Hey, Sup Forums. What are some non-Ghibli, older (pre-2000) good japanese animated films?

Hey, Sup Forums. What are some non-Ghibli, older (pre-2000) good japanese animated films?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=49wp0H-x4Ec&t=1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ninja scroll
vampire hunter d
perfect blue

all of these are superior to any ghibli film

Anything by Satoshi Kon

Akira
Ghost in the Shell

Seconding all of these

Strongest demon coming through, literally died from plot armour

Reminder the rise of Sup Forumsedditors coming over to Sup Forums as a result of Bane memes has led to a shift in taste on Sup Forums

99% of the anime threads here are made by Sup Forumsedditors who only watch LE EPIC MANIME shonen trash and are too scared to post on Sup Forums because no one wants to talk about the same 5 old classic anime that only entry level newfaggots know about. Then they cry about Sup Forums having shit taste and proceed to buy their next avengers movie ticket.

Sup Forums has actually done a fantastic job at keeping out you Sup Forumseddit scum and so all you faggots come crying here because no one wanted to accommodate your newfaggotry.

Also you all treat Sup Forums as a place to ask for recommendations when was made to deal with garbage threads like these that aren't actually discussing anything. This thread should be deleted but since Sup Forums mods are garbage it won't.

>perfect blue
Fuck off entry level pleb

My favorite is Macross, I still get close to tearing up watching the "Do you remember love?" music video.

OP be more specific, what do you like?

This is why you don't eat the puss.

Berserk(1997)

castle of cagliostro is ghibli but I don't think it's as well associated with it than the other ones, it's very good.

Wow you called a good movie "entry level". Not only does that make it true but it also makes you a patrician in comparison. You sure are cool for liking Sunset Boulevard.

He said films, not series.

this Kon is underrated as fuck what the hell

>movie
Exactly
This is a film board you entry level fucking pleb. Keep your movie shit on Sup Forums or imdb

Most people say all anime is crap but the crap to gold ratio is right in step with Hollywood dreck. Anime comes out slightly ahead lately though

Most anime is crap, it's produced solely for the most fanatical who throw the most money, just like Hollywood, but at least in America we don't cater to lonely virgin pedos.

To say that anime "comes out slightly ahead" is a far stretch, could you name some recent anime that were actually good? I can't.

Yeah, Hollywood doesn't cater to lonely virgin pedos! Our pedos actually fuck children!

>Chink shit
Sup Forums is that way pal >>>/fuck off/

Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise

>heralding Sup Forums
Please. Watching anime at all is basically the plebbest of activities to begin with. You're free to be elitist towards a giant pile of shit if you want though, I have no reason to stop you.

Entry level and "bad" are two distinct things.
Counting OVA's

Riding Bean
Patlabor: The Movie
Roujin Z
Iria: Zeiram the Animation
Jin-Roh
Arcadia of My Youth
Wicked City
Demon City Shinjuku

Thats a whole different issue.

Legend of the Overfiend 1 & 2

For an anime movie based off a video game, it's actually REALLY good.

Not like it matters, the trap is laid so you can get me to say what I like so you can crap on it without ever watching it, but I've seen
>Yuri on Ice
>Mr Osomatsu
>Saint Seiya
>One Punch
And Ronja recently, and they've all been more entertaining than anything from 2015-17.
If you're gonna insult anime by calling the fans pedo, then no, it isn't. Fucking defending pedowood.

He only watches capeshit and flavor of the month horror movies/tv shows. You can tell simply by his post

holy fucking shit i thought i was the only one who knew about thast film, i jerked off at highschool literally like nagumo does in the girls equipment area after seeing it, fucking great times

They Were Eleven

You niggas ready for the REAL kino?

>First memory of Ninja Scroll was watching the rape scene with my family when I was 5.
First time I saw it I thought it was Zangief raping Chun Li.

Riding Bean and Jin-Roh are so fucking good. We said no Ghibli, but name one Hollywood movie that drew more tears than Grave of the Fireflies.
you can't

so you're twelve now?

youtube.com/watch?v=49wp0H-x4Ec&t=1s

PURE FUCKING KINO