Doctor Weird

Ausfag here. Came out earlier here, will answer any questions you fags have.

Is it current marvel quality, or against all odds, and appearances, a good movie.

It's pretty by the books. A lot of people draw similarities between iron man and strange. Trippy as fuck visuals though. I liked it

Everyone already knows.

Ok

Rank your favorite MCU movies, including Strange.

Cap 2
Guardians
Iron man
Civil War
Avengers
Strange
Antman
Cap
Hulk
AOU
Thor
Iron man 3
Thor 2
Iron man 2

I'm sure I've forgotten something but im smashing a schnitzel

>Not liking Iron Man 3

Why would I trust your taste?

Cap 2
Iron Man
Guardians
Avengers
Civil War
Ant man
Cap
Hulk
Thor
Iron Man 2
Thor 2
AoU
Iron Man 3

As long as Strang is above Thor 2, I won't consider it a waste of $10.

I could probably put it above AOU to be honest. But I hate extremis Paltrow

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Edgy

How's the pacing? Any problems?

Above Ant-man is a go.

Pacing isnt spectacular. He the middle parts when he is learning doesn't exactly specify how long occurs between broken surgeon to a sorcerer. And shortly after that Kaecillius starts wrecking shit. It works if you don't think overly much into it.

Not by much. But I found both quite enjoyable

Had any kangaroo problems recently? I hear they get hit by cars a lot.

Nothe particularly. Fucking pests most of the time though

how shit is the villain?

any hint of Dormammu?

Villain is as forgettable as Malekith

Dormammu is there

>Villain is as forgettable as Malekith
Come the fuck on, Marvel.

Villain is ok but nothing to write home about.

[Spoiler] Yeah alot. Very different from his usual portrayal in comics. But hopefully they elaborate more on him later. I can see people getting butthurt about him though [/spoiler]

Why is the city going all wiggly jiggly?

I hate my phone

Magic and shit

Like, are the humans aware of what's going on or what?

Sometimes but they move between mirror dimensions and shit.

IM3 was fuck shit and that hack shane black should be drawn and quartered for his involvement in writing that shit plot.

But im the Mandarin but not really lol

>It works if you don't think overly much into it.
So like every MCU film.

Shane Black is a god.

Does DormammuThe Dread have a penis? I need to know, because I want Wanda to have dark magic sex with him in the sequel.

One of the better MCU villains to be honest.

I dont know why people go in expecting the next Ledger Joker.

Kaecilius is fine, has a reason for doing what he does, and unlike a lot of MCU villains he's actually a legit threat.

This. I found Mordos reasoning a little silly towards the end though

I think the same
his conversation with Strange is convincing, his motives are clear from the beginning and for a brief moment you can see that he may be actually right

my thoughts on the contrary, I can see Mordo's motivations growing into hating all the supers as consistent and clear as Strange's taking his head out of his ass . The last scene when he declares "There are too many sorcerers" while taking away crippled man's magic power is awesome and shows convincingly this disillusioned man's tragedy and ultimate fall.

>mfw he calls out the ancient one a hypocrite
>mfw mordo like user says
>mfw dormamu literally going "delete this"
the "villains'" motivations and their way of thinking is logical.

Iron Man 3 was an unfocused piece of shit that only gets praise because it has a meme director that film festival faggots love for some reason.

is it irony or not? I'm confused.

Just watched it as well. Pretty good movie. DC is so shit.

it's not. I was thoroughly amused by the movie.

Are Drop Bears real?

>Are Drop Bears real?
Yes. Yes, they are.

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

(you)

most of my list would be reversed and antman would be bumped off. I hated Guardians more than anything in the galaxy.

Not the OP, but yeah that shit happens

My dad is a yank, moved to Aus about 3 decades ago. When he was growing up he always wanted a corvette. It was his dream car.

Fast foward, my old man's getting near 60 and he's decided he's past the time for his mid-life crisis car. He of course goes for a corvette. Finds a beautiful, well maintained Stingray (the owners husband kept loving care of it until he recently passed away).

They live a few hours a way, so to see the car we agree to meet halfway. Me and dad are driving down to the meeting point when we get a call. A roo had leapt in front of the car and dented the hood as they were coming

Fucking roos, mate.

Honestly it would have truer to his character to have been closer to Tony they were trying to hard to make them different.

I mean remember in the comics where he refused to help a dude who came in first, was slightly less critical and was basically a saint, to help the corrupt dying mayor to further his own career.

Simultaneously too fast and too slow.

I liked that they took some time to build him up before the training, but that does make the movie kinda slow, and then it seems theres rapid progress between him being a surgeon and a master magician.

That sucks man. Wish they weren't so dumb. Massive plains to jump around on, and they end up jumping in front of moving cars.

By the way, what part of the US is your dad from?

Wouldn't Chthon get insanely jealous?

So it's another fucking origin movie, and Strange does not become the Sorcerer Supreme before the very end?

I was reminded of a scene from Rex the Runt with just how the plot is resolved at the end.

If you've ever seen Rex the Runt, here's a clue:

"Is it?"

Normies aren't familiar with Doctor Strange. You have to focus on his origin because people don't already know it. He's not Spider-Man who's been rebooted twice and was already incredibly popular anyway.

I'm still pissed they didn't cast Timothy Olyphant.

Is it fun like the first Avengers and Civil War?
Are the visuals good enough to worth paying extra money to see it in the cinema, when I could wait for BR and pay less?
How annoyingly liberal is it? It is annoyingly liberal, I know that, I just wanna know how much it is. Would it's liberal bullshit spoil my enjoyment of the film?

Here's a hint: The only MCU movies I actually liked was the first Iron Man, first Avengers, Winter Soldier and Civil War and now I start considering that Iron Man and Winter Soldier weren't so good after all.
I though Ant Man was ok, the rest I didn't mention were bad. I still cry when I think I paid to watch Age of Ultron and I still sigh in relief when I think that I didn't pay to watch Guardians of the Galaxy.

So will I like Dr. Strange enough to watch it in the cinema?

>Massive plains to jump around on, and they end up jumping in front of moving cars
I'm told Canadians often have the same problem with moose. The people driving the corvette were incredibly lucky that it didn't go through the windshield. That would have been most likely deadly.

>By the way, what part of the US is your dad from?
He was born and raised somewhere north and rural, near an indian reservation. I'm not sure exactly where - probably somewhere near Montana

Nowadays my relatives mostly live on the west coast - Montana, Washington, Oregon.

>I still cry when I think I paid to watch Age of Ultron
how fuckin' retarded is that?
are tickets to cinemas so expensive that paying for a movie you didn't like brings you trauma for years?
grow up

It was one of the worst movies I have seen all year

Yeah, wasted money is a traumatic experience
We're not all richfags.

...But I was exaggerating to make a point.

However the origins could easily be told in the first 20 minutes. Time skip, than cut to full-powered Sorcerer Supreme doing badass mystic shit.

The cool part of Strange is how experienced he is. A movie about a rookie Strange is not that interesting to me.

>and Strange does not become the Sorcerer Supreme before the very end?
Strange wasn't Sorcerer Supreme until 1973, with the Shuma Gorath Saga, so there's no need for him to have that title by the end of his first movie.

No, it feels Tryhard and strange feels like ironman lite. There's tons of lame jokes.
No I thought the visuals were lame and unimaginative. Like they saw Inception and wanted to copy it but didn't know what made it good.
I don't know if its liberal or not but there's one black guy in the movie and he was useless as fuck.

Did you think they did a good job establishing magic as actual magic or not? I thought it was weird that the resuscitation machine was interfering during the astral plane fight.

>strange had no martial training and is a cripple yet he manages to physically fight the main villain and his goons using the most basic weapon construct
The dialogue was the worst part.
Wong: How good is your Sanskrit
Strange: I'm well versed in Google translate

It was inconsistent
>first and last instance of astral projection stops time
>the astral projection scene in the fight did not stop time

Ant-Man
Strange
Cap 1
Cap 2
Guardians
Iron Man 1
Iron Man 3
Civil War
--POWER GAP--
Hulk
Avengers
Thor 2
Avengers 2
Iron Man 2
Thor

Anything above the gap is anything from to great to just above average, anything below ranges from 'nothing terrible but something I can't see myself bothering to rewatch' to absolute trash.

Remember that Strange is not the master of mystic arts. So he can't do a lot of shit.

>civil war below iron man 3
how

Iron Man 3 was actually funny and had a good story.

I liked the visual connections to the other films, some of the magic realms looked like subatomic space that antman visited for example.

Mostly because Civil War wasn't really a Captain America film, and of the separate 'series' within the MCU the Cap movies have are my favourite.

Civil War had some cool scenes but I felt like it was just a follow-up to the setup stuff in Avengers 2 (which itself felt really forced) rather than its own film, and Cap's story almost took a backseat to everything else. I get that Cap and Bucky's relationship was kind of the catalyst for the events, but it was really overshadowed by the Avengers vs. Avengers 'epic' confrontation that had weak/vague motivations and centred around that dull-looking airport fight (of which the highlights were Giant-Man and Spider-Man, the minor supporting characters).

Iron Man 3 was at least its own film, and I didn't get triggered by the Mandarin thing. I don't think you'd get much out of watching Civil War by itself.

Do you have any examples of the quips? Not that I don't believe you, but I really hate it when MCU quips take me out of the whole experience, I still cringe inside when I remember the language gag in AoU

Ausfag here also saw the movie. It is really meh at best. A lot of characters were so shallow. Actions had no weight behind them and they were to scared to commit to any serious scenes so they had to throw in jokes/quips in them

I'm sure some people will manage to get themselves annoyed that the Ancient One herself gives the magic = advanced science explanation as one of her first lessons to Strange.

But Ancient One isn't doing is straight like Thor was to Jane, the context is more of it being said with implied rolling eyes, like she's giving Strange a simpletons comparison to make sense of because he's still at the point where he's close minded.

That's not bad dialogue, just a bit low-hanging.

It isn't very quiptastic, nothing like say Civil War or Avengers. it just goes for humour pretty regularly and it doesn't land a lot. It's like dad joke tier stuff.

DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH MAH WAIFU, DORMMY!

Pretty standard MCU setup, not really enough varied spellcasting and growth for Strange.

Minor peeve is that I don't think he was able to do a single spell without a talisman beyond astral projection and beverage refilling.

He makes those energy weapons and other sigils.

Yeah, I forgot about those. I guess i was hoping for more old school incantations with big effects but got kung fu action with LSD visuals instead.

I liked the Cloak of Levitation having a personality though.

>that Strange Experience Requiem

I was not ready.

dude have you not seen ticket prices?

20+ for two people

and then another like 12 dollars for a medium drinks and popcorn?

fuck that. i feel terrible for parents who have to take their whole family to the movies. that's like 100+ if you don't have children under 10

>I've come to bargain.
>I've come to bargain.
>I've come to bargain.
>I've come to bargain.
>I've come to bargain.
>I've come to bargain.
x infinite

>mfw Dormammu starts losing his shit
Raging Pepe edit when?

>Hero defeats villain by trolling him
Sup Forums might just save the world someday.

I wonder how long Dormammu lasted.

Can't imagine what it must have been like for a being as grand as he to be stuck like that. It's less genie in a lamp and more man trapped in a coffin by an ant and the only thing he can do is squish the ant, which makes it so that he's stuck in the coffin forever.