Found a good deal on a new 4K HDR TV

>found a good deal on a new 4K HDR TV
>price will probably be much lower come black friday
>thats a few months away

wat do. should i wait? my current tv is like 10 years old, cant even record

You can't wait two months to save a lot of money, retard?

Not watching kino on this patrician choice tv

Hello /r/eddit

Oh I meant I have the money, but it would hurt if I bought it now and then the price dropped by loads on Black Friday

Are you certain that specific model will be on sale? I though black friday was for unloading rebranded chink shit.

Depends on where you go.

My family got a good LG plasma TV 10 years ago on black friday and it died the other day because lightning struck the house.

The only retailers that sell chinkshit TVs for super cheap are your Walmarts and Targets. If you go to an appliance specialty chain or Best Buy, you'll probably get a better deal.

Thanks. I may pick up something from Best Buy then. Some user made a thread recently about how 4k+HDR was the thing to get right now.

I dunno. I've never really followed Black Friday. I always just bought stuff when I want it.

Buying it now, and having the price drop later would suck, but then waiting for Black Friday and having no price drop would suck too. So iunno

>should I save money or waste money
>this is a serious question
4K is a meme anyway. What's being marketed as "4K" is actually only 2K; they're counting the pixels horizontally for no reason other than to trick you out of your money.

Also, do you really need a 4K (Smart)TV? What media do you regularly consume in 4K? At the distance you keep your couch from the TV, and with the size of TV you plan to get, can you even notice the difference in quality? I'm not saying there's no difference between resolutions, or LED, OLED, and whatever else, I'm just asking if you'd actually notice that difference based on room setup, your own eyes, and so on.

Not to mention that by the time it's the new standard, prices will be even lower. You're better off waiting, likely even past Meme Friday (unless your current TV is ancient or shot, in which case go for it).

Decent advice. My current TV is indeed ancient which is why I'm thinking about it.

Yesterday there was a thread about HDR being the new non-meme standard for a long time to come, and I'm believing the hype, but I'm not sure

The main thing to consider is this: how often will you actually make use of the (Smart)TV's 4K capabilities? The cost of 4K (Smart)TVs has plummeted in the last few years, and will only keep coming down. Until you're confident you'd be using it's features more often than not: wait.

And don't buy one on Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Boxing Day, or whatever other major sale day there is. Usually places like Best Buy, Walmart, and so on will get specific models made JUST to sell on those days, which are poorly built, fail quickly, and worse.

Look at 1080p HD TVs, and how long that standard took to kick off. We've hit the point where major sporting events and a handful of movies are at 4K. Adoption should ramp up in the next year or so, at which point prices will nosedive. I'd suggest waiting until at least Christmas-time, since prices tend to stay down anyway after Black Friday.

Take the estimated price drop you think it will have and ask yourself "would I be willing to pay this amount of money for two months access to this tv?"

HDR is the thing though, right? Getting a HDR capable TV is setting oneself up for the future..?

Shit, this is a great way of thinking. No, I would not. I'll wait and hope the price drops

HODL

>Getting a HDR capable TV is setting oneself up for the future..?
It depends on how much of a cheap fuck you are, honestly. Is getting "future proof" (kek) NOW worth it for you, or are you ready to "join the future" when it's become the present to save a few hundred (or thousand) bucks?

Is that a meme tv or actual shilling?
I've seen that exact same model with the ugly foot posted a few times the past couple of days.

>le 4K meme
Look at that, it's already outdated, replaced by actual 4K.

Not shilling, I didnt mention the brand

noice

Save that money and buy and OLED

>can't play videogames, connect it to a computer or even watch the same tv channel for a long time without permanently scarring the screen

An OLED TV is the only TV worth buying.

what?

>it's a nigga with no money episode