Why are millennials renting instead of investing in assets?

Why are millennials renting instead of investing in assets?

Because faggots

I don't like the idea of being tied to one location for the rest of my life. Renting houses gives me infinitely more flexibility in just about every way.

Age discrimination boomers got loans with no down payments or credit checks

Because assets are merely a product of white privilege and the patrriarcy. You're not racist are you?

a fuckin god damn leaf

>Another why are/aren't millennials X thread again

what's your fucking problem?

>Leaf
Check out the house prices around the Vancouver area. Million dollar meth labs everywhere in sight.

I could afford a house easy but houses cost way more than their actual value.

Why would I spend 500,000$ on something that is going to be worth 300,000$ in ten years when the boomers die and the house of Cards explodes

Hard to buy a house when you don't either have a job that you can afford to even get a down payment on. And if you didn't waste four years on an underwater masturbating degree, your money management skills are so terrible you're left broke before your next check.

>London

Pretty much the only reason. Working here gets you lots of money, but it's impossible to buy anywhere close enough to warrant buying and not living back home and commuting in from Essex.

Because a $600/month apartment is more realistic than a $1500+/month house payment.

Gooks ruined the housing market.

Is that Finn in japan?

This, plus is why is renting from the bank for 30 years a better idea. So I can have it all seized for property taxes I can't afford, because I am 70 and couldn't save. Since all my money went into the banks money-pit.

People are raised to want to be the finest cow, the most comfortable cow, the most happy cow. Not to be the rancher.

>I am terrible with money: the thread

I'm going to assume that OP was born after the 70s. Sorry faggot, you're a millennial too.

Who is this girl? I see her getting posted here all the time.

>girl
>her

>>I am terrible with money: the thread
(You)

>unlimitted generalization works

Because the current job market dictates that I be amicable to relocation. I can easily afford the house, but I see a better return investing in more liquid assets.

Basically, the opportunity cost is too high before we even get into inflated real estate prices.