DEA ban on Kratom

Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse.

This is not true for Kratom, it has been shown numerous times in reports from users to help recovering Opiate addicts, treat pain, combat depression and anxiety, and much more. Deaths that involve Kratom being a persons' system have always been from the result of mixing Kratom with other drugs, rather than Kratom alone. In states that banned Kratom, Alabama specifically, opiate usage and deaths went up after Kratom was banned in the state. Please stop the DEA from scheduling Kratom as Schedule I, there are many people who will suffer from this.

Sources:

jaoa.org/article.aspx?articleid=2094342

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3670991/

Other urls found in this thread:

petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/please-do-not-make-kratom-schedule-i-substance
nytimes.com/2016/01/03/us/kratom-an-addicts-alternative-is-found-to-be-addictive-itself.html?_r=0
csom.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Attenuation-of-Heroin-Withdrawl-Syndrome-by-the-Administration-of-High-Dose-Vitamin-C-27.4.pdf
whale.to/v/c/stone.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They originally banned it because it was one of the ingredients in most spice mixtures, and they're inept as shit.

If you agree that the DEAs decision to classify this medicinal herb as a schedule 1 narcotic and deny thousands of patients a natural alternative to the pain pill circus, please sign the petition in link below. Be sure to verify your signature through the email link they send once you've signed. This herb has helped otherwise parasitic individuals (whether the pain disabled individual or the addicted degenerate who robs and steals to get high) learn to lead normal productive lives. Thank you brethren for your time.

petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/please-do-not-make-kratom-schedule-i-substance

Forgot to add link kek

Kratom is extremely addictive. WORSE, some states were paying for it through healthcare / disability.

It's not about deaths or dangers of the drugs, it's about our country's taxpayers not being ripped off by manufacturers raising prices on addicting drugs that often don't even need to be prescribed.

>Kratom is extremely addictive.
>addictive
>extremely

If you think kratom is "extremely" addictive then you don't know shit about it... what are you basing your knowledge of it based on what the DEA says about it? Also, how the fuck was the healthcare system paying for Kratom?

Kratom has got thousands upon thousands of people off of Heroin and pain pills...

Kratom = a 5 year old riding a bicycle with training wheels

Heroin = A Hells Angels member going 100mph on a Harley

You know in various peer-reviewed studies it's been shown that 7-Hydroxymitragynine (most potent alkaloid in Kratom) while being more potent than Morphine is less addictive and withdrawals from it are much MUCH MUCHHHHHH less severe... but hey... that's just that science bullshit that wasn't paid for by people with an agenda...

"Extremely" addictive rofl... wat

Artiom?

My dad used it to get off opiates, shill.

What is Krat-om? Can I get high off it?

Can big pharmacy make money off it? No? There's your answer.

pleaz stop kratom and just smoke weed

GRADOM :DDDDD

The proper response would have been for the DEA to place it under schedule III or IV, along with other low-potency opioids, and allow doctors to decide for their patients what they want to do in the course of pain treatment. This action is a conscious effort to prop up the Big Pharma monopoly on pain relief, and should be opposed by people of all political persuasions.

Basically this.

It's also politicians who don't know shit and hop on the bandwagon of scoring political points for banning substances to get votes... soccer moms and their kids protected!

Soooo damn ridiculous...

The Euphoria is extremely mild. So, no.

>Soooo

And back to rebbit you go.

this stuff makes you high as fuck you degen. After the gym in college i would put like 5 grams into my protein shake and not move from the couch all day

Land of the """"""free""""""

Fuck off, it is. Not only does it have opioid receptor agonist effects, it also functions as a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. SSRI withdrawals are no joke.

Yeah and you took it to get high you fucking cretin. Its all about intention.

I take a half teaspoon daily for arthritis pain it makes me less negative and allows me to do labor for the day at optimum efficiency. We need more education and awareness and less dogma.

Yeah and you took it to get high you fucking cretin. Its all about intention.

I take a half teaspoon(.5g) daily for arthritis pain it makes me less negative and allows me to do labor for the day at optimum efficiency. We need more education and awareness and less dogma.

My first kratom experience was more euphoric than my first heroin experience.

So the DEA just invents laws without a vote?

Are jews responsible?

Your level of stupidity is shocking. Kratom withdrawals are about the equivalent of having a minor cold (keyword here being "minor") unless you've been using extremely potent Kratom extracts as if they were water in which case it's a bit more severe.

Kratom withdrawals compared to withdrawals from Heroin or pain pills are a total joke.

Comparing Kratom to Heroin or other opioids is like comparing coffee to crack. Coffee is a stimulant... Crack is a stimulant... Coffee is addictive... Crack is addictive... guess we should ban coffee right!?!? Kratom is to Heroin what coffee is to crack...

It binds to opioid receptors sure... that doesn't make it the devil automatically lol...

Kratom saves many MANY people's lives by allowing them to get off of shit like Heroin and Oxycodone pills and then they often times return to being productive people who contribute to the economy in beneficial ways.

There is no legal way to get a patent on Kratom or any of its alkaloids... Pharma companies would rather have you on suboxone or methadone forever than have you buy Kratom online for a couple months and then end your habit completely.

You're BTFO.

hahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahaha

This!

Regardless of what your opinion may be on Kratom or any other drugs for that matter it should be noted that we didn't elect the people in the DEA... They are making laws unilaterally without a vote. They get to do whatever the fuck they want by using a bunch of misinformation and people who've been paid off.

The DEA making Kratom illegal in such a way is exactly the type of thing that /pol is against... You guys really want more laws and government regulations especially from some mother fuckers no one even voted for?

Lol I've withdrawn from all kinds of shit. I used to be on opiates. Kratom is a joke. Its the child's play of withdrawing. Why do people who clearly don't take a substance always act like they are experts on said substance? You probably haven't even taken kratom a single time.

Damn... you got ripped off on that heroin bro. Your shit must've been stepped on over and over... more cut than Heroin by a wide margin.

Someone's anally agitated that his drug of choice is about to be scheduled.

Have you considered not being a degenerate drug addict? It's fairly easy - next time you want to get high, then don't.

not sure what schedule 1 is. is that like a class A narcotic? pain killers and some anti anxiety drugs are considered that and its illegal to have without a prescription

Dubs speak the truth.

Anyone who thinks Kratom is extremely addictive or has severe withdrawals is stupendously ignorant. It needs to be said again... Kratom is to Heroin what Coffee is to Crack.

There's also peer-reviewed studies from respected doctors and scientists that show Kratom is less addictive and has less severe withdrawals than morphine... but yea... who cares about science and doctors and you know... proof? Pfft... who cares about proof... let's just fear monger... KRATOM IS LIKE 1000X MORE POTENT THAN HEROIN AND A SINGLE SUGAR SIZED GRAIN OF IT WOULD KILL AN ELEPHANT WITHIN SECONDS!!!

It has more to do with the fact that kratom was my first ever opioid, whereas I had considerable tolerance when I tried heroin.

Don't underestimate the potency of kratom.

Schedule 1 means you CAN'T get it with a prescription. Schedule 1 means it's illegal period... Schedule 2 is things like Oxycodone or Fentanyl or Amphetamines. Schedule 1 is Heroin, Marijuana, Cocaine etc.

Signed.

I actually have. The opioid withdrawal effect is similar to codeine, i.e. very mild. The SSRI withdrawal is fucking horrendous, with brain zaps and the lot.

Why do people who take substances automatically assume that their own personal experience is the one and only truth and that anyone who claims to have a different experience necessarily must be lying?

You know what we need less of? We need less of this damn thread every single day. Why don't you write your fucking Congressmen instead of bitching to us about it and shitting up the board?

Alright, I can give you that. The first dance with the devil always has that special place. My first percocet was pristine. But that is small game in the grand scheme.

Umm... that's fine and all (euphoria being subjective and what not) but just to note, Kratom can't make you nod out and stop breathing and then die like Heroin can.

It's impossible to lethally overdose on Kratom... you'd have to consume such a huge amount of it to overdose that you would vomit long LONGGG before your life was in danger.

Euphoria is subjective. Being opioid naive and taking Kratom may give you a bit of euphoria but please don't try to tell anyone that it's anywhere near as potent as Heroin.

You have to use at least a couple grams of Kratom to feel anything from it and that's if you have ZERO tolerance. If you have ZERO tolerance and take a couple grams of Heroin you die.

Will it be enforced? I mean, will shipments be seized? Will dogs be trained to detect it? Is that possible?

When will it the scheduling go into effect? October 1st or do we have a while after September 30?

>help recovering Opiate addicts
Literally the only reason of the ban, same with Ibogaine

I'm very torn about kratom
I did it like everyday for a year and stopped in literally a day
I was pretty depressed for a while and I wanted to get into harder drugs but I never bothered to

I think they will just shit all over importations until it becomes economically nonviable and that will be that, end of story.

Brain zaps from Kratom? You lie sir. None of the science behind Kratom suggests what you are saying and I've also reviewed thousands of user reports about Kratom withdrawals... no one has ever even suggested brain zaps.

If you aren't lying... then you experienced something tremendously rare. Brain zaps from Kratom... you might be a genetic anomaly or something. That's very VERY strange.

Name the last time over the last 15 years were you have stopped the government from doing what they want.

Name one.

Learn to read you addled scum degenerate.

Same. When I was at the height of my chronic pain I would have invited a drug like oxy into my life. When the pain stopped, so did the kratom

Obama got BTFO during his first attempt at Syrian intervention against Assad because no one wanted another war.

I'm assuming you weren't implying OP specifically and solely.

>They originally banned it because

uhhh.... when?

you know what we're talking about, right?

I take it all the time and forget to take it all the time too. It isn't very addictive and helps me lower the amount of oxycodone I take. Chronic pain from a car accident and subsequent surgeries. God, the DEA is just fucking evil.

STOP. LYING. YOU. MORON.

either you are blatantly, shamelessly, OBVIOUSLY lying, or you shot up brown sugar

Need to disband that shadow cartel joke of a department. The DEA is a waste of tax dollars used to launder money for insider trading.

this user is spot-on. been through high-dose Oxycodone withdrawal, and been through kratom withdrawal.

guess which i'd prefer?

Good thing, addicts should be purged with fire.

>being a druggy

Yo nigga I'm from da DEA we da only ones qualified to be banning drugz n shit.

smoke tobacco? chew tobacco? drink coffee? drink tea? drink caffeinated soft drinks? or a thousand other legal things?

if so, fuck off, you gigantic hypocrite.

LOL i LOVE that video!!!

post link, nigra

You can include sugar in that list as well. Biggest addiction in this country with an actual health catastrophe behind it.

the war thing is different because they do this to appease the public so if the public says no to another war then it's gonna be no but for things like banning random shit nobody ever changed jack shit.

OH YES thank you for reminding me... the grandaddy of them all, when it comes to extremely common addictions that fly under the radar.

We're so fucked.

My only solution is kill DEA members. They may be ordinary guys, but theyre active treasonous dogs serving unelected kike masters.

Kill politicians if you see them. You may only ever get one chance.

government should decriminalize all drugs imo

EVERY AMERICAN Sup ForumsTARD IN THIS THREAD NEEDS TO SIGN THAT PETITION!

you guys know what this is about: whether you take kratom or not, this is about FREEDOM and an out of control government agency making laws outside of Congress, with the intention of further enriching the (((few))) that profit hugely from both the illicit drug trade, and big pharma's super-addictive painkillers.

IT IS YOUR *DUTY* TO SIGN THAT DAMNED PETITION, GUYS!

DOOO EEEET!!!!

It didn't get BLM listed as terrorists. Your politicians are paid for

VIOLENCE is the only answer.

Several states have rescinded their individual bans on Kratom due to public outreach thus far. The gears are turning to attempt the same but this is a different battle with a far greater boss behind the curtains than just state. I don't think anything will come out of this but it would be completely useless to make no attempt.

It sucks but it isn't the end of the world. Specifically the part about schedule 1 aka no more research into its constituents.

for visibility. Already signed

You know just like me anywhere in the world that federal laws out weight the provincial/state laws. If the DEA says no it's no everywhere.

Fully aware. Groups like the American Kratom Association are ramping into overdrive to see what can be done. I am not deluded to believe it will succeed but it is better to try. Not because I'll be sad that it all dries up for me, but the fact that it will do so likely indefinitely, with no further research, ever.

here is a break down of the currently known alkaloids in Kratom and the associative effects of each:

>Ajmalicine (Raubasine), a cerebrocirculant, antiaggregant, anti-adrenergic (at alpha-1), sedative, anticonvulsant, smooth muscle relaxer
>Corynantheidine, an opioid antagonist
>Corynoxeine, a calcium channel blocker
>Corynoxine A and B, Dopamine mediating anti-locomotives
>Epicatechin, an antioxidant, antiaggregant, antibacterial, antidiabetic, antihepatitic, anti-inflammatory, anti-leukemic, antimutagenic, antiperoxidant, antiviral, cancer preventative, alpha-amylase inhibitor
>9-Hydroxycorynantheidine, a partial opioid agonist
>7-Hydroxymitragynine, an analgesic, antitussive, antidiarrheal, primary psychoactive in kratom
>Isomitraphylline, an immunostimulant, anti-leukemic
>Isopteropodine, an immunostimulant
>Mitragynine, an analgesic, antitussive, antidiarrheal, adrenergic, antimalarial, possible psychedelic (5-HT2A) antagonist
>Mitraphylline, a vasodilator, antihypertensive, muscle relaxer, diuretic, anti-amnesic, possible immunostimulant
>Paynantheine, a smooth muscle relaxer
>Rhynchophylline, a vasodilator, antihypertensive, calcium channel blocker, antiaggregant, anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, anti-arrhythmic, antithelmintic
>Speciociliatine, a weak opioid agonist
>Speciogynine, a smooth muscle relaxer
>Speciophylline, an anti-leukemic; and Tetrahydroalstonine, a hypoglycemic, anti-adrenergic (at alpha-2)

Godspeed.

Kratom is extremely addictive, he's a hundred percent right.

When I got clean in florida after six months I went to a kava bar that sold kratom under the table, it's called kavasutra. You can nod out just as hard as other opiates, and the withdrawl is hell. It's nearly as bad as roxies, probably as bad as percs/vics

I'm happy that they are banning it, I never could've hoped for this to happen on this level. I thought just certain states would get on the band wagon. Hopefully after a taper the withdrawl wont be so bad.

Do seven grams twice a day for a year and tell me it's not addictive you stupid fucking moron.

Absolutely everything is addictive with insufficient willpower. Some people can't go a week without internet. Some people cannot function right without a cup of coffee. Others cannot eliminate sugar from their diet. The main point is, is how bad will it run a person's life off the rails, and what is the likelihood of this occuring. I do not believe kratom is a significant threat compared to its alternatives among opioids. Unfortunately some individuals are in circumstances where chronic pain dictates this class of substances as a necessity in regards to our current medical knowledge.

DUDE, YOU ARE TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY LYING.

/cruise

...and i did FAR more than 7 grams b.i.d. for a year.

Do non-american signatures count?

A huge component of withdrawal is within and individual's own psyche, and their expectations of what is to come. Example: from your stance you would have a far easier time than the negative, contrarian defeatist you are arguing with who thinks it is basically heroin in leafy form. TBHhonest it is this mentality that fucks people up the most.

>TBHhonest it is this mentality that fucks people up the most.

actually, i would wholeheartedly agree with you on this!

The irony is that while some may abuse kratom for a mild euphoria it is not dangerous and this ban is going to cause far more harm than it will prevent (which would be none)

The fact that it's going straight to schedule I and not even II, III, or even IV is outrageous.

As soon as it started getting sold in head shops mixed in with other synthetic dangerous chemicals I knew we were headed for trouble.

The drugs should all be legal. What should be illegal is abuse and abuse should always result in mandatory detox and loosing your privilege to use recreational drugs for X number of years.

Yes. We need a stoner licence. It would solve everything. Seriously.

>I cant control myself therefore everyone should suffer
Kill yourself. Just kill yourself right now

I'm down to five grams a day two times and after twelve hours my nose starts to run, I get tired and feel like shit. Hot flashes, sweating, not to mention at work all day I sweat worse than I ever have. If I didn't have a manual labor job the side effects while high/withdrawl never would've been this pronounced.

It's not as bad as thirties, but it's fucking horrible. At first it didn't affect me the way it is now and it makes no sense in that respect.

If I had a connec for subs i'd try them, but since I got addicted to kratom I haven't bought any pills/dope/subs and I honestly don't even know where to get anything. There are stories all over the internet speaking of the horrible truth about kratom. It doesn't kill, but it ruins lives in the end like all other drugs. I just want to be sober.

I went to the same kratom bar as this person. The owners were big into spice before this they are just niggers plain and simple. I got to know one owner and the employees because we spent a lot of money there.

nytimes.com/2016/01/03/us/kratom-an-addicts-alternative-is-found-to-be-addictive-itself.html?_r=0

Dude you havent killed yourself yet. Try it itll help

You know nothing of me you gigantic faggot, I experienced it completely out of nowhere for the first time and I was completely taken back. It was unexpected and definitely real.

I guess the sweats and runny nose are all in my head along with the rest of it?

What have you ever stood for in your life nigger? How many people have you red pilled in your life, how much have you stood for when it mattered most to you? What are you actually physically capable of doing, repairing, building or preparing?

You are probably like most of the degenerate americans in this country, I can't wait for the shit to hit the fan so you fuckers get what's coming to you in the worst way.

Maybe you're the one who should kill themselves?

What are you actually capable of out in the real world, where have you made a difference, what trades and skill sets have you garnered throughout your years of hard work and perseverance?

i definitely wouldn't say that it is completely non-addictive, or that there are no physical effects to withdrawal from kratom, but it is NOTHING like withdrawal from a full-blown opiate agonist.

i have serious, sincere sympathy for you, bro, as i obviously know how that is. let me give you some advice: look online for all the info you can find on sodium ascorbate for withdrawing from opiates. i was in a kratom thread last night and mentioned it. here, i'll re-post some links for you:

csom.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Attenuation-of-Heroin-Withdrawl-Syndrome-by-the-Administration-of-High-Dose-Vitamin-C-27.4.pdf

whale.to/v/c/stone.html

start with those.

bear in mind after you read them, that AMOUNT and FREQUENCY OF DOSE are absolutely key, as is taking the sodium ascorbate with some fruit juice, to increase absorption. it takes about 12-18 hours after your first dose (with doses above 3-4 grams, and taken every 2 hours or even more frequently) for you to feel the relief, but feel free to take the kratom alongside it while you do. it will also destroy any tolerance you have developed to opiates, to the point that it is like you are your average opiate-naive person again.

i could go on and on and on, and i consider it a karmic debt to tell other opiate addicts about this.

No, it is definitely very real, yet the intensity and duration is primarily determined by an individual's own psychology/mentality as well as their expectations (or lack thereof) which is why you end up with some people saying it isn't shit and others saying it is hell. You can find people like myself who had absolutely no issue cutting out sugar from my diet, as well as individuals who absolutely cannot handle it and fully suffer something harsh.

I'll give you some personal advice, I'd avoid suboxone like the plague. If you feel as though kratom is suffering, you have only hell to expect if you move into any of the big-name opiates. Best of luck to you senpai.

It's not addictive yet the local headshop sells out of OPMS and that other company that sells the three packs of extract capsules in no time. Kavasutras main source of income was kratom even though they were a kava bar.

It's time to get clean niggers i'm happy it's coming sooner than I thought. There is no stopping them at all, try all you want nothing has ever stopped them before when they are this dead set on something.

This is not about butt hurt junkies

This is about a harmless plant that has helped people with PTSD, helped people with chronic pain for who prescription opioids are dangerous or just aren't effective, people with depression and anxiety for whom kratom has given them ability to be a productive social member of society, and let's not forget those that have used kratom to quit far more dangerous drugs, even alcohol. I've read claims of the improved mood, calmfullness and desire to talk and communicate saving marriages.

The bottom line is kratom improves so many peoples quality life, profoundly so in some cases and that's going to be taken away with no just reason.

You were never addicted to opiates stop lying. The fact that you would even compare a kratom withdrawal to roxies is retarded. I took about 12 grams of kratom a day and when i just felt like I had a cold for a few days.

>I'll give you some personal advice, I'd avoid suboxone like the plague.

LISTEN. TO. THIS. user!!!!

source: former 10-year Suboxone user here. it was probably the biggest mistake of my life. DO NOT go that route!

* when i quit

Did a cold-turkey off 12mg a day because I was tired of being enslaved by it with its long half-life. 3 months for the withdrawals to stop and to be able to sleep. This is the "government approved" alternative. Fuck it.

pretty sad desu, I take some kratom before I jog and it makes my mindset so positive I can jog 20km with ease.
Never have a crash, no burnout, no withdrawls, no weird high, just a mild positive boost to my mindset.
The website i buy it from is in the states and theyve just shut down :(

Im a skilled tradesman who takes Kratom because its the only thing aside from alcohol or pain meds that allow me to even stand up after work. Go fuck yourself. Just because you cant handle yourself now normal people like me have to go on truly addictive pain meds.
Like I said before, wed all be better off if you an heroed already

I'm a Police Officer and fucked up my knee pretty good in 2014 while fighting with someone. I had surgery (and need another). I am still working full time but in pain every day. The fact that I have to wear 30 pounds of nonsense everyday doesn't help either.

For almost two years I was taking Percs and then eventually switched to Tramadol (because it lasts longer for me in between doses) to keep the pain at bay. I got sick of taking that shit and discovered Kratom by chance after reading an article about a State banning it. Imagine that.

Since the start of 2016 I've been taking Kratom and haven't had to take any of my prescribed opiate meds and don't really take Aleeve or Aspirin anymore either.

It works. I love it. There have been a few times I've gone a few weeks without it as well (when I went on vacation) and there is no real withdraw either. People who think its some horrible addictive substance are retarded. You can't overdose on it. If you take too much you'll either throw it up or get sleepy. You can't die from it.

Our Government is retarded if they make this a schedule-1, or any schedule for that matter, without any real discussion. Our Country is a fucking joke sometimes.

thanks man. I'm going to order some liposomal vitamin c and try that. Supposedly that is more readily absorbed and you don't get the negative side affects of high dose vitamin c. If there is no benefit i'll try your way. Either way i'll read the article. I grew up in NYS and I still have family in that shitty city.

I read that it helps to cure cancer years back so i'm willing to give anything a try as long as it's not another drug.

No one has died, but don't underestimate kratom.

When I was doing heroin, i'd go on subs for a few days when I ran out of money. I never went through withdrawl from it, but I lived with some who had. If I could do it for a few days that's all i'd do, I never did it more than 4/5 days in a row ever.

Thanks for your service bro

a kindred soul, a fellow traveler.

it's absolutely demonic that they approved it, especially at the doses it's used. buprenorphine used to be prescribed in the MICROgram range for moderate-severe pain.

they knew what they were doing. they attempted to develop and market a permanently addicting drug.

they did an excellent job.

read this article i posted up here:

the first one. he mentions that the federal government sent "experts" on addiction to go see what he was doing. this would have been a few years before Suboxone was released. i think they were trying to find a way to head off this technique of painlessly withdrawing from opiates. it's a long story as to why i think that's the case, but i am sure that's what happened.

>I'm going to order some liposomal vitamin c and try that.

maybe in conjunction WITH the sodium asorbate, but definitely not INSTEAD of it. been there, done that. and i am a HUGE fan of Lypo-C, and LivOn Labs in general.

It was cutting into the pharmaceutical kikes profits. Can't allow that. That's literally it.

That's why they're banning it. Can't have things that can compete with patented medicines.

kratom actually can be dangerous in certain situations. take my friend for instance. he shot up 2 kratoms at the same time and overdosed.

Oh. I was wrong. The DEA is aware of 15 related Kratom deaths from 2014-2016. 15. That is less than Aspirn, Aleeve, Tyenol, Booze, Opiates, or slipping on a wet floors.
So is this a done deal then? Is there anyway to fight it? Anywhere to send letters?

How does the DEA just ban drugs with no legislation or democratic vote of any kind?