Story time

Ultimates #12
The end is here

Should read Civil War II issue 6 first? Hasn't been posted yet.

It hasn't been ripped and this has little to do with that

>Everything lives
Cool

Somebody explain to me how Gyrich keeps getting jobs in multiple administrations despite constantly getting fired in disgrace and screwing up?
He doesn't have "connections", he once bragged to Tony Stark (then director of SHIELD) that he can't fire him because he has powerful friends, telling him to call the White House. 10 minutes later he was "resigning".

Not feeling the big guy's text here. Is there a new letterer on this issue?

>broccoli people
Nextwave reference?

And America didn't show this to her earlier because...?

Christ, this art is bad.

No, it's a reference to the people whose homeworld Dark Phoenix blew up.

Because he's a good antagonist.

The first line seems to indicate that Carol asked to go. Besides big as the multiverse is there is probably a place where it all went very right.

Give her the dick

>no rucka drawing Carol flexing

>art in this issue sucked
>ANOTHER fucking #1 next month despite it just being the same series
>Vision ended
All in all a pretty terrible week for Marvel

America is gay, huh? Lol

Futas can't be gay user

this cover is deviantart in 2004 levels of awful
why did they print this

> traveling through existence like its nothing

Let me guess, these are all characters from New Universal?

mmmmm, carols triangle tits

I always loved faceless masks

So if he's not Anti-Man anymore, what is he now? Pro-Man?

Because he works for the goverment. It's impossible to get fired from the public sector

>Every one hates that hideous cow Carol danvers

I love it.

But he does get fired. Like, all the fucking time. That's my point. Just count how many jobs in different government offices he's had. It always ends badly.

Come on America.

She's not that straight.

>What happened with Ulysses

Little Gary Sue Shit committed suicide didn't he?

who the fuck just called the Overwatch squad?

TO ME MY SURFER. HERALD MY JOY

>event gets delayed and other books have to tiptoe around everything until the hacks can get their shitty fucking event done
Bravo house of ideas, every time

I really dug this series, but I have to give up here. What's coming in Ultimates 2.0 is just too ugly to read.

Please stop referencing this Marvel. Do not make Kate gay.

Yeah, this is the big problem with America's powers.

He never gets fired. Can't.

Someone just puts someone else in charge of getting the actualy "firing" done, but then his union rep swoops in from the sky, threatens a pull, and instead they just shuffle him around to the next department.

He's got so much seniority counting up for him, you couldn't fire him from the public sector unless you could yank a founding father out of your ass

>THE DIVERSITY SQUAD
>SHURIKEN SIDECUT
>THE PATRIARCH
>BLUE-BLACK MAN
>THE TUMBLER
>THE HOTHEAD

Again, they have fired him from the public sector several times. At one point he was a security guard at a mall.

Can we just talk about how badly Civil War 2 affected this book? Like it has a plot, it had an adventurous first few issues, and then Civil War happened and this entire book had to be Civil War clean-up.

So where we are now is basically exactly where we were pre-Civil War, except some shit happened and some people fought after Thanos was captured, then escaped, then was captured again. I mean the fight with Thanos here was cool (much cooler than in the Civil War preview) but this book was FUCKED by Civil War. Half of the run was given over to the set-up and resolving of it. Now the next launch will have to do an intro again, and it's going to bomb anyway because of the art.

Fuck events.

And even then, they pretty much spell it out if you read into it enough

There are people who would pay 4 American dollars for a book with this art inside.

Marvel, not even once

New Avengers storytime when?

Nope. He was under cover for the IRS.

Got moved away from that once he tried to audit all the aliens or somethign

The Ultimates... A-Force... The current Captain Marvel run... Mockingbird...

How many more series must suffer before Marvel stops giving Bends and his drunken disregard for continuity the keys?!

And it's still better than what happened with A-Force.
The author already has two arcs ready, than it has to create a new arc on the spot to tie-in, only to than have the series cancelled because
>She-Hulk goes edgy
>Medusa and, most likely, Dazzler are caught in IvX
That's half the team lost, and we have yet to see what actually happens to Carol since despite the cringe-worthy teaser for her series this issue make it looks like things aren't going well for her

How often does Galactus do this "Bring me these earth people, I need them for something" bit? Makes for a cool final page at least.

connections

any time a senator loses an election or something he ends up on the board of directors of a company that had them in their pocket.

as far as uncle sam. some fuck ups know too much to be let back into the public sector

Well that could be written from the perspective of Marvel Civilians who are always fucking idiots...

I don't know how he's not still in jail after the whole Scourge debacle from the end of Brubaker's run.

And even before that he basically committed treason by giving away Bucky to the Russians, even though America NEVER extradites its own citizens.

Some of the pages sucked, but the color on some pages is fantastic.

I'm reminded of Darkseid falling at the beginning of Final Crisis.

>Everyone has a place in Galactus's heart. Yes, even you, little one.

Herald of life, recruit a team of super-heros with attitude.

Carl looks even more hideous in this than usual. And so happy to see T'challa grow some balls. Bendis wrote him as a lackey secretary for the first half of the event.

Yep. Jim Tensen is Justice, The rest are a mix of Psi-Force and DP7.

>all these New Universe characters
>no Starbrand or Nightmask on the team
Bummer, but if there's one person that I can trust to keep the New Universe fire burning, it's Ewing.

VIEW COMIC IS DOWN, WILL A MOTHER FUCKER PLEASE STORY TIME CIVIL WAR 2!

How do you go from this to this ?
Did the artist spend 90% of its time on the 4 first pages? In every others pages of this issue, it feels like the guy barely knows how to use photoshop.

What's with art in this? It's like they just spilled ink all over the paper.

He was being mind controlled like D-Man.

to scare away the normies from a good story

Maybe we'll see them show up in USAvengers or something. (Ha.)

I thought Mockingbird just got cancelled because it wasn't selling for shit.
I would've said it was a shame, but that bullshit with Carter Slade pushed me right into "fuck Cain" territory.

>we all know how the civil war ended
Actually no, Ultimates is the only Marvel comic I follow so I have no idea.

Fucking hell, why does Marvel keep putting like 3 different artists to work on every issue of this book?

It really sucks, because Marvel events are supposedly opt-in, but with so many major CWII players caught up in this one Ewing pretty much had no choice but to go with it.
Still, Ewing probably loves playing continuity cleanup.

Tony dies in a very public way but copies his mind into an AI, Ulysses gets given to Hydra-Cap, and the Ultimates get shut down. Carol comes out of it with half the planet hating her and half the planet loving her.

because amazing art doesnt make for good storytelling.

Wasn't Night Thrasher supposed to join the team after CoC?

>become able to see the future
>make Doom lord over everything
I like it.

>of every possible being to give a powerup
>Galactus pick Anti-man
lol

New universe with new universal. Unverse prime versions. Mght be possible pieces of new universal merged with the main universe.

great art

sadly everything went to shit after that

I wonder if Blur, Nightmask and Starbrand will ever interact with them.

>First herald of life
Nice, I forgot Galactus could do this

>returning to the wrecked base after a Civil War you lost lamenting "it was ours"
We Metal Gear now

Let's just imagine he's in Europe running around with Stick, Ares, Nigel the Non-lethal Punisher and Jeanne d'Guillotine. It's a good thing to imagine.

Whatever happened to Galactus' previous Herald? That priest from Broxton? Also, Stardust and Fire-Lord are still alive, right?

So now we know that T'challa will stop Carol from prosecuting Miles on national television, further cementing the heavy ham-fisted BLM overtones of this event.

Great story, you guys

Carol's biceps make me horny. Carol and America should fight and then have lesbian sex.

>further cementing the heavy ham-fisted BLM overtones of this event.

....I don't know how you got that.

Well Hawkeye did go full ZimZam and the results of the trial were the same.

Roccaforth is gonna be back.

I hope

And Miles being in trouble for a crime he didn't commit.

And the selective usage of the word "profiling" when Ulysses' predictions are being discussed. Also the fact that his superhero name is"The Profiler".

Add that all to the fact that Alonso said that the conflict of this event was made to reflect social problems in today's world, and now you see exactly "where I got that".