What is the worst dystopian YA franchise?

Divergent, Hunger Games, Maze Runner, etc…

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2016/film/news/divergent-series-ascendant-1201818694/
vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/02/shailene-woodley-divergent-ascendant-tv-movie
youtube.com/watch?v=kdSn9OkZmnE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I watched one of her divergent movies in a hotel once and it wasn't as bad as the reviews. Never seen hunger games or mazerunner.

>which of these turd sandwiches is the best
>which of these AIDS infected needles is safest
>which of these women is most loyal

>In a futuristic dystopian Chicago, society is divided into five factions: Abnegation (the selfless), Amity (the peaceful), Candor (the honest), Dauntless (the brave) and Erudite (the intellectual.
lamo

i actually like watching those shit, hunger game 1 and 2 is kind of good, didn't watch anything after
maze runner is pretty shit

now i want to watch divergent and laugh about how bad the plot is

Anyone who thinks that Divergent is like the Hunger Games is seriously an idiot. I mean first of all, sure both movies are dystopian movies but the themes are completely different. Divergent is based on a futuristic society where people are brought up in their factions which value one, distinct quality, and so they are brainwashed to only have that one,distinct quality. But there are certain people like us that are normal and have several different qualities and are thus called Divergents There is no specific categorization in the Hunger Games. People are randomly put and brought into random districts. Also the Hunger Games is based on the games which people are forced to do that serve as a reminder from the Capitol that the people are under their control. In Divergent there is nothing like that except that Jeanine Mathews wants to eradicate the basic fundamental laws of human nature. She wants to make sure that people value faction before blood. Although in both movies, there is a rebellion, (in Mockingjay the people rebel to the Capitol, and in Divergent the people rebel indirectly to suppress killing Divergents), the reason for these rebellions is completely different because the problems in both the separate movies is different. You people who think that just because there is some government such as the Capitol and a rebellion in both the movies, you think that both movies are the same.That's not true because the message that each movie conveys is completely different.Divergent conveys a message about what could happen if our very own futuristic society were to turn into some scary utopia, and that if we had a certain categorization based entirely on people's personalities, the conclusion would be would this, disastrous and mind-blowing. The games in the Hunger Games are purely for entertainment and it is based on how Katnis sparks a rebellion in the people to change the way things are because it is wrong to watch people dying and enjoying it and calling it game

probably Divergent
I watched the last movie and it was awful
I think Hunger Games is the most believable of the three

Hunger games is the problem with plato's utopia while Divergent shows how a utilitarian utopia doesnt work.

>snuck in to see this, expecting a shitty sci-fi movie
>get a YA alien highschool sequelbait released four months after the source material (before the second book was released)

the Divergent franchise has been dumped to tv after the last instalment bombed. Woodley isn't even starring in it now

variety.com/2016/film/news/divergent-series-ascendant-1201818694/

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/02/shailene-woodley-divergent-ascendant-tv-movie

lol is that Michael Bay quote really meant to get people interested in that movie?

>oh look Michael Bay says its good so we have to see it!

I thought those were all the same: mostly grrl power fantasies.

Any story where a woman goes through the "Hero's Journey" or "Boy Becomes Man" trope is patently ridiculous.

Divergent is ok

I hated hunger games because it didn't make the battle royale fun.

I want to touch her hair

I like Shailene, she has hairy arms and lots of nasal hair. Wish she didn't shave her legs and pits.

boob

in certain angles she looks hideous while in others she looks cute

but going back to the question:
i would say hunger games, then divergent, and finally maze runner.

the reason for this is:
1. hunger games. i never read the books. so when i went to see the movie i was expecting a movie. the movie didn't explain shit on why there were different districts or why the capital had all the power. nothing. and why there had to be a sacrifice from each district. also what happens to the winner and his/her district. do they get more food? more resources?
2. divergent was really messy in terms of who can feel what and why. so glad this movie series will never get a closure.
3. maze runner. it's a zombie flick. but also never explains why they spent billions in making a mouse trap to test subjects. also glad this movie series will never get a closure.

Real life.

Death Note

I think it's objectively bad, but I enjoy Maze Runner.

Especially the soft hair on her forearms.

>what is the best dystopian YA movie

Pic related

youtube.com/watch?v=kdSn9OkZmnE

it's just one movie not a franchise though