wrapped by this urgent melody that came wafting in from the tv, in the lounge. I hadnt been watching it, the televison had just been left on because of my wife Carol who wasnt very good at turning off electrical appliances. But far from being irritated, I was exhilerated. The song and its arrangement captured all the power and the thrill of live sport, and it pumped me full of pure zest. My life at this time hadnt exactly been overflowing with excitement. I mean I was eating beans alone at my kitchen table. But suddenly i felt adrenaline coursing through me and found myself wolfing down the beans... imagining myself in some sort of competative bean eating contest. Determined to scoop gold for Britain.

This is a local thread, for local anons. There's nothing for you here.

I secretly love them all. I should have added Carry On Abroad for based Jack Douglas.

youtube.com/watch?v=el5O5HIf2TU

youtube.com/watch?v=ggEUx-wS0ms

why do brits use such shitty cameras?

>What's your favourite Beatles album?
mmmm i'd have to say best of the Beatles

Nothing wrong with British comedy.

youtube.com/watch?v=3QFnMw3fi0M

>tfw I legitimately forgot that Pauline was played by a man during the final series
Hats off to Steve Pemberton, everything about that show was top fucking notch.

youtube.com/watch?v=udWx9jKVcj8

So that when we use US cameras it has that special authenticity
youtube.com/watch?v=u_hI0wrGBBA

uufff