Champions #2 Full Lettered Preview

Campfire stew

FIN

After reading Vision, it seems downright insulting that Viv could go strait from a book like to crap like this.

That's marlel for you. Always hurting their readers for money.

That's like comparing Mean Girls to Schindler's List.

Tom fucking Brevoort ladies and gentlemen

This is the kind of thing they should've established in the first issue. Also why does she say Spidey in one panel but only Spider in the next? Does nobody proofread this shit? It's bad enough that editors don't care about things like the last panel in where you can't even tell who's saying "of course you will".

>inb4 woke posting

I don't understand how people ever liked Waid

>Viv just puts hand out to fit in
cute

Both quality films in their own genres.

But if some asshat decides that there should be a one-one comparison...

I thought he was snowboarding in the thumbnail

Flash fans have lower standards

I totally didn't notice that!

Weird though, in 'Visions they would do the same damned thing, setting out plates for dinner ... ordering and paying for food the waitress would never take to their table...

You'd think they'd at least give her a stick.

Why does Kamala look like she's Black instead of Asian when Ramos draws her?

Can't Miles turn invisible in darkness? (I mean that literally and not some racist joke)

Should be the colorist

This writing is completely devoid of character.
It's trying, but it's not there.

Think they needed to establish the premise and action first. These characters are already known so trying to do an introduction and character bonding in the first issue would have ended up being rushed.

Soo cute.

Pls become as good as Teen Titans.

Why is Cyclops a little kid????????????????????????????????????????

Did they go full dragon ball gt

young justice vibes?

Nope. they pulled him from the silver age

I don't get it
Speed force seems like it ruined The Flash too

I definitely understand that.

It'd be pretty hard to not understand what he meant unless you're a huge fucking casual.

By which I mean you're a huge fucking casual.

It's still weird that he seems younger than in his first appearance, though.

Wish they had given this to G. Willow Wilson.

>Waid writing teenagers

And also someone that's not Ramos.

They travelled in time to 1966, around the time Cyclops begun his superhero career and brought him to the present

Literally kill yourself.

Couldn't get worse than smug damian

>implying they care
Know what matters the most to them? WALLY KNOWS SPEED FORCE BETTER THAN BARRY, FUCK YOU JOHNS!!!!!

Neither Johns or Waid wrote a good Wally compared to Messner-Loebs

But only Johns is pushing weakest Flash, amirite? I'm only memeing, more or less.

They DID NOT timetravel from 1966.
Just like how Tony Stark isn't 75 years old.
And the kids that Mr. Fantastic and The Invisible Woman had aren't in their thirties.

They came from 20 years ago.

they came from 20 years ago which was the 60s lol marvel time

if you try to work sliding timeline in the 05 are from roughly 2003

1966 in Marvel was 20 years ago.
It's fine.

I have never been so confused in my life.

Meanwhile World War 2 was 70 years ago in Marvel.

Meaning comics from the 1940's and 1970s take place 50 years before 1966, in the 1940s.

I assume in the last panel it's Sam saying "Of course you will." It just sounds like a Sam line more than a Miles line.

G. Willow Wilson and Stacey Lee would have been my choices. It would have been my favorite run ever before I even read an issue.

Significant past events get caught in the slipstream of the present and dragged along with it.

Could just as easily be a Chulk line.

Member how everyone went BENDIS SHITS ON EVERYONE WITH HIS TIMELINE when Annual was released?

Maybe there's no hint of sarcasm and irony and it's Viv affirming that she will do so because Kamala is so great?

You'll never know. The line is too generic to tell.

god I hate the way Waid writes dialogue, never understood why he ever got any hype here

I can't believe I'm saying this but Bendis would be better on this book, at least he can write likable teens sometimes

after readign AvX i totally understand the cover but nova should know that ain't the same evil cyke.

Let's not say things we can't take back.

>Rightclops
>""""""evil"""""""

Birthright is good, people memed about Kingdom Come and Flash was good believe it or not. That's why.
I still don't understand why Kingdom Come is billed as this reconstruction piece to 80s deconstruction when things like Supreme but mainly Flex Mentallo exist. I guess it's just the normalfaggotory of it but both Supreme and Flex are so much better. Guess people just want Superman to make speeches is all.

>Hitler is good
Go away, Sup Forums.

Sliding timescale, motherfuckers

It's the Ross art, man.
Same reason Marvels is grossly overrated.

>Kanye's inside voice
>sick combo moves
>bean farts
Holy fucking shit this dialogue is super cringey. #WOKE

>Anyone I don't agree with is Hitler.

>Messner-Loebs
How was WML better? Just because you make a characters life terrible doesn't make the writing better and characterization distinct. Stan Lee/Ditko did that in the 60s and nothing has actually surpassed it. I'm not even a Flashfag and I hate Waid but I also don't expect Sup Forums of all places to recognize the good writing.

Brevoort said so, I have to listen to him.

I get the feeling what Cyclops did isn't that awful (IE, they haven't come up with it yet) and they just haven't told us so we have to take the protagonists' side every time they say "BUT WHAT ABOUT WHAT CYCLOPS DID".

Don't worry, Death of X shapes him to bomb Inhuman orphanages.

Her? W-What?
Why don't they talk more about that new-fangled jazz craze?
Gee-wilikers! Why aren't they amazed by that there new-fangled computers!?
My nurse is stealing change from my couch cushions!
Why is that girl Pink? Why is that boy green? Why is that Spider-Man black?
Jumpin' Jehozifat! I'm so confused!

Rightclops was framed.

Will this end up with them checking their tumblrs in the midst of a triple murder/suicide?

They'll wait until Kamala reblogs her fanfic.

They time travelled to around the time original X-Men book started out (so mid 60's), picked up a few of the original cast (Cyclops, Jene Gray, etc.) and brought them to present day for some reason. Only now they're stuck in the present (their future) for some reason.

Note: both reasons are probably just due to Marvel trying to sell books and revive the X-Men name after their deal with Fox.

Have you read it? Wally feels like a real person and it isn't just about his suffering
His problems were solvable but he still struggled
Overcame that and had successes, and happy times
It's just good writing and all the stories are pretty thought out plus has the best single issues of any Flash series too

BUBBLES!

Hank McCoy has his own time machine.
Hank McCoy used it for creating a guilt trip.
Hank McCoy blames Scott Summers for this.

good

She did the same in the first book, when everyone is checking twitter. Pretended to be holding a phone

I am looking forward to that NovaCyclops fusion.
> SKYBORN LASER ATTACK

It was, supposedly, at King's suggestion. So.

I feel like I could write the same scene and include the same couple of things but with better dialogue

Sorry if I offended you Mark.

How about they just talk like normal fucking people?

"You"re a freaking white man, Cyclops ! And not even gay or jew, just a fucking cis WASP man ! You have nothing to do with us !"

>They came from 20 years ago.
No, they came from ~15 years ago.

Brevoort's rubberstamp.

I think she started the fire

she didn't start the fire
it was always burning since the world's been turning

We went from Civil War to Siege in a year.

>woke

The marvel-timeline is more fucked than dark soul´s.

It´s human to make mistakes.

>proportionate strength and speed
>wall-climbing
>shot web
>electro-sting i-win-button

>been on team with Miles for awhile now
>Kamala still choosing Miles first over everyone
And so it keeps sailing.

>Ramos again
Ew.

A) more like Stalin
B) he wasn't genociding anyone
In fact he was doing the opposite, kick starting a race. Is there a word for that?

Genoslut.

How long until the Mutie is accused of having white male privilege?

>creative team again
ftfy

I think he can just turn invisible at his command.

So Brevoort says. You'd do well to take anything that chucklefuck says with a bucket of salt.

Stalin was worse than Hitler.

t. Ukrainian Nazi

THE FIRE RISES

I'm not a Neo-Nazi or a Holocaust denier, but it's a given fact that Stalin was responsible for even more deaths than Hitler.

>Stalin was responsible for even more deaths than Hitler.

It is, but communists pretend it's all propaganda so they don't have to feel bad about one of their own.