He had a great job and a nice apartment in a nice area, why wasn't he happy...

He had a great job and a nice apartment in a nice area, why wasn't he happy? And why did he think he could relate to low level wagecuckery

His inner Chad was able to bee himself via split personality

I wish my inner Chad would wake up too desu

Things are not life.

>He had a great job and a nice apartment in a nice area, why wasn't he happy?
the modern man, summed up

I have all those things (well, it's a house not an apartment) and I'm not happy. I've been poor and depressed, now I'm well off and depressed. Life can be hollow and meaningless even if you have a nice place to live.

This is why American Beauty is a critical film to watch alongside Fight Club. The late 90's had people thinking a decent salary in a comfortable office was the worst possible thing that could happen.
They were wrong.

It is not, is quite liberating in fact not having to worry about money, however it does not (unfortunately) lead to happiness.

Also Office Space

Is Kevin Spacey one of the best actors living in this earth? I think so

What I would give for an office job in 90's

Americans do work too much though.

Of course not, asshole. You're supposed to find happiness outside of work. When you're realistically working 35 hours a week, shuffling papers, filling in spreadsheets and having meetings, you have plenty of time to fulfill yourself mentally, physically, spiritually.

>90's office kino thread

The protagonist was actually wrong in that movie though. He just eventually realised he was wrong.

The protagonists in all three of these films were wrong, just to varying degree.

lack of sleep

>The late 90's had people thinking a decent salary in a comfortable office was the worst possible thing that could happen.

>Tfw go to uni
>get stem degree
>can't find job
>would do anything for an office job
>instead work as waiter

What's the stem degree?

Chemistry

The 90s was such a booming time period that people actually got too bored from their great paying job, house with positive value, and WASPs TV shows

Didn't even age a bit for his role in band of brothers.

when i went to uni, there were so many science majors. I wonder what will happen to them considering most of them wont make it to grad.

Kek.
Go back and go stats or math with concentration in actuarial science

WTF, band of brothers came out in 2001.

He wasn't his khakis.

>1999 was 7 years before 9/11

What happened to him?

My sister is a Chemical Engineer and makes boatloads of money desu.