>I've been in an out if 'ere more times than I 'ave Zatanna's knickers
kek

>dogwelder created Anubis
THE PLOT THICKENS.

>Dillon

:(

F

Even the dog looks heartbroken

DC Comics also provided all six of Dillon’s covers for Six Pack and Dogwelder: Hard Travelling Heroz, which represent Dillon’s last work for DC Comics.

So The Punisher #7 should be his final work for Marvel given the delays.
>still no replacement artist announcement for that series

Is this the final Franked cover? Really? Is this how we'll remember him? With Drunk Frank and Welder Frank fighting Mummy Franks?

Awww shiiit

kek

Oh, god, is it just a Lawgiver?

DEEPEST
LORE

>Ironic Illusionist

John seems like the kind of guy to shitpost on places like /x/.

Fuck I just noticed the cover

He Franked is some mummies

frank

He already made covers until the 5th issue. Don't know about issue 6.

>not browsing the January 2017 solicits

Poor John. He tries so hard.

Westaboos were hyped for this comic, Dogwelder is popular in Japanese social media, so much that the Hitman comics with him in got translated to Japanese.

you a jap?

For real?
That seems incredibly random, even for them.
What's the appeal?

>"No Bueno."

Who knows, they just really seem to like Section 8.

>aids bucket

kek

I never finished ASS8, what was Sixpack's revelation? That he actually was dying?

DC Comics is what he dreams when he's passed out drunk.

Goddamn Ennis, that's awesome

If I remember right, he found out he was a real hero, since supes showed him his statue.

I just noticed Bueno's thigh-high high-heeled leather boots.
I can't wait for him to rape a mummy into submission.

half Jap mongrel that knows some Japanese

Basically what happened was this Japanese novelist Kaihou Norimitsu read Hitman and he started tweeting about the character and ever since then he became kind of a meme and people started looking him up.

He became so popular that Kaihou Norimitsu ended up doing translations for Hitman in Japanese, they were released in in 2013.

Look up 犬溶接マン (which reads as "Inu Yousetsu Man" which means Dogwelding man) on twitter or pixiv and you'll find Japanese people talking about him and a few talking about the issue that came out today.

There's also this guy (might be a bot tho) who roleplays as Dogwelder and tweets on twitter, it's really weird
twitter.com/qUx__x

They also have their own names for the other Section 8 members, Bueno is called "Sexual Perversion Man" or "Sodomy Man" but they do know him as Bueno too, Jean De Baton-Baton is simply called "French Person Man", Shakes is "Trembling Shaking Man" I believe.

Sixpack has a really weird name "Drunk who hits you with a liquor bottle man"

But Dogwelder is the most popular, I guess they liked him because it's such a WTF and interesting concept, Who the fuck thinks about welding dogs? Only Garth Ennis.

>Who the fuck thinks about welding dogs? Only Steve Dillon.

RIP

Oh nice, space Constantine is sticking around.

It's little things like this that make me deeply love the world.

To be fair, that is basically what Sixpack is

>Sexual Perversion Man
>French Person Man
>Trembling Shaking Man
>Drunk who hits you with a liquor bottle man

If anything, the Japanese names are even better.

Dogwelderforce confirmed?

Could you imagine getting a Sekshun Eighto comic

>Heh heh heh... Sugoi.

thanks for storytiming!

They'd probably just write "Bueno" in Roman lettering.

They were at a bar and Ennis asked his buddies for dumb superheroes. Then we got Section 8.

I still miss the Defenestrator and Jean De Baton.

>Yeah, the stakes are pretty high for Dogwelder, so artistically I’m treating him pretty seriously — as seriously as you can treat a fella with a welder’s mask stuck to his face and dead dogs tucked in his belt. Because he has no face to speak of, all of his acting is done with his body language; until he finds another way to emote…

It’s a balancing act between belly laughs and some actual tears for our pal Dogwelder.

In b4 the Death of Dogwelder.

Also,

> Guts is just a pile of offal, and I prefer not to focus on Bueno Excelente (or even think about him) more than I absolutely have to.

BASED ENNIS

>ain't you in the...
>shut it
Ennis does not seem to like the merging of Hellblazer with DC

What was your first hint?

The fact that DC Constatine is bitching about Vertigo covers or the fact that he is the Silver Surfer now?

It's almost like the last issue had Constantine going on a long rant about how he misses Vertigo and hates being shuffled from setting to setting.

They actually write it in Katakana as ブエノ

Oh it was Dillon then? Damn he contributed something beautiful to the world then, his passing is even sadder.

Ennis and Dillon and their mates were out drinking. They were talking about silly superhero concepts and trying to come up with the worst ones. Dillon said Dogwelder. Made a little sketch. He won.

It was something like, Ennis was taking shots at Green Lantern again and then challenged either his friends or just Dillon to come up with a worse name than Green Lantern. Steve Dillon came up with Dogwelder.

>Oh it was Dillon then? Damn he contributed something beautiful to the world then, his passing is even sadder.

I know, right? Helped create Dogwelder, knew and perpetuated Frankface. That puts him in at least Top 5 greatest creators of Sup Forums.

He won by creating the best original comic book character from the past 50 years?

>French Person Man
What's his warcry?

"French Person! French Person! French Person MAN!"

It's the same as in English but in katakana, each member has their original English name in Katakana and their Japanese name in Kanji.

The publication in Japanese uses their English name in Katakana (although one of the translated trades has both of their names in the cover, I'll look it up)

Usually Japanese people don't change American superheroes names when they translate them into Japanese they just write their English names in Katakana, it's a rare thing and they don't do it for a reason (brand recognition)

Like in the 60's the Fantastic Four used to be called "Space Ninja Gorms' Reed's name was "Gorms", Invisible Woman was "Susie", Human Torch was "Fireboy" and The Thing's was "Gunrock".

As for the villains Dr. Doom was "Akuma Hakase" (translates to Demon Doctor or Doctor Demon, Akuma is a type of fire demon), Galactus was "Tekkarmen", the Watcher became"Tekkachii" and Silver Surfer was "Silver Surfing".

youtu.be/gWDmQjLnAiQ

U Focking WOT

>he managed to stain the space suit
They're literally built for that and he still found a way.

How would Sup Forums think if this Constantine is really the Vertigo Universe one stuck here after Rebirth. While New Earth version does the mainstream DC thing.

Thank you, knowledgeable user.

I could believe that. Especially since Ennis wrote the Vertigo version.

holy shit this mini is going to end with constantine getting assraped

Franking Six-Pack.

Dillon, you were a cheeky cunt.

Wasn't there a really popular Japanese Dogwelder cosplayer?

Steve Dillon invented Dogwekder on a bet with Ennis that he couldn't come up with a dumber superhero name than Green Lantern

RIP

Did they rike it?

Name a better writer than Garth Ennis.
Protip: you can't.

I wonder if Dillon knows how popular Dogwelder is in Japanese social media.

Are you serious? Can you provide proof? This would absolutely make my day.

Reminder that Dillon did Frankface ON PURPOSE to troll the internet.

I'd guess he probably did at least one or two more issues of Punisher.

>knows
You mean knew?

Awesome cover.

Someone post the screencap where they confirmed that Dillon was doing Frankface on purpose to fuck with us.

I hated FrankFace and thought it was one of the worst memes but finding out Dillon knew/encouraged it made me rotate 1000%

This user was talking about it: