Dear Germans

I've been wondering about this collective guilt thing. I've seen some articles like this one;

sueddeutsche.de/politik/bundespraesident-gaucks-rede-im-wortlaut-es-gibt-keine-deutsche-identitaet-ohne-auschwitz-1.2322759

That say things like "There is no German identity without Auschwitz". Why are you expected to take responsibility for something you had no part in? How do they handle teaching the holocaust and WW2 in German schools? I can't get my head around this, help me understand.

Germans are like the French now, they lost their culture.

>Why are you expected to take responsibility for something you had no part in?

Erbschuld, dude. Our guilt is so heavy, it transcends space and time.

>I can't get my head around this, help me understand.

Ask your politicians about this, it's them that implemented that shit under denazification after all.

ich ficke deine mutter junge

Let me explain it to you. A soon kids start to go into elemtary school they will learn about the german guilt. From the 5th to the 10th grade history lessons will be filled with the german guilt. it´s like Germany never existed before ww2 or if you are lucky ww1. The entire german history has been reduced to the germans killing 6 bazillian jews.

After Germany lost the war the US made sure that this won´t ever happen again so they installed classes like "guilt" in schools. These lessons would stay there for a few years so the next generations would hate themself.

O-ok, Herr Obgan.

And it's working

That sounds fucking horrible, do you think you'll ever be free from this debt? Surely there have to be people that think enough is enough?

They never had culture

>totally not a BND agent

>6 bazillian jews.
WTF I hate germany now.
:(

We might be freed from our debt by being part of the winning team during another world war. History is written by the winners afterall and who cares about the nazis when there is a new evil country to be afraid of.

Sure there are people who don´t care anymore or think that this should end but the majority is still afraid of being called nazis again.

We don´t have a healthy right-wing left-wing discussion. You are either on the left side when it comes to politics or you will be marked as nazi.

>why are you expected to take responsibility for something you had no part in?

They don't, but if they choose so, they can't take the praise for the good parts of German history either (not that there are any)

It's a thing Germans convey to the outside to prevent triggering the kikes and gud goyim and don't bother about in their private lives.

You don´t remember do you?

i keked

Gauck is the fucking worst, he can never hold a single speech without going "muh Erbschuld". Guess that's what you get when pastors take a political office, they can do nothing but preach about the original sin.

Sometimes I do wonder if our politicians are actually legitimately retarded though. If you want people to love you and support whatever cause you are proposing, tell them something positive. It can even be a negative message in a positive way, like telling people that the industry is kind of in the shitter but then citing older incidents in your country that have been worse and yet the people still managed to get past them by working together for their country and yadda yadda.
Doesn't fucking matter if some morons might label that as "literally Hitler", it would work regardless of that.

History classes were fucking confusing.

Germans were brainwashed into being happy under Nazi rule by being given things such as jobs, vacation and money.

The Fuck does that even mean they were simply happy

Ingraining collective guilt in all future generations was one of the main goals of the denazification program of the allies.

What is confusing about this?
We also tend to forget "muh starving afro childrens" because we live a carefree and stable life.
How is ignoring the gassing of some kikes different, especially because you have a carefree stable life because of the guy who is doing the gassing.

People are trying to give that whole time some weird pseudo psychological mysticism when the explenation is something every human does every day.

I think that's exactly what user meant to say. People constantly try to come up with excuses why the German population didn't rise up against it but the truth is that there simply was not really any reason to rise up against them until it was already way too late

B-but Gauck also said the politicians have to listen to the worries of the native german population.

And then tell to get fucked because they don't care about that shit anyway.

Guess they expected you to be happy burning worthless currency to heat food and be afflicted with rampant degeneracy and unemployment, huh?

People who are doing this, are earning their money by this shit.
The majority of germans don't gives a shit about it anymore.
It's mandatory to talk about in school and thats it for most germans.
Don't mistake the loud minority of infrared leftist fags that have to scream the "Erbschuld" Mantra every ten seconds to gain access to their leftist boys club with the majority of the german people.
The majority just doesn't care.

this, it's literally the anglo's fault

i've tried so many times to talk about this subject with germans.

they get bathed in guilt so consistently they cant even talk about it properly and use every opportunity to escape the debate somehow by, for example, subtly trying to change the subject.

Because we can't here it anymore.
It's a topic forced unto us where the global perception of the german position is pretty off.
Most Germans have a thing of keeping their opinion to themselves and close family/friends and just fullfilling a social standard while interacting with strangers.
We just don't want to talk about it, because we usually have to face a long list of false assumptions while discussing it.

>they cant even talk about it properly and use every opportunity to escape the debate somehow

Probably because in Germany it can actually get you into legal troubles if you voice anything but the government mandated opinion.

If they are unwilling to talk about it and trying to avoid that discussion it's actually a sign that they do not fully agree with the allowed opinion.

What I hate the most is that Hitler's election is passed like the nazi party propagandad the whole of Germany , and the guillible fools they were (the nation of Goethe,schiller, Cantor, Riemann etc...) they believed it.
But surely we're better and free of propaganda now :^) that's why you guys go to the public school, to not be indoctrinated. :^)

This most of all. Acknowledging that genocide is bad is not the hard part. Trying to actually talk about it with people who have had that -other- kind of eighty-year propaganda fix is fucking humiliating though. We're not fucking Mordor for God's sake, those people in the Reich were still completely normal people.

This is a big issue too. I personally never even realised what a pathetic mockery I was making of myself simply because I'd been raised to constantly bring this shit up around everyone who's not German and do the whole "we so guilty we so good now but we guilty" thing. Maybe that's why I'm so far-right nowadays.

At least early 20th century propaganda was easily to discern for what it was - Propaganda.
Nowadays we have 50 times the propaganda but it's just mixed into every part of our "modern social press and communication"

Nowadays i have a new fave argument, when it comes to Nazitalk and that is "Whoever needs to still justify his agenda with hitler, has shit to hide that's big enough to only fit into his brown shadow."

>Nowadays we have 50 times the propaganda but it's just mixed into every part of our "modern social press and communication"

Pretty much. Even the most mundane shit is filled to the brim with propaganda. There is hardly a single thing that is not infested by it.

It's sad that the germans don't realize their ubermenschenism. This should be taught in school:
>Lose WW I --> become militant superpower in a couple of decades
>Lose WW II --> become economical superpower in a couple of decades
>Be forced to rejoin with a retarded twin brother --> some economical losses but I think within a couple of decades it's all right now.

At some point I took to simply saying "time travel's not possible" when people brought up the Holocaust. They always seem to think I mean "Whatever happened, we can't change it now". I get a private laugh because time travel would be required to make the official Holocaust canon make sense in the first place. But your fave argument is good too. Hard-hitting and likely to make people pay attention.

Yeah. The nazis weren't really good with propaganda desu. It was only copies of what were made in the USSR and the USA. It wasn't brainwaves making the most educated nation in Europe vote Hitler based on "let's kill all the jews they're the only problem in Germany !" like we're fed in school
France has the same problem. The only thing we hear is "French collaborated they purposefully gave jews to nazis because they were as bad". Couple that with muh colonization and you've got a cocktail of self guilt.
Fucking hell WWII has ended 70 years ago. Just look at the polemic when Mein Kampf went into public domain. Germany is not the country humilated by WWI winners it was in the 20...yet.

>The nazis weren't really good with propaganda desu.

They were actually a lot better at it because they managed to make people actually want what they proposed rather than having to mindbreak them slowly into feeling indifferent about it.

You could say that "German guilt" replaced the history class as a subject at our schools. From the very first day our children are being taught that we wuz da evil germans and that we're somehow obligated to suck the cock of every single country in the world because lol six gorillion.

Therefore the children start to believe that everything bad happening in the world right now is somehow our fault and they have to fix it in the future by sucking cock even harder.

Almost every day there are 2-3 nazi documentaries on TV to make sure that we will never dare to forget our guilt. People here basically grow up hating this country and themselves because they're being told to since they were born.

>>Be forced to rejoin with a retarded twin brother --> some economical losses but I think within a couple of decades it's all right now.

Well - yes and no. They don't really have industry over there, so industry doesn't really go over there either. So reminiscient of the "flight to the cities" at the beginning of the industrial revolution, many of them leave their hometowns for the greener "western pastures", where they actually can get a decent job, instead of only shit-jobs or welfare.

Obviously, it isn't all that extreme, and things do work out, but just adressing this point with a bit more clarity.