OH NO, THEY SAY HE'S GOT TO GO

Best Post-1975 Godzilla movies

Go-zerrah

Best Godzilla director?

Why are these posters so fucking cool

>we call him _______
chuck

>people like this

People usually like good movies. What kind of contrarian faggot are you? Literally better than almost every other Godzilla movie.

Doesn't take much to set a Shinfag off

yes, no, yes

Gigan's a qt. QT!

Theresonly10goodmoviesinmyfranchisezilla

There are like thirty movies. Alien only has two good movies out of seven and Star Wars only has two good movies out of nine.

they're all enjoyable.

Only if you 'turn your brain off.' The majority of them are trash.

Shut the fuck up!

whoa there

Somebody write the sound that he makes

(sk)REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE(ooooooo-ooonk)

Shin was good, but I actually liked 2014 more...I found Shin's non-goji scenes to be more boring than 2014's

user isn't wrong. The last three decades of Godzilla have been mediocre minus two or three exceptions (see)

Speaking of, which versions of the roar do you like best? I like '54 and '84 best.

>I found Shin's non-goji scenes to be more boring than 2014's
So you're telling me this guy is better than Yaguchi and his team? He has no personality, no one to bounce off, barely speaks, makes retarded decisions, and the film tries to force him into hero status.

>there are people who unironically think Shin Godzilla is good

[shrug] I'm not sure really. I guess I also liked the monster designs better. It's just that to me, shin feels like it's 3 hours long, 2014 doesn't feel so damn slow.

DESU half the reason I watched Shin was cause the same guy worked on the god-warrior scene from Nausicaa.

2014 (Oppenheimer trailer mix). gave me a huge fucking jump when I first heard it, really made an impression

can't bin the shin

>I guess I also liked the monster designs better.

G14 looks like absolute garbage. It's only a step above Zilla.
I don't understand what people see in G14, it was an awful movie.

Shin was very flawed but at least it had themes and meaning behind it.

youtube.com/watch?v=kRSLCABT4g0

Shin godzilla is the best since the original, and if the second hour was trimmed by about 15-20 minutes of boardroom scenes it'd be a masterpiece and the best one of the series.

>best one of the series
Borderline masterpiece. Still one of the best though. Only Mothra vs Godzilla poses serious competition for the second best.

Looks better than late 60s...I prefer early Showa and any Heisei, really. GMK was a good look too.

>Zilla

Is 1998 actually a *bad* movie, or is it just one of those "it was unfaithful and therefore is automatically the worst movie ever regardless of any other merits" films? (i.e. if previous movies did not exist but 98 was the same, how well regarded would it be?)

I do need to see MothravsGoji sometime...

>Heisei
That design peaked with Vs Biollante. Got too obese afterwards and by Vs SpaceGodzilla the tail was falling off.

>G14 looks like absolute garbage. It's only a step above Zilla.

you mean the original 1954 film

>shilling your (((youtube))) videos and being a tripfag

It's a badly written movie that's legitimately trash. That's not to say the contemporary Godzilla flicks were much better.

Just bought this toy for my wife's son

REEEEEE TOO MUCH TALKING GIVE ME MORE DINOSAURS

>G54 is the best
Yeah. I assumed that goes without saying.

youtube.com/watch?v=G5jZTU8cxeQ

crap pics for both maquettes. 14 looked magnificent in the movie, and so did Shin most of the time.

1998 has a great first act, than it absolutely shits itself halfway in. it's not even a giant monster movie for most of the runtime, the plot is way more focused on the babies than people seem to remember. it is fun though, but a bit overlong.

don't expect to be blown away by it, it's decent, but overrated. probably not even top 3 showa for me.

>don't expect to be blown away by it, it's decent, but overrated. probably not even top 3 showa for me.

faggot

bigzilla

>both of these came out of the same year
youtu.be/UiNjgBetEXI

top-tier argument

Destoroyah is so fucking bad. I don't understand how Toho released that after Gamera came out. Toho's executives were literally embarrassed by how much more better Gamera was.

*Stroking a glove on a bass*

>don't expect to be blown away by it, it's decent, but overrated. probably not even top 3 showa for me.
Technically speaking it's the best of the Showa Era. So it has that in its favor. Additionally, it has one of the better human casts and narratives in the entire franchise. Not saying these are three dimensional characters or anything. Though they're charismatic enough and the film balances them well with the monster action. The best Godzilla films are the ones with the best human drama. Ifukube nailed the sound of Godzilla of here and the monsters look fantastic. Sure the third act is a little flimsy, though it certainly does not ruin the film.

still excited about this?

I thought plantzilla was already a thing?

Get a load of this pleb.

Because the Heisei films were commercials for the merchandise. Sure they were embarrassed, though not enough to lose a dollar.

>no
What's wrong with GMK?

>"gojira"

Does Tokyo SOS have the best special effects?

Big Guy.

some of them, defo.

can't remember if they still do the "empty G suit standing still" stunt from GXMG

Can't remember either. But Vs Biollante gives it a run for its money.

best Heisei effects for sure.

what's with G (seemingly) bleeding acid during the final fight, though? is it meant to be stuff from Biollante's tentacles or the nuclear bacteria in full effect?

The first time I watch this was the UK release were everyone had out of place British accents and the soundtrack was replaced with cheesy 90s techno

>is it meant to be stuff from Biollante's tentacles or the nuclear bacteria in full effect?

Likely a combination of both. Godzilla has never bled green blood before.

Forgot link dailymotion.com/video/x5c4bbp

>One will defend you, the others will try to kill you
Which one?

>has the best chance of taking on all of the other monsters on that chart

At least he did things beside sit in a boardroom and talk.

>how much more better

Idiocracy is literally coming true.

So Battle: Los Angeles is better than 12 Angry Men, correct? Because we all know boardroom meetings and dialogue can never be interesting.

They definitely aren't in Shin Godzilla.

Also kill yourself for comparing 12 Angry Men with Shin Godzilla or 2014 Godzilla.

> 12 Angry Men and Shin Godzilla
They have a lot in common. The comparison is apt. Same with Doctor Strangelove, which it has more in common with. Political satire. Shin Godzilla just has a science-fiction angle to it. And if you had actual criticisms about the politics or dialogue of Shin Godzilla instead of complaining about it deciding not to go the traditional route maybe we would have more to discuss.

In a good movie, dialogue only scenes are interesting. In Shin Godzilla, it's just a bunch of people talking and it feels like nothing is happening until Godzilla comes back. You autistic Godzilla fans are the worst.

ITT: WAAAAAAAAAH TOO MUCH TALKING NOT ENOUGH GODZILLA REEEEEEEEEEE BTW: Godzilla 1998 is a fun popcorn flick just turn your brain off haha

Autism: The Post

So you have no actual argument? Good to know.

gotem

>implying you do
kek

Kill all Godzilla fans

The director of the only two Godzilla movies to have topless women.

Unless I see some substance next time this will be my last response to you. I've asked you for Shin Godzilla specific criticism and thus far you've provided absolutely nothing. I could change almost nothing about your "criticisms" and apply them to Doctor Strangelove or 12 Angry Men. Your sentiment is beginning to sound vaguely racist. Anyway, Shin Godzilla is commentary on the Fukushima disaster back in March 2011 and is essentially an updated Gojira with Hideaki Anno's sensibilities. It critiques the government's response to the situation with Godzilla as the substitute for the earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear reactor meltdown. Rando Yaguchi and his team of political/military misfits struggle to cut through the inefficiency of Japanese bureaucracy before all is lost. Instead of portraying the establishment as evil, their approach and attitude towards the situation is just inappropriate. People are dying every second and they are too concerned about image and seniority. Yaguchi just wants to protect his country and his people in the face of an unprecedented and rapidly evolving crisis. The cinematography, editing, score, and satire keeps the meetings fresh for most of the movie, however, I'll admit five minutes leading up to the finale could have been trimmed for a smoother experience.

Stay butt blasted, autistic faggot.

your mom will die

>t-this is the last time I'll respond to you
>I mean it!
>f-fuck you your mom will die! haha I bet you feel bad now!

The absolute state of your life.

>implying im the same guy

Back to TK and r/godzilla with you

>I-I'm somebody else! haha got you
>If I wait a few minutes before responding he'll think I actually left and someone else came to white knight me! haha

Kill yourself

>leave for twenty minutes
>come back to find this
Movie discussion is serious business.

>it took him that long to shop away a couple of (You)s

lmao

it was actually me all along

>half this thread

Obviously
Literally what did you expect from a Godzilla thread? It has one of the most autistic fanbases in history.

I have no idea, I've only been interested in Goji for less than a year