THE SCIENCE IS SETTLED

>Professors tell students: Drop class if you dispute man-made climate change

>‘We will not, at any time, debate the science of climate change’

>Three professors co-teaching an online course called “Medical Humanities in the Digital Age” at the University of Colorado-Colorado Springs recently told their students via email that man-made climate change is not open for debate, and those who think otherwise have no place in their course.

>“The point of departure for this course is based on the scientific premise that human induced climate change is valid and occurring. We will not, at any time, debate the science of climate change, nor will the ‘other side’ of the climate change debate be taught or discussed in this course,” states the email

thecollegefix.com/post/28825/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scientists_opposing_the_mainstream_scientific_assessment_of_global_warming
orbisbooks.com/ecofeminism-in-latin-america.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superseded_scientific_theories
simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>university prof is afraid of students freely expressing dissenting views
colour me surprised

what the fug

why are colleges pretty much grade schools these days?
what's the point of college if you can't challenge conventional ideas or even debate anything?

>trying to refute something that has been studied over and over to be factually true

just let it go.

>what's the point of college

Profiteering for banks

>Medical Humanities in the Digital Age
This does not belong on a college campus

People taking this course have worse problems than this

Al Gore said the ice caps would be gone by 2020

We know for a fact that climate change is a hoax. Completely made up.

What does this say about ''professors''? It's not looking good.

Jesus fucking Christ, I can't wait for this stupid, completely debunked meme to be over already so that I can gloat about it.
Then again, they will probably come up with some other bullshit, like Earth being flat or something, and then they will kill me for thinking Earth is round.

>"hey kids think for urself"
>"think what we tell you to think"

Funny you bring that up, because even Wikijew has an entry dedicated to scientists who are not in line with the mainstream theory on climate change.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scientists_opposing_the_mainstream_scientific_assessment_of_global_warming

What makes the article even more interesting is this little excerpt

>NB: Only individuals who have their own Wikipedia article may be included in the list.

So this is just a fraction of the individuals who have a problem with climate change. In other words, all these people would be exiled from this course. Really makes you think

tfw you went to art school and never saw an SJW or feminazis
tfw your gen eds encouraged open debate
tfw you had more AnCap professors than loopy libtard professors

Science is such a farce now. Also if "Global Warming" is real why do the winters get colder every year and the summers milder where I live?

Where I live it hasn't broken 100 degrees F in the summer in 10 years. Before 10 years ago every summer hit 100+ multiple times sometimes 106

>what's the point of college if you can't challenge conventional ideas or even debate anything?

You are only supposed to challenge things like capitalism, the white supremacist patriarchy, christianity, etc. Things that you, your professors, your classmates, the mass media and the government all agree need to be challenged.

that sure does sound like a science class

Arizona, is that you?

Could you take back your heat wave, SOB it was hot this past month!

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scientists_opposing_the_mainstream_scientific_assessment_of_global_warming
Deceased scientists

This section includes deceased scientists who would otherwise be listed in the prior sections.

August H. "Augie" Auer Jr. (1940–2007), retired New Zealand MetService meteorologist and past professor of atmospheric science at the University of Wyoming[161]
Reid Bryson (1920–2008), emeritus professor of atmospheric and oceanic sciences, University of Wisconsin-Madison.[162]
Robert M. Carter (1942–2016), former head of the School of Earth Sciences at James Cook University[163][164]
William M. Gray (1929–2016), professor emeritus and head of the Tropical Meteorology Project, Department of Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University[165][166]
Robert Jastrow (1925–2008), American astronomer, physicist, cosmologist and leading NASA scientist who, together with Fred Seitz and William Nierenberg, established the George C. Marshall Institute[167][168][169]
Harold ("Hal") Warren Lewis (1923–2011), emeritus professor of physics and former department chairman at the University of California, Santa Barbara.[170]
Frederick Seitz (1911–2008), solid-state physicist, former president of the National Academy of Sciences and co-founder of the George C. Marshall Institute in 1984.[162][171]

Bump

>how would they know what a dead person is thinking unless they where killed for that reason ?

>Professor, there's something to be said about refusing an open debate and silencing your opponents. Not that I'm weighing in on the validity of """climate change"""

>Three professors co-teaching an online course
>online course
ok

stay mad climate change deniers

It doesn't matter your stance on climate change, this is just ignorant.

fucking UCCS.

I went to UCCS for a couple classes years ago, and they're actually a pretty good school, nice campus, but it seems like they always do some stupid shit like this to fuck themselves over.

I went up to Boulder expecting it to be a libtard paradise, and it kinda is as far as the student body is concerned, but I was actually really surprised that the professors were really, REALLY open-minded even about conservative viewpoints. and many of them were a lot more red pilled on shit than you would expect.

guess this kinda shit is what separates the wheat from the chaff.

>“Medical Humanities in the Digital Age”
>Humanities
>Science

who hates wikipedia? jewbook, fine, tumblrina, fine, reddit, fine, cnn, fox, etc, I get all the hate. but wiki? i dont see any WE WUZ KANGS agenda or censorship of fascists. I've learned alot about nationalism through wiki to the point of total convicting. you have to be a total tin foil hat to think its wikijew. clever name you made there too.

SCIENCE ISNT ABOUT QUESTIONING, GOYIM!

burn all universities to the ground and then start on the libraries.

Why should climate change even come up?

>dinosaurs and other things made of carbon live in a world hotter than ours with higher CO2 levels
>they die long before we even diverged from chimps
>their carbon remains are under the ground, the global climate cools, CO2 levels drop
>millions of years pass
>humans take millions of years of life's worth of carbon out of the ground and burn it, sending it in aerosol form into the atmosphere
>"I bet nothing will happen"

Climate change is the real name. But it's not man made.

>Three professors co-teaching an online course
That must be one thin paycheck, and one easy ass course

There is a certain school of thought in universities nowadays that teaches that climate change affects poor people, browns, and women disproportionately and makes them physically and mentally ill.

orbisbooks.com/ecofeminism-in-latin-america.html

climate change is retarded it will never happen.

What the fuck does this have to do with climate change?

>Those who speak against the narrative will be silenced

The orwellian dystopia is upon us friends

Wikipedia is open source and not to be trusted for controversial topics
>being this mad over earth's natural cycle of warming and cooling
>defeatism into thinking humans did it

>Ecofeminism
>A theology

Ah shit I'm getting triggered here

the climate has been changing for millions of years retard.

the point is that its not man made.

would you also like to debate spherical earth or heliocentrism?

imbecile

its about not debating fact for eternity

except for those who want to go absolutely no where with it, pursuing obsolete and debunked theories for no reason other than egotism and lack of comprehension

>the science of climate change, where applying the scientific method is banned

Hmm, it must definitely be correct if no one is ever allowed to question it.

I wonder what would happen if a professor sent a similar email about the hereditability of IQ

libertarian teachers are based t b h

I have never seen the climate change once in my life. if its been happening for millions of years I think id see it at least once you libtard.

They do censor shit on Wiki. And political topics are heavily narrated. As long as you stay away from politics most articles are fine.

is that some liberal arts faggotry disguised with technobable ? i guess its better than lady gaga studies

Forgot my image.

not afraid, just refusing to needlessly waste time convincing morons that a round wheel is better than a square one

this is not social justice, not subjective topics

another imbecile of the highest order

again, not subjective issues

no, its not pandering to uneducated children who cant accept or understand fact because it doesnt align with their political biases, and think feelings or politics can have anything to do with it

thats just a fishing expedition by bleeding hearts

yes, somehow when these gases are released by man they magically are excempt from chemical interactions while in the atmosphere

amazing!

Does that mean we get to invade India and China since those two nations are the world's top polluters and they MUST be stopped if we're to stop MUH CLIMATE CHANGE? Because just """investing""" in Martin Shekelbergstein's """reneweable energy""" scams won't do a single god damn thing--since they're scams to begin with--but we LITERALLY MUST STOP China and India if we want to STOP their rampant pollution. That or do something crazy like Donald Trump wants to do and PUNISH international corporations who skirt around environmental protection and worker protection laws by lobbying for "FREE TRADE" with polluting slave labor nations.

SJWs try (and in some cases succeed) to influence and distort many controversial sections.

>See Social Marxism & The Franfurt School articles, their edit history, and their discussion.

Thats nothing, wikiheeb had a commune of far far left mods at one point who furiously deleted anything, and I mean ANY, thing, that was the SLIGHTEST BIT critical of marxism.

no, they are banning everything EXCEPT the scientific method

deniers have to use politics, fallacies, feelings, and ad homs to attempt to discredit it

that crap is what is banned here

>Hmm, it must definitely be correct if no one is ever allowed to question it.

all of that is in the past
no more useful now than "debating" any of this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superseded_scientific_theories

nope
you will find that just about everything there has some ego policing it to keep it in line with their world view, political article or not

Fucking this. Read the economic equality and taxation articles. Pure cancer

I wanna say "haha! nice satire" but I honestly think you're serious..

if so, how fucking stupid are you?

underrated post

Anything related to economics and healthcare is uncredible as well since liberals heavily edit the articles to fit their narrative

just in case you are proceeding on assumption alone...
a few years ago it dawned on me i was only going along with the groupthink as to what that word meant, was surprised to find it was nearly the polar opposite of what i assumed it was

Oh, I know. It's just the example that I had handy.

oh the libtard who believes in climate hoax calling me stupid, thats rich. Go ahead libtard show me one time the climate has changed.

>defeatism into thinking humans did it

"fallacy of many questions"
"defeatism" et al has nothing to do with it
it is entirely pure logic based on empirical evidence
i.e. the scientific method

Look up the bavarian communist revolt page's talk history.

Friendly reminder, that we will see massive defaults on student loan in the future. Because young people take these online-courses or shitty made-up humaniora courses in actual universities and borrow money for it.
It gives them zero competence for future employment - the courses they are taking are merely a hug-box of like minded people expressing their subjective opinion. They will never be able to perform any degree of critical thinking..
They are the equivalent of Sup Forums becoming a university course (with all do respect)

From the article in the link OP provided.

>An activity assigned within that section instructs students to take a test to measure their own carbon footprint. The purpose, reads the syllabus, “is not to create guilt or shame, though those emotions are entirely common.”

>no, they are banning everything EXCEPT the scientific method

The profs said you literally cannot dispute it in any way, so you cannot use the scientific method at all because they don't care.

Also for a guy who has called almost everyone in this thread an imbecile with no concrete arguments, your only argument has been "the science is settled." I understand though that the irony will be lost on you.

>empirical evidence is subjective when i dont like it

simply mind numbing

smug asshole liberal detected. I bet you have a punchable face.

whats empirical? Ive never seen the climate change.

It's called a Greenhouse Effect, not Climate Change

>university prof would rather not waste time "debating" borderline illiterate dipshits

fixed that for you

>pure logic
>empirical
lel

The Earth did this far before humans 'destroyed' it, just a natural cycle. Global Warming follows with Global Cooling, we did nothing to force it unless you believe in HAARP and DARPA

>The profs said you literally cannot dispute it in any way,

yes.... exactly

>so you cannot use the scientific method at all because they don't care.

no, that is ALL you can use, the scientific method is the _only_ thing they allow, its whats been used to reach the given conclusion

perhaps you dont know what it even means

>with no concrete arguments,

simple english wikipedia has everything you need in this regard

>predictive models that haven't been accurate are the scientific method
loving every kek

>science is settled
>theories not even 20 years old are settled

>what is kennewick man

>climate science
>"""science"""
back in my day, religion wasn't called science

I understand not being willing to teach climate denial in lectures, but I feel it's extremely ridiculous and counter-productive to make victims of and censor all of those who hold views that are supposedly so easy to disprove

Both haarp and darpa are real.

Source; many members of my family were heavily involved in both as labor and as scientists.

So unless I'm the victim of a 30 year long running gag, these things happened.

What was done there and how it was done I don't know, I'm just pointing out that they are real government programs that existed & did something.

No, they do not allow the scientific method either, because they will not allow any discussion critical of global warming. You cannot debate it at all, thus meaning the scientific method does not matter, because they will not hear you out in the first place.

Also you have not addressed how you lack any argument whatsoever besides appealing to consensus.

>the science is settled
>just listen and believe

>Friendly reminder, that we will see massive defaults on student loan in the future.
I look forward to this. the college bubble needs to pop before anything gets changed. particularly the line of thought that you NEED some special college degree to be successful.

While college is definitely a bit more of a necessity for higher paid jobs than it used to be, (thanks to the lack of good industrial jobs, and the few that remain sometimes do want specific degrees like engineering) it still isnt 100% needed. you can make money without one. Of course that means maybe not having a cushy office job and having to get your hands dirty. Sanitation workers have fantastic pay, for example. but that involves being a "garbage man, eeew!"

Freeman Dyson is on the list..

The guy that named the Dyson spear, how can climate enthusiast even compete

be serious

>The Earth did this far before humans 'destroyed' it,

red herring
pseudo strawman

again, check simple-english wikpedia article on global warming, it should illuminate you as well as other poster

of course its not ALL man's doing, but its quite very far from NONE of man's doing

the CURRENT change is extremely too soon and too fast to align with any geo-evidenced cycle known

Are you really this stupid? If something is so easily proved then it can be readily proved to anybody who questions it so why attempt to stifle any conversation before it can begin? Are you intellectually dishonest?

>because they will not allow any discussion critical of global warming

if it is critical of global warming, then its not adhering to the scientifc method

>Also you have not addressed how you lack any argument whatsoever besides appealing to consensus.

and?

go ahead if you wish:
simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming

"just listen and believe"

thats the opposite of the scientific method
they arent going to waste their time on anyone who EITHER doesnt know or doesnt care about the facts

>Sanitation workers have fantastic pay, for example. but that involves being a "garbage man, eeew!"

quick google search turns up that avg salary for sanitation workers in most cities is $30k or so.

i made more money than that when i was waiting tables as a 20 year old, fucking kek

Thanks for sounding like the imitation of the inquisition, faggot.

Regardless, to believe we have facilities that control the Earth's weather is tinfoil tier so whatever those organizations were up to was certainly not magic. Otherwise there would be no reason to even worry about global warming if we have places that can cool it back down
wikipedia is open source
>the CURRENT change is extremely too soon and too fast to align with any geo-evidenced cycle known
We have been due for this since the last ice age, it's right on time, your little buzzwords irresponsibly taught in your 1000 english comp class mean nothing

>yeah I admit my only argument is appeal to consensus so what?

Thanks for proving that you are not to be taken seriously. Good day.

>if it is critical of global warming, then its not adhering to the scientifc method
lovin every laugh

because we are passed proving it

if you cling to the opposite, you dont care about the scientific method, empirical evidence, logic, facts, nor anything else objective, only egotism and or politics, or possibly religion

OR if not one of those ulterior motives, then you are mentally ill or of a mind too simple to grasp the material

all of which is counterproductive to science

What about thousands of aerial nuke explosions, air and ground traffic, and now heating permafrost. Not trying to prove either side but be aware of this. Man can change climate I believe

I agree, I was just pointing out that the programs existed, they aren't from the x-files wiki.

I don't know what was done in them, but they existed, is all I was saying.

I am serious you fucking libtard. if climate change is real why can't I see it?

thats the starting pay, which is low. but factoring in overtime, it's about 47k for the first year, and after about 5 and a half years, you start jumping up to 88k on average.

thats not chump change at all. And has the guaranteed benefits of being a city job.

Well if it's a class about combating climate change why would you waste time debating whether or not you think climate change is real. Maybe don't take the class if you don't believe in climate change. Btw I'm redpilled as fuck, if you deny climate change you are literally mentally challenged.

"yeah I admit my only argument is appeal to consensus so what?"

fallacy of many questions
ad hom
cop out
et al

consensus is purely incidental in this area, as with all scientific fact

kys kike we're done believing your lies

So here's something I find entertaining

let's grant climate change
let's grant man made climate change

now, how is this a bad thing? Keep in mind the bad needs to outweigh technological progress.

None of which you have actually posited in this thread. According to you it's wrong to question anything that has been stated to have been proven. What a dystopian view of the world you have.

>worried that this thread has 87 replies of people actually denying climate change
>feel better when I realize threads also get this many replies when people deny a round earth.

You act like this planet cannot heal

>dinosaurs and other things made of carbon live in a world hotter than ours with higher CO2 levels
Bread, they had higher oxygen levels.

Ad hominem would be if I were to insult you. I did not insult you. I believe what you are looking for is "strawman." However that was not a strawman, because you actually did admit that your sole argument is appeal to consensus.

You aren't as smart as you think you are.

Because as it turns out, the death of the only known inhabitable planet and subsequent death of the only known intelligent life in the universe is pretty fucking degenerate.

just read the wikipedia article, plenty of sources, and likewise with all linked articles:
and:
>wikipedia is open source

appeal to the stone

for close to the same reason mankind assumed for millennia that the earth was flat

it is bigger than "you"
therefore you dismiss it out of hand

and anyone with widely gathered evidence and study, all based solidly in fact or not, is necessarily a "holier than thou" schemer and charlatan with an evil agenda