It turns out the main culprit was a retarded incest hillbilly who lived in a haunted mansion

>it turns out the main culprit was a retarded incest hillbilly who lived in a haunted mansion

BRAVO PIZZA

Did you actually watch the whole thing? Seems like you didnt

Did Rust hallucinate the galaxy in the finale, or was it a vision of Carcosa?

Tell me what I am missing

Eh, yea there was a vast conspiracy, of which he was just a part, but he was still ultimately the face and perpetrator of the in-story evil, the ostensible antagonist. It was deflating. Especially the silly green ears bullshit.

Cary's exemplary work, along w/ the acting, carried a passable, cliched script.

I can't get over the green painted ears thing.
So a girl running from him saw that both his ears were green from the house he painted before this for the old lady who happens to know the exact day her house got painted after 15 years or so and by which person.

He was extremely intelligent

I figured he was wearing green headphones, as groundskeepers do, Nope, great job Pizzalotta

*sigh*
see

Yep. Subtle misdirection.

This. The guy with the green ears had NOTHING to do with anything. Didn't you watch the show?

>imitating an English accent you hear on TV means you're intelligent
GREEN EARS

he was well spoken in general. yes the ears were dumb but that's on Pizzaman not the character

It was so subtle when he stood up and said his family has been there a long time. I had no idea what would happen after that.

Kissin on a man while im workin in the kitchen.

Not what I meant Shillstein. But you know that.

Yup. The only reason s1 has any praise is due to the technical merits of the direction and performances.

The green ears thing makes perfect sense you retard. She was injected with meth and LSD so it makes sense that she saw a "monster" with a spaghetti face and green ears as she ran away

Doesn't really matter. Either people do horrible things for crazy reasons, or they aren't crazy and the horrible things they do are actually sane - it's scary either way.

>the old lady who happens to know the exact day her house got painted after 15 years or so and by which person.

I notice you didnt address that part

Did they ever reveal who Carl Costa was? Everybody talked about him but he never appears

It was a Christ analogue like "Waiting for Godot"

Series would've been better if they had flipped some things around.

On episode 5 they get this guy, the redneck retard and he doesn't tell much but gets kill. Rust feels the case isn't finished so he continues researching like he does. At the end of the interview where he talks to Hart it plays much the same, only they realize that the conspiracy reaches all the way to that guy (was it a senator?) which makes them untouchable. So they decide that the least they can do is go after the guy who carried out the actual murders. So it's Reggie Ledoux who they go after in the finale.

> he commits heinous murders because he's le evil swamp man
> green ears
> rust literally sees the light and becomes a believer

why is this shit so overrated?

Whatever faults the story ultimately has, the first four episodes were kino.

> Genius Pizza

Open the season with a exquisite murder scene, resplendent with ritualistic / occult icons.

(giant crow mask / antler and cajun bird traps)

> TURD DETECTIVE

End season catching the idiot suspect, who had no motives at all with spirituality, he was just an retard.

heh.

>Did Rust hallucinate the galaxy in the finale
if you watched the entire season, you'd have realized Rust was in a coma and the entire season was him tripping on LSD. He was never a detective to begin with.

-flat circle pizza

Welp season 2 is still terrible, so don't lay that nonsense on us that they have parity. One is universally acclaimed and the other is universally maligned for a reason.

>no motives at all
He was liberating himself from the karmic cycle of death and rebirth. Watch the last episode again.

>rust literally sees the light and becomes a believer
why do you plebs see this as a weakness? Have you ever watched a film before? Would you honestly prefer it if Rust went deep into the heart of darkness, confronted it and himself, and emerged completely unchanged? Do you know what a character arc is?

>Watch the last episode again
no one can subject me to that torturous season again.